• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why is CRT a hot button issue and how did it become one?

I challenge you to do the impossible, namely point out which part of CRT qualifies as anti white propaganda. OK, go ahead, we are all waiting to be amazed!

CRT is supposed to prevent the resurgence of far-right Nazism, yet you think it's Marxist?

Okay. :LOL:

Oh, and while we're talking about the Institute for Social Research and Nazism, who burned whose books in the 1930s? And what was in those books?
In sociology and political philosophy, "Critical Theory" means the Western-Marxist philosophy of the Frankfurt School, developed in Germany in the 1930s and drawing on the ideas of Karl Marx and Sigmund Freud.

This is a myth propagated by political conservatives with an agenda.

Propagated by the proponents of CRT.

"Of course you are racist"

"Standardized tests have become the most effective racist weapon" Kendi

No one denies that standardized testing exist. We just deny its characterization as systemic racism.
First of all, I didn't characterize it as such, so I don't see why you quoted me to say this.

Secondly, systemic racism (to me) doesn't mean that standardized tests are, in and of themselves, racist. What it means to me, is that some groups will perform proportionally worse on those tests, due to a wide-variety of socioeconomic factors. Using the tests blindly, without acknowledging those factors, means the test has become another small barrier - essentially, they will have become the functional outcome of the systemic racism that preceded them, and in that way, have become part of the problem. That said, using a test specifically because you know that a certain group does poorly on them, would be racism to my mind, and maybe this is what "Kendi" is referring to, I don't know. Also, a standardized test can absolutely be designed poorly (by intent or not) - just throwing the word 'standard' in, doesn't, a priori, mean it is a fair test.

It is really pretty simple to me. If you take a group of people, who are disproportionately represented in crime and poverty stats, and who do relatively badly on standardized tests or whatever other 'gates' there are to economic success you have two choices:

1) Shrug and say that they have (in theory) access to everything everyone else does, so society has no responsibility for these outcomes.

2) Recognize historical (and contemporary) factors that have played a part in how we got to where we are today and ask what we can do as a society to fix this problem, moving forward. I.e. that "keep on keeping on" isn't an action plan.

Again, this isn't at the level of any given individual, and so exceptions prove nothing.

People also get active pretty quick when they wake up and realize that they are being manipulated by phony moral panics.
Care to take a whack at how many families have been destroyed by that entire Qanon "save the children" bullshit?

Here's a hint...almost ten times as many as were torn apart by the whole 1980's McMartin Preschool fueled "Ritual Satanic Sexual Abuse" nonsense, where thousands of "therapists" MANUFACTURED implanted false memories in the minds of child patients that their parents were sexually deviant monsters.
Oh you'll get no argument from me that national media nationalizes every story, and that the availability heuristic causes people to overestimate it's reach and incidence.

The same, however, is true of police shootings of black men. That doesn't make the explosion of protests we've seen around that topic "astroturf".

So now this is, according to you, lack of concern? That's pretty funny.

View attachment 67344344
:) I'm so old, I can remember all the way back to 2020 when Democrats were insisting they weren't going to get any vaccine created under Trump, and can match every panel in that cartoon with an equivalent on the left, from "The Post Office Is Going To Steal The Election" to "Bush Was Behind 9/11", and so on, and so forth.

Political actors like to whip up panic about three Other because that ties your supporters more strongly to you: it turns couch potato's into voters, and voters into donors, and donors into volunteers. It's a bipartisan failing because it works.

However, that doesn't mean that public anger is never real, or that the impact of efforts to intensify it aren't real.

Happy to: Systemic racism is not racial bigotry. It is the legacy of racial bigotry, the aftermath of it, even if that form of active racial bigotry no longer exists. Black Americans are less successful all-around because their culture was forged in the fires of legal and cultural racial bigotry, and before that legal slavery. Even after their ancestors were freed from bondage, they were legally prevented from success by white people for centuries. While that is no longer the case today, black communities are still poor. Black children are still raised by parents who never had the money for education, and grandparents who were in most cases legally prevented from getting an education. The values passed down to them in aggregate came from these people: People who were raised and learned to survive in an oppressed culture. Technically lifting that oppression on the legal books in modern times doesn't magically heal the culture and return it to parity with the culture of their historic oppressors overnight.

People whose mothers and fathers couldn't afford an education, and who come from a long line of poor uneducated parents who have few technical skills and a history of low paying manual labor jobs, have a more difficult time finding success and wealth in America regardless of race. These types of people are VASTLY overrepresented in the black community. In fact, it is almost ubiquitous. It isn't just a few unfortunate families in the neighborhood. In most cases it is everyone in the community. The reason for this is not because there is something inherently wrong with black people and not white people, it is because white people forcibly prevented their ancestors from becoming educated and working in skilled positions. These people passed down their values and traditions to their children, who grew up and did the same. No, this does not PREVENT an individual from rising above his or her origins, and plenty do and find success in America. But it makes it MORE DIFFICULT for them to do so compared to the average white person who comes from a culture that was never oppressed, and therefore in aggregate it means that black people on average are going to be less successful and commit more crimes due to their impoverished cultural upbringing. Obviously we are talking averages here. Not all black individuals fall into the average, and some black families are highly successful. But on average, black communities are much poorer than white communities and as would be expected are responsible for a disproportionate amount of crime.

In short: While it IS the culture of the black community that is to blame for the higher rates of crime and lower education, it is the fault of early white culture in America that black culture is in the state that it is in. Opponents of CRT prefer to stop at blaming black people for their own culture, and refuse to look at the larger picture and view black culture not in isolation, but as a part of a larger melting pot of American culture: one in which the black subculture was forced into poverty by the dominant white culture in the past, and the reverberations from this are still affecting the black community on EVERY LEVEL.

This is why blacks commit 52% of the murders and 54% of the robberies. Because white Americans were horribly ignorant and irresponsible in the past, forcibly imported their ancestors into a foreign country, and made a complete mess of their subsequent culture. And as part of the broad umbrella of American culture, it is ALL of our jobs to help clean up that mess.

You are making my point for me.

Bigots, Marxist and fascists support forcing CRT upon the developing minds in our education system. Nations which are hostile to the US are happy about it too. They know that it will help destroy us from within.

Oh you'll get no argument from me that national media nationalizes every story, and that the availability heuristic causes people to overestimate it's reach and incidence.

The same, however, is true of police shootings of black men. That doesn't make the explosion of protests we've seen around that topic "astroturf".

Are we talking about "police shootings of black men" or specific documented instances where specific bad cops committed crimes and denied due process?
I ask because as a former news photographer I think I've been on scene for at least three hundred shootings in my time.

I'd really like to see some documentation on specific school systems and specific errant curriculae instead of continuing to wave a big red flag about a big red amorphous thing called CRT.
Believe me, if a specific school district is promoting course materials that are clearly about making little white kids feel racked with undeserved guilt for stuff people did 160 years ago I'd take issue with that too.
So far this has felt like a seance instead. I'm being told Uncle Charlie is in the room but I've yet to see or hear him.
I am sure you won't have ANY trouble finding at least two or three teachers who are ****ups with an agenda, might take all of two seconds.

I want to see a school curriculum that sounds like KILL WHITEY!!! because so far everyone who is in an uproar over CRT makes it out to be exactly that.
Meanwhile:

Texas Dems slam education bill dropping MLK speech, history of White supremacy from 'essential knowledge'

The bill, passed on Friday in the Texas Senate by a margin of 18-4, removes language from a previous bill condemning White supremacy and the Ku Klux Klan.
Also cut by the bill, requirements that students study Civil Rights leader Martin Luther King Jr.’s "I Have A Dream" speech or about the work of labor leader Cesar Chavez and feminist Susan B. Anthony.

But I guess that's no big deal, is it?

Here's what all the uproar over CRT is...it's a big fat ****ing smokescreen so no one will see Boss Hawg and his other ten gallon douchebags turn their own school boards into
Klan excusing lynch mobs.
See, you seem to forget that I lived in Texas 2001-2012 and both my brothers lived in Texas at some point in their lives as well.

With all due respect, weak sauce.
And CRT is something a bunch of legal eagles dreamed up, not a school administrator.

CRT elephant.jpg

Last edited:
No, you haven't. You've read right-winger's partisan misrepresentation of CRT.

Its actual tenets are:
• "Race" is a social construct, with little basis in biology, and one that changes when it's convenient for the dominant group
• Racism is ordinary and considered normal, not an aberration, of most societies
• "Color blind" approaches to fixing racism can only impact the most blatant forms of discrimination
• Racism benefits the dominant group, and thus incentivizes many against fixing racism
• Because of the impact of racism, minorities often understand aspects of racism that most whites do not

You're welcome.

I am glad racists and bigots from the Jim Crow era are dying out.
But you have to understand the more this society coddles black criminals in the streets and black protestors who are not punished for burning and looting and feckless Democratic politicians who pander to Progressive race-baiters the more you will see fewer Americans sympathetic to poor black communities and the social problems.

I am so glad we have moved from the big city to a small city without race problems.
We can deal with the homeless vagrants here and the minor drug problems that we have. We see videos of black looters walking out of stores with hundreds of dollars of good pulled off the shelves and no one does anything to stop them. It's like from a different country.
And you wonder why people hold on to their stereotypes of black criminals who flout the law with impunity. And you wonder why police are reluctant to go into black neighborhoods to respond to calls for help from citizens who want more cops to deal with black criminals who are indifferent to criminal laws.
CRT is simply one more hammer being used by apologists for the blacks who are failing in schools, failing at being parents, and failing building inner city communities that obey the laws in our society. People are simply getting sick of race baiters like Al Sharpton and the idiot author of the 1619 Project explaining away the sins of a minority of blacks who give black communities a bad name.
That's what CRT is designed to cover up.

:) I'm so old, I can remember all the way back to 2020 when Democrats were insisting they weren't going to get any vaccine created under Trump, and can match every panel in that cartoon with an equivalent on the left, from "The Post Office Is Going To Steal The Election" to "Bush Was Behind 9/11", and so on, and so forth.

Political actors like to whip up panic about three Other because that ties your supporters more strongly to you: it turns couch potato's into voters, and voters into donors, and donors into volunteers. It's a bipartisan failing because it works.

However, that doesn't mean that public anger is never real, or that the impact of efforts to intensify it aren't real.

Nice try.
But it still doesn't work.
A few people made wisecracks about used car salesmen and Trump's relationship to the vaccines.
The Post Office, by the way, is screwed up.
Would you like to see the emails I've been getting the last couple of months?
Why does it take two and a half weeks to mail a DVD in a bubble envelope from Whittier CA to Ohio or Virginia?
The Bush did 9-1-1 came directly from Alex Jones, not Dems.

Are we still talking about

CRT elephant.jpg

or is this where we switch to

BLM elephant.jpg

You do realize that you can collect them all and win prizes.

Benghazi elephant scream.jpg

Watching a Fox interview without disgust or dismay is like drinking poison without barfing.

Why is FoxNews the most popular news channel on cable?
And why do channels like CNN and MSNBC have dismal ratings?

Why is FoxNews the most popular news channel on cable?

They're falling. Going over to the even more extreme "News"max and OANN.

And why do channels like CNN and MSNBC have dismal ratings?

Your side takes their marching orders from Facebook and the teevee. We don't.

First of all, I didn't characterize it as such, so I don't see why you quoted me to say this.

Secondly, systemic racism (to me) doesn't mean that standardized tests are, in and of themselves, racist. What it means to me, is that some groups will perform proportionally worse on those tests, due to a wide-variety of socioeconomic factors. Using the tests blindly, without acknowledging those factors, means the test has become another small barrier - essentially, they will have become the functional outcome of the systemic racism that preceded them, and in that way, have become part of the problem. That said, using a test specifically because you know that a certain group does poorly on them, would be racism to my mind, and maybe this is what "Kendi" is referring to, I don't know. Also, a standardized test can absolutely be designed poorly (by intent or not) - just throwing the word 'standard' in, doesn't, a priori, mean it is a fair test.

It is really pretty simple to me. If you take a group of people, who are disproportionately represented in crime and poverty stats, and who do relatively badly on standardized tests or whatever other 'gates' there are to economic success you have two choices:

1) Shrug and say that they have (in theory) access to everything everyone else does, so society has no responsibility for these outcomes.

2) Recognize historical (and contemporary) factors that have played a part in how we got to where we are today and ask what we can do as a society to fix this problem, moving forward. I.e. that "keep on keeping on" isn't an action plan.

Again, this isn't at the level of any given individual, and so exceptions prove nothing.
Let's continue to hold up the black communities as eternal victims so that Democratic politicians can continue to use willing victims against the nasty Republicans.
The Dems know when they have a captive audience of 20 million black voters who are waiting for the next round of social programs to shovel taxpayer money into black communities without accountability.

This seems to be the main problem in our major inner cities:
  • As a society we can't make black girls stop having abortions as a form of birth control.
  • We can't make black men take responsibility for the children they father and then walk away from responsibility as a parent.
  • We apparently can't make teachers unions hire better teachers for inner city schools that are failing black students by pushing them through each grade without preparing them for society. Throwing more money at a failing system does not seem to work.
  • And apparently we can't make feckless Democratic politicians in cities like Portland, Seattle, L.A., D.C., and San Francisco enforce city laws by arresting black protestors who get away looting and burning every time they don't like a justified shooting of armed black men who defy police orders or run from arrest.
So, tell us, how do we fix problems brought about by a vile system in this country that ended 150 years ago? Maybe come up with another federal holiday like Juneteenth?
Or maybe pull down more statues of historical figures who may or may not have been associated with slavery? Or maybe change street names to black historical figures who were victims some two hundred years ago?
Will that improve things for the purveyors of Critical Race Theory?

Let's continue to hold up the black communities as eternal victims so that Democratic politicians can continue to use willing victims against the nasty Republicans.
The Dems know when they have a captive audience of 20 million black voters who are waiting for the next round of social programs to shovel taxpayer money into black communities without accountability.

• As a society we can't make black girls stop having abortions as a form of birth control.
  • We can't make black men take responsibility for the children they father and then walk away from responsibility as a parent.
  • We apparently can't make teachers unions hire better teachers for inner city schools that are failing black students by pushing them through each grade without preparing them for society. Throwing more money at a failing system does not seem to work.
  • And apparently we can't make feckless Democratic politicians in cities like Portland, Seattle, L.A., D.C., and San Francisco enforce city laws by arresting black protestors who get away looting and burning every time they don't like a justified shooting of armed black men who defy police orders or run from arrest.
So, tell us, how do we fix problems brought about by a vile system in this country that ended 150 years ago? Maybe come up with another federal holiday like Juneteenth?
Or maybe pull down more statues of historical figures who may or may not have been associated with slavery? Or maybe change street names to black historical figures who were victims some two hundred years ago?
Will that improve things for the purveyors of Critical Race Theory?
Whooo boy. I'm just gonna put you down for "option 1".

Not one liberal can support the teachings of CRT based on its merits.
lol

OK, here's one. One position of CRT is that "race is a social construct, not a biological one." That's very easy to prove, as follows:

There is no biological basis for "race." Assertions about "races" typically rely on a handful of phenotypes (notably skin color and hair type, and occasionally eye shape). However, those proxies don't actually reveal any genetic information except about those particular surface qualities.

For example, DNA evidence shows that Africa is the most genetically diverse continent. In fact, the genetic differences between various African groups are greater than between Africans and Eurasians. And yet, people frequently lump all "Africans" together and (incorrectly) ascribe all sorts of allegedly "essential" characteristics to that group, even though there is no biological basis for such claims.

Biologically, it makes as little sense to lump "people with brown skin" into one race, as it does "people with hazel eyes" or "bald people" or "lactose tolerant people" into different "races."

As to the social definition, we see examples of our concept of "race" changing all the time. E.g. 100 years ago, people from Sicily were considered to be "black," because their skin was darker than many Anglo-descended Americans. Italians in the US were even subjected to Jim Crow laws, including forbidden to marry "whites;" they were barred from voting; they were occasionally lynched. Today, they are seen as "white."

Similarly, mixed race people are rarely treated as "white" by society, even though 75% or more of their ancestry is European. To wit: What "race" is this man?

Frederick+Douglass+1856.jpg

Frederick Douglas' father was white; his mother was African, probably with some Indian ancestry. Do you think he was treated as half white? Are people alive today, with the same ancestry as Douglas, treated as half white?

And yet, when it's convenient, some people claim that someone is not "black enough." One recent example is Meghan Markle, who is biracial, and black enough to be subject to racism by her in-laws, but apparently Candace Owens has no problems saying that Ms Markle isn't "black enough" to be really be subject to racism. (Of course, it's not clear how that squares with Owens' broader claim that there is no more racism, but... well, you get the idea.)

So, there ya go. One teaching of CRT, defended on its merits. You're welcome.

Yes, infantilizing and patronizing minorities is a great way to convince them that you have their backs. :rolleyes:

Back in the real world, Republicans had solid black support for decades, until the parties started to realign in the 60s when civil rights acts were passed. By 1972, Nixon was dog-whistling for white votes with the "Southern Strategy;" by the late 80s, they were pressing that button hard with the Willie Horton ads.

Here we go

What the what? There is no correlation between abortion rates and social problems. In fact, the only claims to links were by Donahue and Levitt, which claimed that increases in abortion correlated to reductions in crime, and even that was debunked a few years after it was published.

We can't. But it would also be rather absurd to ignore how racism negatively impacts black families.

We should also note that children of single parents show very little impact in terms of grades in school, or graduation rates, or teen pregnancy rates, or crime rates.

Oh, and as a reminder: Teen pregnancy rates have fallen significantly in recent years. Among blacks, it's dropped in half since 2006. And that's not exclusively happening in areas that emphasize "abstinence only" education or areas that elect Republicans. Seems like someone is doing something right, yes?

• We apparently can't make teachers unions hire better teachers for inner city schools that are failing black students by pushing them through each grade without preparing them for society.
We could, if we really wanted to do so. The problem there is that we don't pay teachers enough. I might add, conservatives and Republicans lose their damned minds any time that teachers ask for better pay. Hmmmm.

• Throwing more money at a failing system does not seem to work.
Hey, you wanna know what works? Integrating schools. Funny how we don't see a lot of Republicans pushing for that policy.

Y'know, it's funny how crime rates in cities run by those "feckless Democratic politicians" fell for DECADES. Crime rates peaked around 1991, and fell almost every year since, and are back to where the were in the 60s. But hey, those cities are run by Democrats! Therefore they only deserve the blame for small upticks in selected crimes, and deserve none of the credit for falling crime rates. Amirite?

So, tell us, how do we fix problems brought about by a vile system in this country that ended 150 years ago?
Hello? Did you forget the 100 years of state-enforced segregation that followed the Civil War? And the racism that continued even after the civil rights acts were passed in the 60s?

Tell us all, when exactly did racism end in the US? I really wanna know.

Maybe come up with another federal holiday like Juneteenth...? Will that improve things for the purveyors of Critical Race Theory?
Yeah, got a little news for you. Those types of things are indicators that white Americans are slowly accepting that racism is still real, and still causing an impact, in America. And you can't fix a problem if you aren't aware of, or accept the existence of, the problem in the first place.

If you really want to know what the proponents of CRT think will fix things, maybe you should... wait for it... read and listen to what they have to say. Not the caricatures by racist whites who don't want schools to teach their kids about the history of racism in America, but the actual proponents themselves. What a concept.

I am glad racists and bigots from the Jim Crow era are dying out.
But you have to understand the more this society coddles black criminals in the streets and black protestors who are not punished for burning and looting and feckless Democratic politicians who pander to Progressive race-baiters the more you will see fewer Americans sympathetic to poor black communities and the social problems.
Then why did crime rates drop for decades in those cities run by "feckless Democratic politicians?"

I am so glad we have moved from the big city to a small city without race problems.
Without race problems? Or without black people? :unsure:

We can deal with the homeless vagrants here and the minor drug problems that we have.
Funny how white communities in Appalachia can't do the same. Anyway...

We see videos of black looters walking out of stores with hundreds of dollars of good pulled off the shelves and no one does anything to stop them. It's like from a different country.
Oh, good grief.

First of all, very few stores actually were damaged and looted last year. The press loves to show that kind of thing, because it's so dramatic. You wouldn't know from watching the footage that almost nothing was actually damaged.

To continue, guess what? Brutal police tactics were a major factor in those violent turns. Police should be de-escalating protests, but largely because they were the target of the protests, decided to crack heads instead -- actions that only make things worse.

And you wonder why people hold on to their stereotypes of black criminals who flout the law with impunity.
No, I don't wonder. It's because the right-wing finds it politically useful to caricature blacks as "they're all criminals."

And you wonder why police are reluctant to go into black neighborhoods to respond to calls for help from citizens who want more cops to deal with black criminals who are indifferent to criminal laws.
No, I don't wonder that either. Police are just as racist as the rest of society. Or perhaps you don't think there are any high-crime white neighborhoods where police officers don't enjoy working?

CRT is simply one more hammer being used by apologists for the blacks who are failing in schools....
I have a feeling you don't know jack shit about CRT.

I also suspect that the hysteria over CRT is going to backfire, because it's obvious that its panicked detractors don't know what it is either; and at least some people will now look into it, to see what all the fuss is about -- and will actually agree with what it teaches.

Then why did crime rates drop for decades in those cities run by "feckless Democratic politicians?"

Oh, good grief.

First of all, very few stores actually were damaged and looted last year. The press loves to show that kind of thing, because it's so dramatic. You wouldn't know from watching the footage that almost nothing was actually damaged.

To continue, guess what? Brutal police tactics were a major factor in those violent turns. Police should be de-escalating protests, but largely because they were the target of the protests, decided to crack heads instead -- actions that only make things worse.

No, I don't wonder. It's because the right-wing finds it politically useful to caricature blacks as "they're all criminals."

No, I don't wonder that either. Police are just as racist as the rest of society. Or perhaps you don't think there are any high-crime white neighborhoods where police officers don't enjoy working?

I also suspect that the hysteria over CRT is going to backfire, because it's obvious that its panicked detractors don't know what it is either; and at least some people will now look into it, to see what all the fuss is about -- and will actually agree with what it teaches.

I have a feeling you don't know jackshit about cities that are going to wake up and realize they need to hire a lot more cops and start finding those criminals with guns; lock them up; try them for violent crimes;; and then keep them in jail to do something about the 87 percent recidivism rate in crime-ridden cities.
Keep apologizing for the black and brown criminals who know that fewer cops and feckless city managers are going to provide a revolving door for criminals arrested and then released. The pendulum is swinging back to tougher police tactics.
You're going to learn that BLM terrorists, CRT zealots, and fools who believe the 1619 Project bullshit are going to be opposed by cities that are waking up to the crime waves in big cities.
"Just you wait, Mr Apologist, just you wait."
I don't know what color you are but I have a feeling the color of one's skin is all that matters to you.

Oh, good grief.

"I also suspect that the hysteria over CRT is going to backfire, because it's obvious that its panicked detractors don't know what it is either; and at least some people will now look into it, to see what all the fuss is about -- and will actually agree with what it teaches."

And my opinion is, and I know you want to read it, is that if white or yellow or brown people agree with the tenets of CRT, then they are either stupid or carry around so much white guilt, they have no choice but to listen to bullshit CRT propaganda.

Oh, good grief.

Visbek,
I'd love to see a video of you at one of the PTA meetings where you defend your bullshit CRT tenets to parents not wanting their kids to be indoctrinated to CRT racism.

BTW, I do like your avatar of the Emperor Hadrian. But you have to know that he enslaved his enemies and did nothing to free slaves in the Roman Empire.
I guess no one like you was there to tell him about the dangers of slavery to future generations of Progressives who wanted to hate the Romans and what they stood for.
He could have used a heavy dose of CRT indoctrination from you.

Like most Romans, Hadrian seems to have accepted slavery as morally correct, an expression of the same natural order that rewarded "the best men" with wealth, power and respect. When confronted by a crowd demanding the freeing of a popular slave charioteer, Hadrian replied that he could not free a slave belonging to another person.[214] However, he limited the punishments that slaves could suffer; they could be lawfully tortured to provide evidence, but they could not be lawfully killed unless guilty of a capital offence.

Nice try.
But it still doesn't work.
A few people made wisecracks about used car salesmen and Trump's relationship to the vaccines.
The Post Office, by the way, is screwed up.
Would you like to see the emails I've been getting the last couple of months?
Why does it take two and a half weeks to mail a DVD in a bubble envelope from Whittier CA to Ohio or Virginia?
The Bush did 9-1-1 came directly from Alex Jones, not Dems.

:) Michael Moore didn't get invited to sit next to a former Republican President at the GOP's national convention - he got invited to sit next to Jimmy Carter at the DNC. At one point more than half of Democrats were some variant of 9/11 Truthers. The Post Office taking a long time to mail a DVD is not the "The Post Office Is Gonna Steal The Election" conspiracy mongering that went on (which is of a piece with the "Russia Stole The Election!" of 2016, "Diebold Stole The Election!" of 2004, "SCOTUS Stole The Election!" of 2000, etc so on and so forth - it's been almost 30 years since Democrats have lost a Presidential election where they didn't engage in conspiracy mongering as a response), and the people undercutting public confidence in the vaccine weren't "a few people making wisecracks", it was Andrew Cuomo in his capacity as Governor, Kamala Harris while running for Vice President, etc.

Remember back when Biden claimed Mitt Romney was going to put black people back in chains? Yeah, good times. Hyperbolic hysteria is bipartisan because it whips up the base (who has been trained to fear the other side) and ties them to you - it works. :( And that failing is on no one but us, the American people, for rewarding that kind of behavior.

Are we still talking about

View attachment 67344382

Sure - you were claiming that it was astroturf, and I was pointing out that the angry PTA meetings, etc., were, in fact, organic, and that this is a pretty serious danger to the Democratic Party. Think "Defund The Police", but now targeting suburban children.

Want to help the GOP put Trump in the rear view mirror and win back Suburban moms? This is probably one of the best ways to do it.

:) Michael Moore didn't get invited to sit next to a former Republican President at the GOP's national convention - he got invited to sit next to Jimmy Carter at the DNC. At one point more than half of Democrats were some variant of 9/11 Truthers. The Post Office taking a long time to mail a DVD is not the "The Post Office Is Gonna Steal The Election" conspiracy mongering that went on (which is of a piece with the "Russia Stole The Election!" of 2016, "Diebold Stole The Election!" of 2004, "SCOTUS Stole The Election!" of 2000, etc so on and so forth - it's been almost 30 years since Democrats have lost a Presidential election where they didn't engage in conspiracy mongering as a response), and the people undercutting public confidence in the vaccine weren't "a few people making wisecracks", it was Andrew Cuomo in his capacity as Governor, Kamala Harris while running for Vice President, etc.
SNIPPED for 5000 char limit

What CRT is:

The core idea is that race is a social construct, and that racism is not merely the product of individual bias or prejudice, but also something embedded in legal systems and policies.
For example, in the Thirties, state and local government officials literally drew red lines around areas deemed poor financial risks, based on the racial composition of the area.
Banks refused to offer mortgages to black people in those areas.
During the 1930s, federal programs such as the Home Owners’ Loan Corporation (created in 1933) and the Federal Housing Administration (created in 1934) were established to encourage widespread home ownership and suburban development by making home loans and mortgages affordable. However, neighbourhoods that were mixed-race or predominantly African American did not benefit from those programs, because their credit was considered high-risk.

Many of these practices were ruled illegal so instead, some communities switched to including such policies in homeowner association covenants, which were coordinated region-wide.
Example: Interstate 30 in Dallas-Fort Worth has long been a racial color line. In the past, black home ownership was restricted to towns South of I-30.

Example:

Example:
During the 1930s, federal programs such as the Home Owners’ Loan Corporation (created in 1933) and the Federal Housing Administration (created in 1934) were established to encourage widespread home ownership and suburban development by making home loans and mortgages affordable. However, neighbourhoods that were mixed-race or predominantly African American did not benefit from those programs, because their credit was considered high-risk.

What CRT is NOT:
HATE WHITEY, KILL WHITEY, MAKE WHITE CHILDREN FEEL GUILTY.

And what's your response? To continue making veiled threats about GOP willingness to dump billions into further propaganda campaigns to rile up PTA parents.
Well, thank you Captain Obvious. Maybe I was raised to view that as lying.
PS: Did you forget that Diebold came under fire for a letter that Diebold CEO Walden O'Dell wrote as a fundraising pitch to Republicans.
In the letter, O'Dell said he was "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president."

Oh but it's all in our imaginations, right.
Look @cpwill, just adding more and more stuff to bury your weak to nonexistent attacks on critical race theory as some kind of fifth column marxist attempt to make white children hate themselves is your choice.
I choose to see what you're doing as the gateway drug to gish galloping.

But I do acknowledge your warning about wealthy Republicans and their willingness to LIE and put money behind those lies in order to scare the crap out of their bigoted white constituents and reinforce their victimhood. I am just floored that you don't see that as wrong.

You are making my point for me.
Uncomfortable history is still history and should not be sanitized because white people are embarrassed by it.

Back
Top Bottom