• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who has seen the video of Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado going off in response to Senator...

Who has seen the video of Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado going off in response to Senator Cruz's 'crocodile tears'?

If you have seen it what did you think?

Just took some time off and watched that in whole.

I had no idea who that guy was but I'm impressed. Seriously impressed. That was damn good. An incredibly eloquent "**** you" wrapped in a a long coherent argument.

Just took some time off and watched that in whole.

I had no idea who that guy was but I'm impressed. Seriously impressed. That was damn good. An incredibly eloquent "**** you" wrapped in a a long coherent argument.

Agreed. I thought it was delightful to watch, very refreshing, especially from a senator I never heard of either.

Either all or none is your response? There's no middle ground with you at all? That will never get anyone on your side no matter what side you're on. (note: the "your" and "you're" in that last sentence are not directed at you Jasper but are generalized)

Absolutely correct. If they're working, deemed "essential," they should all get paid or none get paid. Are the families of border agents suffering any less than those of Coast Guard members? How about families of IRS employees?

This is supposed to hurt, supposed to be politically career threatening, devastating, reserved for only the most dire of circumstances, not pulled out of your rear end on impulse because Ann Coulter said mean things about you on TV. Paying the employees in DHS who win the popularity poll, while no doubt leaving IRS employees and their families to rot for all the GOP could care for a year or more, is total bull****.

And to be clear, I think the shutdown should hurt FAR more than it is. Don't want to fund DHS? Great, super, shut down DHS - then ground all airline traffic in the U.S. starting at midnight on the day funding lapses. Let's see how that goes when millions of people are stranded, business grinds to a halt, critical shipments sit on loaded planes for a week or two - hell just one DAY. Park the ships, send Secret Service home, quit collecting taxes, shutter the federal courts. Etc.

Guess what? DHS wouldn't ever shut down, not ever, because the political price isn't worth it. And it sure as hell wouldn't shut down over something so stupid as a wall. The easier we make these fake, made for TV, political theater "shut downs," the more we'll have of them and I'm sick of it.

Good lord, where do you folks get this stuff.

And can you not at least be somewhat original, you know, use some of your own words... not the leftist talking points memo manufactured crisis verbiage garbage. Are you saying slenderman didn't ever call the mess he helped create at the border a crisis? Better go back and check, I warn you before you say something stupid by denying it.

A wall doesn't stop anything, eh? Why not try driving into a nice strong one at 60 miles an hour, see if it stops ya. Wait, I guess I better put a disclaimer on that, don't try that stupidness at home, it could result in stopping you, you know, forever.

Hmmmm, you are aware that the wheel is even pre-medieval... doesn't work, can't use that anymore either, eh? What a joke you folk's "educated" opinions are...I mean they are actually funny. I agree that the wall probably needs be a wall that covers all possible entry points, so the $5B is insufficient.

So, Trump uses the defense budget to use whatever capital is necessary to build and maintain the wall. Slenderman didn't wait for congressional approval on many of his "initiatives", Trump shouldn't either... besides what he would do is legal and already justified.

We are simply not going to let voluntary lefty blindness stop us from protecting all Americans, even those overwhelming numbers of blind leftists walking mindlessly around trying to obstruct anything commonsensical.

I will give you an entire week to scour to find one prominent conservative who has ever stated anything close to, "oh no, I'm not safe around brown people".

Good luck and... as your posts incessantly prove, you are gonna need it.

Where do we get this stuff? Actually read facts, I know, foreign to right wingers who think facts come out of their asses

LOL, Sorry, all my own words, I'm not a dumb fox new watching idiot. you are projecting, the only thing the right knows how to do.

Your post made absolutely no arguments at all, no refutation, you just threw up a bunch of words that have nothing to do with what I said. And you attack me? Pretty ****ty trolling, but at least its more word that the usual dumb one liners right wingers throw out

Someone posted in here already the facts that a wall won't do anything. Speaking of talking points, that's actually all you did. Throw out statements with nothing to back it up

typical of cons, they have no facts, logic and reasoning. Zero intelligence

Who has seen the video of Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado going off in response to Senator Cruz's 'crocodile tears'?

I saw it. Good drubbing of Cruz who deserved it.

Either all or none is your response? There's no middle ground with you at all? That will never get anyone on your side no matter what side you're on. (note: the "your" and "you're" in that last sentence are not directed at you Jasper but are generalized)

All on none, yes,and I totally agree with Jasper. Do the democrats appear to you like they are trying to get someone to their side? No. And they shouldn't. Trump owned the shutdown and to say otherwise is foolish since there is video and voice proof he said it. Trump shut down the government and McConnell is trying to protect his senators and trump by not allowing votes if the president won't sign. That is not what he is supposed to do. He is supposed to allow a vote and if it passes it goes to the president for either a veto or signing into law. It is not both parties.

Where do we get this stuff? Actually read facts, I know, foreign to right wingers who think facts come out of their asses

LOL, Sorry, all my own words, I'm not a dumb fox new watching idiot. you are projecting, the only thing the right knows how to do.

Your post made absolutely no arguments at all, no refutation, you just threw up a bunch of words that have nothing to do with what I said. And you attack me? Pretty ****ty trolling, but at least its more word that the usual dumb one liners right wingers throw out

Someone posted in here already the facts that a wall won't do anything. Speaking of talking points, that's actually all you did. Throw out statements with nothing to back it up

typical of cons, they have no facts, logic and reasoning. Zero intelligence
Good lord, don't post your crap to me again. Thanks...

He ripped Lying Ted a new one, just wish there had been a split screen showing Teds mug as Bennet ripped into him. Gawd, the Dems get a female Speaker and find their gonads, about time !!

At what point in that speech does Cruz speak about the Trump insults to his wife and father?

Cruz is a good man. He is not a snarling hateful critic of those who make themselves disrespectful towards him. Democrats could learn a thing or two from Ted Cruz or, more specifically, from Ted Cruz's God.

I've seen it several times, it was awesome. Finally someone showed the country just how pissed off people are.

footnote: Stone is going to be on Chris Cuomo tonight on CNN @9:00. He's also scheduled to be on Tucker Carlson at the same time so I don't know how that's going to work.

This just reported on CNN, an email to Roger Stone from Jerome Corsi in August, 2016;

August 2, 2016
To: Roger Stone

"Would not hurt to start suggesting HRC old, memory bad, has stroke....."

Last edited:
Cruz is a good man. He is not a snarling hateful critic of those who make themselves disrespectful towards him. Democrats could learn a thing or two from Ted Cruz or, more specifically, from Ted Cruz's God.

You have to have some balls to be a man and that leaves Cruz out of picture .

Do you know anything about what happened in the month previous natural disaster in Colorado of which he was speaking... can you give us a detailed accounting of how Cruz specifically negatively affected that natural disaster?

Do you also understand that slenderman could have withdrawn his ill-named ACA to accommodate any flood related matters if he was so caring about them?

Cast aspersions on others motives, its what leftists by their nature and training constantly do. And a male's wavering voice is not a sure heart stopper unless it really has some bearing on the matter. At best it was one sided, a blame game tactic.

Either blame slenderman as much as Cruz, or give it up, bro. Like a tango, it takes two sides to shut down a government... and either side has the freedom to give in, relent at any time.

Obama declared it an emergency.

https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2013/09/12/president-obama-signs-colorado-emergency-declaration

I don't think Bennet was making a point about Cruz's shutdown of 2013 having a negative effect on Colorado's flooding, it was about the fact that Cruz was shedding "crocodile tears" over the current shutdown not paying Coast Guard members, when he was the guy who shut down the government before causing the same thing, (he as the poster boy for the shutdown, appearing on TV saying "shut it down, shut it down" ) it was about hypocrisy, and a few other items of incompetence by the current administration.

Obama declared it an emergency.

https://www.fema.gov/news-release/2013/09/12/president-obama-signs-colorado-emergency-declaration

I don't think Bennet was making a point about Cruz's shutdown of 2013 having a negative effect on Colorado's flooding, it was about the fact that Cruz was shedding "crocodile tears" over the current shutdown not paying Coast Guard members, when he was the guy who shut down the government before causing the same thing, (he as the poster boy for the shutdown, appearing on TV saying "shut it down, shut it down" ) it was about hypocrisy, and a few other items of incompetence by the current administration.

It was merely the usual sniveling waaaah waaaaah waaaaah of the left, pure and simple. Well, with him almost really crying... I could only watch 3 minutes, does he finally break into real tears?

Actually, the 2013 Shutdown is one of the primary reasons why Ted Cruz is hated across both parties. I am not convinced that Cruz can be elected again even in Texas. 2018 was likely his last hurrah.

AND....the New Right has turned whining into an art form. Bennet's Senate comments were more than justified and hardly qualify as whining.

*****hat pundits are all alike.

Cruz did not get the reputation of being the most hated Senator in the Congress for no reason. He earned it. His performance in this incident is but recent evidence why.

Cruz did not get the reputation of being the most hated Senator in the Congress for no reason. He earned it. His performance in this incident is but recent evidence why.

Marvel not, my brethren, if the world hate you. 1 John 3:13

Cruz is not hated by good people. He is not even hated by the majority of voters in Texas who rejected Bozo O'Rourke in favor of him in the last election.

A man who will not defend his wife from insults and slurs against here is not a man.

Back
Top Bottom