• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who remembers the watergate scandal? Who remembers the Iran/contra scandal?

Okie dokey. You also obviously don't care about facts or the truth. You make a perfect trump supporter.
That response is a mixture of projection and TDS.

I think Nixon in that case deserved the title of traitor. Going behind the back of a sitting president to talk with the enemy while we are at war. It's no wonder the gop has fallen so far they support a person like trump. The years haven't aged the gop well at all.

You present evidence that the most significant scandal of the century is not even commonly known.

The double standard continues. The media accuses Republicans and excuses Democrats, in this case to the point of apologetics.

She admitted to crimes on national media. So, it's not possible there wasn't a crime.

Compare Gen Flynn who actually did not commit a crime, which we know from declassified FBI files. Knowing him to be innocent, DoJ still prosecuted.

Another swing and a miss. General Flynn plead guilty twice in open court and actively cooperated with the government. So the General who ran the DIA was too dumb realize he was innocent the entire time? Barr went above and beyond to interject and history will show how pathetic Barr’s second tenure was performing as Trump’s personal fixer.

Again, why did Flynn receive a Presidential pardon? He was innocent, right?

The FBI like all domestic law enforcement agencies conducts investigations and utilizes legal orders to do so. They aren’t spies nor do the “spy”, Barr used that very language to begin his bidding for Trump.

History

If you like it, it's far left
I have never been accused of being far left, but if that's your story, stick to it.

Another swing and a miss.
Go for it. We know from declassified files that the prosecutor knew genuinely innocent but pushed forward in spite of that.

General Flynn plead guilty twice in open court and actively cooperated with the government.
Coerced confessions are old hat in some places. We used to think that USA was above such tactics.

Strike one against you.

So the General who ran the DIA was too dumb realize he was innocent the entire time?
Silly. Strike two.

Barr went above and beyond to interject and history will show how pathetic Barr’s second tenure was performing as Trump’s personal fixer.
Strike three. You're out.

Flynn was innocent but the DoJ prosecuted anyway. The Judge had proof of his innocence and tried to keep it out of the record.

Again, why did Flynn receive a Presidential pardon? He was innocent, right?
Correct.

The FBI like all domestic law enforcement agencies conducts investigations and utilizes legal orders to do so.
Most often this is true. We have some notable exceptions.

They aren’t spies nor do the “spy”,
They are not spies by trade, but they can easily spy. All it requires is a disregard for procedure, the law, and the Constitution.

Barr used that very language to begin his bidding for Trump.
State the facts from the very beginning.

Work on your base because your attempt was weak. You didn't come close to putting the ball in play.

I have never been accused of being far left, but if that's your story, stick to it.

Go for it. We know from declassified files that the prosecutor knew genuinely innocent but pushed forward in spite of that.

Coerced confessions are old hat in some places. We used to think that USA was above such tactics.

Strike one against you.

Silly. Strike two.

Strike three. You're out.

Flynn was innocent but the DoJ prosecuted anyway. The Judge had proof of his innocence and tried to keep it out of the record.

Correct.

Most often this is true. We have some notable exceptions.

They are not spies by trade, but they can easily spy. All it requires is a disregard for procedure, the law, and the Constitution.

State the facts from the very beginning.

Work on your base because your attempt was weak. You didn't come close to putting the ball in play.

Flynn plead guilty and cooperated, they used his cooperation to prosecute his business partner. I have read all it and for you to pretend what I have stated isn’t factual is comical. You are calling strikes and your bias wouldn’t allow you in the ballpark.

Barr begged Donny for the job and did Donny’s bidding.

Watergate was a small blunder blown up into a large scandal. The same thing happened on a much larger scale in 2015 and it passed almost unnoticed. In contrast, Iran/Contra was very serious, more serious than even the Whitewater coverup.

Of the four, Watergate is the most famous and the least worrisome. Its much more recent counterpart, the FBI spying on the Trump campaign in 2015, is the most troubling because it involves the use of law enforcement for illegal activities. yet, it is by far the least well-known or understood. Iran/Contra is next down because it also used official government apparatus, but it was in a foreign environment and not against US citizens. Whitewater, or more properly, the coverup is a masterclass in how to admit to felonies and get away with it.

"During Sunday's rally held in Henderson, Nevada, Trump claimed, without a scrap of evidence, that former President Obama “got caught spying on my campaign.”

“We certainly didn’t see any evidence of that in the FBI’s files or the department’s files,” Inspector General Michael Horowitz said under oath at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on his report regarding surveillance of the 2016 presidential campaign."

And how is the Durham report going?

When Nixon and Haldeman agreed to have the CIA tell the FBI to quit, it was like trump making appointments to the DOD, DOJ, in December of 2020.

Your post is evaluating different events in history. As long as you admit it's just your opinion, that's fine.

I appreciate your post above and I just want to say it out loud for anyone who won't click to read it all,
Our allies were the South Vietnamese. Nixon sent Anna Chenault to South Vietnam and told them don't agree now,. " wait until after the election and Nixon will get you a better deal.."

That's how dirty and underhanded Nixon was and I still swear trump is 4 X worse .
( @bongsaway )
( @j brown's body )

Flynn plead guilty and cooperated, they used his cooperation to prosecute his business partner.
You know that Flynn was innocent. You know that the confession was coerced. Yt, you find these points to be more important. Why?

I have read all it and for you to pretend what I have stated isn’t factual is comical.
I give you facts. They are not relevant facts, but they are facts

You are calling strikes and your bias wouldn’t allow you in the ballpark.
100% projection.

The DoJ knows that a person is innocent yet does not drop the case. yet your bias does not allow you tofind that troubling.

Barr begged Donny for the job and did Donny’s bidding.
Speaking of bias, Trump was not part of this conversation until you brought him up, and now this. You cannot post without gratuitous insults.

"During Sunday's rally held in Henderson, Nevada, Trump claimed, without a scrap of evidence, that former President Obama “got caught spying on my campaign.”
Correctly so, as it turned out.

“We certainly didn’t see any evidence of that in the FBI’s files or the department’s files,” Inspector General Michael Horowitz said under oath at a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing on his report regarding surveillance of the 2016 presidential campaign."
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tommyb...d-on-2016-campaign-elicits-lock-him-up-chant/
Do you mean the scathing report for massive procedural violations, the one where he could not prosecute criminal behavior or investigate anything outside the Bureau, that one? No wonder it seemed like ass covering.

And how is the Durham report going?
I don't have any information other than a couple of indictments.

When Nixon and Haldeman agreed to have the CIA tell the FBI to quit, it was like trump making appointments to the DOD, DOJ, in December of 2020.
In what universe?

Your post is evaluating different events in history. As long as you admit it's just your opinion, that's fine.
Hardly. Flynn was innocent. This is a documented fact. The Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign. This is a documented fact. Is there anything else of importance here?

Last edited:
You know that Flynn was innocent. You know that the confession was coerced. Yt, you find these points to be more important. Why?

100% projection.

The DoJ knows that a person is innocent yet does not drop the case. yet your bias does not allow you tofind that troubling.

Speaking of bias, Trump was not part of this conversation until you brought him up, and now this. You cannot post without gratuitous insults.

You cannot talk about Flynn without Barr. Flynn knew he was caught and that is why he plead guilty in open court twice and cooperated with the government in order to get a better deal. All of these things are material facts. How many innocent persons get a Presidential pardon?

Over 1800 DOJ professionals agree with me, you have Barr.

You cannot talk about Flynn without Barr.
Sure you can. The FBI notes stating that Flynn appeared to be innocent long predate Barr's appointment.

Flynn knew he was caught
You are interjecting your opinion as fact. You have substantial evidence to the contrary.

and that is why he plead guilty in open court twice and cooperated with the government in order to get a better deal.
You are willing to ignore exculpatory evidence that came to light after the plea and to ignore the coercive measures used to obtain the plea. That's some nasty shit you are brushing aside.

All of these things are material facts.
I led you to the facts but I cannot force you to think.

How many innocent persons get a Presidential pardon?
Hopefully as many as the President is aware. A pardon cuts a lot of red tape.

Over 1800 DOJ professionals agree with me, you have Barr.
So long as I get the guy with the facts, I'm good with that. It's a lot less egregious than ignoring exculpatory evidence.

I was only about 6 during Watergate and I do remember much of it. I was in college during the Iran-Contra scandal.

As a joke I remember my sisters buying this coloring book for my dad, who was a Republican.

Some guy kept that book in pristine condition for 50 years and wants $20 for it?
Why bother?

Sure you can. The FBI notes stating that Flynn appeared to be innocent long predate Barr's appointment.

You are interjecting your opinion as fact. You have substantial evidence to the contrary.

You are willing to ignore exculpatory evidence that came to light after the plea and to ignore the coercive measures used to obtain the plea. That's some nasty shit you are brushing aside.

I led you to the facts but I cannot force you to think.

Hopefully as many as the President is aware. A pardon cuts a lot of red tape.

So long as I get the guy with the facts, I'm good with that. It's a lot less egregious than ignoring exculpatory evidence.

Ah the notes, you meant the one random sentence, but you ignore the other 99% of evidence. You forget Flynn lied to Pence and was told to resign. That lie is what opened this all up.

Let’s play your bs game, Flynn plead guilty twice in open court and admitted and stated he takes FULL RESPONSIBILITY for his crime, so did Flynn commit perjury?

Ah, please don’t forget the Kracken lawyer herself represented Flynn. That is comical
Read a bit.

Ah the notes, you meant the one random sentence, but you ignore the other 99% of evidence. You forget Flynn lied to Pence and was told to resign. That lie is what opened this all up.
No, the notes of the interviewer accompanying the memo to close the case.

Let’s play your bs game, Flynn plead guilty twice in open court and admitted and stated he takes FULL RESPONSIBILITY for his crime, so did Flynn commit perjury?
It's your game. You insist that a guilty plea, even a coerced one, outweighs the evidence. I'm sticking with the facts.

Ah, please don’t forget the Kracken lawyer herself represented Flynn. That is comical
Read a bit.
Have you read this article? It does not help your position and it's clearly slanted against Flynn.

Some guy kept that book in pristine condition for 50 years and wants $20 for it?
Why bother?
It was the only example of the book that I could find. I'm not interested in buying it.

No, the notes of the interviewer accompanying the memo to close the case.

It's your game. You insist that a guilty plea, even a coerced one, outweighs the evidence. I'm sticking with the facts.

Have you read this article? It does not help your position and it's clearly slanted against Flynn.

I read the article and it absolutely agrees with what I have stated. No one, including his counsel has ever stated his guilty plea was coerced, hence when he testified before the court he was freely pleading guilty and took for responsibility for his actions. Flynn never made that argument, I guess you didn’t read the linked piece.

So,again, you are saying Flynn committed perjury.

Barr was a joke and The Flynn case was example #1.

100% projection.

Correctly so, as it turned out.

Do you mean the scathing report for massive procedural violations, the one where he could not prosecute criminal behavior or investigate anything outside the Bureau, that one? No wonder it seemed like ass covering.

I don't have any information other than a couple of indictments.

In what universe?

Hardly. Flynn was innocent. This is a documented fact. The Obama administration spied on the Trump campaign. This is a documented fact. Is there anything else of importance here?

Everything you post is fake news. You have a weird idea of what a fact is.

I read the article and it absolutely agrees with what I have stated. No one, including his counsel has ever stated his guilty plea was coerced, hence when he testified before the court he was freely pleading guilty and took for responsibility for his actions. Flynn never made that argument, I guess you didn’t read the linked piece.

What happened was that:
The government showed the Flynn the evidence they had and said it would be sufficient to convict him.
He agreed and pled guilty. He did not contest it.
But then the DOJ found evidence that would tend to undercut their case. Also, the DOJ released the actual transcript of the recording (the actual evidence of the allegation which Flynn had previously not examined) which also tends to show he didn't quite say what had been alleged.

Ethical prosecutors are required to have a reasonable belief that a reasonable jury would convict in order to bring charges. They can't just throw mud on the wall and see what sticks.
As such, Barr quite properly dropped the charges.

The numbers don't lie. And these numbers don't include what's going on under trump's reign of error.

View attachment 67390979
You can't fight hard data - but wait - I'm gong to read your thread and am looking forward to some weapons grade level Republican tap dancing!!!! :)

The article is about how Flynn's lawyers claimed prosecutor misconduct. If you are going to lie about something that basic, why bother?

Everything you post is fake news. You have a weird idea of what a fact is.
Not at all. A fact is something independently verifiable.

It's funny you should mention fake news. You seem to be an echo chamber regular.

The article is about how Flynn's lawyers claimed prosecutor misconduct. If you are going to lie about something that basic, why bother?

Not at all. A fact is something independently verifiable.

It's funny you should mention fake news. You seem to be an echo chamber regular.

Yes a fact is something independently verifiable. So why don't you find one?

Yes a fact is something independently verifiable. So why don't you find one?
I just did, and you confirmed it. ;)

Why don't you broaden your sources? If you are not routinely reading sources you disagree with, then you aren't getting it all.

I just did, and you confirmed it. ;)

Why don't you broaden your sources? If you are not routinely reading sources you disagree with, then you aren't getting it all.

I sent you a link to Forbes, but you can't understand it. How's that for sources I " disagree with" ?

You will tell any lie that you think helps the trump. And your absurd one liner turnarounds are funny to me, like trying to fool me into the opposite of the truth, like this: I just did, and you confirmed it"
That means to me that you have to say the opposite because you don't have any idea what to really say .

Jump in a lake Jay

Back
Top Bottom