• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who will win the House?

Who will win the House?

• Republicans will retain control

Votes: 9 13.8%
  • Democrats will take control

Votes: 43 66.2%
  • I don't know

Votes: 13 20.0%
  • Other answer posted in the thread

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that one of the major problems with the polls in 2016 was miscalculation relating to electoral college vote. In particular, 538's methodology was heavily weighted toward overall vote totals rather than concentrated on the electoral college numbers.

No electoral college in the midterms, which should simplify the statistics. But this is a new era- and the results tend to support the statistics in early voting, but not so much on the day of.

Rain? Which party benefits from rain? Probably neither.
Are GOP voters less likely to talk to the polsters than dem voters? Probably.

I don't see a red wave coming (unfortunatly), but I don't predict a blue wave either. I predict Dems will take the house but barely and GOP will retain the Senate.

Also- you will see Trump coming across the aisle immediately to pick up dem voters in the house. There will probably be no wall funding in the next two years unless it happens in the lame duck (which it can't because they would still need 60 votes in the Senate for cloture, which they can't get). And we will probably start talking a lot about infrastructure as Trump can bring dems on board with that and use it for more accomplishments to tout in 2020. My two cents.

Democrats take control of the House.
Republicans probably retain control of the Senate, but possibly not if enough democrat turnout shows up.

I expect some democratic senator candidates to lose because they're running in the same old way.

Democrats take control of the House.
Republicans probably retain control of the Senate, but possibly not if enough democrat turnout shows up.

I expect some democratic senator candidates to lose because they're running in the same old way.

I am more optimistic about Democratic chances

Arizona, Nevada, Tennessee and Texas are up for grabs, with the possibility of Mississippi’s special election going to a runoff.

The only numbers that matter are the actual number of votes for each candidate, not polls. Polls have been known to be wrong the majority of the time, so they don't mean anything, at this moment in time.

A month ago, I was certain that Dems would take the House and Reps would keep the Senate.

Watching the polling narrow and looking at the areas involved with historically high early voting turnout, I'm starting to think that the Rs keep the House.

I am more optimistic about Democratic chances

Arizona, Nevada, Tennessee and Texas are up for grabs, with the possibility of Mississippi’s special election going to a runoff.

Texas is not up for grabs. Beto doesn't have a chance in hell.

That said it's not stopping the " Get Out the Vote " people from going full Gestapo.....
IMG_20181105_163939.jpg

Dream on ;) The Democrats have just sunk $70,000,000.00 on a fools errand.

^^^ Trump's golfing costs billed to American taxpayers? :golf:eek: <---- U.S. taxpayers

Dems for the House.

Republicans will keep control of the Senate.

Beto will lose, but Cruz be pooping in his pants for a while longer.:lamo

Georgia will be interesting. It certainly is getting ugly....Bush campaign push polling about McCain's illegitimate black child kind of ugly.

Wouldn't even pretend to know what they will do in Florida,.

I'm not sure about the House the Dems and pollsters seem to think the Dems will take the house but they thought Hillary would easily beat Trump. I just don't think pollsters are as accurate in the days of caller ID and cellphones.

Texas is not up for grabs. Beto doesn't have a chance in hell.

That said it's not stopping the " Get Out the Vote " people from going full Gestapo.....
View attachment 67243707

Disagreed that "Beto doesn't have a chance in hell", but I will agree he'll lose. What's fascinating is that the margin is so close. Why do you think public records are "full Gestapo"? Do you think our government should keep more secrets? Remember that when the Liberals are in charge.

Who care as log as the Democrats paid for it. :lamo

At least you acknowledge Democrats pay more in taxes than the gubmint tit sucking Neo-Cons. :lol:

Disagreed that "Beto doesn't have a chance in hell", but I will agree he'll lose. What's fascinating is that the margin is so close. Why do you think public records are "full Gestapo"? Do you think our government should keep more secrets? Remember that when the Liberals are in charge.
Hey don't bother voting this year I have it covered for you this year. :)

If Beto wins, that will be the story of the night.

Hey don't bother voting this year I have it covered for you this year. :)

Too late, but I can see why you'd want to let Putin do it for us. That's how people like you roll, isn't it? Completely trust Trump and crap all over anyone who disagrees? Sorry, but I can't believe you are a true Texan.

View attachment 67243710

Tomorrow ....

DrQsiaZXQAAmi1D.jpg:large

LOL, no ****!...but I strongly doubt he'll win. Again, what's most remarkable is how close he came. Maybe next time the Democrats will score. It depends.
You don't know how close he came until the vote is in.

LOL, no ****!...but I strongly doubt he'll win. Again, what's most remarkable is how close he came. Maybe next time the Democrats will score. It depends.

I think the factors of this election favor Beto’s chances.

Ted Cruz is not exactly the most popular political figure in Texas politics and not all republicans are necessary in favor of him.

Also, Beto has been relentless in his get out the vote efforts.

I think Beto can win.

Too late, but I can see why you'd want to let Putin do it for us. That's how people like you roll, isn't it? Completely trust Trump and crap all over anyone who disagrees? Sorry, but I can't believe you are a true Texan.

View attachment 67243710

What a strange taste you have in your pin-up girls ... :lol:

View attachment 67243710
Why is Putin paying Clinton $500,000 for a 60 minute lecture again. Oh waith that isn't possible since Hillary didn't win and has no political power. Hey I'd think about switching my vote for her.

True Texan through and through my great great, great grand father and one of his sons were Texas rangers who fought at San Jacinto and helped capture Santa Anna.

Back
Top Bottom