• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do People Reject Christ?

Daisy

"Make sure of the more important things."
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
What Solomon said is so true..."there is nothing new under the sun"...Satan's tactics he used hundreds of years still work today...

Unbelief kept the Israelites from the Promised Land (Hebrews 3:18-19) and caused them to:

1. Worship other Gods.
2. Behave immorally.
3. Test God.
4. Complain against God.
(1 Corinthians 10:1-11)

Modern unbelievers exhibit similar characteristics:
1. Worshiping other gods - money being one possibility.
2. Defining morality apart from God.
3. Refusing to believe in God or what He says.
4. Blaming God for evil in the world!

These characteristics flow from unbelief - doubting there's a God or doubting He means what He says (just like Eve).
https://biblelovenotes.blogspot.com/2016/03/mans-greatest-temptation.html

What Solomon said is so true..."there is nothing new under the sun"...Satan's tactics he used hundreds of years still work today...

Why wouldn't people?

The religion named after him is petty and immoral with blood on its hands.

Jesus, the man, may have existed but christ the son of God, who performed miracles is pure fiction.

It's a bunch of idiotic and illogical iron age fiction designed to control people, often for nefarious purposes.

The right thing to do, the moral thing, is to reject it.

Can speak only for myself:
It just never rang true to me. The concept of a "god" that "always was" and decided to create everything one day. To me thats just silly, my mind won't accept that.

I reject Christ because he was just a well-intentioned dude who was deluded in thinking he was the son of God.

If someone smites me, I'm going to smite them right back. Anything else is rewarding bullies. You can do that if you like, but to me it seems immoral.

"I love your Christ, but your Christians are so unlike him."

Mahatma Gandhi
Do you think there is no one in this world who tries their very best each and every day to follow in Jesus' footsteps? No one?

I reject Christ because he was just a well-intentioned dude who was deluded in thinking he was the son of God.

If someone smites me, I'm going to smite them right back. Anything else is rewarding bullies. You can do that if you like, but to me it seems immoral.
Is that not what the so called Christians have done in the past that many today object to, attempting to eliminate those who thought/acted differently than they did?

All the people I've met that were "christlike" weren't Christian. They were mostly athiests.
So, you rule out the possibility?

Why do some people not allow their minor children to receive life saving blood transfusions, then sit back and watch those helpless children suffer massively and die needlessly?

Why wouldn't people?

The religion named after him is petty and immoral with blood on its hands.

Jesus, the man, may have existed but christ the son of God, who performed miracles is pure fiction.

It's a bunch of idiotic and illogical iron age fiction designed to control people, often for nefarious purposes.

The right thing to do, the moral thing, is to reject it.
Wow! I couldn't disagree with you more.

I don't believe in virgin birth. I don't believe in the resurrection of dead people. I don't believe in any of those miracle stories attributed to him in between.

Do you think there is no one in this world who tries their very best each and every day to follow in Jesus' footsteps? No one?

I know plenty of Christians who indeed do their best, but the one thing that they don't do is cram their beliefs down the throats of others with vindictive sounding judgmental posts.
They don't need to. Their faith walk sells itself.
Clanging cymbals never understand.

Is that not what the so called Christians have done in the past that many today object to, attempting to eliminate those who thought/acted differently than they did?

What? You asked why "people" reject Christ, and I told you why I reject Christ.

Oh I see. You're not that interested in why THE ACTUAL PEOPLE reject Christ. You're calling out for other Christians to condemn them, threaten them with hellfire, etc.

Same old.

Why do some people not allow their minor children to receive life saving blood transfusions, and sit back and watch those children suffer and die needlessly?
Because they have a different view on medical care. Why to some people allow children to be mutilated for the sake of trans gender affirmation. Men can't be girls and those who think otherwise are suffering from the same thing bad thinking.

It's no more rejecting Christ than it is rejecting Sauron.

Modern unbelievers exhibit similar characteristics:
1. Worshiping other gods - money being one possibility.

... or maybe Donald Trump?

That would certainly explain why the American Evangelical community can largely be considered "atheist" by that definition.

JM6AU3N5SBFCBCDI552X6ZR5EE.JPG

What? You asked why "people" reject Christ, and I told you why I reject Christ.

Oh I see. You're not that interested in why THE ACTUAL PEOPLE reject Christ. You're calling out for other Christians to condemn them, threaten them with hellfire, etc.

Same old.
Have you ever seen me do that?

I know plenty of Christians who indeed do their best, but the one thing that they don't do is cram their beliefs down the throats of others with vindictive sounding judgmental posts.
They don't need to. Their faith walk sells itself.
Clanging cymbals never understand.
We are here of our own free will, are we not? We even have the prerogative of physically ignoring posters who rub us the wrong way or the choice of walking away...so who is cramming?

Did you learn/embrace/start practicing this 👇 by studying/following/adhering to the teachings of Christ?

Elora said:
I have absolutely no sympathy for anyone who chooses to leave Jehovah...

I didn't say you do. I said you invited other Christians to do so. And don't pretend you're unaware of that phenomenon ... you've been here five years.

Back
Top Bottom