• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why aren’t pro life groups supporting research to prevent miscarriages?

Nope. Do you ever wonder how many would have been serial killers, rapists, child molesters?

Yep. What do you think can be done about people giving birth to serial killers, rapists and child molesters?

Wait, what? LOL! So all the boys are forced to get a vasectomy? So.............................. in your dystopian world, humans become extinct.
Well if people decide not to have kids until they want them. I think that is a utopia. And I think the Earth could actually sustain that population growth. Why would you want a lot of teenagers birthing kids they can't take care of?

Well if people decide not to have kids until they want them. I think that is a utopia. And I think the Earth could actually sustain that population growth. Why would you want a lot of teenagers birthing kids they can't take care of?

Your entire premise is that people shouldn't get to decide when they want to have kids...

YOU don't want people to decide when they want a child.

So, you never answered --- what if the girl refuses the birth control? What then? What if the boy refuses the vasectomy? What then?
Then they can't drive.

Mmmkay. Let's unpack that. In your analogy does "drive" = "have a baby"?
It means having sex with out birth control. Now that we have long term birth control like drivers licenses you don't have too.

It means having sex with out birth control. Now that we have long term birth control like drivers licenses you don't have too.

Ahh -- so if they refuse to go on the mandatory birth control, they're not allowed to have sex. Sex would be against the law for them, right? And you still think this is a "moderate" belief?

Me too.

I do think artificial birth control medication and devices including long term birth control should be covered by Medicaid or private insurance.
The religious right considers this heresy. The cliched idea that they care more for the unborn than the born applies. I think there are some fringe groups who object to birth control on the grounds it damages or destroys the image of god in other humans and increases the acceptance of abortion.

Please Name and source the pro life groups that give money toward researching and preventing miscarriages.
Dodging, eh? *slowclap*

Ahh -- so if they refuse to go on the mandatory birth control, they're not allowed to have sex. Sex would be against the law for them, right? And you still think this is a "moderate" belief?
No. Their parents make sure they have long term birth control just like they get their vaccinations. It is just health care.

So you think having sex without birth control and not wanting or able to take care of a child is OK

No. Their parents make sure they have long term birth control just like they get their vaccinations. It is just health care.
I understand your thoughts and support the concept. Using "mandatory" usually makes people rebel against even the best intentions. I would like to see a cultural change where we drop the notion that premarital sex is sinful; where we consider birth control to, indeed, be good health care covered by all plans welcomed at the earliest opportunity to avoid unwanted pregnancy. I see no sense in making birth control difficult to achieve at the same time we punish women who want to abort.

But you just said if they refused, they weren't allowed to have sex.

So you think having sex without birth control and not wanting or able to take care of a child is OK

I think if people want to have sex without birth control they should be able to do so. Revolutionary, huh?

I think if people want to have sex without birth control they should be able to do so.
Then you should also be comfortable with how they handle the consequence of pregnancy, including abortion. And you dodged the last part of his question, which is the pertinent part.

But you just said if they refused, they weren't allowed to have sex.
Who refused. They are kids. I know many parents that make sure their daughters have long term implants. It is the right thing to do. Why let your daughter ruin her life with an unplanned pregnancy or guilt from an abortion.

Who refused. They are kids. I know many parents that make sure their daughters have long term implants. It is the right thing to do. Why let your daughter ruin her life with an unplanned pregnancy or guilt from an abortion.

You honestly think that if the government told everyone that their daughters must get a birth control implant at her first gyno appointment, that everyone would just .... do it? Really? REALLY? LOL

You honestly think that if the government told everyone that their daughters must get a birth control implant at her first gyno appointment, that everyone would just .... do it? Really? REALLY? LOL
Why? It is just health care. And the benefits to them and society are tremendous.

Why? It is just health care. And the benefits to them and society are tremendous.

Wow. You really do think that. I'm .......... wow. LOL!

Actually , 92 percent of women in the United States are being responsible for their fertility by using Birth control consistently.
( unless they are currently pregnant or are actively trying to become pregnant.)

Info from :

https://www.self.com/story/report-two-thirds-women-use-birth-control

From the article :

Oh, and as for 35.1 percent of women who aren’t using contraception?

They’re not all just having unsafe sex.

About half of them (17 percent of the respondents) hadn’t had sex in the past three months while the rest were either pregnant, postpartum or trying to conceive (7.5 percent),
or, indeed, sexually active but not using protection (7.9 percent).

……..

To be fair the less than 8 percent of woman who are sexually active but are not using an artificial birth control may be using a more natural method such as the rhythm method.

Last edited:
Actually , 92 percent of women in the United States are being responsible for their fertility by using Birth control consistently I
( unless they are currently pregnant or are actively trying to become pregnant.)

Info from :

https://www.self.com/story/report-two-thirds-women-use-birth-control

From the article :

Oh, and as for 35.1 percent of women who aren’t using contraception?

They’re not all just having unsafe sex.

About half of them (17 percent of the respondents) hadn’t had sex in the past three months while the rest were either pregnant, postpartum or trying to conceive (7.5 percent),
or, indeed, sexually active but not using protection (7.9 percent).

I'm not sure why you're responding to that post with this information. That post had everything to do with forced birth control. Yours isn't.

I'm not sure why you're responding to that post with this information. That post had everything to do with forced birth control. Yours isn't.
Long term birth control from ages 15 to 25 would stop most abortions and prevent many tragedies.

Back
Top Bottom