• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do People Reject Christ?

I didn't say you do. I said you invited other Christians to do so. And don't pretend you're unaware of that phenomenon ... you've been here five years.
I have never done that...why would I when it is something I don't believe is true?

The problem is not hating Jesus, but hating his Father. People think they are supposed to read the Bible from front to back, so the first things they learn are how angry the Creator got by kicking Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden, putting Sodom on fire, the Great Flood destroying all kinds of living things, the ten plagues of Egypt, and Commandments they choose not to like (such as"You shall not commit adultery). They also learn God sends everybody who does not love Him at the time of death to hell. So they refuse to believe God is love and decide not to worship Him before reading the first thing about Jesus being God in human form, sent down from heaven to do the most loving act of all and defeat the second death.

We are here of our own free will, are we not? We even have the prerogative of physically ignoring posters who rub us the wrong way or the choice of walking away...so who is cramming?
You can always put ME on Iggy. I'll consider it a badge of honor if you do.
A Buddhist take- 'There's a finger pointing at the moon and you're looking at the finger.'

The moment I see one of those holy fingers pop up my mind closes tighter than a bank safe.
1685583713545.png
1685583906937.png

Can speak only for myself: It just never rang true to me. The concept of a "god" that "always was" and decided to create everything one day. To me that's just silly, my mind won't accept that.

Who told you God created everything in one day? That is not Biblical.

If there was no infinite, supernatural God, how could anything exist? We all know it is scientifically impossible to create something out of nothing, so if there is no God, there can't be anything else.

Why do you reject Odin? Hope you don't live near the ocean....
Odin would absolutely destroy @Daisy’s God. I wish she would consider upgrading to a real religion, particularly one with great cinematic universe potential. But, some people drink Coors because it’s all they know. Even the crappy religions have their faithful.

What Solomon said is so true..."there is nothing new under the sun"...Satan's tactics he used hundreds of years still work today...

https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2016/03/mans-greatest-temptation.html
Reject Christ? Could you be a bit more specific?

Reject him... as the messiah and as a god? I'll go with that.

For maybe most people on the planet, he is just the wrong god. Or is not he son of god, or the messiah. A fake god. A false prophet, even. Because Jesus has stiffer competition, where these people were born. Same reason Jesus beat out the competition for you, ultimately.

That's the full, correct answer to your question, by any measure that can be taken.

Reject Christ? Could you be a bit more specific?

Reject him... as the messiah and as a god? I'll go with that.

For maybe most people on the planet, he is just the wrong god. Or is not he son of god, or the messiah. A fake god. A false prophet, even. Because he has stiffer competition, where these people were born. Same reason Jesus beat out the competition for you, ultimately.
I reject him because of the hair.

Seriously, dude, get a haircut.

Looking at the finger. All those guys want you to look at their finger.
It's a different finger that's pointing at the moon. It wants you to look at the moon, not the finger.

You didn't see any Buddhists in my little photo strip for a reason ;)
Also, Buddhists have Annie. :LOL:

Oh my Buddha.jpg

In addition to the majority of the planet that simply rejects Jesus's magical god status because they favor the competition, in that regard...

A lot of people simply don't buy into any mythology at all. To them, "Rejecting Christ" requires no more time and effort and carries no more weight than does rejecting flying unicorns, or leprechauns, or Icarus.

Because Christianity, like many other religions, is a mix of good ideas, bad ideas, and parochial stuff that doesn't translate well to the modern era.

I have no problem with people who want to be Christian if it makes them happy and they think it helps them live a better life. But as for me, it's not obvious that Christianity is superior to other belief systems, so I don't see any reason to shackle myself to it.

I reject him because of the hair.

Seriously, dude, get a haircut.
th

But now it will just grow back, because he is a zombie. Right? Or is that just vampires?
This is a great question.

Hey @Daisy, in your mythology does Jesus need to get regular haircuts, or is he more of the zombie-style resurrected?

Back
Top Bottom