• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Christians Should Engage in Oral Sex

Did you feel sinful?
I think that all really hinges on what you determined to be sinful. Nobody can really agree on it. Even different Christians define it differently.

But I think this goes to the idea that pleasure is sinful I don't know why this idea comes from probably because pleasure is a finite thing it's over pretty quickly and a lot of people spend a lot of time pursuing that peak and it costs them other things in their lives.

Pleasure isn't a bad thing but I think people can get addicted to it

I think that all really hinges on what you determined to be sinful. Nobody can really agree on it. Even different Christians define it differently.

But I think this goes to the idea that pleasure is sinful I don't know why this idea comes from probably because pleasure is a finite thing it's over pretty quickly and a lot of people spend a lot of time pursuing that peak and it costs them other things in their lives.

Pleasure isn't a bad thing but I think people can get addicted to it

Without the sin aspect added to it I'd say you have a Buddhist perspective. The only trouble we have with things that give us pleasure is the risk of attachment. Attachments cause suffering and pain.

Without the sin aspect added to it I'd say you have a Buddhist perspective. The only trouble we have with things that give us pleasure is the risk of attachment. Attachments cause suffering and pain.
That's interesting I don't know very much about Buddhism. I might have to learn because it sounds interesting.

When you say attachments I'm curious. Can you give an example?

That's interesting I don't know very much about Buddhism. I might have to learn because it sounds interesting.

When you say attachments I'm curious. Can you give an example?

Whatever causes you pleasure can and will cause you suffering.

Let's use the OP as an example. Giving and receiving oral sex is pleasurable (for most people). Some consider it such a pleasure that not having it when, where, how and with whom causes negative emotions such as anger, jealousy, self-doubt, anxiety and sadness. For oral sex substitute praise, a car, a puppy, physical attributes, age, popcorn, chocolate milkshakes, another person, jewelry, a career, an ideology, anything that can and does give you pleasure can and will bring you suffering.

Not saying that we cannot or should not find pleasure in the above but the greater our attachment to them the greater the suffering and pain when we are separated from or denied those things. It is a fact that in our current existence we can/will indeed become attached to all these things and much more. Our suffering will vary depending on our level of attachment.

Is oral sex in Christian marriage a sin? If it is not a sin is it optional or is it a requirement for Christian husbands and wives in marriage?

Do the Scriptures teach that the Penis and Semen May Only Go in the Vagina?​

The teaching of the Catholic Church is that all sex must be “procreative” or “open to life” or the orgasm must be “genital to genital”. In other words, all sexual relations between a man and his wife must end with his penis ejaculating in her vagina.

Now Catholics differ on whether a woman can orally pleasure her husband and the rule is only that he must finish in her vagina. And many Protestants believe this as well.

The problem is that the Bible never teaches this doctrine. It is a completely man-made doctrine.

Some have wrongly attempted to teach that the story of Onan in the Bible confirms that God only allows sex that is penile-vaginal intercourse and that the man must finish in his wife’s vagina each and every time:
==================================================
This article avoids the religiosity of gay sex in its several formats.
I don't think the Bible mentions oral sex, although there are some references in the Song of Solomon that imply a lot of touchy-feely stuff and involvement of hands and mouths, etc.

My understanding is that fooling around with hands and mouths within marriage would certainly not be sinful per se. I think a lot of things that aren't per se sinful can become sinful depending on mindset and how they are carried out, so there are grey areas. Like, wine is not sinful per se, but drunkenness is sinful.

I'm not big on religion, but religions can be used to help people figure out what is right and wrong, like philosophies.

Just the facts Jack...................The Church says it's so....
So...what? If one wants to be chained by dogma, that's on them. Seems rather restrictive and a life less lived.

The church can say anything it wants. The church spent decades covering up extensive pedophlia. The church is worthless when it comes to “facts”.

The question is: Do YOU believe what “the church” says?

The church can say anything it wants. The church spent decades covering up extensive pedophlia. The church is worthless when it comes to “facts”.

The Church's dogma is that all are "fallen" and subject to "original sin," and so none is sinless and none is worthy of salvation - because all are wretched sinners.

When one accepts oneself, essentially, as born with a sinful nature, then clearly the priests and bishops cannot be expected to have sin-free lives. That's why they will have various defalcations, even criminal issues. They are that way by nature.

That doesn't mean they can't also recognize what their dogma suggests is "sin."

EDIT to add - if we proceed on that premise, then one can accept oneself as sinful by nature, do one's best to avoid it, and engage in self-reflection to improve one's behavior. If one examines the Catholic processes, it often seems like that is what the dogma and rituals are designed to do. They want you to go to church weekly, then they want you to go to confessional. Church causes you to regularly reflect on moral issues. Confessional causes you to regularly self-examine and address one's defalcations and penance/atonement pushes one to try to be better.

Naturally, people will have different views on what behaviors constitute good and bad, or reprehensible, etc., and what is minor or major, etc. But, if we go through the biggies, like, Pride, Envy, Anger, Sloth, Avarice, Gluttony, and Lechery, we wind up with a fairly good guide -- those are the innate feelings that lead us to do bad things - pride, anger, sloth, avarice, gluttony, lechery, they lead us to do things like brag, hit/kill, lay around idly, unfairly take advantage or exploit, overstuff ourselves, and be sexually excessive, etc. So, being self reflective about those things can really help some folks be better.

Last edited:
The Church's dogma is that all are "fallen" and subject to "original sin," and so none is sinless and none is worthy of salvation - because all are wretched sinners.

When one accepts oneself, essentially, as born with a sinful nature, then clearly the priests and bishops cannot be expected to have sin-free lives. That's why they will have various defalcations, even criminal issues. They are that way by nature.

That doesn't mean they can't also recognize what their dogma suggests is "sin."
Nothing like religion into damaging our collective self esteem and have us believing we're all worthless pieces of $#!t unless we kiss God's @ss and worship him. It's like theistic peer pressure and/or self delusion.

So...what? If one wants to be chained by dogma, that's on them. Seems rather restrictive and a life less lived.
If sex is the limit of a good life........well, then, you are missing out................I don't consider my dog to be living a fuller life than I am, and all he wants does is screw everything.....

Nothing like religion into damaging our collective self esteem and have us believing we're all worthless pieces of $#!t unless we kiss God's @ss and worship him. It's like theistic peer pressure and/or self delusion.
There seems to be some contradictions sometimes. Like, how we are all fallen and imperfect, undeserving of salvation, sinful by nature, BUT God loves us personally and thinks of us and has a purpose for us, and we as humans are the reason for Creation.... Odd.

But, then again, humans are walking contradictions, and the religious are not special cases in that regard.

They are the best moral guide there is....

Like priests who rape little boys and girls and hide behind the skirts of the pope?

If Christianity is your moral compass you are not welcome in my home. Christians invented slavery and witch burning.

And my dog is a far superior moral compass than any priest. At least he tries to cover his shit, priests run away and hide. If that's a 'moral compass' I'm Satan!

If sex is the limit of a good life........well, then, you are missing out................I don't consider my dog to be living a fuller life than I am, and all he wants does is screw everything.....
As we get older, we realize that sex, like everything else, can get repetitive and boring.

As we get older, we realize that sex, like everything else, can get repetitive and boring.
Nonsense. You just gotta take it to the wall.

Luce,
Besmirched by SIN.

The church also covered up and promoted child molestation for centuries. So it's the farthest thing in existence from a moral authority.

Within the church are contained the most vile of the amoral people in the existence of humanity.

Get a better source then the world's oldest most prolific and most notorious pedophile organization.

Some people worship the church instead of God. They can do no wrong even though they're vile.

I wonder if the church was set up in the beginning just to manipulate people into believing they are the voice of God.

Is oral sex in Christian marriage a sin? If it is not a sin is it optional or is it a requirement for Christian husbands and wives in marriage?

Do the Scriptures teach that the Penis and Semen May Only Go in the Vagina?​

The teaching of the Catholic Church is that all sex must be “procreative” or “open to life” or the orgasm must be “genital to genital”. In other words, all sexual relations between a man and his wife must end with his penis ejaculating in her vagina.

Now Catholics differ on whether a woman can orally pleasure her husband and the rule is only that he must finish in her vagina. And many Protestants believe this as well.

The problem is that the Bible never teaches this doctrine. It is a completely man-made doctrine.

Some have wrongly attempted to teach that the story of Onan in the Bible confirms that God only allows sex that is penile-vaginal intercourse and that the man must finish in his wife’s vagina each and every time:
==================================================
This article avoids the religiosity of gay sex in its several formats.

Please see.............

Anita Bryant

Back
Top Bottom