• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why do liberals think the police shooting Philando Castile is unjust, but think the police shooting Ashli Babbitt was fine?

Because their moral values are based on political advantage, not right and wrong.

And the Right is no different.

No one does hypocrisy like a Rightie

Is Reuter’s a reputable source in your world, yes or no?
So I see your still having trouble calling your buddies insurrectionists. Look at it this way, they attacked the Capital and kept our representatives from perform the lawful transfer of power. If you don't understand now, were going to have to agree to disagree.

Last edited:
I didn’t know you were the same as Mika-el. But why else would you be answering the question put to him? Is it a Jekyll and Hyde thing or a doppelgänger thing?
I was agreeing with him that your contentions are intellectually lazy and dishonest. For certain people it sometimes takes a few times of reading the same thing before they get it. Do you get it now?

No, we were not in agreement on the issue because you said in post 356 that everyone in the mob was dangerous.

Dont lie and why are you finding that important anyway? Please explain why you keep bringing that falsehood up?

I said that the mob was dangerous.

There was no temporizing there, and I don’t care if you moderated your false representation elsewhere.

Dont use big words you dont understand...the attempt at diversion fails.

Take Asli Babbitt, since she’s one of the original subjects of this thread. I don’t think any evidence suggests that she was dangerous. I think she may have been as much a fool as Philandro Castile, in that both placed themselves in situations where policemen could view both as dangerous. But that’s not the same as Babbitt presenting a real threat. Mad Libs want to amplify her foolish acts beyond the scope of our real knowledge, into the realm of insurrection, purely for political advantage.

I saw the video and she and the mob behind her all looked dangerous. It's the cumulative circumstances that create danger.
CNN does lots of quickie pieces in which they might toss out actual news, but their opinion pundits kept the “death by fire extinguisher” story going long afterward. The fact that you don’t remember the way the rioters were excoriated for Sicknick’s death by violent attack merely displays your convenient amnesia.
I remember reading here the wrong info that people got from mistaken or intentionally misleading rightwing media. I just didnt accept it without verifying it with more reliable sources. Nice try at turning it around on me...you are the one that apparently bought into it.

The two are fundamentally the same: if I didn’t understand the language at all, I could not correct your bad grammar. Which I did.

Why so many dictionary addicts on this thread? Don’t any of you Mad Libs know the meaning of “context?”
More fail from you

And you still don’t know how to type contractions properly. Yep, you’re still as funny as before!
And you still dont understand English
COVFEFE!!!!!!

Dont lie and why are you finding that important anyway? Please explain why you keep bringing that falsehood up?

I said that the mob was dangerous.

Dont use big words you dont understand...the attempt at diversion fails.

I saw the video and she and the mob behind her all looked dangerous. It's the cumulative circumstances that create danger.

I remember reading here the wrong info that people got from mistaken or intentionally misleading rightwing media. I just didnt accept it without verifying it with more reliable sources. Nice try at turning it around on me...you are the one that apparently bought into it.

Why am I finding it important that you lied? Well, it’s significant in showing that you argue in bad faith, but in the grand scheme of things another Mad Lib lie isn’t all that important.

You’re still wrong about the extent to which liberal media and politicians embraced the martyrdom of Brian Sicknick. What’s your next rap, that Trump told people to inject themselves with bleach?

So now you do admit that our views on Babbitt diverge, meaning that you need not continue the silly pose that we two are on the same page.

And you still dont understand English
COVFEFE!!!!!!

As I said I don’t lower myself to make fun of typos unless it’s someone who’s lecturing others on good English— which in your case is a deflection from your inability to debate.

I was agreeing with him that your contentions are intellectually lazy and dishonest. For certain people it sometimes takes a few times of reading the same thing before they get it. Do you get it now?

I get that you deflect whenever anyone asks you a hard question.

So I see your still having trouble calling your buddies insurrectionists. Look at it this way, they attacked the Capital and kept our representatives from perform the lawful transfer of power. If you don't understand now, were going to have to agree to disagree.

Do you distrust Biden’s FBI, and if so why?

When you make a claim that you want folks to see as more than just your opinion, then yeah, I expect you to post a citation. Is that clear enough for you?

And do you promise to answer the question posed if I post a citation? Cross your heart and hope to die? Stick a needle in your eye?

As I said I don’t lower myself to make fun of typos unless it’s someone who’s lecturing others on good English— which in your case is a deflection from your inability to debate.
As I said I wasn't lecturing you. Your inability to comprehend English is pretty astounding

Because their moral values are based on political advantage, not right and wrong.

The fact that your first response to this question is not "hey this is comparing apples to oranges" indicates YOUR sense of "right and wrong" probably needs to be recalibrated. Then again, we've established that you've always been a partisan hack, and what you accuse "liberals" of doing is exactly what your side has been doing for ages and especially since 2015.

Actually **** apples and oranges, as least they're both in the fruit category, this is comparing an apple to a ****ing spaceship.

In addition, the worrisome percentage of "pro-2A" right-wing individuals NOT defending Philando Castile here is an indication that their reasons for supposedly being pro-2A go way deeper than simply believing in the right to gun ownership and self-defense. After all, if a cop can shoot you for merely having a firearm, (after you've warned him that you're a licensed gun owner), and get away with it, what second Amendment right do you really have?

Last edited:
The US apparantly

White house grounds during BLM:

where were you during this insurrection? Trump/Pence Out Now signs? I think it's pretty clear what the crowd wanted.

View attachment 67356645
lmao they're on a street in front of the White House, they're not on White House grounds you dolt, same as when the Jan 6 folk were out in front of the Capitol and not entering it. They're not "bum-rushing" anything, and this was the same time Trump literally called in some National Guard 19th Group SF personnel to guard him and the White House from the big bad BLM protesters while running to his bunker to call his Daddy Putin about what he should do, whereas on Jan 6 his security posture towards the Capitol was preciously lax.

I'm old enough to remember when Trump cleared out the path to Lafayette Square with tear gas used against people who were protesting legally. Law enforcement and the government's treatment of Jan 6 rioters compared to their treatment of BLM was cute in comparison. I wonder why. Oh, that's before we get to the fact that BLM is protesting real police brutality and systemic racism while Jan 6 was a bunch of white fascists getting angry and violent about something they made up.

Do you distrust Biden’s FBI, and if so why?
I can't find any reference where the FBI stated those involved in the insurrection were not insurrectionists. And since you never posted a citation for that claim I naturally assumed you were just spreading some gossip you heard.

Why am I finding it important that you lied? Well, it’s significant in showing that you argue in bad faith, but in the grand scheme of things another Mad Lib lie isn’t all that important.

I didnt lie and I asked you to provide the post # or quote where I said everyone in the mob was dangerous.

Now...look at you lying...and turn your comment around to yourself. You are arguing in bad faith. (Actually, you are no longer arguing...now you're just treading water attempting to defend yourself and making it about me, not the topic)

You’re still wrong about the extent to which liberal media and politicians embraced the martyrdom of Brian Sicknick. What’s your next rap, that Trump told people to inject themselves with bleach?

Nah, you are just mad that you follow shitty, deceptive, heavily-biased media and I exposed that. You fell for it, for days apparently. If you'd had a more open minded and well-rounded view, you'd have had a better list of sources to seek info.

LOL but you dont...you pick the ones that lead you down the garden path feeding your biases and fealty to The Donald.

So now you do admit that our views on Babbitt diverge, meaning that you need not continue the silly pose that we two are on the same page.
Heh, well if you want to write that, cool. If you want to declare that your position is wrong, I'm good with that. LOLOLOL

Of course it is a valid source.

Overall, we rate Reuters Least Biased based on objective reporting and Very High for factual reporting due to proper sourcing of information with minimal bias and a clean fact check record.

Detailed Report

Bias Rating: LEAST BIASED
Factual Reporting: VERY HIGH

Okay, since you unlike others answered one of my questions, here's that much desired (hah) link.

Where are the weapons they brought to fight the police?
That's a VERY good question, you know. I asked that same exact same question about the jan 6 rioters, and yet somehow, one are allegedly "insurrectionists" while the others are merely "peacefully protesting".

That's a VERY good question, you know. I asked that same exact same question about the jan 6 rioters, and yet somehow, one are allegedly "insurrectionists" while the others are merely "peacefully protesting".
Playing dumb is not a effective strategy.

Your picture shows protesters standing behind the barricades. The Jan 6th rioters were scaling a building, swinging metal barricades at police, and spraying bear spray in the faces of police officers.

There is NO comparison to be logically made.
I have the feeling that fact won't stop you from trying.

Playing dumb is not a effective strategy.

Your picture shows protesters standing behind the barricades. The Jan 6th rioters were scaling a building, swinging metal barricades at police, and spraying bear spray in the faces of police officers.

There is NO comparison to be logically made.
I'm sorry, i thought we were dealing with a bunch of 2a folks who owned 300 million guns and REALLY hate the government.

I guess BLM and antifa just left all their rifles at home? It's a common mistake. Could happen to any insurrectionist movement, just ask the confederacy.
I have the feeling that fact won't stop you from trying.
Nope.

Back
Top Bottom