• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who is an American?

Navy Pride hasn't, I think, ever substantiated any of his opinions. I've always assumed that's because he can't. 'nuff said.

The American said:
I recieved this in an e-mail!...

Who is an American?

On my mothers side, Dutch farmers since the 1600's. Little English mixed in there also. My Fathers side, soon after. German, English, and Gulp...French. WHICH I HAD REMOVED SURGICALLY ON MY LAST.....AH...SABBATICAL. Can't see how I didn't have kin involved in the Civil war. Moms Dad: The Big One: Germany. Dads Dad: The Big One: Pacific. His bother died in a torpedoed troop ship. Me: Joined Army soon after 17th birthday with folks John Hancock. MY kids got some Cheyenne and Pawnee in them. Not sure if this is what the thread is asking but: Am I American? My kids?

Billo_Really said:
Well, your "hero of 911" was too pu$$y to serve his last two years of military service! At least the "loser of 2004" had the "stones" to go to Vietnam!

If you were rich and could keep your kid out of Nam, would you? I would. Bush should fess up about that. Kerry did good until he got back and used his service to forward his political career. You don't see McCain doing that. Both wrong. But those were our choices

teacher said:
But those were our choices

Ugh. Don't remind me. How'd we get those guys? So glad I didn't have to make that choice back then...But I'll be voting in the 2008 elections! Oh man, I can't wait (please, please, please let McCain run)...

Billo_Really said:
Unfortunately, most of the world (and just about every person I talked to that wasn't born here), think (for good reason), that Americans are narcissistic, arrogant a$$holes that don't give a $hit about anyone outside their own personal comfort zone. And now since the invasion of Iraq, we can add major f-ing hypocrits to that list as well.

If we continue to make excuses for our foriegn policy when it clearly proliferates its own kind of terror around the world on behalf of the WTO, were not going to make any new friends outside our borders. And we do need friends. But not at gun-point. And not with chants of USA, USA, USA! Because we don't deserve to be so proud of our country when we are no better than the people were trying to wipe-out. Only difference between us and the terrorists is, were not psycho! We just don't have any moral high ground anymore with the practice of renditions, refusal to administer certain provisions of the Geneva Conventions, Abu Ghraib, GITMO, our new dictionary of terms regarding enemy combatants and our disregard for UN Resolutions.

We have a wonderful opportunity to provide prima facia evidence to the world that Americans do care about others and we do change things when we see wrongs have been committed. Even if it means cleaning our own house. We can do this by first impeaching Bush for lying to Congress and various other war crimes...

And for you idiots out their that don't think he lied, let me refresh your pre-disposed memory. He said in his State of the Union address that Hussein was "... trying to get uranium from Niger..." when he knew (and the CIA told him beforehand), that they couldn't trust the sources [like the one they refered to as Curveball] for the British report. But he blew off all the dissenters and went with his own personal agenda (as proven with Downing Street) and lied to this nation and Congress (an impeachable offense). Our problem is Congress doesn't have any balls. And I'm afraid us Americans watch way too much tv to give them any.

...then replacing every god-damn member of Congress that can't seem to do their job without spending all of our god-damn money. But that's not going to happen until the neo-cons and libby's get in bed together work as voting Americans to make a change. It's not that hard to communicate a little better. If Teacher and I can do it, anybody can. Except for maybe "right-said" cnredd and "the challenger from columbia" stsburns.

One last thing. Is it just me, or does anyone else think Navy Pride looks like someone hanging around, waiting for some guy, in the kitchen at the Biltmore!
Let me ping you to and see if we can still talk! So I'm "the challenger from columbia" now, really where do you gets these put downs. Is their an "Idiots Guide To: Making Fun Of People" you have been reading? By the way do you have a job? I mean you have time to call $20,000 year Navy Pride is a Biltmore. And how would you know what the Biltmore estate is, when you pretend your not American. Also I was just wondered where and who you have learned such information?

Billo_Really said:
Well, your "hero of 911" was too pu$$y to serve his last two years of military service! At least the "loser of 2004" had the "stones" to go to Vietnam!
Retreat Billo, the force is coming! What is your next move? If you say something stupid expect a stupid answer! :rofl

Billo_Really said:

I don't think you want to go there after what happened to your traitor buddy Kerry by the Swiftboat Vets.........

Yeah and he called all Vietnam Vets murderers rapists and baby killers and said he did the same thing in front of a committee in Congress.........

When push comes to shove he lost the presidency because of his phoney miserable military record and in spite of how lefties like you try to tarnish President Bush's National Guard record he got re elected so I guess we know who the American people believed, don't we.............

Last edited:
26 X World Champs said:
Another post bathed in pure genius. "people like you." "german or russian"

Your posts are incredibly ignorant....

If you're type of thinking were actually representative of "America" chances are none of us would be around because we probably would have blown up the Earth 10 times over.

Tell me, do you believe in "tactical nuclear warfare"?

Someone else said that if Liberals ruled the roost that we would all be speaking German or Japanese. How come you think it's Russian over Japanese? What about Italian, they were on the Germans side too?

What other stereotypes can you come up with that we would all be living through if Liberals had you in the palm of their hands? C'mon, I want to know how your furtive mind works. Tell us what other disasters would have happened? Would we all be Commies? Would we all have AIDS? Would we all be Gay? Would we all be Child Molesters? How about God? Would we be banned from even talking about her? Would the national pastime be Oktoberfest or Sumo Wrestling? Would May 1st be Independence Day?

:rofl

You can poo poo it all you want but the facts speak for theirselves........Liberals are the best weapon that Bin Laden has as they were during the Viet Nam war causing millions of Cambodians and Vietnamese deaths after we cut and run there.............Thank God we have ap resident that will not let this happen in Iraq in spite of all the liberals whinning and crying...........

And you damn right if Liberal ran this country we would be speaking German, Japense, or Russian............Take it to the bank..........

Navy Pride said:
It was all over the news a couple of weeks ago when Rove made a speech about Liberal being weak against terrorism............Go to moveon.org and ask them about it..........
I checked on Moveon.org. I found no such thing as "a petition on moveon.org signed by 500,000 liberals to try and reason and negotiate with Bin laden instead of take him out" from any date whatsoever, let alone 9-12-01. So, my charge of bullshit stands. If you know of where this list is, you could present it and counter the charge of bullshit. Until then, BULLSHIT.

Navy Pride said:
You can poo poo it all you want but the facts speak for theirselves........Liberals are the best weapon that Bin Laden has as they were during the Viet Nam war causing millions of Cambodians and Vietnamese deaths after we cut and run there.............Thank God we have ap resident that will not let this happen in Iraq...
Umm... We're already getting out of Iraq. Major force reduction by next year.

I will use the Clinton analogy; that of what is the definition of "is."

I know what a "Real" American is. I know it when I talk to them, listen to them, read what they write, observe what they do. I also know that we have numerous "Americans in name only" that never miss a chance to trash America and our foreign policy. They are not "Real" Americans. "Real" Americans don't defecate on their own turf. Even a dog knows better than to do that. What does this say about these AINO (Americans in name only) who never miss a beat when bashing America?

Missouri Mule said:
I know what a "Real" American is. I know it when I talk to them, listen to them, read what they write, observe what they do.
Via mysticism? Or is is by some more mundane means that you could share with us? This is the thread for elaborating on such.
Missouri Mule said:
"Real" Americans don't defecate on their own turf.
I see. Real American **** on someone else's turf. Like Canada's? Doesn't that present some problems for real Americans in, say, Kansas? I mean that's quite a commute to the shitter.
Missouri Mule said:
What does this say about these AINO (Americans in name only) who never miss a beat when bashing America?
They think it's okay to **** in a nearby toilet even though it's in their own house, I suppose.

Navy Pride said:
And you damn right if Liberal ran this country we would be speaking German, Japense, or Russian............Take it to the bank..........
Would that be Deutsche Bundesbank? Central Bank of Russia? Japan Bank For International Cooperation?

I must admit that my parents came from Germany, I'm 1st generation American. Where do you think my loyalties are?

Originally posted by stsburns:
Let me ping you to and see if we can still talk! So I'm "the challenger from columbia" now, really where do you gets these put downs. Is their an "Idiots Guide To: Making Fun Of People" you have been reading? By the way do you have a job? I mean you have time to call $20,000 year Navy Pride is a Biltmore. And how would you know what the Biltmore estate is, when you pretend your not American. Also I was just wondered where and who you have learned such information?
I'm not calling him a Biltmore. When I look at his avatar, he looks like a guy hanging around in the kitchen of the Biltmore Hotel in Los Angeles one day back in 1968. When I see his picture, I get the impression he's about to be tackled by Rosie Greer. Is this enough to figure out what I'm saying here. If not, I will spell it out for you on request.

I'm not saying he is the guy, he just reminds me of him.

Originally posted by stsburns:
Retreat Billo, the force is coming! What is your next move? If you say something stupid expect a stupid answer!
Retreat from what? The truth? I'm justing reciting history. What has already occured. Deal with it!

bushwewerentsoldiers2tw.jpg

Simon W. Moon said:
I checked on Moveon.org. I found no such thing as "a petition on moveon.org signed by 500,000 liberals to try and reason and negotiate with Bin laden instead of take him out" from any date whatsoever, let alone 9-12-01. So, my charge of bullshit stands. If you know of where this list is, you could present it and counter the charge of bullshit. Until then, BULLSHIT.

See?...There ARE Conservative Dan Rathers out there!

Originally posted by cnredd:
See?...There ARE Conservative Dan Rathers out there!
Ya. New Zealand has a large population of them.

bushsheep0dv.jpg

Simon W. Moon said:
Umm... We're already getting out of Iraq. Major force reduction by next year.

When and Iraqi Battalion stands up a U.S. battalion will stand down......If they are not ready there will be no reduction next year...........

Billo_Really said:
Ya. New Zealand has a large population of them.

bushsheep0dv.jpg

47 years old and you just learned how to use Photoshop....Congrats....

I can't wait 'til you're 50 so you can learn DOS and Assembler....

Originally posted by cnredd:
47 years old and you just learned how to use Photoshop....Congrats....

I can't wait 'til you're 50 so you can learn DOS and Assembler....
One thing at a time.

propagandafoxnews1hv.jpg

Billo_Really said:
One thing at a time.

propagandafoxnews1hv.jpg

Billo, I followed your posts on this thread... you must live in a dreamworld!... like the rest of the liberals of the world!

The American said:
I recieved this in an e-mail!...

Who is an American?

The priciple that led to the creation of the Bill of rights in the US is probably the best thing since sliced bread.

BUT, what the US has done to this planet since quite a bit of time is quite ugly. Not that Europe didn't do it. Not that the rest of the "leaders" of this planet don't dream to do it.

My best friend is a Dominican refugee, who fled his country .. to Chile. Ask him what he thinks 'bout the US. Ask him what he thinks 'bout the implication of the Us in ALL coups against leftist democratically elected regimes, everywhere on this planet. He was tortured for his political beliefs.

So, "we are all americans" is right as long as we speak of the american people. NOT when we speak 'bout the small group that governs the US politics for way too long. Those are the ones that most of this planet sees as "americans", unfortunately.

Don't dream, yanks :)
The world hates your politics, not you. That's quite a difference with your administration and your "freepers".

CU
Y

Navy Pride said:
It was all over the news a couple of weeks ago when Rove made a speech about Liberal being weak against terrorism............Go to moveon.org and ask them about it..........

One of the biggest Liberals of all your loser presidential candidate in 2004 said that the fight against terrorism is a police action............yeah, right..... :roll:

LOL

UK: Police action. Result? All terrorists behind bars.
US: war on dunnowhat. Result? London, Madrid, etc.. bombings.

WHO was right, connie?

Y

epr64 said:
LOL

UK: Police action. Result? All terrorists behind bars.
US: war on dunnowhat. Result? London, Madrid, etc.. bombings.

WHO was right, connie?

Y

I think the verdict is out.............I know that 19 of the 20 terrorists that perpetrated the attacks on 9/11/01 are with their virgins and the other one is in prison..........

I also know we have not had another attack here in almost 4 years..........

You do the math.............

Navy Pride said:
I think the verdict is out.............I know that 19 of the 20 terrorists that perpetrated the attacks on 9/11/01 are with their virgins and the other one is in prison..........

I also know we have not had another attack here in almost 4 years..........

You do the math.............
What is the baseline rate of Islamist terrorist attacks on the US that you are using to measure Bush's performance against?
Without this baseline, it's impossible to "do the math."

Also, for bonus points, if an Islamist, terrorist attack does occur in the US, will that mean that Bush has erred?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom