• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is our President?

Who is our President?

• George W Bush

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Dick Cheney

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Karl Rove

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
Originally Posted by FreeThinker
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but not everyone in the world has the ability to recieve free education and scolarships for college. There are millions of people in crappy countries that didn't have the option of higher education. The only jobs they are qualified to do are menial labor.

Don't complain that your job sorting screws went overseas when you dropped out of school at 16. You had the option of getting a higher education and a better job and you blew it.

Maybe instead of complaining about the windowwasher being chinese we should get better educated?
Why don't you do a little research on how many Engineers China cranks out a year? As for me, a subject you know very little about, I do electrical engineering for $25/hr, 40 hours a week. It's a little different than sorting screws.

How come everyone coming out of college needs to be trained? And I always seem to have to do their work over again, so it gets done right.

FreeThinker said:
I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but not everyone in the world has the ability to recieve free education and scolarships for college. There are millions of people in crappy countries that didn't have the option of higher education. The only jobs they are qualified to do are menial labor.

Don't complain that your job sorting screws went overseas when you dropped out of school at 16. You had the option of getting a higher education and a better job and you blew it.

Maybe instead of complaining about the windowwasher being chinese we should get better educated?

Oh, bull***** the republicans have cut college funding down to nothing. You have to pay back your loan. You have no idea what you're talking about. Luckily, I'm a nurse and I won't have to worry about a job, but I'll tell you what, I'm paying back student loans.

Billo_Really said:
Why don't you do a little research on how many Engineers China cranks out a year? As for me, a subject you know very little about, I do electrical engineering for $25/hr, 40 hours a week. It's a little different than sorting screws.

How come everyone coming out of college needs to be trained? And I always seem to have to do their work over again, so it gets done right.

I asked someone yesterday where all these jobs are that Bush is talking about and they said.....CHINA.

Billo_Really said:
A lot of that has to do with the out-sourcing of our jobs. And that is a result of a non-representative government that we put in office. Ford, Detroit, USA sending parts to Ford, Cologne, Germany does not count as an export.

You are correct in part billo, but gas prices have hurt SUV sales. Plus, Ford and GM got greedy when people were buying SUVs like hot cakes. They priced them WAY too high and now they are paying. Toyato didn't do that, their cars are reasonable and that is why they are doing well. They're not stupid. Ford's cars look they are frozen from the 80's. Boy I'm glad I unloaded their stock.

It will get worse my friend, you mark my words. When we find out next quarter that we are in a recession, remember, alphie told me so, look for interest rates to go up though.

Originally Posted by alphieb
You are correct in part billo, but gas prices have hurt SUV sales. Plus, Ford and GM got greedy when people were buying SUVs like hot cakes. They priced them WAY too high and now they paying. Toyato didn't do that, their cars are reasonable and that is why they are doing well. They're not stupid. Ford's cars look they are frozen from the 80's. Boy I'm glad I unloaded their stock.

It will get worse my friend, you mark my words. When we find out next quarter that we are in a recession, remember, alphie told me so, look for interest rates to go up though.
Hopefully, I will be somewhat immuned. But no guarantee's. I've got a good car. A nice place to live. And now I have a good job doing electrical engineering for school remodels. The nice thing about schools is that the work never really stops when you look at all the school districts that have modernizations going on. So I'm pretty well set. Unless I blow it.

Billo_Really said:
Hopefully, I will be somewhat immuned. But no guarantee's. I've got a good car. A nice place to live. And now I have a good job doing electrical engineering for school remodels. The nice thing about schools is that the work never really stops when you look at all the school districts that have modernizations going on. So I'm pretty well set. Unless I blow it.

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that. You went a while without a job so you must be conservative with your money which is an excellent asset. I'm looking for cars, what kind do you have?

I asked someone yesterday where all these jobs are that Bush is talking about and they said.....CHINA.
I thought you might like this.

visitindia1ff.jpg

Awesome, I'm glad to hear that. You went a while without a job so you must be conservative with your money which is an excellent asset. I'm looking for cars, what kind do you have?
A Honda Civic CRX. It's got a nice paint job. Runs perfect. Someone told me with nice rims it would look pretty hot. I just like the fact that I own it outright and have the pink. No payments. As soon as I get a little afluent, I'll start thinking about that '68 Corvette Stingray convertable. But for now, I got good gas mileage. And I even take the coast root to work. Looking out at the Pacific Ocean all the way there.

Billo_Really said:
A Honda Civic CRX. It's got a nice paint job. Runs perfect. Someone told me with nice rims it would look pretty hot. I just like the fact that I own it outright and have the pink. No payments. As soon as I get a little afluent, I'll start thinking about that '68 Corvette Stingray convertable. But for now, I got good gas mileage. And I even take the coast root to work. Looking out at the Pacific Ocean all the way there.

You are one smart individual. Lacking a car payment is a great idea. Insurance is high enough.

You are one smart individual. Lacking a car payment is a great idea. Insurance is high enough.
I'm not as smart as I would like to be, alphieb. It seems that everything I know is a result of a mistake I have made in the past.

Billo_Really said:
I'm not as smart as I would like to be, alphieb. It seems that everything I know is a result of a mistake I have made in the past.

Learning from your mistakes does make you smart.

Learning from your mistakes does make you smart.
Hopefully, it will help one go from being smart to having wisdom.

alphieb said:
This country is a mess.....financially. The health care system is broken, that is the biggest inflation taking place right now. The automobile industry SUCKS, with FORD going bankrupt. GM is having major problems too, they are laying people off and cutting benefits. That is due to those stupid gas hog buses that they call SUVs. I've always hated those damn things. Everybody had to have one, because everybody else had one. How fricken shallow. Meanwhile, they price new at about $50,000. I could pay off my house for that. The job market SUCKS..... Don't say the economy is doing well, because it is not. Only a moron would think that. People can't even afford to heat their homes. Taxes have been cut during a time of war due to Bozo the Clown (aka Geroge Bush) and there is no such thing as middle class anymore.

The health care system is broken? Why, when I got bronchitis last winter, I got to see my doctor that afternoon and got some pills and an inhaler for albuterol without any problem. When my three year-old jumped off the gate keeping the three month-old out of the kitchen, the ER was more than happy to treat a beautiful blue eyed blond child. And when my wife got a kidney infection, it was diagnosed pretty quickly, too.

I've never had a problem with the health care system. Maybe that's because I'm working and not a parasite?

Originally posted by Scarecrow Akhbar
The health care system is broken? Why, when I got bronchitis last winter, I got to see my doctor that afternoon and got some pills and an inhaler for albuterol without any problem. When my three year-old jumped off the gate keeping the three month-old out of the kitchen, the ER was more than happy to treat a beautiful blue eyed blond child. And when my wife got a kidney infection, it was diagnosed pretty quickly, too.

I've never had a problem with the health care system. Maybe that's because I'm working and not a parasite?
That's not my doctor. Calling my doctor is just like calling the White House in an emergency,
"Doctor, I have an emergency, can I see you?"
Doctor's office: "Are you still breathing?"
"Yes"
Doctor's office: "Then it's not an emergency, you'll have to make an appointment."

Scarecrow Akhbar said:

What if you were working for a company that didn't provide adequate or affordable health coverage for you and your family? Do you suppose that everyone in America is wealthy enough to afford health care out of pocket if they are not insured? And that makes them a parasite if they can't?

Originally posted by mixedmedia:
What if you were working for a company that didn't provide adequate or affordable health coverage for you and your family? Do you suppose that everyone in America is wealthy enough to afford health care out of pocket if they are not insured? And that makes them a parasite if they can't?
I got into a head on collision on time with no insurance. I was taken to a trauma center where they wrapped my head up, threw a phone on my lap and told me, "Call someone, we need the bed!"

Billo_Really said:
I got into a head on collision on time with no insurance. I was taken to a trauma center where they wrapped my head up, threw a phone on my lap and told me, "Call someone, we need the bed!"

You parasite. :lol:

Originally posted by mixedmedia:
You parasite
That maybe so. But I can always take comfort in the fact that I am not as big a parasite than "Who is our President".

How's that? Huh.........huh.........how's that for getting back on topic? Oofah!

mixedmedia said:

If they're expecting to tap my wallet to pay for their inadequacies, then yes, they are parasites.

Billo_Really said:

Well, that certainly explains everything. Only the brain damaged operate an uninsured motor vehicle.

Well, that certainly explains everything. Only the brain damaged operate an uninsured motor vehicle.
I was talking about medical (not car) insurance. I don't think they would have kicked me out of the hospital for not having car insurance!

Only the brain damaged don't realize that motor vehicle insurance covers medical liability.

Only the brain damaged don't realize that motor vehicle insurance covers medical liability.
Prove it.........

Back
Top Bottom