• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Who do you think is the biggest threat to America?

Biggest Threat?

• Terrorists still

Votes: 20 27.0%
  • China and their nucs

Votes: 6 8.1%
  • Mexico and illegal immigrants

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Other please specify

Votes: 35 47.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
the biggest short term threat is ourselves. we appease illegal (not legal) immigrantio which sucks the blood out of our culture and economy, not to mention compromise our national security. we fail to find solutions to eliminate world poverty. instead we send millions of dollars to N. Korea, a plenty capable country that spends all its money on its military, leaving nothing for the people. we continuously shell out aid to countries without attacking the problem at the root (give a man a fish, feed him for a day. teach a man to fish, feed him for a lifetime). we aren't putting enough energy into Iraq and getting them on their feet, which in turn means less money and troops toward the war on terror, a potential long-term threat. were slowly moving towards big government and backing away from out capitalist 'upbringing'. everyone wonder why there are more and more problems each year? tolerance and multiculturalism is, in a backward way, robbing americans of their culture and identity while making everyone just a little 'less american'. we have organizations like the ACLU, who serve purposeful jobs, but go beyond and strip this country of its decency. and we have a president who will not confront the real problems in America and seems to have an agenda unrelated to any political party.

America is losing its identity, plain and simple. were just becoming another 'face in the crowd'.

Last edited:
sorry for the sloppiness of the above post.

we aren't putting enough energy into Iraq and getting them on their feet, which in turn means less money and troops toward the war on terror, a potential long-term threat. were slowly moving towards big government and backing away from out capitalist 'upbringing'. everyone wonder why there are more and more problems each year? tolerance and multiculturalism is, in a backward way, robbing americans of their culture and identity while making everyone just a little 'less american'. we have organizations like the ACLU, who serve purposeful jobs, but go beyond and strip this country of its decency.

i don't really understand... what do u define "American" as. I think of myself as American. I was born and brought up in this country, but I don;t see the American culture going away.

iraq9115bd.jpg

In my humble opinion, the biggest threat to America is the consciencness of the American People. The People of this Country have been completely stuped by the politicians of the world and the liberal press. They have become comfortable with their false sense of security. The cannot not see their own hands in front of their faces.

I have read with great interest over the last couple of days, the many opinions at this site covering topics from should we prevent imigration to who invented toliet paper. The only issue is how long are the American People going to continue to accept the deceptive behavior of our goverment officials who will create any story, create any crisis to take over your individual freedoms, and install a new world order. As stated in an earlier post last week, world terror is now the catalyst to set in place the new world order. If you dont stand for something, you will fall for anything.

Wake up America, screw public opinion, Political correctness, and lets take this Country back!

The biggest threat to America is the far conservative right. Rather than worrying about guiding the country forward, they are constantly leading us backwards socially, alienating our longest standing allies, and digging their greedy paws into the resources of other sovereign nations. If they would spend more time trying to get us out of the messes they have caused in the middle east and less time trying to micro manage the lives of Americans by taking away as many basic civil rights as they can, then maybe this country might regain some of its status and respect again.

jallman said:
The biggest threat to America is the far conservative right. Rather than worrying about guiding the country forward, they are constantly leading us backwards socially, alienating our longest standing allies, and digging their greedy paws into the resources of other sovereign nations. If they would spend more time trying to get us out of the messes they have caused in the middle east and less time trying to micro manage the lives of Americans by taking away as many basic civil rights as they can, then maybe this country might regain some of its status and respect again.

Another liberal kissing the butts og Germany and France...........Sad.......

He/she complains about Civil Liberties being taken away but God forbid if there was a terrorist attack on Anchorage killing thousands he/she would be the first to complain that the government does do enough to protect us..........

To Navy Pride. Regarding Jallman, your right. When I read Jallman's post, I initially thought that his rantings were no more than bait, a worm on the hook, to intice a debate. But, frankly, like most liberal dialog, just had no substance.

The Mantra of all liberals, when in doubt, just keep pointing fingers.

To both of you...

I am hardly what you would consider a true liberal. I actually vote Republican on most issues here in Alaska, but thats because our Republicans havent adopted the far right Naziesque hard line of Bush and his posse of religious righters (or reichers as we tend to refer to them here in AK). As for protecting the country, I am all for that. Stronger border patrols, more police in urban high crime areas, and covert operations to infiltrate and eliminate terrorist threats both abroad and domestically.

However, I am strongly opposed to using "liberation" and "delivering humanitarian aide" and seeking out and destroying WMD's as an excuse to waltz into an independent nation with values vastly different from our own and laying claim to their resources and setting up what is bound to be, if not a puppet government, then at least a subservient government to the US.

And I guess its not so much that civil liberties are being taken as much as we arent moving forward with giving liberties to deserving groups of citizens who feel disenfranchised from their government. And by deserving citizen, I mean any American citizen.

And as for butt kissing Germany and France...if it werent for the aid they gave us when we were exerting our independence, then you might well be having tea at two and calling your cookies biscuits. But go ahead and support Bush and his war mongering agenda; I also support your right to do so without throwing out insults and labeling you as you just did me.

Democrats are the biggest threat. They enable the destruction of our economy by protecting frivolous lawsuits from even minor reforms, they raise taxes and blindly support labor unions who only serve to rape both companies and workers-all three of these faults send jobs overseas in droves; the only Democrat still in the cabinet-Norman Mineta has us searching old ladies at airports instead of supporting armed pilots, sealing cockpits, scanning luggage and profiling Arab, Muslim men- the way Bobby Kennedy only investigated white men when persuing the Klan...duh!; they fight to keep our borders open to perpetually hemoraging waves of illegal immigrants-which skyrockets our health care costs, drives down salaries for the rest of us, and burdens our federal prisons, and poses a no-brainer national security risk, they have decisively sided with every single enemy this country has had in the last fifty years, they care more about the fictional privacy rights of child molesters over public safety....

Yes, Democrats are a far bigger threat than any of the options listed here. Thank God these rediculous, hysterical adolescents have been largely removed from positions with any real responsibility.

Last edited:
aquapub said:
the only Democrat still in the cabinet-Norman Mineta has us searching old ladies at airports instead of supporting armed pilots

Why do you see this as a good idea?

sealing cockpits,

No problem here.

scanning luggage

I'm unfamiliar with scanning and what it entails and what the scanner can detect.

and profiling Arab, Muslim men- the way Bobby Kennedy only investigated white men when persuing the Klan...duh!

Bobby Kennedy never violated someone's rights when he investigated these men. He would investigate white men because he had reason to believe they were linked to the Klan -- not because they were white.

Yes, Democrats are a far bigger threat than any of the options listed here. Thank God these rediculous, hysterical adolescents have been largely removed from positions with any real responsibility.

So if would you like to see a 100% Republican government? No conflicting views, just a bunch of suits sitting around nodding at each other completely unopposed? Doesn't sound like much of a democracy...

Biggest threat to USA- George Bush, Right-Wing foreign policy:shock:

To JallMan:

I understand your frustration with the situation here at home and abroad. I just found it interesting that you attacked only the Conservatives, when I believe such an attack serves no purpose. Granted, I and many others also attack one side or the other, however, at this point in the daily moral decline our only option is education.

If the problem is with the politicians then the citizens must be education. Personally, because of moral decline, especially in America, especially the attack on Christian religion all may be lost.

When I grew up in the 50's and 60's, being one of many baby boomers, the citizens of this nation were very patriotic. Every morning we would sing in class "God Bless America", and "Old Beautiful (America, land that I Love)".

Those wonderful days are over, primarily because there has been a mental shift in all the Countries of the world to become more global.

My suggestion......, first dump the United Nations, and do it quickly. They represent the true evil on the face of the earth. They are not alone....., the following organizations must be terminated with extreme prejuduce....:
The Council of Foreign Relations, The Trilateral Commission, The World Trade Organization.

Then put God back in schools and pubic buildings

Hoot said:
Absolutely ridiculous...no matter how many times the info is posted in this forum we still have partisans who proclaim with all their patriotic fervor that Clinton did nothing against terrorism.

Nothing could be further from the truth...the real truth is Clinton did more to combat terrorism than any President in history and was fought tooth and nail by the republican congress every step of the way.

The real truth is Bush did nothing for 9 months until the events of 9/11 and then was forced to take action. And how does Bush take action? By attacking a country that never attacked us and was never involved in the events of 9/11.

What exactly did Clinton do to fight terrorism that was profound?

Hoot, I suggest you read Bill Gertz's book, "Betrayal", how the Clinton Administration Undermined America Security. This book documents in verifiable detail the following:

1. How the Clinton administration helped China develop its nuclear weapons, which are targeted towards US Cities.

2. Why the Clinton administration thwarted the UN weapons inspectors and the real reason Clinton bombed Iraq.

3. Why the Clinton administration has routinely ignored or covered up China's and Russia's dangerous weapon sales.

4. How North Korea secretly built its nuclear arsenal--and why the Clinton administration wanted no one to know.

5. Why the Clinton administration opposed building missile defenses.

6. Highlights from the Cox report on how governmental and corporate ties to China have endangered national security.

This book uncovers the Clinton Administration scandals, including a pattern of foreign policy deceit and corruption that is President Clinton's most dangerous legacy.

..........and..., there is so much more.

Kim Jong (very) Ill, of North-Korea. He funds terrorists, and soon He will make his desperate move. I´m eagerly waiting.

Hoot, I suggest you read Bill Gertz's book, "Betrayal", how the Clinton Administration Undermined America Security. This book documents in verifiable detail the following:

1. How the Clinton administration helped China develop its nuclear weapons, which are targeted towards US Cities.

2. Why the Clinton administration thwarted the UN weapons inspectors and the real reason Clinton bombed Iraq.

3. Why the Clinton administration has routinely ignored or covered up China's and Russia's dangerous weapon sales.

4. How North Korea secretly built its nuclear arsenal--and why the Clinton administration wanted no one to know.

5. Why the Clinton administration opposed building missile defenses.

6. Highlights from the Cox report on how governmental and corporate ties to China have endangered national security.

This book uncovers the Clinton Administration scandals, including a pattern of foreign policy deceit and corruption that is President Clinton's most dangerous legacy.

..........and..., there is so much more.

these kinda things happen in every administration.

nkgupta80 said:

Every administration gives away top secret MIRV targeting technology? Technology that directly effects our security?

jallman said:
To both of you...

I am hardly what you would consider a true liberal. I actually vote Republican on most issues here in Alaska, but thats because our Republicans havent adopted the far right Naziesque hard line of Bush and his posse of religious righters (or reichers as we tend to refer to them here in AK). As for protecting the country, I am all for that. Stronger border patrols, more police in urban high crime areas, and covert operations to infiltrate and eliminate terrorist threats both abroad and domestically.

However, I am strongly opposed to using "liberation" and "delivering humanitarian aide" and seeking out and destroying WMD's as an excuse to waltz into an independent nation with values vastly different from our own and laying claim to their resources and setting up what is bound to be, if not a puppet government, then at least a subservient government to the US.

And I guess its not so much that civil liberties are being taken as much as we arent moving forward with giving liberties to deserving groups of citizens who feel disenfranchised from their government. And by deserving citizen, I mean any American citizen.

And as for butt kissing Germany and France...if it werent for the aid they gave us when we were exerting our independence, then you might well be having tea at two and calling your cookies biscuits. But go ahead and support Bush and his war mongering agenda; I also support your right to do so without throwing out insults and labeling you as you just did me.

Can't you come up with some new liberal talking points on the reason for going into Iraq? Almost every politician in the world said Saddam had WOMD (and I think he did and are buried in the desert someplace or shipped to Syria) so your talking point is moot..........

Bottom line we are in Iraq now and we need to finish the job there not cut and run like you on the left want to do.............We did that in Vietnam and millions of innocent Vietnamese and Cambodians were murdered...We must never let that happen again...........

Thank God we have a President, though no matter how much you on the left whine will not let that happen..........

Oh and how about filling me in as to how Germany helped us during the American revolution........

And as far as labeling you a Liberal I just calls em as I sees em.....

Last edited:
I personally think that Democracy is the biggest threat to America. Eventually, the people are going to mutually decide to do something stupid (like they already did with abortion, equal rights, etc etc etc) and its going to completely screw us over. I personally think that -Monarchy- would be better than democracy.

galenrox said:
I'd like to show you some fun parts of Chicago, and see if you still have the balls to tell some of my friends your opinions face to face.

i'll stick to suburbs, thank you.

nkgupta80 said:

Well NKgupta80, consider your credibility officially being flushed down the toilet. "These kinda things". Whew, there are some powerful brain cells being used in that thinking process. Unfortunately all three of them (brain cells that is).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom