• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is Top Contributor to Civilization?

Which race is Top Contributor to Civilization?

• Indigenous South Pacifica Islanders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Sumerians and Egyptians started civilization as we know it, and India followed thereafter. Then you get to the Greeks.
Civilization emerged independently all over the world. Not sure playing firsts as far as that’s concerned means anything.

Civilization emerged independently all over the world. Not sure playing firsts as far as that’s concerned means anything.
It depends on what we're talking about. Civilization in the European/Asian sense has a common root in ancient Sumeria and Egypt. Independent civilizations would be the Americas, South Pacific Islands and sub-Saharan Africa.

"When the last century ended, humans could not even fly. In the 20th century, the human race went to the moon and began to explore the stars."
The San Francisco Chronicle

Which "Subspecies" of the Human Race is the top contributor to "Civilization" in areas such as discoveries, exploration, the arts, inventions, technology, transportation, architecture, farming, healthcare and overall quality of life?

I'm sure we all know of great accomplishments by all six but only one can be the absolute most accomplished?

For those of you not afraid of "Race" classification...

Race Definition
(1) Any one of the groups that humans are often divided into based on physical traits regarded as common among people of shared ancestry.
(2) A group of people sharing a common cultural, geographical, linguistic, or religious origin or background.
(3) The descendants of a common ancestor : a group sharing a common lineage.
(4) A group within a species that is distinguishable (as morphologically, genetically, or behaviorally) from others of the same species.

Since your poll question does not include an adjustment factor for the availability of resources, your question is meaningless (to anyone other than someone who is pushing the "White Folks are the superior race." line, of course).

Since your poll question does not include an adjustment factor for the availability of resources, your question is meaningless (to anyone other than someone who is pushing the "White Folks are the superior race." line, of course).
Basically it was a question of who was going to weaponize gunpowder first? At that point it was game over. Well, until now.

The Aztecs and other meso Americans contributed nothing to overall human advancement, they were brutal cannabalistic savages. They hadn’t even reached the cultural and technological level of ancient Babylon when the Spanish discovered them. So I’m not sure what accomplishments you refer to.

There’s a reason the Indians in Mexico largely fell in line, learned Spanish, converted to Catholicism (well they converted because Mary herself appeared to Juan Diego) and willingly assisted the Spanish in building Mexico City.
Life for normal Indians who were not Aztec elites improved under Spanish rule
I thought you were a Christian. Do you know what the story of the Garden of Eden means?

"When the last century ended, humans could not even fly. In the 20th century, the human race went to the moon and began to explore the stars."
The San Francisco Chronicle

Which "Subspecies" of the Human Race is the top contributor to "Civilization" in areas such as discoveries, exploration, the arts, inventions, technology, transportation, architecture, farming, healthcare and overall quality of life?

I'm sure we all know of great accomplishments by all six but only one can be the absolute most accomplished?

For those of you not afraid of "Race" classification...

Race Definition
(1) Any one of the groups that humans are often divided into based on physical traits regarded as common among people of shared ancestry.
(2) A group of people sharing a common cultural, geographical, linguistic, or religious origin or background.
(3) The descendants of a common ancestor : a group sharing a common lineage.
(4) A group within a species that is distinguishable (as morphologically, genetically, or behaviorally) from others of the same species.
Since civilization starts with agriculture you'd have to look at where agriculture was first practiced. My guess is the middle East.
There's no such thing as a sub-species of human beings. Or, more accurately, we are all the same sub-species.

I think the Spanish murdering the shit out of them might have had something to do with it.
Imagine the effect the sight of a man clad in chainmail and heavy leather, armed with steel, on a horses back, had on those people?

I think extra-terrestrial aliens were the top contributors to civilization. I wonder if they regret it now. which is why they keep flying in, then shake their little milky heads and fly away again. Thanks!!

Middle aged white American incels have contributed the most to complaining about everything online. When you step back and look at their impact, it's truly stunning.

Imagine the effect the sight of a man clad in chainmail and heavy leather, armed with steel, on a horses back, had on those people?
I’m guessing the primary effect was to die of smallpox.

I have to assume that effect was ephemeral.
Yeah, but it was impressive enough to allow Cortez to enlist thousands of allies from the people the Aztecs had been ruling over and receiving tribute from for years.

I think the Spanish murdering the shit out of them might have had something to do with it.
Largely they did not though. The vast majority of Indians in all of the Americas who died, died of diseases. The ones who were killed, we are largely upper class indians. It was the people engaging in human sacrifice and slave trading in the lake who would get executed by the Spanish, and largely because they would attempt to revolt against the Spaniards. The vast majority of Indian saw their lives get better under Spanish colonization.

Also, the Indians who converted to Catholicism did not convert because of threats. The Catholic Church had established for centuries at this point that one cannot be baptized against their will. Rather it was because the Virgin Mary appeared to a peasant boy named Juan Diego, And performed a variety of miracles, like covering the hill at Tepayuc with Castillian roses

Largely they did not though. The vast majority of Indians in all of the Americas who died, died of diseases. The ones who were killed, we are largely upper class indians. It was the people engaging in human sacrifice and slave trading in the lake who would get executed by the Spanish, and largely because they would attempt to revolt against the Spaniards. The vast majority of Indian saw their lives get better under Spanish colonization.

Also, the Indians who converted to Catholicism did not convert because of threats. The Catholic Church had established for centuries at this point that one cannot be baptized against their will. Rather it was because the Virgin Mary appeared to a peasant boy named Juan Diego.
Yes, and the dinosaurs’ lives were improved by the asteroid.

Yes, and the dinosaurs’ lives were improved by the asteroid.
Sir, this is not a productive discussion if you are ignorant.

I thought you were a Christian. Do you know what the story of the Garden of Eden means?
Yes, I know what it means and it’s not the Neopagan metaphor nonsense that you tell it as.

Your post got the response it deserved.
No, it would be nice at some point if someone could make an argument based off of history. But since your arguments are based off of political nonsense, you instead of made up a false history either out of ignorance or malice

No, it would be nice at some point if someone could make an argument based off of history. But since your arguments are based off of political nonsense, you instead of made up a false history either out of ignorance or malice
Okay…historically speaking…we’re the lives of the dinosaurs improved by the asteroid?

Okay…historically speaking…we’re the lives of the dinosaurs improved by the asteroid?
We are not talking about the dinosaurs. Which is why you are being so dishonest

Yes, I know what it means and it’s not the Neopagan metaphor nonsense that you tell it is.
Adam and Eve were uncivilized primitives, right? In a state of innocence. They lost that state when they learned the difference between good and evil, right? That's the story in a nutshell. After they lost their state of innocence their sons became agriculturalists. Cain was a planter, Able a herder.
That's literally exactly what Genesis says.

Adam and Eve were uncivilized primitives, right? In a state of innocence. They lost that state when they learned the difference between good and evil, right? That's the story in a nutshell. After they lost their state of innocence their sons became agriculturalists. Cain was a planter, Able a herder.
That's literally exactly what Genesis says.

I’m not accepting your grafting of Rousseau into the book of Genesis. You are inferring meaning not stated. It is an account of the creation of man.

Back
Top Bottom