• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Do Many Value The Life Of The US Unborn Over A Foreign Born Child?

Read my previous post.

By the same token, how can dems believe in gun control because guns are only designed to kill when some dems also believe in abortion on demand? (Hey, I can be rhetorical, too).

I don't believe a fetus is a child-hence fetus(no i am not for late term abortion)
Upon reviewing that...you made no point
How can people be "pro gun" and "anti abortion" since guns "kill people"
Not that i believe in that view point

Last edited:
I don't believe a fetus is a child-hence fetus(no i am not for late term abortion)

I'm getting tired of this. Read my post... I posted that some dems who believe in gun control because guns are designed only to kill also believe in abortion on demand... Late term abortion... Where the fetus is clearly more human..

I didn't even infer you did. I thank you, at least, for your distinction between early abortions and late term abortions.

Any death is tragic, even a mosquito's, but that doesn't make them all equal.

It just seems odd that you would immediately follow up the statement that 'a foreign child's death is tragic' with 'just like the death of an enemy combatant.' My POINT is that a foreign child is innocent, just like the unborn child. And yet, pro-lifers scream murderer to the abortion doctor while simultaneously giving praise to the soldier who drops a bomb on an Afghan neighborhood.

That's what I've been doing all along.

Have you spoken out against the airstrikes/drone strikes that have killed foreign children as much as you have spoken out against abortions?

It's impossible to fight a war without it, and we've been using technology to make it more and more rare. Are you saying that war is unnecessary, even in self defense? Should we have no military at all?

War is as necessary as abortions.

But pro-choicers don't yap about the so-called sanctity of life or the pwecious widdle baybees.

Being pro-life, I am not here to defend the pro-choice side.

There is a difference between intentional and unintentional, you do realize that right?

Intentional killing is murder. Unintentional killing is manslaughter. Both are horrible crimes.

By the same token, how can dems believe in gun control because guns are only designed to kill when some dems also believe in abortion on demand? (Hey, I can be rhetorical, too).

Idk, I am pro-gun rights.

Leave the personal insults out of this thread please.

Of course they state I'm wrong. Doesn't make it true.

Please show me where I called pro-lifers liars (I am pro-life myself).

WTF?

You just called us all liars in your very post.

Being pro-life, I am not here to defend the pro-choice side.

Ah, so you're yet another one without a uterus who wants to dictate what those of us with one can or cannot do with the contents of it.

WTF?

You just called us all liars in your very post.

No, I did not. I said that many of the posters are in denial, but that is not the same as accusing someone of lying.

Ah, so you're yet another one without a uterus who wants to dictate what those of us with one can or cannot do with the contents of it.

I'm an anarchist. Dictating is not part of my agenda. :roll:

“Dictate” is such a divisive word, and I don’t see where you got that from his saying, “Being pro-life, I am not here to defend the pro-choice side.”

But it’s not about who has a uterus and who doesn’t. I’m pretty sure those who they all understand that possession is nine points of the law.

I appreciate the fact that since I don’t live a male’s reproductive life, I don’t fully understand it. Men can’t understand a female’s reproductive reality the way that any woman theoretically can either. But if men aren’t allowed to have an opinion (or if when they express it, they're called "dictators" or "misogynists), why should a woman who has never been pregnant or given birth be allowed to have an opinion either? I mean, really, if you want to be silly....

What’s being forgotten is that in addition to those equipped with a uterus and those who aren’t, there is another human life, that newly created life. Somebody needs to be speaking for that life, the one innocent life whose only crime was being conceived.

“Dictate” is such a divisive word, and I don’t see where you got that from his saying, “Being pro-life, I am not here to defend the pro-choice side.”

But it’s not about who has a uterus and who doesn’t. I’m pretty sure those who they all understand that possession is nine points of the law.

I appreciate the fact that since I don’t live a male’s reproductive life, I don’t fully understand it. Men can’t understand a female’s reproductive reality the way that any woman theoretically can either. But if men aren’t allowed to have an opinion (or if when they express it, they're called "dictators" or "misogynists), why should a woman who has never been pregnant or given birth be allowed to have an opinion either? I mean, really, if you want to be silly....

What’s being forgotten is that in addition to those equipped with a uterus and those who aren’t, there is another human life, that newly created life. Somebody needs to be speaking for that life, the one innocent life whose only crime was being conceived.

If he is for abortion being illegal, then he wants to dictate.

It's very easy to be against abortion when one will never, ever be pregnant. I never said they couldn't have an opinion and I challenge you to produce where you think I did.

I have never insulted you, so please don't do it to me by calling me silly. And don't assume what I have or have not experienced.

There is a difference between intentional and unintentional, you do realize that right?

Abortion is the intentional removal of the embryo or fetus from the born person's body: it is not an intentional killing of a born person. The notion that abortion is murder or manslaughter comes from not paying attention to the fact that the person who has the abortion and the doctor performing one do not believe that an embryo or fetus is a person, and they are supported in this belief by the fact that embryos and fetuses do not have legal personhood.

However, bombing in an urban area is an intentional killing of born persons in the area bombed, even if it is only a single building, bombed at night, when only custodial and security personnel are there. All the people killed therefore are acknowledged beforehand to be persons.

Furthermore, if one were to believe the embryo or fetus was a person, the evidence of pregnancy without consent is evidence that a person is inside and in some measure harming another person against that person's will. But in bombing during war, there are always some born persons who are killed of whom there is not a shred of evidence of violating some other person's body against that person's will.

You have no evidence to support the claim that the embryo or fetus before viability is another human life, because it lives inside and attached to the woman's body and it dies if she does, which is evidence of its being part of her body, as all parts of her body die if she does. If there were a genuinely other human life there, it would not die just because she did.

If he is for abortion being illegal, then he wants to dictate.

It's very easy to be against abortion when one will never, ever be pregnant. I never said they couldn't have an opinion and I challenge you to produce where you think I did.

I have never insulted you, so please don't do it to me by calling me silly. And don't assume what I have or have not experienced.

In one sense, you are wrong. Having reached a point in development where there is no way a man could ever make me pregnant, I am still pro-choice. The main objection to be made about the pro-life position is that it is based on lack of imaginative empathy. Even many an 18 year old girl who has not become pregnant can lack it, saying to herself, "Oh, I'll never be raped, Oh, my birth control will always work, and Oh, I'd never abort a pregnancy because I truly believe that the embryo is a person," until unwanted pregnancy actually happens to her. Even then, she might make an exception for herself and try to rationalize in her own mind why it's okay for her to have an abortion but demonstrate and vote against the right to choose.

pro-lifers scream murderer to the abortion doctor while simultaneously giving praise to the soldier who drops a bomb on an Afghan neighborhood.
Are you surprised that some people have politics that differ from yours?

Have you spoken out against the airstrikes/drone strikes that have killed foreign children as much as you have spoken out against abortions?
No.

War is as necessary as abortions.
It depends on which war and which abortion.

You mean Obama joined the Republican Party?

Informally in some ways, yes.

1. So-called "Obamacare" was not what Obama claimed to want - he wanted mandatory health insurance, private or public, with an optional non-profit national or state health insurance made available to those who could not afford private health insurance or did not want to patronize the private health insurance industry, plus serious investigation into the outrageous pricing in the health care industry, elimination of fraud there, and measures to lower the pricing.

If US citizens were allowed to purchase their prescription medicines from Canada and hospitals and clinics were allowed to purchase from medical supply companies in Canada, and if the government forced the states to have counties investigate and stop health care cost fraud, that, together with preference by huge numbers of people for non-profit public health insurance would drive down the cost of health care and health insurance to reasonable levels.

But the stupid extreme lefties like Pelosi insisted on health insurance coverage that was very extensive, and the stupid righties, most of the Republicans in the House, claimed that private insurance companies would suffer, and stupids across the political range wanted to support the US pharmaceutical companies, so we ended up with a horrible Health Care Act.

2. Obama as a state senator and a US senator was very opposed to the war in Iraq, yet when he got into office, he let it go on until the point for pullout that Bush, Jr., had stipulated instead of ending it six months earlier, as Hillary had wisely preferred.

3. Obama as a candidate seemed radically against continuing nation-building in Afghanistan, yet we are not getting out until 2014 even though bin Laden was killed several years ago?

4. Obama was totally against the stupid Patriot Act and use of Gitmo for prisoners in the war on terrorism, yet we are still housing prisoners in Gitmo and the overreach of the administration based on the Patriot Act is still going on.

As far as I'm concerned, that's a lot of right-leaning for a guy proclaimed by the GOP to be the most left-wing president in history . . . .

In one sense, you are wrong. Having reached a point in development where there is no way a man could ever make me pregnant, I am still pro-choice. The main objection to be made about the pro-life position is that it is based on lack of imaginative empathy. Even many an 18 year old girl who has not become pregnant can lack it, saying to herself, "Oh, I'll never be raped, Oh, my birth control will always work, and Oh, I'd never abort a pregnancy because I truly believe that the embryo is a person," until unwanted pregnancy actually happens to her. Even then, she might make an exception for herself and try to rationalize in her own mind why it's okay for her to have an abortion but demonstrate and vote against the right to choose.

True, but I still think it's easier to be anti abortion when you do not have and have never had the ability to become pregnant. I'm not saying that none of us who can or have been able to conceive are against termination, just that it's easier to be against it when you know it will never happen to you.

True, but I still think it's easier to be anti abortion when you do not have and have never had the ability to become pregnant. I'm not saying that none of us who can or have been able to conceive are against termination, just that it's easier to be against it when you know it will never happen to you.

It does seem to be true because even though there are slightly more US women than men who view abortion as wrong or want more restrictions, slightly more US women than men also support abortion being legal in all or most circumstances.

Back
Top Bottom