• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why the Keystone pipeline would boost pump prices

yeah, except for the gas prices being over 20 cents more per gallon because the gas they get now has to be shipped up to them from texas refineries who sell on a global market instead of shipped down to them from canada.
Increasing the supply of a commodity in high demand is a good thing economically. It's a global market. If you can't wrap your head around that concept, nobody can help you.

In this day and age the government elites believe that EVERYTHING is their business...From the toilet you flush, to the soda you drink....What we are witness to is the transition from "soft tyranny" to full, and exposed tyranny. The question is how far will we allow it to go.

Based on recent history, I would say we are going to allow the federal govt to do anything it wants.

Based on recent history, I would say we are going to allow the federal govt to do anything it wants.

Sadly, I have to agree based on what I see today....It is not the country I grew up in anymore.

So your evidence this is not true is the effect of the pipeline that causes oil prices to rise in the midwest. Doesn't that mean the effects are true?

No it means that you are talking about an issue that folks have figured out how to move the oil around already. Your data is dated, and by your response you do not even understand the issue.

What environmentalists are trying to do is stop oil sands development in Canada and use dupes on the left to fight their battle with specious arguments that they do not understand economics or how the oil market works.

Sad really, shows how interest groups and political parties can dupe semi-informed folks who are passionate, run with dated or half-truths.

Sadly, I have to agree based on what I see today....It is not the country I grew up in anymore.

It sure as hell ain't the country I repeatedly put my ass on the line and later became disabled for, thats for damned sure.

The problem of course is that the Oil ships from Canada, travels several thousand miles across American resevoirs and croplands, and then gets refined and shipped across the world. The U.S. takes almost all the risks so that the rest of the world can get lower prices. That's not oil that's going to benefit American exlusively or even primarily. But I'd be fine with this setup if the states/companies with the pipelines would handle the infrastructure, but they usually don't. Another problem is if/when an oil spill takes place then FEDERAL DOLLARS will be used to clean up the mess. The states/corporations involved should be responsible for the cleanup, but we all know that that won't happen. It's yet another example of privatizing profits and socializing losses that we've seen year after year.

You might not be aware of this, but pipelines have a MUCH better environmental track record than boats, trucks & trains, nevermind the efficiency.

You might not be aware of this, but pipelines have a MUCH better environmental track record than boats, trucks & trains, nevermind the efficiency.

Yeah, but Buffet doesn't control any pipelines....However would Obama reward him for his selling his soul for greed in that eh?

The federal government doesn't often have to step in to clean up oil spills from boats, trucks, or trains. Efficiency of pipelines was not in any way mentioned in my post.

The federal government doesn't often have to step in to clean up oil spills from boats, trucks, or trains. Efficiency of pipelines was not in any way mentioned in my post.
How often does the federal government step in to clean up any oil spill? Have they ever?

As Canada and TransCanada Pipelines looks to its new Energy East project to reverse the flow of oil in existing pipelines and build more capacity to flow Alberta oilsands oil to Canadian east coast refineries, those objecting to the Keystone pipeline may get the worst of both worlds - you'll lose out on the $7 billion dollar pipeline project and the jobs attached as the Energy East project takes up $12 billion in new infrastructure and you'll also get to have loads of Alberta oil travelling by less safe rail through your country on the way to the Texas gulf.

Well done.

Back
Top Bottom