• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are Republicans so willing to accept the big lie without evidence?

Democrats claimed that Russia interfered in the 2016 election by releasing disinformation on Facebook and social media.
Democrats further claim that THAT interference swayed voters and gave Trump the election.

Democrats claim they DID NOT interfere in the 2020 election by releasing disinformation on Facebook and social media.
Democrats further claim that media's "Russian Disinfo" stories about Hunter's laptop DID NOT influence the election.

Voter Polls have shown repeatedly that voters would NOT have voted for Biden had they known the Hunter story was true.
Democrats refuse to acknowledge that they interfered with the 2020 election using disinformation.

When caught they claim, "It was worth it getting rid of the Orange Monster".

"I'd support interference again to get my way" - The Left

Soooo, no evidence.

But if no one can hear you it doesn't matter.

That's what I was saying is one of the issues with the content of the messages.

Also, it's not the republicans they should be trying to reach, but the independents. The battle for the republicans' alleged hearts and minds is already lost.
I agree with you on the priority, but think there is a chance for some Republicans, possibly, with some time, but reaching them at all is not easy. I think Bernie did better than any other Democrats at it - he visited Republican strongholds and won over some of them. Not many Democrats can.

I believe @Mycroft lives in Colorado (I may be misremembering this) so of course he has strong firsthand knowledge of election fraud in Az. /s
I do live in Colorado.

But that's not why I have knowledge of the election fraud in Arizona.

Because it would make libruls bad and their failures someone else's fault

That's what I was saying is one of the issues with the content of the messages.

I agree with you on the priority, but think there is a chance for some Republicans, possibly, with some time, but reaching them at all is not easy. I think Bernie did better than any other Democrats at it - he visited Republican strongholds and won over some of them. Not many Democrats can.
I don't actually think it's worth the effort. They are dying out anyway.

I wish I had a better, less prickly way to say this, but I've run out of options, so here goes...

I don't give a rat's ass what Donald Trump has to say about the 2020 election of anything else.

Donald Trump talks shit 24/7 which is the reason I have not watched one of his rallies, or listened to one of his speeches since the day he lost the election. You are a fool if you think that conservatives hang on his every word, or take their marching orders from him. He is a blow hard just as he has been all his public life, but as president you can't ignore the positive results from his 4 years in office. For that reason I voted for him in 2020, but just like the overwhelming majority of conservatives, I let the facts dictate my actions and beliefs when it comes to things like the integrity of the election, the Hunter Biden laptop, Russia-gate, etc...

When it comes to Donald Trump, those on the left like yourself are the ones with a problem... You people are totally obsessed with the man more than a year and a half after he lost the election. I put him out of my head the first week of November 2020, but he has taken up permanent residence in the heads of millions and millions of leftists like yourself.

Jesus Christ people, let him go and come back to the real world.

If what you sat is true, why do republican candidates for any statewide office feel it necessary to make a trip to Mara Lago to seek trumps endorsement?
Seems to me it is the right who can't let trump go. You say you put trump out of your head after the election, and that may be true, but there are millions of your fellow conservatives who just can't let go. Even safe republicans like McConnell, while they don't kiss trumps ass, they won't publicly take him to task when he spreads his stolen election BS.

I do live in Colorado.

But that's not why I have knowledge of the election fraud in Arizona.
Yeah, I read about your Dr. Shiva, the guy who knows how the election was stolen, but understands nothing of election safegaurds and procedures.
If he is your evidence, I respect you less than before, you bet all your nickels on yet another conman.

If what you sat is true, why do republican candidates for any statewide office feel it necessary to make a trip to Mara Lago to seek trumps endorsement?
Because Trump was an effective president that still garnishes a lot of public support.

That doesn't mean that his supporters are hanging on his every utterance and treating his bloviations and exaggerations as gospel. There isn't a person alive, including those who support him politically, that doesn't understand that Trump talks a lot of shit.

Because Trump was an effective president that still garnishes a lot of public support.

That doesn't mean that his supporters are hanging on his every utterance and treating his bloviations and exaggerations as gospel. There isn't a person alive, including those who support him politically, that doesn't understand that Trump talks a lot of shit.

I don't respond to posters who snip my posts. Have a nice evening.

And yet...you make no effort to look for evidence. You simply take the word of the criminals and their propagandists who do nothing but say "There is no evidence". The fact is, there are mountains of evidence of election fraud.

So...apply that "rational process" you speak of and take your useless psychobabble and shove it.

Sixty seven judges and court cases say you are full of garbage. Those judges included trump appointed judges.

All six of the republicans on the Supreme Court say you are full of garbage.

Three of those six were appointed by trump.

Just read in today’s paper about a guy from the Oath Keepers who pleaded guilty to “seditious conspiracy” for actions surrounding Jan 6. Saddened in some way by this, as some fool who believed Trumps BS may go to jail and lose up to 6 years of his life, while Donald rakes in more millions from the people who believe his lies, and will probably never wear the orange jumpsuit he deserves.

I don't think conservatives necessarily believe that the election was stolen; I think they believe that their country was "stolen," and they're just latching on to a myth and doing anything that they can to manufacture an explanation for it.
A generous explanation, but not factually accurate.

The majority of Republican voters believe the 2020 election was stolen.

Effective? A man who holds the highest office in the world this side of the Vatican spends his four years insulting women, blacks, immigrants, refugees, Latinos and the entire Third World, and whose defeat is greeted by people dancing in the streets across America is to be considered effective?

Except a lot of GOP are no "incompetent". They are accomplices.

If you honestly believe that, there is a very simple solution.

Stop voting.

If you think that it's a rigged and a conspiracy with even republicans in on it, then there is no reason for you to ever vote again.

Put your actions where your words are.

Stop voting.

Can you point out a mountain or two? And of course, can you explain why Trump, of all politicians in US history, has so often been victim of rigged elections? Why is he so jinxed?
If you’re open to mountains of bull shit, @Mycroft is your man.

A generous explanation, but not factually accurate.

The majority of Republican voters believe the 2020 election was stolen.

Right, I get that. But in the absence of evidence, it's almost as though they're deliberately refusing to believe it. I've offered the explanation for why that is.

Anyone can scream "they cheated!" Almost anyone understands that charges and accusation typically require proof -- they'd sure as hell want others to present proof if they were the ones being accused of fraud.

But I go back to an exchange I had with another poster on another thread - it's pretty telling if you ask me.

What proof do you have that it changed the election results?

Where did the assertion that these things effected the elections come from?

To which the poster replied:
No proof needed. The rush in several states to unsecure mass balloting as well as runaway ballot harvesting has shook our faith in the 2020 election results.

See, this is what I'm saying. They're aware that if they really did some fact checking, the evidence wouldn't support their claims. But guess what? **** evidence. Because **** liberals winning elections - period. This is their country and they shouldn't be the ones losing elections. They wouldn't be losing if liberals hadn't let in all these 'foreigners' all these years and given women, blacks, and gays more rights.

If you’re open to mountains of bull shit, @Mycroft is your man.

Again, he doesn't really believe this. He just believes liberals shouldn't win elections. They didn't cheat in 2020; they "cheated" between 1965 and 2015 by allowing more non-white immigrants into the country, and by giving women, blacks, and gays more rights and equality under the law. They just know they're not supposed to say that quiet part out loud, so they make up claims of "fraud".

Look at the laws Republicans are trying to enact at the state level: highly regressive anti-abortion laws, "don't say gay" laws, and exercising more centralized control over election certification. People say Republicans don't have a platform, but they do: It's called going back to 1950.

Again, he doesn't really believe this. He just believes liberals shouldn't win elections. They didn't cheat in 2020; they "cheated" between 1965 and 2015 by allowing more non-white immigrants into the country, and by giving women, blacks, and gays more rights and equality under the law. They just know they're not supposed to say that quiet part out loud, so they make up claims of "fraud".

Look at the laws Republicans are trying to enact at the state level: highly regressive anti-abortion laws, "don't say gay" laws, and exercising more centralized control over election certification. People say Republicans don't have a platform, but they do: It's called going back to 1950.
With respect, what makes you think you know what’s in others heads? Do you really find it impossible to believe that tens of millions of Americans have been fooled by Trump and his team of professional liars and loons?

This is how totally out to lunch some people are.

They actually believe it's possible to send a ballot to an address that doesn't exist and it will arrive at that non existent address.

There is no way to help a person who you properly replied to.

The best thing to do is just scroll right by it's posts.

With respect, what makes you think you know what’s in others heads? Do you really find it impossible to believe that tens of millions of Americans have been fooled by Trump and his team of professional liars and loons?

There are lies that people are generally suckered into believing, but there are some lies that people just want to believe.

Are there people who are just rock dumb and brainwashed into believing it? I'm sure there are, but when someone says "I don't need proof of election fraud" that's not unintentional ignorance; that's willful ignorance. That is an example of someone who's cognitive machinery is already conditioning itself to believe a lie - for subjective reasons.

If someone says "Biden stole the election" to a progressive or even a genuinely non-partisan independent, they're likely to say "Okay, I'm listening. What proof do you have?"

If you say "Biden stole the election" to a blatantly progressive partisan, there's a good chance they'll tell you "No effing way in hell" even if you present them with facts that support the claim.

And the same is true in Trump's case: the blatant partisans who voted for Trump have conditioned themselves to think in a certain way, and the GOP knows it.

Sixty seven judges and court cases say you are full of garbage. Those judges included trump appointed judges.

All six of the republicans on the Supreme Court say you are full of garbage.

Three of those six were appointed by trump.
The Supreme Court said no such thing.

If you think so, I invite you to present their ruling.

(Be sure to read it carefully first.)

Back
Top Bottom