• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why Aren't We Celebrating This?

You have no clue as to my morality.

Its funny how you want the emotional impact of the word, but reject the meaning, which is where the emotional impact comes from.

It's funny, that you didn't read this thread and see another guy made your argument.

I'll tell you what I told him

It is semantics. Not only is this argument semantics your argument is proof (not there needs to be more of it, but..) that the Law is nothing but sophistry... It is a clear cut and dry example of the Law being relative, it has the meaning we want it to have and is a matter of opinion, lest you could not have a law against murder and a law allowing for abortion as there is no difference in the defining of the two. The premeditated taking of life.

It's funny, that you didn't read this thread and see another guy made your argument.

I'll tell you what I told him

It is semantics. Not only is this argument semantics your argument is proof (not there needs to be more of it, but..) that the Law is nothing but sophistry... It is a clear cut and dry example of the Law being relative, it has the meaning we want it to have and is a matter of opinion, lest you could not have a law against murder and a law allowing for abortion as there is no difference in the defining of the two. The premeditated taking of life.

I am sure our soldiers would love to hear that you consider them murderers...might want to rethink that definition.

I am sure our soldiers would love to hear that you consider them murderers...might want to rethink that definition.

Now who's turning to emotional appeal....

:lamo

Might want to rethink your argument...

Now who's turning to emotional appeal....

:lamo

Might want to rethink your argument...

Just pointing out your logical flaws. It is easy to do, but I got time to kill.

Just pointing out your logical flaws. It is easy to do, but I got time to kill.

By going back and doing what you accused me of? That's not pointing, that's projecting...

By going back and doing what you accused me of? That's not pointing, that's projecting...

I accused you of misusing a word to appeal to emotion. I did not misuse a word. You did.

Abortion is not murder.

The keyword here that saves you from yourself in your statement is 'unlawful'. Since liberals have legalize this form of execution, your statement is true from a scientific legal point of view. However the moral point that you care to ignore remains.

mur•der (ˈmɜr dər)

n., v. -dered, -der•ing. n.
1. the unlawful killing of a person, esp. when done with deliberation or premeditation or occurring during the commission of another serious crime (first-degree murder) or with intent but without deliberation or premeditation (second-degree murder).
2. something injurious, immoral, or otherwise censurable: to get away with murder.
3. something extremely difficult or unpleasant: That exam was murder!
v.t.
4. to kill by an act constituting murder.
5. to kill or slaughter barbarously.
6. to spoil or mar through incompetence: The singer murdered the aria.
7. Informal. to defeat thoroughly.
v.i.
8. to commit murder.
[1300–50; Middle English mo(u)rdre, murder, variant (influenced by Old French murdre < Germanic) of murthre murther]
Random House Kernerman Webster's College Dictionary, © 2010 K Dictionaries Ltd. Copyright 2005, 1997, 1991 by Random House, Inc. All rights reserved.

I accused you of misusing a word to appeal to emotion. I did not misuse a word. You did.

You appealed to emotion. I did not.

I accused you of misusing a word to appeal to emotion.

You appealed to emotion with your soldier comment thought accusing me of it. I didn't misuse the word, as I explained to the other one before you got the sloppy seconds...

You appealed to emotion with your soldier comment thought accusing me of it. I didn't misuse the word, as I explained to the other one before you got the sloppy seconds...

You most certainly did improperly use the word "murder". Words have meanings.

You don't know my views, what mishegoss is this?:thinking

Perhaps I'll stay here, exercise my right to say what the hell I want and maybe turn a few people from the darkside.

Abortion is murder.(notice the period at the end of this sentence)

and my argument isn't religion based, sorry, I know that's hard for some people to believe...

Since the only way for abortion to be murder is to consider a soul your argument is religion based. please spare me. You can call it the darkside or whatever you want, but you really show no thought when you promote reproduction day. havintg a child is something you do when you are ready and prepared because simply children do not wait for you to grow the hell up. Now if you want to promote boinking for fun day, and thihngs like BC (which is what abortion is) and protection so people do not get something they do not want like a disease or child i am all for it. If you want to socially pressure people who are not prepared for a child for the sake of overpopulating and destroying the world while you cut any help to them like welfare, school, and medicine I find your views to be very misguided and out of the bounds of intelligence and personal responsibility for your actions. Abor4tion still is not murder no matter where you put the period. Abortion is a common sense solution to a commitment you are not willing or able to make to take care of another human life until it is ready to take care of itself. Any other view of it is religious perversion and total hypocrisy.

Good lord, I see now why this country is going down the crapper...

Oh, I forgot, you probably had not yet looked in a mirror to see another person who has no personal responsibility, but after that statement I think you finally saw yourself. Don't blame others because you support unprepared pregnancy for people who cannot afford it day. Before you criticize others it might be a great idea if you were not promoting the world going into the crapper with a really terrible idea.

No, not last I checked, but they can engage in activities and be adults about the possible ramifications of their actions and accept what they are without taking life.

Abortion is taking responsibility; just not how you would dictate it. But no one really has any obligation to care what you'd dictate, do they?

Whether abortion is "taking a life" is open to debate, but even if we are to accept it is for the sake of argument, there is simply no reason a woman should give anything carte blanche to use and harm her body, simply for having the audacity to have a relationship with her own partner.

Oh yeah, that is what we want to do. great idea to encourage a bunch of unprepared people to have kids based on some arbitrary day. Who cares about things like responsibility and being able to afford them when we can just screw and have kids for some prize money. They should retitle it national idiots day and give every poor parent some bootstraps and a belt. But hey, I am sure you are thrilled about the increases in welfare and costs to society for having all those kids.

oh, and abortion is not murder, but starving kids and neglecting them to death would be.

Why do you asume everybody in the US is unprepared to have kids?

If that's really what you're worried about, whites being "out bred" by other races and then gradually replaced, then I'd call you a racist. But I'm honestly not assuming anything, I suspected that may be the case, but that's why I wanted you to explain your position a little further because I don't want to jump to conclusions. I want you to give me your position so I dont have to assume anything about it.

Why would you call him a racist if it is the truth?

If the same thing was happening to the black race what do you think black organizations would be saying about it?

Why would you call him a racist if it is the truth?

If the same thing was happening to the black race what do you think black organizations would be saying about it?

It doesn't matter if its true or not but being worried about another race birthing so fast as to grow faster than your own is a racist outlook. How can you call yourself race-blind as most Americans would if you think its wrong that other races are growing faster than your own, thus eventually making you a minority if the trend continues.

LOL - people don't need to be given permission to skip important things for sex, how else do you think unplanned pregnancies happen? Sex is a priority.

If that's how people are, there's something seriously wrong - and it's not "what do we do with the baby."

Remember how cold it gets in Russia and what coldness does to the male organ.

They have what 2 or 3 months of good procreation weather?

It doesn't matter if its true or not but being worried about another race birthing so fast as to grow faster than your own is a racist outlook. How can you call yourself race-blind as most Americans would if you think its wrong that other races are growing faster than your own, thus eventually making you a minority if the trend continues.

Do you not think if this were happening to another race they wouldn't be screaming at the top of their lungs to get people having babies within their own race?

Do you not think if this were happening to another race they wouldn't be screaming at the top of their lungs to get people having babies within their own race?

And I'd look at them that were doing the screaming the same way, whats your point? Are you trying to catch me in a double standard? I don't have one. I'd view both people screaming to save their race the same way regardless of whatever race they belonged to.

Why do you asume everybody in the US is unprepared to have kids?

Thank you for making a one line rebuttal that does not involve anything I said and seeks to replace my words with what you wish i said because you cannot make a point. Either you are illiterate or you deliberately just lied about what i said. Either way it is not a great look for you.

Since the only way for abortion to be murder is to consider a soul your argument is religion based. please spare me. You can call it the darkside or whatever you want, but you really show no thought when you promote reproduction day. havintg a child is something you do when you are ready and prepared because simply children do not wait for you to grow the hell up. Now if you want to promote boinking for fun day, and thihngs like BC (which is what abortion is) and protection so people do not get something they do not want like a disease or child i am all for it. If you want to socially pressure people who are not prepared for a child for the sake of overpopulating and destroying the world while you cut any help to them like welfare, school, and medicine I find your views to be very misguided and out of the bounds of intelligence and personal responsibility for your actions. Abor4tion still is not murder no matter where you put the period. Abortion is a common sense solution to a commitment you are not willing or able to make to take care of another human life until it is ready to take care of itself. Any other view of it is religious perversion and total hypocrisy.

That's patently absurd. I did call it the darkside, I don't need your permission. I can see you didn't read the article, what happen? the blood of the innocent get in your eyes? You didn't read the article because what you're arguing against and what it says are two different things, I also see you're promoting further irresponsibility. I am a proponent of the Nordic System which allows for Universal Health Care (a true UHC not this despicable abomination from Obama) and Universal Education, so I don't know where the hell you are coming up with your notions about what my views are, you are sadly mistaken, seriously.

Abortion is the premeditated taking of life by individuals who lack responsibility. To say what you said in your last sentence is not only nonfactual, but it makes you a bigot.

Oh, I forgot, you probably had not yet looked in a mirror to see another person who has no personal responsibility, but after that statement I think you finally saw yourself. Don't blame others because you support unprepared pregnancy for people who cannot afford it day. Before you criticize others it might be a great idea if you were not promoting the world going into the crapper with a really terrible idea.

No, I thought I lived in a world where childhood ends and people mature into adults.

But, people want to be treated like children forever. It's no wonder nanny state is here to wipe your ass for you, you've shown you aren't capable of handling these types of important responsibilities yourselves.

Abortion is taking responsibility; just not how you would dictate it. But no one really has any obligation to care what you'd dictate, do they?

Whether abortion is "taking a life" is open to debate, but even if we are to accept it is for the sake of argument, there is simply no reason a woman should give anything carte blanche to use and harm her body, simply for having the audacity to have a relationship with her own partner.

No, it's copping out.

It's not open to debate, it is a cold, hard, scientific fact. Want me to end it now for you? None of us would be here today unless someone allowed us to live pass the time that others want to pretend we weren't alive.

Then women shouldn't be giving out her body carte blanche unless she's ready to accept the consequences with her partner...

Thank you for making a one line rebuttal that does not involve anything I said and seeks to replace my words with what you wish i said because you cannot make a point. Either you are illiterate or you deliberately just lied about what i said. Either way it is not a great look for you.

I read what you said and that is what you said. Go back and read what you posted.

You post a lot of words with very Little meaning in all of your posts. You can keep your name calling and your superiority complex to yourself, if that is possible.

Back
Top Bottom