• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is Top Contributor to Civilization?

Which race is Top Contributor to Civilization?

• Indigenous South Pacifica Islanders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
no they didn’t, they happened to migrate to areas where those crops existed, but their agriculture was primitive. If you can show the Indians selectively bred corn into a major crop then I’d accept that, but all of their crops from corn to tobacco were very weak and didn’t grow productively until Europeans applied their agricultural knowledge to them.
Native Americans selectively bred a grass plant over thousands of years into one whose seeds were their primary food long before the Europeans arrived. It kept the early settlers of Virginia from starving, and trading for it was their highest priority.

Life or death
Soon after landing in the New World, Spanish scouts in Cuba noted vast tracts of land sown with corn.
“(They found) a sort of grain they call Maize,” Christopher Columbus wrote, “which was well tasted when baked or dried and made into flour.”
A century later, English colonist Thomas Harriot described the same agricultural super dominance in the Algonquin Indian fields that rose up near the doomed lost colony in North Carolina.
Corn ranked as the first “sustenance of man’s life,” he wrote in “A Brief and True Report of the New Found Land of Virginia,” where he extolled the native grain over English wheat for the diversity of dishes it provided — plus its higher yield and far less demand on labor.

1626855735680.png

the Chinese invented gun powder in a primitive form, but never used it for anything other then fireworks. And some primitive weapons that were never perfected for use. Also there is very little to no evidence Europeans got gunpowder from the Chinese, and they may well have developed it independently.
Not true. Extensive evidence of gun powder being used for military weapons here:

And it's introduction into Europe came with the Mongol invasion of Europe, although they did not begin using it for cannon until later.
Although gunpowder was known in Europe during the High Middle Ages due to the usage of guns and explosives by the Mongols and the Chinese firearms experts employed by the Mongols as mercenaries during the Mongol conquests of Europe, it was not until the Late Middle Ages that European versions of cannons were widely ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki

Gunpowder artillery in the Middle Ages - Wikipedia

not Algebra, Algebra was first developed in Ancient Greece. And the mathematical concepts within algebra were well known in Europe before the Muslims learned it, from Greek mathematicians. This is a common lie made by modern anti-white, anti Christian “intellectuals” to make “brown Muslims” seem like they were smarter.
Yes, Algebra. Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi, a Persian in Baghdad wrote the book and coined the term Algebra in the 800's. The Greek Diophantus developed a geometric algebra earlier. Math builds on earlier theory.

"they” didn’t “give” coffee. The coffee lives in that area already and would if no humans were there.

They cultivated and traded it.

The iron smelting is weird too, because basic research indicates the first known ironworks were in a Hittite kingdom in the modern day Turkey and not Sub Saharan Africa.

Seems they developed it around the same time--2,000 b.c.

The Polynesians were master navigators however
Yes, but they didn't teach navigation to the world. Other people knew about boats, as well.

Is that a joke?

Rice, corn and wheat feed most of the world and corn has been grown in Africa and China for many thousands of years.

No. It's well known that corn is native to the Americas. See my post to EMN.

Native Americans selectively bred a grass plant over thousands of years into one whose seeds were their primary food long before the Europeans arrived. It kept the early settlers of Virginia from starving, and trading for it was their highest priority.
yeah, but the Indians didn’t develop it. There merely foraged for it.
A
Life or death
Soon after landing in the New World, Spanish scouts in Cuba noted vast tracts of land sown with corn.
“(They found) a sort of grain they call Maize,” Christopher Columbus wrote, “which was well tasted when baked or dried and made into flour.”
A century later, English colonist Thomas Harriot described the same agricultural super dominance in the Algonquin Indian fields that rose up near the doomed lost colony in North Carolina.
Corn ranked as the first “sustenance of man’s life,” he wrote in “A Brief and True Report of the New Found Land of Virginia,” where he extolled the native grain over English wheat for the diversity of dishes it provided — plus its higher yield and far less demand on labor.

View attachment 67344024
again, they didn’t invent corn and despite having corn they never advanced beyond a very primitive phase.

Not true. Extensive evidence of gun powder being used for military weapons here:
all primitive and none of them effective. The gunpowder didn’t stop the mongols from taking over China.

And it's introduction into Europe came with the Mongol invasion of Europe, although they did not begin using it for cannon until later.
Although gunpowder was known in Europe during the High Middle Ages due to the usage of guns and explosives by the Mongols and the Chinese firearms experts employed by the Mongols as mercenaries during the Mongol conquests of Europe, it was not until the Late Middle Ages that European versions of cannons were widely ...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org › wiki

Gunpowder artillery in the Middle Ages - Wikipedia

there is no historically documented route of transmission of gunpowder from Asia. It says so in your own link.

Yes, Algebra. Muhammad ibn Musa al-Khwarizmi, a Persian in Baghdad wrote the book and coined the term Algebra in the 800's. The Greek Diophantus developed a geometric algebra earlier. Math builds on earlier theory.
again, he plagiarized Greeks.

They cultivated and traded it.
and it wasn’t until the Turks began growing it in plantations and commercially selling it that it became big.

[/quite]
Seems they developed it around the same time--2,000 b.c.[/quote] and the civilizations from Mesopotamia actually developed it.

Yes, but they didn't teach navigation to the world. Other people knew about boats, as well.
but did not navigate as the Polynesians did

"When the last century ended, humans could not even fly. In the 20th century, the human race went to the moon and began to explore the stars."
The San Francisco Chronicle

Which "Subspecies" of the Human Race is the top contributor to "Civilization" in areas such as discoveries, exploration, the arts, inventions, technology, transportation, architecture, farming, healthcare and overall quality of life?

I'm sure we all know of great accomplishments by all six but only one can be the absolute most accomplished?

For those of you not afraid of "Race" classification...

Race Definition
(1) Any one of the groups that humans are often divided into based on physical traits regarded as common among people of shared ancestry.
(2) A group of people sharing a common cultural, geographical, linguistic, or religious origin or background.
(3) The descendants of a common ancestor : a group sharing a common lineage.
(4) A group within a species that is distinguishable (as morphologically, genetically, or behaviorally) from others of the same species.
Greeks

again, they didn’t invent corn and despite having corn they never advanced beyond a very primitive phase.

all primitive and none of them effective. The gunpowder didn’t stop the mongols from taking over China.

there is no historically documented route of transmission of gunpowder from Asia. It says so in your own link.

and it wasn’t until the Turks began growing it in plantations and commercially selling it that it became big.

[/quite]
Seems they developed it around the same time--2,000 b.c.
and the civilizations from Mesopotamia actually developed it.

but did not navigate as the Polynesians did
[/QUOTE]
Well, I tried. Should have known better than to bother. Believe whatever tomfool foolishness makes you feel good.

Well, I tried. Should have known better than to bother. Believe whatever tomfool foolishness makes you feel good.
Ignorance is the #1 prerequisite for mastering racism.

I particularly love the views on corn.
I apologize to the hard-working Aztec scientist. It’s really a shame that when the Aztec scientists while wearing their white lab coat genetically sequencing all available plant DNA to provide us with the gift of corn, their achievements were suppressed by the primitive Spanish caveman.

Selective breeding is how you develop plants.

Yeah. One might even say that gunpowder helped the Mongols against China. Considering that the Mongols used gunpowered extensively.

Gunpowder was transmitted to Europeans from Asia by way of something called a Heilongjiang. Delivered by Mongols.

No. He was inventing algebra, not just doing geometry. The "application of areas" is sometimes known as 'geometric algebra,' but it is an altogether different method of solving linear equations.

Well is what we call civilization sustainable? Are we living beyond our Means? Is the destruction of our environment worth it?

Which of these groups was capable of living in harmony with nature without reeking the destruction our so called civilization has caused to the earth?

"When the last century ended, humans could not even fly. In the 20th century, the human race went to the moon and began to explore the stars."

Which "Subspecies" of the Human Race is the top contributor to "Civilization" in areas such as discoveries, exploration, the arts, inventions, technology, transportation, architecture, farming, healthcare and overall quality of life?

I'm sure we all know of great accomplishments by all six but only one can be the absolute most accomplished?

Race Definition
(1) Any one of the groups that humans are often divided into based on physical traits regarded as common among people of shared ancestry.
(2) A group of people sharing a common cultural, geographical, linguistic, or religious origin or background.
(4) A group within a species that is distinguishable (as morphologically, genetically, or behaviorally) from others of the same species.
Disgusting question

no they didn’t, they happened to migrate to areas where those crops existed, but their agriculture was primitive. If you can show the Indians selectively bred corn into a major crop then I’d accept that, but all of their crops from corn to tobacco were very weak and didn’t grow productively until Europeans applied their agricultural knowledge to them.
the Chinese invented gun powder in a primitive form, but never used it for anything other then fireworks. And some primitive weapons that were never perfected for use. Also there is very little to no evidence Europeans got gunpowder from the Chinese, and they may well have developed it independently.
I mean as well as the many thousands of scientific discoveries that made an automobile possible.
not Algebra, Algebra was first developed in Ancient Greece. And the mathematical concepts within algebra were well known in Europe before the Muslims learned it, from Greek mathematicians. This is a common lie made by modern anti-white, anti Christian “intellectuals” to make “brown Muslims” seem like they were smarter. You’ll see this lie played out where there will be giant lists of “Muslim inventions” that were actually not invented by Muslims or claims that we use “Arabic numerals” which were quietly renamed “Hindu-Arabic numerals” several years ago because Indians (dots not feathers) were pretty pissed that universities were teaching that their numeral system was invented by Arabs.

“they” didn’t “give” coffee. The coffee lives in that area already and would if no humans were there.

The iron smelting is weird too, because basic research indicates the first known ironworks were in a Hittite kingdom in the modern day Turkey and not Sub Saharan Africa.

The Polynesians were master navigators however

Disgusting answer #2

The Aztecs and other meso Americans contributed nothing to overall human advancement, they were brutal cannabalistic savages. They hadn’t even reached the cultural and technological level of ancient Babylon when the Spanish discovered them. So I’m not sure what accomplishments you refer to.

There’s a reason the Indians in Mexico largely fell in line, learned Spanish, converted to Catholicism (well they converted because Mary herself appeared to Juan Diego) and willingly assisted the Spanish in building Mexico City.
Life for normal Indians who were not Aztec elites improved under Spanish rule

Disgusting answer #3

Disgusting answer #3
I’m sorry that you find the truth about the Aztecs to be disgusting. No wonder the policies of the left are so important, they’re based in a rejection of historical reality.

I'll try again. I'll go slower.

The advantages enjoyed by Europeans were largely due to environment and the fact that they domesticated cattle, sheep, horses and pigs. These animals were not indigenous to Africa, Australia, or the Americas.

Civilization depends on agriculture. Farming makes cities possible. Agriculture is tremendously improved when you have animals, horses and cattle, that can plow and help clear fields. Without them, as in the Americas, farming comes down to a single dominant crop that eventually wears out the soil and civilizations collapse. Add sheep and pigs as domesticated sources of protein and wool, along with climate, and we see why Europe had the advantage in war and colonialism.

The Bell Curve mythology that white people are intellectually superior has been debunked countless times. In fact, racists are often people with deep-seated insecurities looking for a reason, any reason, to feel superior to someone, anyone.

The advantages enjoyed by Europeans were largely due to environment and the fact that they domesticated cattle, sheep, horses and pigs. These animals were not indigenous to Africa, Australia, or the Americas.

Civilization depends on agriculture. Farming makes cities possible. Agriculture is tremendously improved when you have animals, horses and cattle, that can plow and help clear fields. Without them, as in the Americas, farming comes down to a single dominant crop that eventually wears out the soil and civilizations collapse. Add sheep and pigs as domesticated sources of protein and wool, along with climate, and we see why Europe had the advantage in war and colonialism.

The Bell Curve mythology that white people are intellectually superior has been debunked countless times. In fact, racists are often people with deep-seated insecurities looking for a reason, any reason, to feel superior to someone, anyone.
That's interesting about the domesticated livestock. I've never heard them mentioned as being big contributing factors, but it makes sense they were part of it.

But, Loulit01, we have (insert random flawed intelligence test here) tests to prove 'we' are better. Surely you must acknowledge their results are incontrovertable and that the motivations for those developing, administering and interpreting them are amongst the purest of the pure?! I mean, why are you anti-science?!

But, Loulit01, we have (insert random flawed intelligence test here) tests to prove 'we' are better. Surely you must acknowledge their results are incontrovertable and that the motivations for those developing, administering and interpreting them are amongst the purest of the pure?! I mean, why are you anti-science?!
Deep-seated insecurities, I guess.

I think we ALL know:

The European White Male.
Which I dont like to toot my own horn but I *AM* a member of this great and successful demographic.

The most successful and prosperous people to ever walk the face of the earth!!!

Can I get a HELL YEAH for the European White Male?
(y) (y) 💯 💯

I think we ALL know:

The European White Male.
Which I dont like to toot my own horn but I *AM* a member of this great and successful demographic.

The most successful and prosperous people to ever walk the face of the earth!!!

Can I get a HELL YEAH for the European White Male?
(y) (y) 💯 💯

No doubt they conquered the entire world. But is their rape and plunder methods sustainable? Will they destroy the earth's environment that made all this possible? Will they learn that earth's resources finite and become more responsible? Or will their greed destroy them?

1. Europeans.

2. Asians.

Race Definition
Sumerians and Egyptians started civilization as we know it, and India followed thereafter. Then you get to the Greeks then China, and so on and so forth. The rest of European civilization (after the Aegean) is a laaaate bloomer compared to other regions.

Back
Top Bottom