• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why I am voting for Elon to get paid

I am a long-term investor. I am not a trader.
Which means you're only part of the equation.

People who bought it LONG TERM when is was $400/share are down $250/share.

Where was the EV market before Elon took over Tesla?

"affordable" is the key word you used and he hasn't achieved that despite him claiming he was going to. I can already get a Volkswagen ID Buzz for cheaper than most Tesla's.

On a scale of 1-10, in inches, how deep would you let Elon put his boot down your throat?
Shouldn’t you be in favor of the OP choosing to fairly compensate his employee, rather than expecting him to work for free?

Shouldn’t you be in favour of the OP choosing to fairly compensate his employee, rather than expecting him to work for free?

Who's arguing Musk should work for free?

Who's arguing Musk should work for free?
The shareholder who sued and the lunatic judge who ordered Musk to return his entire compensation for the last ~5 years.

The shareholder who sued and the lunatic judge who ordered Musk to return his entire compensation for the last ~5 years.

Yes, so he can get paid a normal and sane amount of money like everyone else on earth.

Nobody is worth $56B for a year I don't care how much of a genius his fans think he is.

Yes, so he can get paid a normal and sane amount of money like everyone else on earth.

Nobody is worth $56B for a year I don't care how much of a genius his fans think he is.
Musk wasn’t being paid “$56B for a year”. His compensation consisted solely of stock options that would enrich him only if Tesla met certain valuation goals. They met and exceeded those goals, increasing their market cap by over a trillion dollars at one point (the company was worth ~$50B when the agreement was made). The only reason his compensation skyrocketed was because he was being paid in equity and the company’s value skyrocketed.

There’s a reason most of Tesla’s institutional investors supported (and continue to support) Musk’s compensation plan. It’s not because they care about EVs, going to Mars, free speech on the internet, or whatever else Musk’s “fans” in the genera public like him for. It’s because, as a simple business matter, he made them an enormous amount of money and they expect him to continue doing so (even with all the political noise, which I’m sure they’d prefer not be a factor).

For years Elon was the darling of the left, then he became a free speech advocate. Now he's hated as much as the orange man by the libs. Tells you all you need to now about them. :LOL:
He’s not a free speech advocate, he’s just a salesman. He figured out a way to sell more EV’s to conservatives. That was his plan all along.

Musk wasn’t being paid “$56B for a year”. His compensation consisted solely of stock options that would enrich him only if Tesla met certain valuation goals. They met and exceeded those goals, increasing their market cap by over a trillion dollars at one point (the company was worth ~$50B when the agreement was made). The only reason his compensation skyrocketed was because he was being paid in equity and the company’s value skyrocketed.

There’s a reason most of Tesla’s institutional investors supported (and continue to support) Musk’s compensation plan. It’s not because they care about EVs, going to Mars, free speech on the internet, or whatever else Musk’s “fans” in the genera public like him for. It’s because, as a simple business matter, he made them an enormous amount of money and they expect him to continue doing so (even with all the political noise, which I’m sure they’d prefer not be a factor).

The amount is insane for any amount of time.

Nobody is worth that.

He’s not a free speech advocate, he’s just a salesman. He figured out a way to sell more EV’s to conservatives. That was his plan all along.

He showed his true nature when he started banning people he didn't like.

They didn't say he should work for free; they argued (and the judge agreed) there wasn't a substantive review/evaluation among shareholders as to what would be a fair compensation package, based on performance.

Especially given Tesla's performance in 2024, I think a package for someone who is demonstrably unstable and injuring their brand should be reevaluated.

Wrong.

Tesla's board is asking shareholders to approve $56 billion in compensation for Elon Musk.

As a long-term shareholder of Tesla who bought the stock for under $20, I am voting 'yes' for Elon Musk to get compensated for his work.

If Elon leaves the company, Tesla might go bankrupt. It is a real possibility.

Fundamentally, we are at a fork in the road for Tesla shareholders. You can choose Elon as the CEO of Tesla or not. If you don't want Elon as CEO, you can vote 'no,' hire a CEO that focuses on advertising to sell more Tesla EVs and create crappy cars.

I am voting for Elon because he is mission-critical to Tesla's success and humanity.

Listen, I don't care about or know the price of Tesla's stock today or last week. I am a long-term shareholder. What I do know is that, because of Musk, Tesla has single-handedly pushed forward the electric vehicle industry. Because of Musk/Telsa, we have EVs priced competitively with gas cars.

The long-term story of Tesla is not that of a car company but self-driving, the robotaxi network. AI and Robotics.

Tesla has the technology and data to make a robotaxi work, and it can do it cost-efficiently. This will not only remove the worst drivers from the road but dramatically clean our air.

I am voting for Elon.

I am sorry you feel that way.

Musk does not deserve to be paid.

They didn't say he should work for free; they argued (and the judge agreed) there wasn't a substantive review/evaluation among shareholders as to what would be a fair compensation package, based on performance.

Especially given Tesla's performance in 2024, I think a package for someone who is demonstrably unstable and injuring their brand should be reevaluated.

Basing a stock's performance in one year is short-sighted and silly. Just ask Warren Buffett.

Let's zoom out and look at what Tesla has done in the past 5 years or the past decade.

I am sorry you feel that way.

Musk does not deserve to be paid.

Essentially, you are saying that if a CEO delivers outsized gains, he should not be paid for that performance.

Very undemocratic. Very anti-capitalism.

And if he gets voted for the compensation package, he deserves it.

To @Bucky:
Here is where Elon Musk's mind is really at, he's not even interested in cars anymore.
He thinks the world can't wait to start buying personal robots.

Elon is right.

And the money clearly says there is a big market for robots:

Figure AI, a startup working to build humanoid robots that can perform dangerous and undesirable jobs, just got a big vote of confidence from some of the largest names in artificial intelligence.

The company said Thursday that it raised $675 million at a $2.6 billion valuation from investors including Jeff Bezos, Nvidia, and Microsoft.

Founded in 2022, Figure AI has developed a general-purpose robot, called Figure 01, that looks and moves like a human. The company sees its robots being put to use in manufacturing, shipping and logistics, warehousing, and retail, “where labor shortages are the most severe,” though its machines aren’t intended for military or defense applications.

What Elon thinks is reflected in an AI startup that raised millions recently from the top tech companies in the world.

The issue for Tesla and Elon Musk has become political, so it can no longer be discussed rationally or objectively.

Tesla's stock price has been up over 12,000% since its IPO. That is not an opinion; that is a fact. You cannot dispute that.

I can show you Tesla's revenue growth over the past decade, but since the issue has entered the political spectrum, facts no longer matter to these people. The stock could be x10 from here, and these people would complain that Elon is still a failure. Again, facts do not matter to these people:

YearRevenue (USD Billion)
202031.50 (estimated)
201924.60 (estimated)
201821.40 (estimated)
201711.76 (estimated)
20167.00 (estimated)

I don't even care about Telsa's stock price. I am looking at how the company is performing fundamentally, and despite an EV winter and slow Macrp picture, the company is still performing quite well.

"affordable" is the key word you used and he hasn't achieved that despite him claiming he was going to. I can already get a Volkswagen ID Buzz for cheaper than most Tesla's.

• $42,990 for a new Model Y
The 2025 Volkswagen ID. Buzz is expected to have a starting price of around $50,000, with the entry-level model starting at around $45,000 and the all-wheel drive version starting at around $50,000. The ID. Buzz is an electric van expected to go on sale in the U.S. in 2024.

LOL.

And how many Buzz's have been sold in the United States?

ZERO.

The issue for Tesla and Elon Musk has become political, so it can no longer be discussed rationally or objectively.
Of course. No rational person doubts that this judgment would never have been issued had Musk stayed out of politics. It’s pointless to debate the matter with people who 1. know nothing about business and 2. hate Musk for reasons that have nothing to do with his management of Tesla.

Back
Top Bottom