• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

who is the worse president in our history?

Easyt65:

Yeah, but how specific is that really?
Those are just guys and organizations... Haha NICE!

Willydoughboy:

I can see that.
Is the worry really that strong though, in your opinion?

I am not that worried.
I am disgusted by certain aspects fo corruption, and not limited to this war, which has a real foundation of terror. It could all be solved if we moved Israel and stopped all business where people do not want us, until the creeping fringe overshadows us...where are the lines drawn?

I personally do not think that we are bad guys.
I think that, while the gray area of corruption is daunting, once a group starts beheading people and targeting civilians specifically before confronting a military, they are terrorists and their cause is moot.

Last edited:
basically it worries me that at a time of war civil liberties and rights are often put to the side and that with this "war on terror" that could last for as long as a president decides

I really do believe this man will go down as the worst president this country has ever had. - Harry Reid 3/16/06

hipsterdufus said:
I really do believe this man will go down as the worst president this country has ever had. - Harry Reid 3/16/06
"Harry Reid may go down as the worst Senator this country has ever had." - FluffyNinja 3/18/2006:mrgreen:

Harry Reid's voting Record:
• Voted NO on Educational Savings Accounts. (Mar 2000)
• Voted NO on allowing more flexibility in federal school rules. (Mar 1999)
• Voted NO on education savings accounts. (Jun 1998)
• Voted NO on school vouchers in DC. (Sep 1997)
• Voted NO on $75M for abstinence education. (Jul 1996)
• Voted NO on requiring schools to allow voluntary prayer. (Jul 1994)
• Voted NO on increasing penalties for drug offenses. (Nov 1999)
• Voted NO on spending international development funds on drug control. (Jul 1996)
• Voted YES on limiting death penalty appeals. (Apr 1996)
• Voted NO on limiting product liability punitive damage awards. (Mar 1996)
• Voted YES on restricting rules on personal bankruptcy. (Jul 2001)
• Voted YES on loosening restrictions on cell phone wiretapping. (Oct 2001)
• Voted NO on $40B in reduced federal overall spending. (Dec 2005)
• Voted NO on prioritizing national debt reduction below tax cuts. (Apr 2000)
• Voted YES on 1998 GOP budget. (May 1997)
• Voted NO on Balanced-budget constitutional amendment. (Mar 1997)
• Voted NO on permanent normal trade relations with China. (Sep 2000)
• Voted NO on expanding trade to the third world. (May 2000)
• Voted NO on renewing 'fast track' presidential trade authority. (Nov 1997)
• Voted YES on imposing trade sanctions on Japan for closed market. (May 1995)
• Voted NO on Approving the presidential line-item veto. (Mar 1996)
• Voted NO on banning more types of Congressional gifts. (Jul 1995)
• Voted NO on more penalties for gun & drug violations. (May 1999)
• Voted NO on limit welfare for immigrants. (Jun 1997)
• Voted NO on raising the minimum wage to $7.25 rather than $6.25. (Mar 2005
• Voted NO on confirming Samuel Alito as Supreme Court Justice. (Jan 2006)
• Voted NO on confirming John Roberts for Chief Justice of the Supreme Court. (Sep 2005)
• Voted NO on Social Security Lockbox & limiting national debt. (Apr 1999)
• Voted NO on allowing Roth IRAs for retirees. (May 1998)
• Voted NO on allowing personal retirement accounts. (Apr 1998)
• Voted NO on deducting Social Security payments on income taxes. (May 1996)

Last edited:
I don't think comparing individuals is a good idea, because every person is unique with their own set of strengths and weaknesses, same with the presidents. They are human too and carry talents and problems. I don't even have an answer for this. Just like ourselves, some do great things and by the same token, make mistakes, but its a matter of if we/they admit fault and correct it.

I don't like liars, but most politicans lie.

Synch said:
Red_Dave said:
In Vietnam we were defending our allies in an attempt to stop them from getting overruned by Communism, we were really fighting for Democracy, Iraq was peaceful and properous before our attack, and now the entire country is in turmoil, hundreds of thousands have died, and the economy is in ruins, not to mention we've turned it into a theocracy.

Nazi germany was in fine shape before US/UK bombed it to smithereens, and the allies invaded - garsh, I think we should have just left it alone. Same with the japs.

im not sure but seriously i agree with freethinker who listens to a guy with his username being dragonslayer come out of your fantasy game buddy. i men bush has captured a madman and is hunting a terrorist that has also killed millions wot is so bad about that huh

im not sure but seriously i agree with freethinker who listens to a guy with his username being dragonslayer come out of your fantasy game buddy. i men bush has captured a madman and is hunting a terrorist that has also killed millions wot is so bad about that huh
what???....killed millions....

willoughby do you not believe that sadaam hussein and osama bin laden deserve punishment for all the people they have killed i mean honestly if i killed you would you not want justice to come back and convict me to life in prison or death penalty.

willoughby do you not believe that sadaam hussein and osama bin laden deserve punishment for all the people they have killed i mean honestly if i killed you would you not want justice to come back and convict me to life in prison or death penalty.
of course they need justice, in the international criminal court and not to face the death penalty. i was just questioned where you got the millions from...

desmontheses said:

Where did you get Desmonthese? Sounds vaguely familar...

Willoughby said:
of course they need justice, in the international criminal court and not to face the death penalty. i was just questioned where you got the millions from...

True, thousands probably.

I would have to say the president who helped fund al qeada, taliban, saddam, and bin laden to fight the Soviets in the cold war,and "trade arms for hostages" scandal...because of it...we were attacked on 911 as well as countless of other countries like sudan, madrid, london, rwanda, and russia

For all the nonsense liberals put forth about W. Bush, the assertion that the economy sucks is one of the biggest lies they tell.

I remember 17% mortgage rates under Carter.

can you imagine? a SEVENTEEN PERCENT HOME LOAN?

Carter should make the top three on any NON PARTISANS list.

torch said:
I would have to say the president who helped fund al qeada, taliban, saddam, and bin laden to fight the Soviets in the cold war,and "trade arms for hostages" scandal...because of it...we were attacked on 911 as well as countless of other countries like sudan, madrid, london, rwanda, and russia

So you think all presidents should be able to see the future?

Fighting the soviets and supporting their enemies was the right thing to do at the time.

do you place any blame on the Clinton administration for 9-11? if the answer is no, then its clear you are a partisan hack.
and before you ask, yes, ABSOLUTELY W. Bush carries part of the blame for 9-11....without a doubt.

FreeThinker said:
Clinton was too impotent (no pun intended) to be the worst president in history. The conservative congress at that time prevented him from passing his communist wife's insane proposals.

I assume you're just flaming. Hillary is a moderate.

Harshaw said:
Actually, that would be William J. Clinton. He attacked Yugoslavia -- ignoring the UN mind you -- over an entirely internal Yugoslav affair.

As far as I know that wasn't a war.

afr0byte said:
I assume you're just flaming. Hillary is a moderate.

She's obviously been trying to look more moderate recently.

There's hardly any debate. Warren Harding. Horrible.

BTW- Bush isn't the first to invade a sovereign nation. The Mexican War was clearly a conquest war. And in my opinion, this war was justified.

why do you say the war was justified? I am curious.

I think the worst president is George W. Bush.

Latina1 said:
why do you say the war was justified? I am curious.

I think the worst president is George W. Bush.

do some reading in these forums and you will find countless threads on why people think the war (I assume you mean Iraq) was justified.

there really isnt any reason to revisit it here.

In my Life? Definitely George W. Bush. Arguably the worst of all time. Hoover, Harding, and James Buchanan also come to mind. However, seeing how the Spin works in Washington D.C., I would not be surprised if it was actually one of our great historical figures.

If we can manage to change the Current and the NOW, imagine how much we could have screwed up our history? You know what they say(I don't know who they are, but they say it), "History is written by the winners", and we have done most of the winning up until a couple of recent blips on the radar. This too shall pass.

DiavoTheMiavo said:
In my Life? Definitely George W. Bush. Arguably the worst of all time. Hoover, Harding, and James Buchanan also come to mind. However, seeing how the Spin works in Washington D.C., I would not be surprised if it was actually one of our great historical figures.

If you're into hardcore history, and you want to see it in it's rawest form then look at the original documents of the time. Journals, letters, etc. Spinners can usually only convince the uneducated in events that happened more than 50 years ago.

James Polk.

The worst ever.

EkBalam said:
James Polk.

The worst ever.

Why? He was the perfect president in some ways, said what he'd do, got elected, did what he said, nothing else, got out, and didn't run again.

Unless you're talking about Mexico. It didn't go so well for them.

Back
Top Bottom