• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who is more likely to incite or commit violent acts?

we live in a law and order society, you have a right to disagree with them, you don't have the right to attack them. Am I misunderstanding you post?
They are the violent lemmings, not us.

If you want to isolate incidents be my guest. but if you look at which side has been more violent and aggressive, you are going to find you will lose as usual. Though you'll claim victory and tell us more about how you learned debate logic from the criminally insane or some such,.

here is what you stated as a claim of fact

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
Really? I have not seen anyone go after a bernie supporter violently unprovoked. I have seen numerous in the other direction.

The sucker punch I described proves your statement to be blatantly false.

Insulting me with your cheap shot comment about the criminally insane does not change that fact.

Seriously, are you suggesting that the violence that has been directed at trump supporters is mostly from republicans?

are you saying that the victims kinda deserve it?

No. Are you saying it's only dems/liberals that violently attack people with opposing political ideologies?

No. Are you saying it's only dems/liberals that violently attack people with opposing political ideologies?
He's saying (I guess) the majority are dems 'cause that's their ideology to violently react to something that's not theirs.

This is foolishness, the OP is grossly oversimplifying the issue. The "location, location, location" bit is entirely accurate.

We have no evidence that there is a universal better choice, wearing either one in the wrong location is bound to get a response. The rest becomes anecdotal or a guess on where one might be better off wearing one or the other.

I note you did not ask about Cruz Supporters or Hillary Supporters?

-

With all this talk about "violence" and recent events, which would you feel safer in from being attacked walking down the street? a Bernie or a trump hat?

A very simple question.

No question, at least where I live, a Trump hat.

I learned long ago that here in Southern California, exercising my right to advertise my support for "non-approved" political issues/candidates is to invite danger, or damage.

The "can't we all get along" crowd is one of the most disingenuous and hypocritical pack of buffoons I have ever met.

From my experience, its the La Raza and BLM crowds that are most likely to initiate violence. This election cycle, I believe those groups are for Hillary.

So, the answer is, neither Bernie or Trump, it the Hillary Supporter Crowd who are the most violent.

-

Assuming that all you did was hang out and do nothing else to bring attention to yourself:
If you wore a Trump hat to a Bernie rally, you would get harassed a lot. If you wore a Bernie hat to a Trump rally, you'd have people just looking at you and shaking their heads in amusement.

here is what you stated as a claim of fact

The sucker punch I described proves your statement to be blatantly false.

Insulting me with your cheap shot comment about the criminally insane does not change that fact.

How the **** is that insulting you? seriously that is what you claimed... Did you not?

as for the provoked, d00d went to a trump rally, and dressed in a confederate flag while his bitch was wearing a klan hood. Sorry the black guy got pissed off about it.

This is foolishness, the OP is grossly oversimplifying the issue. The "location, location, location" bit is entirely accurate.

We have no evidence that there is a universal better choice, wearing either one in the wrong location is bound to get a response. The rest becomes anecdotal or a guess on where one might be better off wearing one or the other.

Where would I not want to walk down the street wearing a bernie hat?

a trump hat?

Assuming that all you did was hang out and do nothing else to bring attention to yourself:
If you wore a Trump hat to a Bernie rally, you would get harassed a lot. If you wore a Bernie hat to a Trump rally, you'd have people just looking at you and shaking their heads in amusement.

What about a bench in front of NYU?

How the **** is that insulting you?

Here is your insult to me in post 19 which you wrote

Though you'll claim victory and tell us more about how you learned debate logic from the criminally insane or some such,.

Saying that I am going to tell you I learned debate from "the criminally insane" is a deliberate and purposeful insult.

You were shamed that I took your own statement and proved you wrong with a real example of what you claimed you had never seen.In what can only be seen as a failed effort to try and save face, you engaged in the insult.

Now this is the normal point where you get trapped in a corner of your own making and you announce that my time has been used and you are moving on.

Where would I not want to walk down the street wearing a bernie hat?

a trump hat?

Think about it, be practical for a moment.

We know what *might* happen if you wore a Trump hat walking around a mostly liberal university, or more minority neighborhood, or even anywhere near those of Muslim faith. Not that it will always happen, but it could.

Similar story with wearing a Bernie hat walking around rural Georgia, or Alabama, or Tennessee. Again, we cannot say violent response always will happen but it could happen.

It all depends on where you are, and the context for doing something like this.

It is almost as if you are looking for a points game here, or who is more likely to respond violently. And that effort misses the point, on purpose.

Here is your insult to me in post 19 which you wrote

Saying that I am going to tell you I learned debate from "the criminally insane" is a deliberate and purposeful insult.

You were shamed that I took your own statement and proved you wrong with a real example of what you claimed you had never seen.In what can only be seen as a failed effort to try and save face, you engaged in the insult.

Now this is the normal point where you get trapped in a corner of your own making and you announce that my time has been used and you are moving on.

I thought you said you debated the criminally insane? Search feature is not working or'd I'd go find it for you.

DId you not say that?

Think about it, be practical for a moment.

We know what *might* happen if you wore a Trump hat walking around a mostly liberal university, or more minority neighborhood, or even anywhere near those of Muslim faith. Not that it will always happen, but it could.

Similar story with wearing a Bernie hat walking around rural Georgia, or Alabama, or Tennessee. Again, we cannot say violent response always will happen but it could happen.

It all depends on where you are, and the context for doing something like this.

It is almost as if you are looking for a points game here, or who is more likely to respond violently. And that effort misses the point, on purpose.

Looking at current reports. it is clear which one is more likely to get you into static.

I thought you said you debated the criminally insane? Search feature is not working or'd I'd go find it for you.

DId you not say that?

I have not slightest idea what you are referring to.

I don't know if I would be more likely to be violently attacked in a Trump hat but I would definitely feel like everyone was staring at me. Trump is probably the most divisive candidate we have ever had. He doesn't exactly engender lukewarm feelings.

That said, I agree location is relevant. I can think of some places where wearing a Bernie hat might make me fear for my "commie ass". :)

If I was wearing a Bernie hat, someone would probably buy me lunch. With a Trump hat, I'd probably get sued for offending someone who felt threatened.

Indeed you would probably get charged for trespassing, forced to attend a cultural sensetivity course and lectured on your microaggressions.

Back
Top Bottom