• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who has seen the video of Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado going off in response to Senator...

I've seen it. Everyone should.

Why didn't you include it in your OP so folks who haven't seen it would have ready access to it?

FWIW, his remarks about Cruz are the least of what's worth hearing in his comments.

I couldn't help but notice that he was acting just like Kavanaugh.

Here is Cruz's response. What an excellent response. God bless ted Cruz.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iE62vosaXq4

I liked your post not for what you said, but for Cruz's response. It is interesting that they voted on paying the Coast Guard with no other issues attached to it and the Democrats voted against it...yet this whole time Democrats have been hollering about not paying Federal Government workers....

Thanks for putting up the video...
You're welcome.

I could only bring myself to watch the first two minutes, then forced down another minute or so of this pitiful crybaby hogwash.

This guy ... calls the wall medieval [ does he not have the first clue, does he truly not know about the amount of crime spilling across that southern border, the flow of drugs killing Americans, the gangs bringing the drugs, the murders, rapes, physical and sexual abuse, the human and sexual trafficking, the drunken driving accidents/deaths caused particularly in the border states...???

But also all across the entire United States now? 10-22 million illegals here, somewhere spread across the nation. Where is his compassion then? The only reason, and you know it, that you will listen to this guy and this rant is because he is against Trump and the wall. Plain and simple.

Black bold:
Had you bothered to watch more of the Senator's extemporizing, you'd have heard his remarks on some of the specific behaviors you've noted. Alternatively, you can the linked content you'll find in points F, G and H in my OP, "Reconcile this..."
  • Red --> Per the DEA and DoJ's 2018 National Drug Threat Assessment:
    • Heroin:
      • "A small percentage of all heroin seized by CBP along the landborder was between Ports of Entry (POEs)." Why was a small share seized between POEs? Because the rest was seized at POEs on the southwestern border (SWB). A wall isn't going to impede the flow at POEs.
    • Fentanyl: Vast majority of it comes through San Diego and Tucson POEs, most through San Diego's POE.
      • "Mexican TCOs most commonly smuggle the multi-kilogram loads of fentanyl concealed in [personally operated vehicles (POVs)] before trafficking the drugs through SWB POEs."
      • "Approximately 85 percent of the fentanyl seized — 447 kilograms of 524 kilograms — entering the United States via the SWB flowed through the San Diego POE in CY 2017."
    • Cocaine:
      • "The SWB remains the principal entry point for the majority of the cocaine entering the United States, with most seizures occurring at POEs or United States Border Patrol (USBP) checkpoints."
    • Pot:
      • "Unlike other illicit drugs, the majority of marijuana smuggled into the United States occurs between the ports of entry on both the northern and southern borders." As you'll see below, through tunnels.
    • Drug Smuggling Transportation Methods:
      • ​"Mexican TCOs transport the majority of illicit drugs into the United States across the SWB using a wide array of smuggling techniques. The most common method employed by these TCOs involves transporting illicit drugs through U.S. POEs in passenger vehicles with concealed compartments or commingled with legitimate goods on tractor trailers."
      • "Other cross-border smuggling techniques employed by Mexican TCOs include the use of subterranean tunnels, which originate in Mexico and lead into safe-houses on the U.S. side of the border. Underground tunnels are mainly used to smuggle ton quantities of marijuana, though there are instances of other illicit drugs commingled in shipments."
Blue --> Read the linked content in point H of "Reconcile this..."

Pink --> What exactly are you asserting with regard to the role of the wall in impeding or attenuating the "pink" behaviors?

Teal --> A wall isn't going to stop them.

Tan:
You just keep thinking that....

Other:
All the above notwithstanding, it doesn't take genius to know that illegal immigration itself is at a ~20 year low, and that's been accomplished without the wall, and Trump's Administration isn't arresting illegals at breakneck speed.

You expect us to think you care about the troubles immigrants cause while sneering at the troubles caused to the people of Colorado as a result of the shutdown started by Cruz. Considering the sympathy shown to the victims of school shootings (none), to the victims of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico (none), to the victims of Trump's family separation policy (none) and to the victims of the shutdown (none), any tears you have over troubles caused by immigrants aren't very convincing.

One would suspect, as a matter of fact, that any humanitarian problems aren't at the heart of your position on immigrants to begin with.
What a heaping load of crock, speaking of crocodile tears.

Why don't you detail for us here the "troubles caused to the people of Colorado as a result of the shutdown started by Cruz", eh? Let's compare on a line by line basis if the flood that occurred the month before the 2013 shutdown was desperately and permanently hampered by that shutdown lasting from Oct 1-17.

The real croc tears were by the sniveling Senator from Colorado rather than Texas. And it takes two sides to shut down a government, either side can give concessions if it's truly that important to them. So, did slenderman back down, as you expect Trump to do, in the face of the Colorado flood victims?

We all know that he did not... now did he?

Screw your ****ed up offensive opinions on whether our side shows sympathy to victims of school shootings solely based upon the fact that we do not, and will not, cave to your side's silly and/or outrageous solutions to such violence... to your similarly ****ed up opinion to sympathy extended to Maria victims, to your one-sided and skewed [read: ****ed up] view of the victims of slenderman's, Congress and court-ordered [ see 1997 Flores Settlement] family separation of illegals who broke American law policies in which the executive branch enforced the law as it is constitutionally so obligated to do...

As to the current shutdown, Trump has made all sorts of efforts [one sided as our elected Dims are AWOL] to compromise while the Dims run off to vacations in Hawaii, obvious "investigative" junkets to places like Hurrican ravaged PR [by the pictures of the investigations being done on the beach by such as the oh so moral and righteous Sen Menendez showing that the people on the island apparently don't even have sufficient clothes to wear], offering an offensively disgusting $1 for border wall funding by ol stretch face herself...who so obviously does not care ONE BIT about the "victims of the shutdown"... if she and other duplicitously sanctimonious Congress wanted to solve the problem they have had since at least 1997 all the way up until now to solve the problem, and its immoralness is such a farce with all the leading Dims having voted for border wall funding previously... your side doesn't want to solve the problem, but wants to keep it to try to use as a DNC/MSM coordinated sledgehammer to bash those who believe in the rule of law and national sovereignty.

One would suspect, as a matter of fact, that any humanitarian problems aren't at the heart of your or your side's position on immigrants, or any of the other issues, to begin with... its simply a matter of squirrelly ideological inspired policy positions and, even more sinister than that, an unglued hatred of the current president.

Last edited:
I liked your post not for what you said, but for Cruz's response. It is interesting that they voted on paying the Coast Guard with no other issues attached to it and the Democrats voted against it...yet this whole time Democrats have been hollering about not paying Federal Government workers....

Why vote to only pay the Coast Guard so a bunch of hypocrites can hide behind "We support THE TROOPS!" nonsense. Border control not doing their job? How about the Secret Service making sure the fat orange buffoon in the WH isn't killed? If we're going to pay DHS employees, how about open the government and pay them ALL? Sounds good to me.

Just did. As usual Cruz and republicans look like assholes. But that's what their asshole base loves, people that are assholes just like them.

Threw his idiocy back in his face, crying about first responders when Cruz shut down the government during Colorado flooding

Thanks for putting up the video, even tho I could only bring myself to watch the first two minutes, then forced down another minute or so of this pitiful crybaby hogwash.

This guy is soooOOOOooo compassionate about his own state's troubles and expects Cruz to be sympathetic/empathetic yet calls the wall medieval [ does he not have the first clue, does he truly not know about the amount of crime spilling across that southern border, the flow of drugs killing Americans, the gangs bringing the drugs, the murders, rapes, physical and sexual abuse, the human and sexual trafficking, the drunken driving accidents/deaths caused particularly in the border states...???

But also all across the entire United States now? 10-22 million illegals here, somewhere spread across the nation. Where is his compassion then? The only reason, and you know it, that you will listen to this guy and this rant is because he is against Trump and the wall. Plain and simple.

Hell, the guy was on the very verge of sniffling, crying about the very principled stance Cruz valiantly stood for against the establishment's slenderman and his own personal wall, Obamadon'tcare.

I call bull****

LOL, The dumb of conservatives never ceases to amaze me. Manufactured crisis from racists cowards. A wall does nothing to stop drugs, to stop people from getting in, most come from other sources not a wall. Oh, and what will 5 billion do when a complete wall will cost 10X or more that amount. A partial wall that people can avoid.

Sorry, don't be calling bull**** then follow with nothing but idiotic right wing nonsense. A border wall is medieval

And just to show what assholes conservatives are, look at all the wah wah posts. Ironic, since all they do is cry "oh no, I'm not safe around brown people"

You expect us to think you care about the troubles immigrants cause while sneering at the troubles caused to the people of Colorado as a result of the shutdown started by Cruz. Considering the sympathy shown to the victims of school shootings (none), to the victims of Hurricane Maria in Puerto Rico (none), to the victims of Trump's family separation policy (none) and to the victims of the shutdown (none), any tears you have over troubles caused by immigrants aren't very convincing.

One would suspect, as a matter of fact, that any humanitarian problems aren't at the heart of your position on immigrants to begin with.

Conservatives have no empathy, and no sympathy for anybody but themselves and maybe their close ones. That's why they are conservative in the first place. Self centered, greedy, selfish people with no empathy, compassion. There is another name for people without empathy, assholes

Who has seen the video of Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado going off in response to Senator Cruz's 'crocodile tears'?

If you have seen it what did you think?

It was completely great. Bennet kicks the sorry ass of Cruz. I only wish he had finished his sentence when he started to question why Cruz would support a man who claimed his father helped kill JFK. That would have taken it to another level that Cruz has long deserved to be taken too.

And that does not even touch the sad fact that Trump publicly insulted how the Senators wife looks and Ted is meekly kissing the bloated ass of Trump ever since. That is not a man.

Last edited:
I think Ted Cruz made a gaffe and said “post guard”. He merged the post office and coast guard

You have to make allowances for Ted. When his lips are firmly attached to the ass of Trump, some of the words are difficult to understand.

Who has seen the video of Senator Michael Bennet of Colorado going off in response to Senator Cruz's 'crocodile tears'?

If you have seen it what did you think?

I watched the whole thing. It was impressive. The only thing he did I disagreed with was mentioning what Trump said about Cruz's father. Not that I don't want to see Cruz's nose rubbed in his sniveling knee crawling to Trump after what Trump said about his father (and that slam on his wife), but that wasn't professional, measured, and meaningful as the rest of his speech was.

Bennet is my new hero. Cruz can go **** himself.

I watched the whole thing. It was impressive. The only thing he did I disagreed with was mentioning what Trump said about Cruz's father. Not that I don't want to see Cruz's nose rubbed in his sniveling knee crawling to Trump after what Trump said about his father (and that slam on his wife), but that wasn't professional, measured, and meaningful as the rest of his speech was.

Bennet is my new hero. Cruz can go **** himself.

Well I think he was pretty worked up at that point and wanted to go there but quickly thought better. The man was speaking from his heart and you could tell his emotions were running pretty high. Nobody is perfect and overall I thought he did great.

Well I think he was pretty worked up at that point and wanted to go there but quickly thought better. The man was speaking from his heart and you could tell his emotions were running pretty high. Nobody is perfect and overall I thought he did great.

I thought it was an amazing speech. And from the heart.

I personally wish he hadn't gone there, but the reality is, everyone knows what a sniveling weasel Cruz is, and how he went crawling on his knees to Trump with his mouth open, waiting for Trump to slip him the salami.

Why vote to only pay the Coast Guard so a bunch of hypocrites can hide behind "We support THE TROOPS!" nonsense. Border control not doing their job? How about the Secret Service making sure the fat orange buffoon in the WH isn't killed? If we're going to pay DHS employees, how about open the government and pay them ALL? Sounds good to me.

Hey, I'm all for ending this whole stupidity and opening up the government again. :shrug:

In the meantime.....Why not to vote on paying the Coast Guard? Because its progress forward. It's an inch towards reconciliation and agreement. It's a step. And right now we need that step. Not just because its paying the Coast Guard (which btw fun fact, are not strictly "troops", they're LEO's also, a civilian AND military outfit, not just a military one). But because it might have started people on getting to common ground and meeting in the middle. Which is what needs to happen from BOTH sides. That is how this shut down will end. With both sides meeting in the middle. The Democrats stance of obstruction is just as harmful as Trumps stance on his wall.

LOL, The dumb of conservatives never ceases to amaze me. Manufactured crisis from racists cowards. A wall does nothing to stop drugs, to stop people from getting in, most come from other sources not a wall. Oh, and what will 5 billion do when a complete wall will cost 10X or more that amount. A partial wall that people can avoid.

Sorry, don't be calling bull**** then follow with nothing but idiotic right wing nonsense. A border wall is medieval

And just to show what assholes conservatives are, look at all the wah wah posts. Ironic, since all they do is cry "oh no, I'm not safe around brown people"
Good lord, where do you folks get this stuff.

And can you not at least be somewhat original, you know, use some of your own words... not the leftist talking points memo manufactured crisis verbiage garbage. Are you saying slenderman didn't ever call the mess he helped create at the border a crisis? Better go back and check, I warn you before you say something stupid by denying it.

A wall doesn't stop anything, eh? Why not try driving into a nice strong one at 60 miles an hour, see if it stops ya. Wait, I guess I better put a disclaimer on that, don't try that stupidness at home, it could result in stopping you, you know, forever.

Hmmmm, you are aware that the wheel is even pre-medieval... doesn't work, can't use that anymore either, eh? What a joke you folk's "educated" opinions are...I mean they are actually funny. I agree that the wall probably needs be a wall that covers all possible entry points, so the $5B is insufficient.

So, Trump uses the defense budget to use whatever capital is necessary to build and maintain the wall. Slenderman didn't wait for congressional approval on many of his "initiatives", Trump shouldn't either... besides what he would do is legal and already justified.

We are simply not going to let voluntary lefty blindness stop us from protecting all Americans, even those overwhelming numbers of blind leftists walking mindlessly around trying to obstruct anything commonsensical.

I will give you an entire week to scour to find one prominent conservative who has ever stated anything close to, "oh no, I'm not safe around brown people".

Good luck and... as your posts incessantly prove, you are gonna need it.

Great argument. Well, except for part where you forgot the argument.

Yano?

Ok, allow me to elaborate on my thinking.

I don't see how any rational person wouldn't have been moved by Bennet's impromptu speech.

My view is that if you weren't moved by it, you must be ill, metaphorically speaking, of course. I knew of some repubs who were moved by it, but only the T party types, who were, essentially, the target of his speech (including Cruz ), naturally, wouldn't, and they are the sick ones, they, and everyone who is on their side.

Hey, I'm all for ending this whole stupidity and opening up the government again. :shrug:

In the meantime.....Why not to vote on paying the Coast Guard? Because its progress forward. It's an inch towards reconciliation and agreement. It's a step. And right now we need that step. Not just because its paying the Coast Guard (which btw fun fact, are not strictly "troops", they're LEO's also, a civilian AND military outfit, not just a military one). But because it might have started people on getting to common ground and meeting in the middle. Which is what needs to happen from BOTH sides. That is how this shut down will end. With both sides meeting in the middle. The Democrats stance of obstruction is just as harmful as Trumps stance on his wall.

I completely disagree. They're part of DHS and there is no rational reason to start picking and choosing politically sympathetic groups and paying them, but not paying the other 800,000 affected. I'm sure lots of Republicans are getting hell for making the Coast Guard (!!!) work without pay and this relieves a pressure point for them, which only harms the chances for a deal.

As I said on another post this thread, if it was up to me there would be two options - if DHS is shut down, shut it down. Send everyone home, park the ships, send the Coast Guard home with no pay and no work, dismantle the border crossings (put up barriers so NO traffic gets through or let it all through), send Secret Service home and leave POTUS unguarded, shutter the IRS so the money quits flowing entirely, and padlock all the federal courts and halt FBI investigations and prosecutions, ground all flights except life threatening emergency flights - all of them, etc.

OR, if we're going to start making exceptions to departments that are unfunded and "closed" but only "closed" so that the public doesn't notice, then pay every person required to work his or her full salary, on time.

As it is, this is political theater, a game, with workers the only ones paying a price. It's bull****, and if we start paying the Coast Guard, then the border control, then FBI, then the courts.....and last on the list is IRS because who gives a damn about IRS, **** them, amirite? And their families - who gives a **** about them? Let's keep it shut down forever!! LOLOLOLOL!! So how much pain the workers suffer is how sympathetic they are to the public. It's no way to run a country - based on popularity polls.

He had the same ranting-meltdown over Kavanaugh ... nothing but grandstanding while being full of **** ...

Twice in a career doesn't alter the premise I raised. Kavanaugh ranted on a level on par with a petty politician, and that didn't alarm you?

It alarmed Bennet and all rational people who have compassion for the victims of sexual predation who believe that SCOTUS appointments deserve better, a lot better.

Ok, allow me to elaborate on my thinking.

I don't see how any rational person wouldn't have been moved by Bennet's impromptu speech.

My view is that if you weren't moved by it, you must be ill, metaphorically speaking, of course. I knew of some repubs who were moved by it, but only the T party types, who were, essentially, the target of his speech (including Cruz ), naturally, wouldn't, and they are the sick ones, they, and everyone who is on their side.
Do you know anything about what happened in the month previous natural disaster in Colorado of which he was speaking... can you give us a detailed accounting of how Cruz specifically negatively affected that natural disaster?

Do you also understand that slenderman could have withdrawn his ill-named ACA to accommodate any flood related matters if he was so caring about them?

Cast aspersions on others motives, its what leftists by their nature and training constantly do. And a male's wavering voice is not a sure heart stopper unless it really has some bearing on the matter. At best it was one sided, a blame game tactic.

Either blame slenderman as much as Cruz, or give it up, bro. Like a tango, it takes two sides to shut down a government... and either side has the freedom to give in, relent at any time.

I completely disagree. They're part of DHS and there is no rational reason to start picking and choosing politically sympathetic groups and paying them, but not paying the other 800,000 affected. I'm sure lots of Republicans are getting hell for making the Coast Guard (!!!) work without pay and this relieves a pressure point for them, which only harms the chances for a deal.

As I said on another post this thread, if it was up to me there would be two options - if DHS is shut down, shut it down. Send everyone home, park the ships, send the Coast Guard home with no pay and no work, dismantle the border crossings (put up barriers so NO traffic gets through or let it all through), send Secret Service home and leave POTUS unguarded, shutter the IRS so the money quits flowing entirely, and padlock all the federal courts and halt FBI investigations and prosecutions, ground all flights except life threatening emergency flights - all of them, etc.

OR, if we're going to start making exceptions to departments that are unfunded and "closed" but only "closed" so that the public doesn't notice, then pay every person required to work his or her full salary, on time.

As it is, this is political theater, a game, with workers the only ones paying a price. It's bull****, and if we start paying the Coast Guard, then the border control, then FBI, then the courts.....and last on the list is IRS because who gives a damn about IRS, **** them, amirite? And their families - who gives a **** about them? Let's keep it shut down forever!! LOLOLOLOL!! So how much pain the workers suffer is how sympathetic they are to the public. It's no way to run a country - based on popularity polls.

Either all or none is your response? There's no middle ground with you at all? That will never get anyone on your side no matter what side you're on. (note: the "your" and "you're" in that last sentence are not directed at you Jasper but are generalized)

Back
Top Bottom