• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is an American?

Billo_Really said:
One thing at a time.
Its nice to see DOS (Disk Operating System) environment is too much of a challenge for someone? I mean if your using Windows, go to Start then to Run, then type: cmd, your at the prompt. But I guess that's too much of a challenge for such a genius? Billo is a GUI person, if it can't easily be used and exploited, why bother learning it? :rofl Good work cnredd! :mrgreen:

Simon W. Moon said:
What is the baseline rate of Islamist terrorist attacks on the US that you are using to measure Bush's performance against?
Without this baseline, it's impossible to "do the math."

Also, for bonus points, if an Islamist, terrorist attack does occur in the US, will that mean that Bush has erred?

Its and expression but I believe the math is 4 years since we have suffered a terrorist attack..........Under Clinton we were having them every other week..........

stsburns said:
Its nice to see DOS (Disk Operating System) environment is too much of a challenge for someone? I mean if your using Windows, go to Start then to Run, then type: cmd, your at the prompt. But I guess that's too much of a challenge for such a genius? Billo is a GUI person, if it can't easily be used and exploited, why bother learning it? :rofl Good work cnredd! :mrgreen:

Technically, in windows XP "DOS" isn't there. What you see is simply a DOS emulator. It's just a pile of garbage, actually. You can also hit "window"+r to get to the run menu. It's slightly faster, for those of you who, like me, despise the mouse. I mean, when you have two fingers on a keyboard, you have to move one to get to the mouse to do all that fancy clicking. It's just ineffecient. :)

Navy Pride said:
Its and expression but I believe the math is 4 years since we have suffered a terrorist attack
And what are you comparing it to?

Navy Pride said:
.........Under Clinton we were having them every other week..........
Yet again, Bullshit.

ncallaway said:
Technically, in windows XP "DOS" isn't there. What you see is simply a DOS emulator. It's just a pile of garbage, actually. You can also hit "window"+r to get to the run menu. It's slightly faster, for those of you who, like me, despise the mouse. I mean, when you have two fingers on a keyboard, you have to move one to get to the mouse to do all that fancy clicking. It's just ineffecient. :)
Its nice to see there are other posters that know more about the computer they are typing on! Good point on Windows XP (NTFS), but on Windows 98 (FAT) you really can run a real DOS on it, you even have to option to restart to DOS. Actually DOS is not garbage, DOS has file Hyerarchies that were later inspired and used in the base of any Windows OS. By the way you know DOS commands, they are much more powerful than any click you can do to!

I meant the DOS emulator in XP was garbage. DOS itself was fine. In XP almost all DOS emulator commands can be replicated with a careful series of clicks. But it is still useful occasionally. I've started slipping in my DOS commands since I got XP (I've had it about a year now). As well, I started picking up linux so I keep confusing "ls" and "dir", etc.

Simon W. Moon said:
And what are you comparing it to?

Yet again, Bullshit.

Is that all you can say?

How about the WTC attack in 1993 and the Cole Attack in 1998, and the various embassy attakcs on your hero's watch......

How quickly you liberals forget......:roll:

ncallaway said:
I meant the DOS emulator in XP was garbage. DOS itself was fine. In XP almost all DOS emulator commands can be replicated with a careful series of clicks. But it is still useful occasionally. I've started slipping in my DOS commands since I got XP (I've had it about a year now). As well, I started picking up linux so I keep confusing "ls" and "dir", etc.
I love linux too. I've tried so many versions I have to have a 100 CD spindle just to put them all in. Yea, DOS emulator in XP is garbage, but hey its good net cracking if you learned the most basic networking commands. But as for linux, it does get quite confusing? But I eventually learned how to use the Terminal! I was installing progams all day LOL! Hey their is even a Linux company that will send you a version of their software free of charge, with no strings attached. It even comes with the Live version and the Installation version of their version of Linux. The version is called Ubuntu, its incredibly easy to install, and has updated drivers, which I have been waiting the last 2 years for linux to update them. :mrgreen:

Navy Pride said:
Is that all you can say?

How about the WTC attack in 1993 and the Cole Attack in 1998, and the various embassy attakcs on your hero's watch......

C'mon, Navy...do your research. This info has been posted numerous times in this forum...peruse this site for the real truth.

http://www.buzzflash.com/perspectives/Clinton_and_Terrorism.html

Navy Pride said:
Its and expression but I believe the math is 4 years since we have suffered a terrorist attack..........Under Clinton we were having them every other week..........
This qualifies as one of the stupidest posts I've ever read here, congrats to the author.

Maybe a smalller dose of your medication is in order? Acting delusional to the point that one would write: "Under Clinton we were having them every other week." is a true sign of someone in severe need of a mental health professional.

This forum is DEBATE POLITICS not MAKE UP STUPID POSTS FORUM.....:rofl

Navy Pride said:
Is that all you can say?

How about the WTC attack in 1993
No MORE MEDS! Promise yourself, it will do you a world of good.

Point of fact....Clinton had been in office one month and 6 days.....do you think that oldd ROVE #1 should be held responsible too?

No more meds for you!
BrainOnDrugs.jpg

26 X World Champs said:
No MORE MEDS! Promise yourself, it will do you a world of good.

Point of fact....Clinton had been in office one month and 6 days.....do you think that oldd ROVE #1 should be held responsible too?

No more meds for you!
BrainOnDrugs.jpg

I am not saying the WTC attacks of 93 was Clintons's fault..........What i am saying is he did nothing about them after they happened......

God I can't believe your a Yankee fan.........

Navy Pride said:
Is that all you can say?
Obviously not. But I'm not afraid to say it when I see it.
Navy Pride said:
That's not "having them every other week."
Navy Pride said:
You are a liberal.

Simon W. Moon said:
Why do you keep posting such misinformation and downright lies? You need to get your facts straight before you post such blarney.

From the oft ignored Comprehensive Report of the Special Advisor to the DCI on Iraq’s WMD
http://www.cia.gov/cia/reports/iraq_wmd_2004/chap4.html#sect3

OK ISG didn't find any evidence, others did. I didn't cite ISG as the source did I. And we did find the yellow cake and some had been enriched.

But here is what Duelfer testified to:

[SIZE=+1]Iraq Survey Chief Duelfer: Saddam Was Developing Nukes[/SIZE]
Newsmax ^ | 8/5/03 | Carl Limbacher

Posted on 08/05/2004 9:22:49 PM PDT by carl in alaska

Saddam Hussein had an active nuclear weapons development program at the time of the U.S. invasion in March 2003, chief U.S. weapons inspector Charles Duelfer has told Congress.

In comments that received virtually no press coverage in the United States, Duelfer testified that Iraq was "preserving and expanding its knowledge to design and develop nuclear weapons." One Iraqi laboratory "was intentionally focused on research applicable for nuclear weapons development," the top weapons inspector said. Duelfer's stunning assessment, delivered in March of this year, was first reported last week by renowned historian William Shawcross, in a column for Britain's Guardian newspaper.
The former U.N. weapons inspector, who replaced David Kay as head of the CIA's Iraq Survey Group last year, said that Saddam was financing his nuclear program by misappropriating funds from the U.N.'s Oil-for-Food Program.
According to Duelfer, Saddam was able to use Oil-for-Food to boost his military procurement budget to $500 million annually &$0150; a 100-fold increase from 1996 to 2003.
Most of the recent nuclear research took place at Iraq's notorious al Tuwaitha weapons facility, where Saddam had stockpiled over 500 tons of yellow cake uranium ore since before the first Gulf War.

And Wilson was shown to be a liar, he lied about who sent him, he lied about what he found, he lied about the documents.

http://www.cia.gov/cia/reports/iraq_wmd_2004/chap4.html#sect4

Navy Pride said:
So then because Global terror tripled under Bush we must be having them every other day now. Were there not arrests made in the 1993 wtc bombing? and the thwarted millennium bombing attack?

The worst terrorist attack in the history of the U.S. happened on Bush's watch and 4 years later Bin Laden is still free.

scottyz said:
So then because Global terror tripled under Bush we must be having them every other day now. Were there not arrests made in the 1993 wtc bombing? and the thwarted millennium bombing attack?

The worst terrorist attack in the history of the U.S. happened on Bush's watch and 4 years later Bin Laden is still free

And now we're finding out that the terror group that carried out 9/11 was known a full year before 9/11 actually happened. That was on Clinton's watch and thanks to political correctness Atta's green card kept him from being reeled in. Wonder which of Clinton's operatives made the decision that cost 3,000 Americans their lives. Inquiring minds want to know.

Last edited:
Missouri Mule said:
And now we're finding out that the terror group that carried out 9/11 was known a full year before 9/11 actually happened. That was on Clinton's watch and thanks to political correctness Atta's green card kept him from being reeled in. Wonder which of Clinton's operatives made the decision that cost 3,000 Americans their lives. Inquiring minds want to know.
9/11 happened on Bush's watch. I know that's hard to understand but it is impossible for Clinton to serve a third term. They were identified 3 months before Clinton left office and the Pentagon refused to bring them in, but the final report was handed to Bush. As was the Phoenix Memo which Bush also ignored. Bush didn't hold daily briefs on Terrorist activity(like Clinton) and pretty much ignored all the intel Clinton passed on to him.

scottyz said:
9/11 happened on Bush's watch. I know that's hard to understand but it is impossible for Clinton to serve a third term. They were identified 3 months before Clinton left office and the Pentagon refused to bring them in, but the final report was handed to Bush. As was the Phoenix Memo which Bush also ignored. Bush didn't hold daily briefs on Terrorist activity(like Clinton) and pretty much ignored all the intel Clinton passed on to him.

OK, OK....whose passing out the tinfoil?!?!?!

cnredd said:
OK, OK....whose passing out the tinfoil?!?!?!

ok, I am so confused. would someone please, without calling me stupid, tell me what the tinfoil hat thing is all about. I wanna be let in on the joke too.

I apologize in advance for my limited sense of humor.:3oops:

jallman said:
ok, I am so confused. would someone please, without calling me stupid, tell me what the tinfoil hat thing is all about. I wanna be let in on the joke too.

I apologize in advance for my limited sense of humor.:3oops:

Ignorance is not an insult in all occasions...asking the question proves your smarter than most...

There are many angles to a debate...some are objective, some have partisanship, but they should ALL be believable.

The "tinfoil hat" reference is for people whose thinking is very far out of the mainstream and realm of believability. It originates from the stories of people who go to sleep with tinfoil hats on so the government or aliens cannot read their thoughts.

Barry Bonds is a great hitter because he works on his hand-eye coordination...probable

Barry Bonds is a great hitter because of steroids....plausable

Barry Bonds is a great hitter because the NAACP paid off the opposing pitchers...That's "tinfoil hat"

cnredd said:
Ignorance is not an insult in all occasions...asking the question proves your smarter than most...

There are many angles to a debate...some are objective, some have partisanship, but they should ALL be believable.

The "tinfoil hat" reference is for people whose thinking is very far out of the mainstream and realm of believability. It originates from the stories of people who go to sleep with tinfoil hats on so the government or aliens cannot read their thoughts.

Barry Bonds is a great hitter because he works on his hand-eye coordination...probable

Barry Bonds is a great hitter because of steroids....plausable

Barry Bonds is a great hitter because the NAACP paid off the opposing pitchers...That's "tinfoil hat"

I gotcha...thanks for the schooling. Was kinda obvious it was some x files ****...what was I thinking? :doh

jallman said:
I gotcha...thanks for the schooling. Was kinda obvious it was some x files ****...what was I thinking? :doh

I'm only here to serve...bowing...

and to f**k people up when they get outta line...:twisted:

scottyz said:

The worst terrorist attack in the history of the U.S. happened on Bush's watch and 4 years later Bin Laden is still free.

Boy you have no clue..........First of all where did you get the stat that terrorist attacks have tripled..........Second in case you have noticed we have not had a terroist attack on this country in almost 4 years........Third if Clinton would have taken Bin laden when he was offered on a silver platter by Sudan in 1996 in stead of getting BJs in the oval office there would have been no 9/11/01.....

You really need to learn some new left wing spin my friend......:spin:

Navy Pride said:
First of all where did you get the stat that terrorist attacks have tripled.
Pehaps from the link he included in his statement, "So then because Global terror tripled under Bush we must be having them every other day now."
See, there's a link underneath the words Global terror tripled under Bush.

If it helps, you can cut and paste this, the URL from the link: http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0428/dailyUpdate.html

You can also go to the Terrorism Knowledge Base: http://www.tkb.org/Home.jsp

Simon W. Moon said:
Pehaps from the link he included in his statement, "So then because Global terror tripled under Bush we must be having them every other day now."
See, there's a link underneath the words Global terror tripled under Bush.

If it helps, you can cut and paste this, the URL from the link: http://www.csmonitor.com/2005/0428/dailyUpdate.html

You can also go to the Terrorism Knowledge Base: http://www.tkb.org/Home.jsp

ahhhhh...I'm reveling....

Sometimes the best backhand is the truthful backhand...Hits ya in the face like an iron, huh Navy?

Back
Top Bottom