• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are Republicans so willing to accept the big lie without evidence?

If you honestly believe that, there is a very simple solution.

Stop voting.

If you think that it's a rigged and a conspiracy with even republicans in on it, then there is no reason for you to ever vote again.

Put your actions where your words are.

Stop voting.
Really? Just give up? Sorry, but I'm not a Democrat or Republican useful idiot.

I stand with those who want to prevent the election fraud from ever happening again.

This is how totally out to lunch some people are.

They actually believe it's possible to send a ballot to an address that doesn't exist and it will arrive at that non existent address.

There is no way to help a person who you properly replied to.

The best thing to do is just scroll right by it's posts.
I get it, but sometimes, when his lie is so ridiculously dumb, I like yanking @Mycroft’s chain. ;)

My question is, why are they so broken on the basic rational issue? Why aren't they even considering, even asking questions about evidence, even saying anything about the possibility if he's lying?
I'm a conservative, but I don't believe the election was stolen. But to try to answer your question, I think they simply don't trust the government, or the Democrats.
Besides that, there were changes to the voting procedures that were done because of CoVid (allegedly), that made the election appear less secure. Also, all the mainstream news media outlets and social media outlets conspired to bury the Hunter Biden laptop story as "Russian disinformation" (a lie). Also, the hate that Democrats had for Trump was so intense that they think they would do anything to get rid of him. Also, the way the returns came in, Trump was ahead in the swing states when working people went to bed - then the mail in ballots (heavily Democrat) and large urban areas (heavily Democrat) came in last in the middle of the night, swinging those states to Biden. It looked suspicious.

Trump was a narcissist sore loser who refused to admit he lost. But he was no different than Hillary and the Democrats in 2016 who said he was an illegitimate president who was only elected because of Russian collusion and interference (a lie). Trump brought in many first time Republicans who looked up to him and would follow whatever he said.

And yet...you make no effort to look for evidence.
You simply take the word of the criminals and their propagandists who do nothing but say "There is no evidence".
The fact is, there are mountains of evidence of election fraud.
So...apply that "rational process" you speak of and take your useless psychobabble and shove it.
What a crock of rePukelican Bullshit...
Don't you people get tired of regurgitating the same old stale rePuke talking points???
Try this evidence on for size... I hope it can penetrate your tin foil hats...
Naw, I don't give a shit anymore...
-peace and God Bless The United States of America...

Read this with the understanding that;
VP Pence had to refuse to get into the SS car and leave the Capitol...
They had orders to remove him and he refused to go and said he would fulfill his EC count duty...
Dumb Ass Stupid Cultist Gotta Cult...
They hate America...

1651457794129.png
It is not that the Bunker Bitch,
did not know where the BUNKER was...

Last edited:
I'm a conservative, but I don't believe the election was stolen. But to try to answer your question, I think they simply don't trust the government, or the Democrats.
Besides that, there were changes to the voting procedures that were done because of CoVid (allegedly), that made the election appear less secure. Also, all the mainstream news media outlets and social media outlets conspired to bury the Hunter Biden laptop story as "Russian disinformation" (a lie). Also, the hate that Democrats had for Trump was so intense that they think they would do anything to get rid of him. Also, the way the returns came in, Trump was ahead in the swing states when working people went to bed - then the mail in ballots (heavily Democrat) and large urban areas (heavily Democrat) came in last in the middle of the night, swinging those states to Biden. It looked suspicious.
Trump was a narcissist sore loser who refused to admit he lost. But he was no different than Hillary and the Democrats in 2016 who said he was an illegitimate president who was only elected because of Russian collusion and interference (a lie). Trump brought in many first time Republicans who looked up to him and would follow whatever he said.
Are you one of the 'republicans' who looked up to him and would follow whatever he said???
-Peace

Are you one of the 'republicans' who looked up to him and would follow whatever he said???
-Peace
If you read the first sentence of my post, I said I didn't believe the election was stolen.

The Supreme Court said no such thing.

If you think so, I invite you to present their ruling.

(Be sure to read it carefully first.)
What bullshit.

Hey, how come Biden is still president?

Is it another (scary music) CONSPIRACY?

At you, not with you.

They actually believe it's possible to send a ballot to an address that doesn't exist and it will arrive at that non existent address.

The Post Office will still deliver a letter addressed to 'Honorable donald trump' even though the person doesn't exist.

Effective? A man who holds the highest office in the world this side of the Vatican spends his four years insulting women, blacks, immigrants, refugees, Latinos and the entire Third World, and whose defeat is greeted by people dancing in the streets across America is to be considered effective?
and around the world

It looked suspicious to the ignorant who didn't understand that mail-in votes counted later were heavily Demoratic.
Trump was a narcissist sore loser who refused to admit he lost. But he was no different than Hillary and the Democrats in 2016 who said he was an illegitimate president who was only elected because of Russian collusion and interference (a lie).

BS. It's a fact that Putin had a large operation that both used social media and released Podesta's hacked e-mails to help trump win, which he "welcomed" as the investigation concluded. Whether it was enough to turn the election is debatable, but it's not clearly false much less a lie. He also received millions of fewer votes for people who actually care about the morality of the most votes winning.

I'm a conservative, but I don't believe the election was stolen. But to try to answer your question, I think they simply don't trust the government, or the Democrats. Besides that, there were changes to the voting procedures that were done because of CoVid (allegedly), that made the election appear less secure.
Also, all the mainstream news media outlets and social media outlets conspired to bury the Hunter Biden laptop story as "Russian disinformation" (a lie).
Also, the hate that Democrats had for Trump was so intense that they think they would do anything to get rid of him. Also, the way the returns came in, Trump was ahead in the swing states when working people went to bed - then the mail in ballots (heavily Democrat) and large urban areas (heavily Democrat) came in last in the middle of the night, swinging those states to Biden. It looked suspicious.

1651487462949.png

I had no idea the deficit was going down at all, much less $1.3 trillion. That's amazing. The cult won't care of course.

It's a normal rational process for people to have some skepticism, to look for evidence, to consider the possibility someone is lying.

When a person is making a claim that is hugely self-serving, that should set off sirens of suspicion. When that person has made a practice of constant lying...

So, I see most Republicans accept trump's claim the election was stolen.

My question is, why are they so broken on the basic rational issue? Why aren't they even considering, even asking questions about evidence, even saying anything about the possibility if he's lying?

It reminds me a little of Bush's claim of WMD in Iraq - when Democrats confronted Republicans with skepticism of the claim, Republicans almost universally accepted the claim but most were at least willing to say things like 'if it turns out to be a lie, I'll stop trusting Republicans'. They didn't rule out the possibility.

But with trump, I never hear any recognition of even that he might be lying. Why is the response so blind?

I think this is an important question in understanding who a third of Americans are. One theory is that they are such authoritarian-followers that they want a 'great leader' authoritarian figure to support blindly - one who claims to hit several holes in one in a round of gold like Kim Jong-Un, or to outplay the national hockey team like Putin, or to have phony Time covers and gold championships like trump. They don't care that it's lies.

What are other explanations? Is trump a talented con man? Is the propaganda well done? I'd say no. The propaganda is below The Onion level, with absurd claims of mountains of evidence without any, of 'the pillow guy', and 'cyber ninjas' who even say they found no fraud. This isn't some unimportant issues like a lie about the inauguration crowd size, but one which threatens our democracy, you'd think a little concern about the truth is worthwhile.

One more theory: that these people have been made dysfunctional and irrational through repetition. Hitler famously argued that "big lies" and repetition were effective at fooling people. Was he THIS right? It seems plausible, and dangerous. What happens when a Republican who accepts the big lie is asked, "what if trump is lying?" There's a reasonable response - but that's not what we seem to hear.

Another idea is that these people are 'weak' in that they don't like the election results and will happily accept being told that the results weren't what the media say. It's a little like a spouse who might decide to deny their partner cheated on them despite clear evidence because they don't want to deal with the unpleasant issue.

Whatever the answer, it's a big problem not only that they fall for such an obvious lie, not only that they don't consider that the lie is obvious and from a pathological liar, but how they seem they don't even recognize that he might be lying, the blind response. I think this question about WHY they are so blindly accepting of the lie hasn't been answered and the answer is important.
They will tell you there's "evidence" after being hopped up on Fox news punditry. They don't feel they need justification to cheat. They'll tell you the playing field isn't level because the "lefty wing press is in the Democrats' pocket". It's by embracing their victimhood that they're able to rationalizing that lying to win elections is ok.

Democrats claimed that Russia interfered in the 2016 election by releasing disinformation on Facebook and social media.
Democrats further claim that THAT interference swayed voters and gave Trump the election.
GOP-headed congressional committees agreed.

Democrats also didn't take it to court 60 times to prove they were right, nor did they use it as justification to pass laws making it harder/less convenient for people to vote as a result.

Democrats claim they DID NOT interfere in the 2020 election by releasing disinformation on Facebook and social media.
Democrats further claim that media's "Russian Disinfo" stories about Hunter's laptop DID NOT influence the election.

A story based on the word of a blind man who couldn't even identify the person who dropped "the laptop" and a guy who held a major Trump announcement at a gardening center that shares the same name as a major hotel.

Voter Polls have shown repeatedly that voters would NOT have voted for Biden had they known the Hunter story was true.
Democrats refuse to acknowledge that they interfered with the 2020 election using disinformation.
Why would you cite polls based on speculation? Cite them.

The only known thing that is true is that the FBI has a laptop. Literally everything beyond that is speculation. You probably could crawl down off that disinformation high horse when you can't even get this story straight.

When caught they claim, "It was worth it getting rid of the Orange Monster".

"I'd support interference again to get my way" - The Left

What laws has the left attempted to pass to making exercising the right to vote more difficult/inconvenient based on the alleged Hunter laptop story?

Right thinking people believe what they want to believe. Rational thought, truth none of that can get in the way of the reality they want to believe.

If you tell them what they want the hear. Reinforce their reality then you can get them to believe anything.

Dangerous people that can be mislead so easily.

Because Trump was an effective president that still garnishes a lot of public support.

That doesn't mean that his supporters are hanging on his every utterance and treating his bloviations and exaggerations as gospel. There isn't a person alive, including those who support him politically, that doesn't understand that Trump talks a lot of shit.

The truly sad part is that virtually all of the candidates trump has endorsed feel the need to proclaim the election was stolen. If they privately believe trump is full of shit, they aren't saying it out loud.

LOL! Clapper, Brennan, and Comey - The Three Amigo's of Obama/Clinton

THEY are the ones who interfered along with a compliant media, and again in 2020.
US senate intelligence committee headed by republicans found the exact same thing.

Besides that, there were changes to the voting procedures that were done because of CoVid (allegedly), that made the election appear less secure.
But how can that be when virtually every audit that was done has failed to show that not only was the election not the less secure but it was probably more secure than ever?

Places the GOP is in charge of have not shown a single shred of evidence demonstrateing that their now tighter restriction laws are necessary given how secure the 2020 election was even with all of the covid accommodations such as mailing and dropboxes

But how can that be when virtually every audit that was done has failed to show that not only was the election not the less secure but it was probably more secure than ever?

Places the GOP is in charge of have not shown a single shred of evidence demonstrateing that their now tighter restriction laws are necessary given how secure the 2020 election was even with all of the covid accommodations such as mailing and dropboxes
The audits I have seen only checked the math. The courts did not allow any checking of signatures or the checking of citizenship of the voters.
(96% of the dead people voted for Biden as did 87% of the illegals.)

Biden won every area that had huge numbers of illegal voters. Biden lost in every area that did not allow the illegals to vote.

A lot of cheating went on in this election and we should try to cut down on the cheating before we reach a point where no one believes our elections are worth trusting.

The audits I have seen only checked the math. The courts did not allow any checking of signatures or the checking of citizenship of the voters.
(96% of the dead people voted for Biden as did 87% of the illegals.)

Biden won every area that had huge numbers of illegal voters. Biden lost in every area that did not allow the illegals to vote.

A lot of cheating went on in this election and we should try to cut down on the cheating before we reach a point where no one believes our elections are worth trusting.

Right, and somehow the race that was impacted by the cheating was the one for president.

Oookaaaay....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

You did see those people storming the capitol, right? And this thread is about all the people who don't accept that the election was legitimate. I'd say giving assurance to people that election results are secure is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom