• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is our President?

Who is our President?

• George W Bush

Votes: 21 61.8%
  • Dick Cheney

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Karl Rove

Votes: 5 14.7%

• Total voters
mixedmedia said:
So folks who do not have decent health insurance or the money to pay for their family's healthcare out of pocket should be doing what.....exactly? Living unwell? Dying?

Those are valid options.

I'd recommend they get their asses in school and learn a skill someone wants to hire, though.

If they choose the right skill, they'll even be able to pay back their student loans. What a novel concept.

mixedmedia said:
So if that immigrant catches amoebic dysentary, left in his workplace by a "winner," such as yourself, fresh from a winter vacation in Cancun....he should do what then? Pull himself up by his bootstraps?

He should consider it a lesson in why people where gloves and why people don't lick them.

Scarecrow Akhbar said:
He should consider it a lesson in why people where gloves and why people don't lick them.

Everything is so simple when you discount all but one option. I can see why your brand of conservatism appeals to you.

Che said:
takes one to know one my friend.

Actually the more intelligent are able to better identify fools so intelligent people can know fools too, I know and know of many.

Originally posted by Stinger:
Actually the more intelligent are able to better identify fools so intelligent people can know fools too, I know and know of many.
Some people need to come down off their high horse and mingle with the common folk.

KCConservative said:
I think your Debate teacher cheated you and owes you an apology.
:lol: Funny coming from a product of Fox News. Did you hear that from O'Reilly or Hannity KCC?

scottyz said:
He did bankrupt a company. He definitely wouldn't be where he is today if he hadn't grown up in the Bush family.

The man has driven everything that he has touched into the ground. He is the neo-equivalent of King Midas. He just doesn't know it yet.

Last edited:
Che said:
:lol: Funny coming from a product of Fox News. Did you hear that from O'Reilly or Hannity KCC?
Nope......... ;)

If you look at the Imperialistic policies that both Cheney and Rove were pushing during the HW Bush administration and going as far back as the Vietnam era....it should be obvious who is pulling the strings in this whitehouse.
The difference is that HW Bush was a leader King George is merely a figurehead.

mixedmedia said:
Everything is so simple when you discount all but one option. I can see why your brand of conservatism appeals to you.

I'm not a conservative. Then again, there's no one on the planet that can define the word, so maybe I shouldn't say that. But in general, the set of values in my ideology doesn't map one-to-one to a set of "conservative" values. Most "conservatives", probably not all, but most, derive their ideology from religious assumptions. I do not.

Regardless, what does matter is that I'm not responsible for the well being of strangers. I shouldn't be taxed to feed them, to clothe them, to house them, to educate them, or to keep them healthy.

I grant you the freedom to expend your own resources in their care, as much as you like, though.

:roll:
Synch said:
Wrong, each and every single time I have heard his speeches he is studdering, and cannot respond to tough questions when asked by reporters. Rove rarely even let Bush speak without a script, afraid he will mess up so bad that it will take the entire Republican part down, since the beginning of 2005 many Republicans have been distancing themselves away from Bush, seeing how Bush and make them unpopular(see Virginia Governer election). He is armed before each news conference on what the reporters will most likely ask and answer their questions in the most simplistic form possible.

He is the farthest for articulate as US presidents get. He does not know the purpose, in fact he doesn't have his own agenda, he is merely a brainless puppet for the Republican party.

Athough Cheney seems devious, the political mastermind behind the Republicans is no doubt Karl Rove.

Honestly this whole topic is retarded and i'm almost embarassed to even respond here.

1) Many people said hillary was president b4 2000, and of course she wasnt.
2) Who put Cheney in office? The President. Who put Rove in office? The President.
3) Every US president for the past 40 yrs has armed himself with answers to questions that a reporter could ask
4) The political mastermind for the Republican Party is the people who put them in office
5) Liberals :roll:

Lantzolot said:
:roll:

Honestly this whole topic is retarded and i'm almost embarassed to even respond here.

Lantzolot said:
1) Many people said hillary was president b4 2000, and of course she wasnt.

She wore the pants in the family because Bill couldn't keep his on.

Lantzolot said:
2) Who put Cheney in office? The President.

The voters.

Lantzolot said:
Who put Rove in office? The President.

Rove doesn't have an official position under the US Constition.

Lantzolot said:
3) Every US president for the past 40 yrs has armed himself with answers to questions that a reporter could ask

Only 40 years? Think again.

Lantzolot said:
4) The political mastermind for the Republican Party is the people who put them in office

The voters? Hardly any mastermind material there...

Back
Top Bottom