• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Trump Thinks Putin is "Genius"

Trump hasn't invaded any country...nor does he want to. But that doesn't prevent him from recognizing a successful manipulation and end run employed by Putin.

And don't make the mistake of thinking that Trump approves of what Putin is doing. He doesn't.

It's too bad the Trump haters removed Trump from Office...installed their puppet...and set up the conditions that enabled Putin to slap them around.

Isn't it true that just more than a week ago Putin claimed that they wouldn't imvade? And isn't it a lie for Putin to have claimed to cross the eastern border as a peacemaker, especially considering the conflict was never planned as a peaceful event?

What should we think of a former president who characterizes lies and deception as genius?

Trump values deception more than sincerity?

Why should anyone trust trump?

"Putin has denied he is planning to invade and has blamed the US and Nato, which he accuses of ignoring Moscow’s security needs, for escalating the crisis. "

Isn't it true that just more than a week ago Putin claimed that they wouldn't imvade? And isn't it a lie for Putin to have claimed to cross the eastern border as a peacemaker, especially considering the conflict was never planned as a peaceful event?

What should we think of a former president who characterizes lies and deception as genius?

"Putin has denied he is planning to invade and has blamed the US and Nato, which he accuses of ignoring Moscow’s security needs, for escalating the crisis. "
What should we think of a President who believed the lies...or didn't believe the lies and didn't do anything to stop the invasion?

That article is from Feb. 8

And election fraud is worse.

But you don't care, do you?
Absolutely everyone cares about election fraud. You on the other hand want to believe there was voter fraud.

What should we think of a President who believed the lies...or didn't believe the lies and didn't do anything to stop the invasion?

What lies did Biden believe? And if he enacted sanctions and military support before the invasion, what would be left after it had started? How would he have been able to convince other nations to act, for instance in SWIFT transactions and other measures if nothing had happened yet, a week ago?

Absolutely everyone cares about election fraud. You on the other hand want to believe there was voter fraud.
I didn't say a word about voter fraud.

What lies did Biden believe? And if he enacted sanctions and military support before the invasion, what would be left after it had started? How would he have been able to convince other nations to act, for instance in SWIFT transactions and other measures if nothing had happened yet, a week ago?
If Biden had taken effective steps BEFORE the invasion...there wouldn't BE an invasion.

If Biden's pukes can't convince other nations to deal with a problem BEFORE it becomes a problem...they are ineffective.

And election fraud is worse.

But you don't care, do you?

Huh? Election fraud? What election fraud?

It would be a better use of your time spending another 6 years looking for Obama's secret birth certificate or something. I hear you're not gonna believe what Trump's top people are finding on it!

And then after that, you should sign up for Trump U. Sure it's expensive- but hey, I hear it's better than Harvard, believe me! :ROFLMAO:

If Biden had taken effective steps BEFORE the invasion...there wouldn't BE an invasion.

If Biden's pukes can't convince other nations to deal with a problem BEFORE it becomes a problem...they are ineffective.

Well, that would have been ideal , yes , if something was potentially able to stop putin, but would you be able to specify exactly what he should have done?

I imagine that if he played all the cards in the period before the invasion began, it would not have prevented the act, and worse, there would be no options left after the invasion was underway. Also I see the options as less likely to be agreed upon among our allies if nothing had yet happened. Still, I'm asking what he should have done specifically that would have dissuaded Putin from attempting this war. Please address that.

You also have have not answered why anyone should trust trump when he so admires false statements and deception in others. Why should a person trust trump?

Because Putin is smart enough to realize to control Trump all you have to do is stroke his ego no matter how stupid and moronic you really know he is.

Also, Biden and the NATO allies realized that the sanctions that are in place now come at a high cost to our countries collectively. Do you remember the negotiations and diplomatic attempts that the Kremlin flatly rejected?

Also, Biden and the NATO allies realized that the sanctions that are in place now come at a high cost to our countries collectively. Do you remember the negotiations and diplomatic attempts that the Kremlin flatly rejected?
"negotiations and diplomatic attempts" are useless unless there's a cost for rejecting them. That's what Trump taught a lot of countries...and that's what the Biden pukes don't know how to do.

Well, that would have been ideal , yes , if something was potentially able to stop putin, but would you be able to specify exactly what he should have done?

I imagine that if he played all the cards in the period before the invasion began, it would not have prevented the act, and worse, there would be no options left after the invasion was underway. Also I see the options as less likely to be agreed upon among our allies if nothing had yet happened. Still, I'm asking what he should have done specifically that would have dissuaded Putin from attempting this war. Please address that.

There are other stories making the rounds, too, and they are even more provocative. One has it that Trump — noting that Putin seized land from Georgia when George W. Bush was president and seized the Crimean peninsula when Barack Obama was president — warned Putin against a land grab on his watch.
“If you move against Ukraine while I’m president,” Trump is said to have told the Russian leader, “I will hit Moscow.”​
Putin reportedly scoffed, “No way,” leading Trump to say, “All those beautiful golden turrets will be blown up.”​

That should answer both your questions.

You also have have not answered why anyone should trust trump when he so admires false statements and deception in others. Why should a person trust trump?
Putin didn't invade under Trump's watch.

btw, in case you are someone who likes polls...

62 percent of voters say Putin wouldn’t have invaded Ukraine if Trump were president: poll
A majority of American voters say that Russian President Vladimir Putin would not have invaded Ukraine had former President Trump still been in office, according to a new survey released on Friday.
A new Harvard Center for American Political Studies (CAPS)-Harris Poll survey released Friday found that 62 percent of those polled believed Putin would not be moving against Ukraine if Trump had been president. When looking strictly at the answers of Democrats and Republicans, 85 percent of Republicans and 38 percent of Democrats answered this way.
However, 38 percent of all Americans polled believed that Putin would have invaded Ukraine even if Trump had been president.
A majority of Americans polled — 59 percent — also said they believed that the Russian president moved on Ukraine because Putin saw weakness in President Biden, while 41 percent said that it was not a factor in Putin’s decision to invade Ukraine.

Looks like a LOT of Americans trust Trump.

"negotiations and diplomatic attempts" are useless unless there's a cost for rejecting them. That's what Trump taught a lot of countries...and that's what the Biden pukes don't know how to do.
Russia is paying a high cost.

Russia is paying a high cost.
No. The US is paying a high cost.

John Catsimatidis, the billionaire owner and CEO of New York City supermarket chain Gristedes, who is also in the oil industry, reacted to U.S. President Biden continuing to buy oil from Russian President Vladimir Putin.
Catsimatidis, who is also the CEO of United Refining, told “Cavuto: Coast to Coast,” Friday that America is “being conned,” and “lied to.”
TRENDING: Dispatch from the Gulag Archipelago -- Exclusive: Oath Keepers Founder Stewart Rhodes Calls Gateway Pundit from OK Prison (AUDIO)
“We are still buying crude oil from Putin. We are wiring him money every day from the United States and payment for crude oil going into Boston Harbor. You know, we are being lied to. We are being conned.”
President Biden said Thursday that the U.S. is working with other countries on a coordinated oil release from the global petroleum reserve in the coming days in a bid to reduce rising gasoline prices.

That should answer both your questions.

Putin didn't invade under Trump's watch.

btw, in case you are someone who likes polls...

Looks like a LOT of Americans trust Trump.

If you scoff at the NYT and WAPO then I can scoff at the NY Post . You would also have to cite or confirm that " other stories making the rounds" because neither is plausible concerning threats to blow up Moscow. That's an incredibly irresponsible thing for a president to assert, and an unsupported assertion for a discussion.

That is to say neither point answered my questions.

Why would I care about the results of a poll of people when I can't discern whether or not they are sufficiently informed to draw such a conclusion?

I must repeat the question, Please explain why a person should trust trump considering that he so greatly admires deception and lying.

Do you admire deception and lying too?

Russia is paying a much higher cost than we are.

He won't last long.
Okay. You have an opinion. Too bad you don't support your opinion.

So it goes.

If you scoff at the NYT and WAPO then I can scoff at the NY Post . You would also have to cite or confirm that " other stories making the rounds" because neither is plausible concerning threats to blow up Moscow. That's an incredibly irresponsible thing for a president to assert, and an unsupported assertion for a discussion.

That is to say neither point answered my questions.
shrug...

I presented a quote. You are free to agree with what Trump said to Putin...or not.

Your choice.

Why would I care about the results of a poll of people when I can't discern whether or not they are sufficiently informed to draw such a conclusion?
I don't care if you don't care about the results of a poll. I just presented it in case people like polls.

I generally disregard all polls, myself.

I must repeat the question, Please explain why a person should trust trump considering that he so greatly admires deception and lying.

Do you admire deception and lying too?
I don't perceive any "deception and lying" from Trump. As that quote shows...he says what he means. That...I admire.

It's too bad Biden doesn't.

Trump hasn't invaded any country...nor does he want to. But that doesn't prevent him from recognizing a successful manipulation and end run employed by Putin.

And don't make the mistake of thinking that Trump approves of what Putin is doing. He doesn't.

It's too bad the Trump haters removed Trump from Office...installed their puppet...and set up the conditions that enabled Putin to slap them around.

But in this thread you said it was a "successful manipulation and end run" . As I noted in post # 26, he lied about being peacekeepers and lied before that about whether or not he intended to start a war. Those were lies and trump called it "genius". Isn't 'manipulation' a euphemism for lying in this case? It's not what a person would claim was an example of honesty. Manipulation cannot be considered truth in international relations.

I didn't claim that trump himself told lies in this case and I'm aware that last night he stated it was wrong to start the war. I asked if he can be trusted when he continues to call a liar a "genius".

As I asked before, you didn't post a quote about threatening to bomb the golden minarets, how does that qualify as a quote by calling it "other stories making the rounds" as in post # 42

You also never specified which lies Biden believed, your post # 28.

In Post # 40 you claimed that "trump taught a lot of countries" . Which countries does that refer to?

That's why I repeat the question , why should anyone trust trump when he so much admires Putin who has obviously lied to the world about an important event?

As the Russian leader prepared to invade Ukraine, the leader of the Republican Party had only praise for Vladimir Putin.
Donald Trump has a history of supporting Putin ever since the Russian helped Trump win the 2016 Presidential election. So, it is no big surprise that Trump would have high praise for what Putin is doing as the latter prepared for a European war that could rival WWII in its severity.
“I went in yesterday and there was a television screen, and I said, ‘This is genius.’ Putin declares a big portion of the Ukraine, of Ukraine, Putin declares it as independent. Oh, that’s wonderful,” Trump said.
“So Putin is now saying, ‘It’s independent,’ a large section of Ukraine. I said, ‘How smart is that?’ And he’s going to go in and be a peacekeeper. That’s the strongest peace force. We could use that on our southern border. That’s the strongest peace force I’ve ever seen. … Here’s a guy who’s very savvy. … I know him very well. Very, very well,” Trump added.
Trump's comments were made on Tuesday. Russia invaded Ukraine the next day.
Trump's comments have been endorsed by the Republican leadership by virtue of their silence.

And now there is further evidence that Trump is the undisputed leader of the Republican Party.
The New York Post reports, "Former President Donald Trump is the overwhelming favorite for the GOP nomination in the 2024 presidential election, according to the results of a straw poll announced Sunday.
"Trump got 59 percent of the vote in a straw poll conducted at the Conservative Political Action Conference‘s meeting in Orlando, Fla., beating out Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis by 31 percentage points."
Can the Republican Party sink any lower?
The forum's Republicans will not respond to the issues contained in this report.
Republicans do not talk about what their party is doing, and they certainly don't talk about Trump.
Yet they want him as President again. They can't explain why because they are educationally challenged and completely uninformed.
1646026716245.png

Back
Top Bottom