• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Why are Republicans so willing to accept the big lie without evidence?

And yet...you make no effort to look for evidence. You simply take the word of the criminals and their propagandists who do nothing but say "There is no evidence". The fact is, there are mountains of evidence of election fraud.

So...apply that "rational process" you speak of and take your useless psychobabble and shove it.
Can you point out a mountain or two? And of course, can you explain why Trump, of all politicians in US history, has so often been victim of rigged elections? Why is he so jinxed?

Then you know about the shoddy work done by Maricopa County in regard to signature verification. To what do you attribute that to? Incompetence? I don't think that's it. It think it was deliberate.

You know about the thousands of ballots that were sent to addresses that don't exist, were filled out, returned and counted. To what do you attribute that to? Incompetence? I don't think that's it. I think it was deliberate.

I could go on with various findings from the AZ Senate Audit.

But hey...the evidence is there. You obviously judge it differently than I do. Perhaps your bias has something to do with that.

About this sentence: "You know about the thousands of ballots that were sent to addresses that don't exist, were filled out, returned and counted. "

If they sent thousands of these ballots, none of them could arrive at an address that doesn't exist. Is USPO part of this too?

Or are you saying these were paper mail in ballots that never were sent at all?

Or just what are you saying happened?

And what has the AZ AG Mark Brnovich accomplished in tracking down the problem?

Gotta love threads that posit a question based on a false premise
The premise “Why are Republicans so willing to accept the big lie without evidence?” is true. The majority of Republicans believe President Biden won due to election fraud.
and fundamental ignorance of both the issue
The issue is quite simple. Tens of millions of right wing deluded morons continue to be suckered by the former Pathologic Liar-in-Chief
in general and the people involved.
Virtually every Republican member of both Houses, and their media accomplices, a few ridiculous lying lawyers, and a loon pillow huckster.
It can be quite entertaining to watch all the various "profound" responses people provide by way of answers.
It is quite pathetic and disheartening that so many purported “average Americans” are so incredibly weak minded and gullible that they believe the Big Lie even though there is absolutely no proof to support it.

I can only hope that many of them aren’t able to reproduce.

I wish I had a better, less prickly way to say this, but I've run out of options, so here goes...

I don't give a rat's ass what Donald Trump has to say about the 2020 election of anything else.

Donald Trump talks shit 24/7 which is the reason I have not watched one of his rallies, or listened to one of his speeches since the day he lost the election. You are a fool if you think that conservatives hang on his every word, or take their marching orders from him. He is a blow hard just as he has been all his public life, but as president you can't ignore the positive results from his 4 years in office. For that reason I voted for him in 2020, but just like the overwhelming majority of conservatives, I let the facts dictate my actions and beliefs when it comes to things like the integrity of the election, the Hunter Biden laptop, Russia-gate, etc...

When it comes to Donald Trump, those on the left like yourself are the ones with a problem... You people are totally obsessed with the man more than a year and a half after he lost the election. I put him out of my head the first week of November 2020, but he has taken up permanent residence in the heads of millions and millions of leftists like yourself.

Jesus Christ people, let him go and come back to the real world.

We'd gladly let him go. Remember how we danced in the streets in our naive assumptions that he would, well, actually go? Yet here he is 18 or so months later saying that but for a rigged election, deaths in Ukraine would have been avoided. And too many conservatives do not call him out for his BS, but attack other conservatives like Liz Cheney for truth telling.

And insult and bigotry-free positive results from his four years would have produced his re-election. True, 12 million more voted for him in 2020 than in 2016. But 26 million more voted for Biden over him in 2020 than for Clinton in 2016. Trump defeated himself.

For the life of me I just don't understand why people simply do not understand the basic difference between Republicans and Democrats.

Let me start with a basic broad description that I am going to expand on. Democrats are thoughtful and prudent which makes them in the main risk averse. Republicans are the opposite. They are not at all risk averse. Willing to risk the Republic for their view of Privilege and WASP dominance of the country as a whole for example. This is what sits at the heart of 1/6 and the rest of the coup plot around it. In a nutshell, Republicans want what they want and they don't care how much of what we hold dear they risk to get it.

This is also what led to the massive hubris of Dick Cheney, John Bolton and Donald Rumsfeld in dragging IDIOT and painfully weak President 43 into Iraq2 under false pretenses. The Bush 43 administration was one of the worst combinations of Republican ineptitude in government imaginable. A weak and stupid President mated to an extremely aggressive and risk averse VP with an entire administrative apparatus willing to march to the tune of the VP. Bush for his part was happy to go along. He would have his war......the thing any GOP President of the later 20th and the 21st Century needs to secure his legacy.

Notice if you will how many Republicans run around doing nothing like the jobs of their administrative offices or elected positions. The current list is longer than my arm. No different during the Bush 43 days. Chaney was VP but was really the Chief Executive of foreign affairs since Bush 43 did not want that job. John Bolton was UN Ambassador but spent more time plotting with Cheney and securing allies at State for what they wanted to do. Rumsfeld as SecDev controlled Defense and the DNI. The DNI was a new position in American Administrations and the DNI was simply trying to find a way forward in a newly established position. Putty in the hands of experienced pros like Cheney, Bolton and Rumsfeld. Rumsfeld controlled the DNI. Cheney controlled CIA. Bolton lined up allies in the diplomatic corp.

I have been called to task in this forum for calling Iraq2 a giant mistake on the part of the US, mainly from people that simply do not understand what I meant. It was a tremendous mistake to drag the United States into a war in Iraq intending to decapitate the Iraqi head of state not over WMD's but because Cheney, Bolton and Rumsfeld believed it would benefit the West to destabilize the ME even more than it was already. That was a horrible decision on their part. a mistake of epic proportions brought on by hubris and the usual modern day Republican tendency to not be at all risk averse.

They had no exit strategy for Iraq2 because they didn't need one. They did not know who would come out on top in the ME after they scrambled the eggs in Iraq. Would Iran try to take advantage of the situation and attack Iraq once we got out of there? That was probably Cheney/Bolton/Rumsfeld's wet dream of an outcome. Would Iraq simply be off the map as a country they had to worry about whether Iran attacked or not? Would Iraq in the throws of it civil agony turn to the US to control it including controlling its oil assets? Of course the war provided a wonderful opportunity to clean out Islamic terrorists lurking in Iraq, a side benefit as far as Cheney was concerned.

They wound up their Sec of State, Colin Powell, filled his head full of lies and sent him down to the UN to sell the whole WMD story to the UN. I will bet half the Americans that heard Tony Blinken's recent address at the UN regarding Ukraine had no earthly idea what he was talking about when he said "But let me be clear: I am here today, not to start a war, but to prevent one.". That was Blinken stating to the UN for this administration that this administration knew that US rationalizations for Iraq2 were all lies. That Powell had sat in Blinken's seat and simply spit out the lies told him by Cheney. That was Blinken pleading with the world to recognize that we knew we were way out over skis in Iraq2 and that THIS was not that all over again. In truth, the world recognized what Iraq2 was while we mired in our political mess really still in some ways do not get it and won't acknowledge to ourselves what that war was really about.

It is worth remembering that while Afghanistan is not in the ME, we basically pulled up stakes in Afghanistan to go fight in Iraq, leaving Afghanistan to the Taliban and leaving the US to a counter-insurgency effort. That worked out now didn't it.

The real political grinding of gears in this country is that the DEM's can be depended on to try to come to a studied and prudent, sometimes pragmatic choice mostly cleaning up the messes left them by Republicans. While the DEM's are pondering, the GOP will rush full steam ahead like a bull in a china shop. You decide which you think serves the country best.

Last edited:
They are continually improving their brainwashing techniques.

Makes you wonder what the next stage is, doesn't it?
Not really. I think they have plenty and are gradually taking over more than enough people.

With the worst candidate in the history of the country, they won. With his mishandling of the virus, 30,000 lies, impeachment and so on and the terrible Congress, while the Democrats offered far better government, they still nearly won and got 50 Senators and 4 short of the House expected to take it in 2022. They're on track to take power, and when they do, it's expected they'll do a lot to not let it go again.

Not really. I think they have plenty and are gradually taking over more than enough people.

With the worst candidate in the history of the country, they won. With his mishandling of the virus, 30,000 lies, impeachment and so on and the terrible Congress, while the Democrats offered far better government, they still nearly won and got 50 Senators and 4 short of the House expected to take it in 2022. They're on track to take power, and when they do, it's expected they'll do a lot to not let it go again.
End of the country as we know it if they do.

End of the country as we know it if they do.
Odds are pretty high they're going to be able to get the House and block Democrats even more until 2025, and who knows for 2024.

What you are ignoring is...

The massive amount of evidence of election fraud in the 2020 election.

The use of the Steele Dossier as an attempt to damage Trump both before the election and after the election.

This isn't about "what people want to here". It's about reality and attempts to cover up that reality.
Independents decided the election, not fraud. If you look at how independents voted along with how independents viewed Trump. His unfavorable numbers, they matchup nicely. In 2016, Trump had a 57% unfavorable among independents, they gave him 46% of their vote. In 2018, 58% of independents view Trump unfavorably, they voted for the democratic congressional candidates 54-42 over the GOP congressional candidates. In 2020, 60% of independents had a negative view of Trump, they went for Biden 54-41.

The thing is if Trump wasn’t matched up against Hillary Clinton who at that time was viewed 70% unfavorable by independents, chances are Trump would have been at around 40% instead of 46%. Keep in mind 12% of independents voted third party in 2016 against both Clinton and Trump. The unfavorable view of independents toward Trump match up nicely with his vote total from independents.

The truth of the matter, Trump defeated Trump, not Biden.

Odds are pretty high they're going to be able to get the House and block Democrats even more until 2025, and who knows for 2024.
It's sad and depressing.

Can you point out a mountain or two? And of course, can you explain why Trump, of all politicians in US history, has so often been victim of rigged elections? Why is he so jinxed?
Of course I could...but why bother? You don't care.

It is not just the Big Lie, but any dishonest behavior, both verbal and nonverbal, that Republicans refuse to condemn . . . only when their fake god Trump the Terrorist and his best friends (like Con DeSatan and Vladimir Poopin) do it. They never praised John Kasich for being a true American patriot with a conservative ideology because he is, my username: a patriotic voter. John McCain also was a true patriot, having been a POW in North Vietnam and temporarily voted with the Democrats. If any of the Trumpublicans liked him when he was against the evil dictator, they certainly are not on this forum.

Like I have stated many times, the only reason people ever remotely liked Trump the Terrorist is his Satanic personality. If they cared even a little bit about the issues none of them would have voted for the former Democrat who ran for President as a Republican just to beat Hillary Clinton in the worst way possible.

Last edited:
Desperate people buy into propaganda, like free stuff and all that.

FoxNews, NewsMax, OANN, ZeroHedge, and nameless other conspiracy theory nuts have been rather successful at spreading the big lie *all* without evidence.

Why are Republicans so willing to accept the big lie without evidence?​

Could be any of the following:

They are gullible and ignorant, not interested in evidence.....their new Jesus has spoken

They are desperate to keep a racist liar in control of our country....they can relate

They do what they are told and put party over country and care nothing about the country, fellow Americans, our constitution or our democracy

They are anti-American nutters and inbreds, and want a piece of shit in the White House to best represent them

They are a dying breed and are desperate to live in the past and Make America White Again, like their bloated traitor promised

They are weak, spineless cowards and will believe anything if drunk on KoolAid and bloated of red meat

They are selfish and greedy. The politicians are only thinking of their bank accounts and their political careers, the supporting stooges don't know what to think, they are mindless followers, want to belong to a club, have a friend who is a rightwing nutter like they are

They are in love with their guns and their bibles, and seething with hate for people of color, gay people, non-Christians, etc.

Luckily not all republicans are willing to accept the Big Lie, but they need to speak up and stand up for our country and our democracy during these trying times. Much respect to those who have walked away from the Trump Party, Trump Cult Party, Trump Klan Party, GQP. We need two healthy parties to move forward, the current republican party is dying quickly, on unreliable life support.

Democrats claimed that Russia interfered in the 2016 election by releasing disinformation on Facebook and social media.
The Central Intelligence Agency, the National Security Agency, the F.B.I. and the Office of the Director of National Intelligence concluded with "high confidence" that the Russians interfered in the 2016 election in favor of Trump.

Last edited:
Can the GOP break its addiction to show biz? | The Hill
Tucker always has that "Oops! I just misjudged another fart" look on his face for some odd reason.

My question is, why are they so broken on the basic rational issue? Why aren't they even considering, even asking questions about evidence, even saying anything about the possibility if he's lying?
Sadly, humans need to learn how to think critically. That's one of the great challenges and goals of education.

Many never do.

Up until a few decades ago, both major US political parties recognized that dealing with the facts, regardless with how those facts fell, was the responsible thing to do.

Then the Republican Party realized that facts largely didn't favor their policies. So they started changing the facts and lying to their supporters. And it worked!

FoxNews, NewsMax, OANN, ZeroHedge, and nameless other conspiracy theory nuts have been rather successful at spreading the big lie *all* without evidence.
as well as Cnn, MSNBC, HuffPo and others who cater.

Well, we have an easier battle protecting our democracy than a lot of people do trying to get one.
Less physically violent, yes. Easier? I don't see a way to win this do you?

Less physically violent, yes. Easier? I don't see a way to win this do you?
We can win it much more easily than countries can overthrow existing authoritarian regimes - which some have remarkably, including Ukraine - or we can if we have to try to defeat the Republicans once they're in power. We need to build a broad coalition of pro-democracy Americans, which means progressives and centrists need to continue to ally and recruit independents. We need to contain the radicals to the third they have.

Up until a few decades ago, both major US political parties recognized that dealing with the facts, regardless with how those facts fell, was the responsible thing to do.

Then the Republican Party realized that facts largely didn't favor their policies. So they started changing the facts and lying to their supporters. And it worked!
I don't remember Republicans ever being good at facts, but they weren't at war nearly like they are now.

They are now nothing but a plutocratic force using mass propaganda with democracy their enemy. That's all they are. Without meaning it hyperbolically, there's something in common with the Nazis who kept running in elections until they won and then no more elections.

Reactions: jpn
Back
Top Bottom