• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Will Hillary be the democratic nominee

Will Hillary be the democratic nominee in 2008?

• Yes. I am a conservative/republican

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Yes. I am a democrat/liberal

Votes: 9 31.0%
  • No. I am a conservative/republican

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • No. I am a democrat/liberal

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters
Che said:
Dems could put Donald Duck as a nominee and win. The war is unpopular and repubs are the ones who are mainly behind it. All dems have to do is capitalize on.

BTW don't even mention the idea of winning in 06 especially if King Bush doesn't clear up his NSA scandal

The dems have run Donald Duck in the last 2 election in Gore and Kerry and they have yet to win yet..........

Navy Pride said:
As I said many times Warner has no chance to get the nomination because the democratic party base is far left and Warner is a Moderate just like Leiberman and Edwards were in 2004......

Do you remember who your nominee was? The biggest liberal in the Senate......

You've said it many times, but you're just an outsider looking in, so I don't lend a lot of weight to what you say in terms of who my party's nominee will be... No offense intended. The pundits on the right would just love it if what you say is true, but I promise you, and I've been correct in predicting every presidential nominee since Mike Dukakis back in '88, you're not going to get it that easy in '08.

JustMyPOV said:
You've said it many times, but you're just an outsider looking in, so I don't lend a lot of weight to what you say in terms of who my party's nominee will be... No offense intended. The pundits on the right would just love it if what you say is true, but I promise you, and I've been correct in predicting every presidential nominee since Mike Dukakis back in '88, you're not going to get it that easy in '08.

No offense taken but here is a flash for you....I was making presidential predictions when you were nothing but a gleem in your father's eye, no offense......

You can come down on me but you have not answer for what i say that the dems nomination in 2004 was the biggest liberal in the senate and that will be Hillary in 2008...........Take it to the bank..........

Originally posted by SixStringHero:
Is that what you really think, or do you really hope that?
Since I am the last person one should consider a political consultant, what I think and what I hope are the same thing on this subject.

Caine said:
Only if you agree to rename the Republican Party the "American Taliban"

Greed Oil Plunder (or Putresence or Priviledge)

I'd love to see Gore run again. I'm glad to see that he is beginning to step up to the plate more as a leader of the Democratic Party.

exerpt:

Remarks by Al Gore as prepared
Associated Press / The Media Center
October 5, 2005

I came here today because I believe that American democracy is in grave danger. It is no longer possible to ignore the strangeness of our public discourse . I know that I am not the only one who feels that something has gone basically and badly wrong in the way America's fabled "marketplace of ideas" now functions.

How many of you, I wonder, have heard a friend or a family member in the last few years remark that it's almost as if America has entered "an alternate universe"?

I thought maybe it was an aberration when three-quarters of Americans said they believed that Saddam Hussein was responsible for attacking us on September 11, 2001. But more than four years later, between a third and a half still believe Saddam was personally responsible for planning and supporting the attack.

At first I thought the exhaustive, non-stop coverage of the O.J. trial was just an unfortunate excess that marked an unwelcome departure from the normal good sense and judgment of our television news media. But now we know that it was merely an early example of a new pattern of serial obsessions that periodically take over the airwaves for weeks at a time.

/snip

Our founders knew all about the Roman Forum and the Agora in ancient Athens. They also understood quite well that in America, our public forum would be an ongoing conversation about democracy in which individual citizens would participate not only by speaking directly in the presence of others -- but more commonly by communicating with their fellow citizens over great distances by means of the printed word. Thus they not only protected Freedom of Assembly as a basic right, they made a special point - in the First Amendment - of protecting the freedom of the printing press.

/snip

The liberating force of this new American reality was thrilling to all humankind. Thomas Jefferson declared, "I have sworn upon the alter of God eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
It ennobled the individual and unleashed the creativity of the human spirit. It inspired people everywhere to dream of what they could yet become. And it emboldened Americans to bravely explore the farther frontiers of freedom - for African Americans, for women, and eventually, we still dream, for all.

And just as knowledge now mediated between wealth and power, self-government was understood to be the instrument with which the people embodied their reasoned judgments into law. The Rule of Reason under-girded and strengthened the rule of law.

http://www.tpmcafe.com/story/2005/10/5/14301/6133

Last edited:
Originally posted by hipsterdufus:
I'd love to see Gore run again. I'm glad to see that he is beginning to step up to the plate more as a leader of the Democratic Party.
I've never been a big Gore fan, but I do love that speech you quoted excerpts from.

hipsterdufus said:
Greed Oil Plunder (or Putresence or Priviledge)

exerpt:

http://www.tpmcafe.com/story/2005/10/5/14301/6133

I would love to see Gore run again too.....I wonder if he could carry his home state this time..........

Navy Pride said:
I would love to see Gore run again too.....I wonder if he could carry his home state this time..........
I'm sure you all have beaten this to death in the last five years, but I just have to say: Gore won in 2000. Bush became emperor by fiat, not president by consensus vote.
So let's tone down the victorious crowing; it smacks of hubris, and of delusion.

CoffeeSaint said:
I'm sure you all have beaten this to death in the last five years, but I just have to say: Gore won in 2000. Bush became emperor by fiat, not president by consensus vote.
So let's tone down the victorious crowing; it smacks of hubris, and of delusion.

Yeah Gore would have won if he could have carried his home state which is unheard of not doing........Even Tenn. knew what a loser Gore was.....

Like Kerry the left keeps nominating flawed candidates........Bush was there for the taking in 2004 if the lefft would have nominated a moderate, but what do they do nominate the biggest liberal in the Senate.........What else is new?:roll:

Oh and keep thinking Gore won in 2000 but we know who the president is.....

CoffeeSaint said:

Your right,

This has been debunked many times over.

CoffeeSaint said:
I wonder why you still believe the President was EVER elected by "consensus vote"...:confused:

After your football teams loses, I wonder if you go around telling everyone that they should be declared the winner because they gained more yards...:roll:

galenrox said:
And it would be fun to see a Santa Clause/Jesus election in 2012, doesn't mean there's a chance in hell that it'd happen.
Considering all that we disagree on, I think we're in agreement that Hillary would make a terrible president, and Condi, although not much better, would still make a better president than Hillary.
Condi is more intelligent, and more hard working. She got where she is today by being brilliant and hard working, Hillary Clinton got where she is by marrying a brilliant and hard working man.
And then got divorced and married Bill?...:2wave:

galenrox said:
Oh that wit, you could charm the pants off of someone who wasn't wearing pants in the first place!:doh
Nobody likes a heckler....;)

galenrox said:
And it would be fun to see a Santa Clause/Jesus election in 2012, doesn't mean there's a chance in hell that it'd happen.
Considering all that we disagree on, I think we're in agreement that Hillary would make a terrible president, and Condi, although not much better, would still make a better president than Hillary.
Condi is more intelligent, and more hard working. She got where she is today by being brilliant and hard working, Hillary Clinton got where she is by marrying a brilliant and hard working man.

I think it would be really interesting if it was a Hillary/Condi race in 2008....I wonder how the African American vote would go........

As far as Clinton goes he is a brilliant man when it comes to politics but when it comes to common sense he is in a bad way......

Navy Pride said:
but when it comes to common sense he is in a bad way......

I could say the same for many on this forum.

galenrox said:
I agree it'd be really interesting. I'd vote libertarian though, but between the two I'd probably go for Condi.

I think we'll never agree on Clinton, because I have a great deal of respect for him and think he was a fantastic president, which is something that I doubt you'll ever convince me otherwise, or I'll convince you of.

Clinton could have been a great president but he ruined it all with his philandering and womanizing.........He disgraced the very office of the presidency and this country by his actions............He will go down in history at best as a mediocre president.........

Caine said:
I could say the same for many on this forum.

That is probably true but as far as I know none of them are the President of the United States............

Navy Pride said:
That is probably true but as far as I know none of them are the President of the United States............

Hmmm.. do you think these quotes show lacking of common sense in a President of the Free World??

"I don't think that witchcraft is a religion. I wish the military would rethink this decision."*

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

"This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while."

These were all said by... You guessed it, George DUBYA Bush our President.. I mean... King.. since he wasn't elected by the people.....according to this military leader anyways...

“George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States, he was appointed by God.” -Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin

Caine said:
Hmmm.. do you think these quotes show lacking of common sense in a President of the Free World??

"I don't think that witchcraft is a religion. I wish the military would rethink this decision."*

"God told me to strike at al Qaida and I struck them, and then he instructed me to strike at Saddam, which I did, and now I am determined to solve the problem in the Middle East. If you help me I will act, and if not, the elections will come and I will have to focus on them."

"Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists."

"This crusade, this war on terrorism is going to take a while."

These were all said by... You guessed it, George DUBYA Bush our President.. I mean... King.. since he wasn't elected by the people.....according to this military leader anyways...

“George Bush was not elected by a majority of the voters in the United States, he was appointed by God.” -Lt. Gen. William G. Boykin

Most of those quotes were taking out of context but we were talking about Clinton not Bush...........

galenrox said:
Something makes me doubt that. Just think, which other president is very well known for his womanizing? JFK, widely considered one of the best, if not the best, president we've ever had. History will remember Clinton for the prosperity we had during his term, and how he made a real effort to make the world a better place. Monica Lewinsky will be a footnote on his page in the history books.

Yes there are a lot of stories and books about JFK now about his womanizing, how many true I don't know..........I was alive and voting in those days and it always struck me funny that we heard none of that then.....I think its sad that a mans reputation can be slandered after he is dead and he can't defend himself.........Even if some of the stories are true about JFK I doubt if he carried on in the oval office while chatting with congress and Hillary in the other room and I know he did not get on national TV and lie to the American people nor did he lie under oath to a federal judge.........

As far as the prosperity under Clinton I give him some credit in that area but I also think the Republican Congress and the Contract with America played a huge role in it..........

Navy Pride said:
Most of those quotes were taking out of context but we were talking about Clinton not Bush...........
Nah, we were talking about leaders with a lack of common sense.

And, Reguardless if any of that was taken out of context, It doesn't matter what was said before or after these comments, they show lack of common sense.

I don't care what someone says before or after talking about Wiccans as if they shouldn't be in the military.
I don't care what someone says before or after saying that GOD told him to attack Afghanistan and invade Iraq.
I don't care what someone says before or after saying if you don't agree with me your with the terrorists (Osama said the same thing)
I don't care what someone says before or after calling our military operations a "CRUSADE".

Reguardless, it shows lack of common sense. If not just plain ignorant in themselves, its a lack of common sense for a President to say these things out loud in the ear of the press.

Caine said:
Nah, we were talking about leaders with a lack of common sense.

And, Reguardless if any of that was taken out of context, It doesn't matter what was said before or after these comments, they show lack of common sense.

I don't care what someone says before or after talking about Wiccans as if they shouldn't be in the military.
I don't care what someone says before or after saying that GOD told him to attack Afghanistan and invade Iraq.
I don't care what someone says before or after saying if you don't agree with me your with the terrorists (Osama said the same thing)
I don't care what someone says before or after calling our military operations a "CRUSADE".

Reguardless, it shows lack of common sense. If not just plain ignorant in themselves, its a lack of common sense for a President to say these things out loud in the ear of the press.

Gal and I were talking about the merits of Clinton not Bush...sorry........

galenrox said:
I am all about giving praise where praise is due, and there were many factors in the success under the Clinton administration, including the republican congress from '96-'00, but that is not to diminish that I believe Clinton was one of the best presidents we've had since Eisenhower.

But he could have been so much better had he not been a liar and a audulterer among other things and I believe the Republican congress took over during the mid-term elections in 2004..........

galenrox said:
My life wasn't at all effected by him lying or cheating on Hillary (plus it raises the question, can you really blame him?), and neither was yours.
I think the republicans took the senate by 1 seat, but then lost it when one of their guys went independent. The republicans have controlled both houses since 2002 I think.

Well I was embarrassed by his actions........I hold the office of the presidency in very high esteem and he disgraced it.......

I believe Newt and the Contract with America came in 1994.That was the mid term elections........The guy that switched I believe was Jeffors in 2000...

Back
Top Bottom