• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why did you pick atheism?

Atheism is not a belief system of any kind.
Of course it is. You do the same thing theists do. You gather facts and draw a conclusion and believe in your conclusion.

Of course it is. You do the same thing theists do. You gather facts and draw a conclusion and believe in your conclusion.

That's also the way people conduct critical thinking, science, etc. Doesnt make the conclusions of those things 'beliefs.' Understanding, facts, truth, observation, experimentation, proof, personal experience, opinion, etc...all exist separately from belief.

That's also the way people conduct critical thinking, science, etc. Doesnt make the conclusions of those things 'beliefs.' Understanding, facts, truth, observation, experimentation, proof, personal experience, opinion, etc...all exist separately from belief.
I'm sorry but you have lost me since I'm certain you believe the Earth goes around the Sun. What am I missing here?

L
Atheists don't have organizations?
Even if they didn't, you do want people to join something: Your belief system of hopelessness, eternal darkness and nothingness.
And you package it as wisdom and enlightenment. It couldn't be more opposite.

Hopelessness, eternal darkness, nothingness. Gaslighting is all that you are "good" at. You certainly haven't posed even a single argument that would make someone want to join your Christ cult. Are you afraid of more indepth discussion of the matter?

Funny, I never heard him use such insulting terms towards people in the street. Does it make you proud to do so? Why would I want to join a “faith” that relies on such hateful verbiage as you present?
This is odd. You must hold theists to higher standards than atheists since you expect me to behave better than you. Shouldn't you hold everybody to the same standards since atheists are always claiming that their morals are just as high?
What did I say that was so bad anyways? Atheists have no hope. That's a fact that they don't deny.

This has gotten pretty funny. Every time you don't understand something or agree with it you call it gaslighting. Try to expand your vocabulary a little more.....and your mind.....but I get it, atheists live in a small little world where there is nothing bigger to consider than human intelligence.....so sad.

I understand it all. I understand that you basically do nothing but gaslighting, but you're afraid to even understand what that is, because to do so would mean that you have to admit to lies and the lack of serious discussion. What are you so afraid of? Why do you hide behind gaslighting hatefulness? You're the Rush Limbaugh of the DP belief and Skepticism Forum.
And at the present time, we know of nothing bigger in terms of understanding of the world than the human brain. Do you have any alternatives that are based in reality?

Hopelessness, eternal darkness, nothingness.
How are these insults? They are cornerstones of your belief. Which one of these three do not represent your present and future?

What facts have you gathered? It appears that you mostly gather myths and superstitions and imaginary entities.

How are these insults? They are cornerstones of your belief. Which one of these three do not represent your present and future?

You only make yourself look worse when you double-down on your lies, hatefulness, and gaslighting.

This is odd. You must hold theists to higher standards than atheists since you expect me to behave better than you. Shouldn't you hold everybody to the same standards since atheists are always claiming that their morals are just as high?
What did I say that was so bad anyways? Atheists have no hope. That's a fact that they don't deny.

You just keep repeating your gaslighting because you are afraid of more indepth discussion. Very very sad.
And what makes you think that the "morals" of atheists are any less than yours? Do you have any actual examples, or is this just more of your blather that you can't actually back up?
And I don't see a single atheist here who is dwelling in the same vat of lies, hatefulness, and gaslighting that are the foundation of your claims. Yes, it does look like we are better than you, doesn't it?

Look in the mirror.

That makes no sense. I have not gaslighted you. I have not issued hateful statements towards you. I have not told lies about you. Your statement makes not a bit of sense. I would like to actually have an indepth discussion with you, but you are hiding behind those items to avoid doing so.

You just keep repeating your gaslighting because you are afraid of more indepth discussion. Very very sad.
And what makes you think that the "morals" of atheists are any less than yours? Do you have any actual examples, or is this just more of your blather that you can't actually back up?
You are so angry you aren't even reading what you are saying. You are the one who implied atheists are held to a lower standard, not me.

You are so angry you aren't even reading what you are saying. You are the one who implied atheists are held to a lower standard, not me.

There is nothing at all that would indicate that I am "angry". More gaslighting. Nor have I implied what you claim. Another lie. Fill in the blanks of your last sentence, if you can.

That makes no sense. I have not gaslighted you. I have not issued hateful statements towards you. I have not told lies about you. Your statement makes not a bit of sense. I would like to actually have an indepth discussion with you, but you are hiding behind those items to avoid doing so.
Your hate and anger have put you in a state where you are not thinking rationally. Calm down and step away from the forum. I'm going that now because you have become unhinged.

Your hate and anger have put you in a state where you are not thinking rationally. Calm down and step away from the forum. I'm going that now because you have become unhinged.

The only person that is coming across as angry is....you. Could you answer @devildavid 's question about who has tried to recruit you? Post #676

There's no hate. There's no anger. I am thinking quite rationally. I am calm. I am not unhinged. Just more gaslighting from you. It's all that you ever have.

A closed mind and heart will never see the evidence, no matter how much there is right in front of him...
That is the definition of self-delusion.

I'm sorry but you have lost me since I'm certain you believe the Earth goes around the Sun. What am I missing here?

What didnt you understand in my post, written in English? Be specific and I'm happy to clarify.

Back
Top Bottom