• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Are the Real Insurrectionists?

I accept your leaving me alone.
I will continue to point out that your statement that "there were no investigations" is a proven lie, every time I see you make it.

No breaks given you're blind to the corruption of your party because you don't give a shit about corruption. If you did you wouldn't be focusing on Trump he was probably the least corrupt politician in modern history.

You focus on it because your tribe tells you to. That's also why you pretended that there was an insurrection.
Ok, unless you are putting us on as your comments suggest, you like Trump. But I have already posted the dictionary definition of insurrection. Here it is again. Explain how Jan 6 doesn't qualify.

Ok, unless you are putting us on as your comments suggest, you like Trump.
Mike is a strong word I voted for him given the state of politics today I'll wait for him again but just because I think he's a better choice than Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden doesn't mean I like him.
But I have already posted the dictionary definition of insurrection. Here it is again. Explain how Jan 6 doesn't qualify.

Yeah this wasn't an insurrection by that definition.

Ignoring everything else $250,000,000 bilked directly from his supporters is quite a grift indeed. Don't feel bad, he scammed a lot of people.
that's pennies compared to what every other politician does

There's video proof of an insurrection.
You can't have video proof of something that didn't happen.

how could you possibly know this?
Because I'm talking directly about it in my post. Simply stating that someone has a blind spot doesn't make it true.

that's what country hysterical person says.
Again, nothing of substance here. Your statement means nothing in and of itself. Feel free to quote actual evidence of my hysteria. Seems like you're just trolling bud.

Mike is a strong word I voted for him given the state of politics today I'll wait for him again but just because I think he's a better choice than Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden doesn't mean I like him.

Yeah this wasn't an insurrection by that definition.
It was violent, it was an uprising, and it was against and authority or government. Check all the boxes.

Because I'm talking directly about it in my post. Simply stating that someone has a blind spot doesn't make it true.
You have no idea what you are blind to.

Again, nothing of substance here. Your statement means nothing in and of itself. Feel free to quote actual evidence of my hysteria. Seems like you're just trolling bud.
I'm just stating my opinion. If you feel trolled maybe it's because there is some truth to it.

Joe Biden administration policies on the economy, energy, international policy, the border, and covid have been rejected by the majority of the public. It has not required that illegal immigrants be tested or vaccinated against covid. But U.S. citizens in the military and employed by the federal government are dismissed if they do not get vaccinated. Millions of illegal immigrants are protected by sanctuary cities after illegally entering the United States.
LOL, you right wingers posts are so friggen pathetic. Holy shit, this one takes the cake. God damn, thanks for the laugh

oh Damn those democrats, affordable healthcare, no discrimination, freedoms for everybody not just white christian conservatives, want to support and fund science, want education and job training, want green energy and affordable energy, following science, wanting people to not be abused by their employees and get paid livable wages, wanting people to be able to eat and have a place to live. Those monster terrorists! LOL

can't believe you people spew your ridiculous, irrational fake hate against democrats while you behave and support Taliban type behavior.

by WorldTribune Staff, July 14, 2022

Ray Epps is the only person caught on camera repeatedly directing people to enter the Capitol building. Video of Epps egging on protesters to go into the Capitol was captured on Jan. 5 and Jan. 6, 2021.

The New York Times and anti-Trump Rep. Adam Kinzinger have come to the defense of Epps.

The Times on July 13 published what Revolver News characterized as “a highly sympathetic puff piece” which attempts to write off any talk of FBI involvement in Jan. 6 or of Epps being an asset of the feds as a “conspiracy theory.”

1658351179230.png
Ray Epps
Click link above for full article
Many people that were on January sixth at the Capitol are considered terrorist, of course with the exception of Ray Epps who was telling the people to storm it. The NYT news section has a left-wing bias. The article denying that Epps is an operative of the FBI, proof that he is.

Many people that were on January sixth at the Capitol are considered terrorist, of course with the exception of Ray Epps who was telling the people to storm it. The NYT news section has a left-wing bias. The article denying that Epps is an operative of the FBI, proof that he is.

Calling the Jan 6th riot an insurrection is not bias in any form
Because it was.

Obviously if the Times says someone is a not child molester, that means he is. Get serious. The guy is apparently a Trump supporter. Are you trying to blame FBI, antifa, this unfortunate guy, anyone but Trump?

An investigation to determine how many mailed ballots were fraudulently submitted. Starting with all of them. On the basis of determining how much fraud existed in the 2020 election. No need to worry. It won't happen.
oh hi:
The group consists of former Sen. John Danforth (R-Mo.); longtime Republican lawyer Benjamin Ginsberg; former federal Judge Thomas Griffith; David Hoppe, chief of staff to former House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.); former federal judge J. Michael Luttig; former federal judge Michael McConnell; Theodore Olson, solicitor general under former President George W. Bush; and former Sen. Gordon Smith (R-Ore.).

“We urge our fellow conservatives to cease obsessing over the results of the 2020 election, and to focus instead on presenting candidates and ideas that offer a positive vision for overcoming our current difficulties and bringing greater peace, prosperity and liberty to our nation,” the group wrote.

The claims have also been a focus of numerous investigations, including the House select committee investigating the Jan. 6 Capitol riot and a criminal investigation led by the Fulton County, Ga., district attorney.

Two members of the group, Ginsberg and Luttig, have testified publicly before the House panel. Luttig served as an informal adviser to then-Vice President Mike Pence in the lead-up to Jan. 6, telling Pence he could not constitutionally overturn the Electoral College votes.

enjoy the report

Apparently you don't understand the meaning of investigation either. These people didn't investigate anything. They reviewed comments and opinions. But thanks for responding. I do agree that people should stop obsessing over something that will not change. I have only responded to misinformation. No obsession here.

Apparently you don't understand the meaning of investigation either. These people didn't investigate anything. They reviewed comments and opinions. But thanks for responding. I do agree that people should stop obsessing over something that will not change. I have only responded to misinformation. No obsession here.

Many an investigation is exactly that. Going through statements, getting professional opinion, etc.

Many an investigation is exactly that. Going through statements, getting professional opinion, etc.
Yep, this does that. Let's start with wisconsin:

Donald Trump and his supporters brought seven cases with sixteen counts in Wisconsin, alleging that fraudulent votes were counted and that elections officials violated the law in their rulings on the counting and casting of ballots. Both federal and state courts examined these allegations, and found them all baseless. Post-election analyses have confirmed the courts’ rulings that no systemic fraud existed that would have altered the election results. In an October 2021 report, the Wisconsin Legislative Audit Bureau, a non-partisan and independent body, found no evidence of widespread fraud that would alter the election results.252 In December 2021, the conservative Wisconsin Institute for Law & Liberty likewise found no evidence of widespread voter fraud and no evidence of significant problems with voting machines—in fact, they found that Democratic candidates performed worse than expected in areas with Dominion machines.253 Similarly, in December 2021, the Associated Press concluded its study of the election, which found no evidence of widespread fraud. The AP survey of local elections officials and prosecutors identified 31 potential cases of voter fraud, representing less than 0.15% of Biden’s margin of victory.25
Sorry I missed a few additional ones but i'll stop, you'll want to look at these!
Ok, what do you need more information about? Numbers? Whatever you need

Great, let's see a report showing methodology and results.

Great, let's see a report showing methodology and results.
Here you go
In April 2021, we surveyed all 1,835 municipal clerks and all 72 county clerks to obtain their perspectives on various issues pertaining to the General Election. A total of 879 municipal clerks (47.9 percent) and 59 county clerks (81.9 percent) responded to our survey.  We contacted a total of 179 clerks in 61 counties, including 157 municipal clerks and 22 county clerks, to obtain additional information about elections administration issues. The locations of these clerks are listed in Appendix 3.  We analyzed WisVote data pertaining to voter registration records and absentee ballots cast in the General Election.  We physically reviewed 14,710 absentee ballot certificates, which are typically the envelopes in which individuals return absentee ballots. We attempted to review certificates in 30 municipalities, including the 10 municipalities where the most absentee ballots were cast in the General Election, the 10 municipalities where the highest proportions of absentee ballots were cast in that election, and 10 municipalities we selected randomly from counties other than those in which the first 20 municipalities were located. However, the City of Madison clerk declined to allow us to physically handle the certificates. The clerk indicated that the clerk’s office is responsible for maintaining the chain of custody of election records and ensuring these records are not inadvertently altered or damaged. As a result, we examined certificates in 29 municipalities. The results of our review are shown in Appendix 4.  We reviewed a total of 1,233 Election Day forms completed by poll workers for the November 2020 General Election, including 571 forms completed by poll workers in 319 municipalities that we randomly selected and 662 forms completed by poll workers in 39 municipalities that had central count locations. On these forms, poll workers recorded information such as the numbers of absentee ballots that were remade and rejected. The results of our review are shown in Appendix 5.  We reviewed a total of 175 statutorily required tests that municipal clerks had completed before the General Election for electronic voting equipment used in 25 municipalities. The results of our review are shown in Appendix 6. INTRODUCTION ❰ 7  We reviewed all 45 sworn, written complaints pertaining to the General Election that were filed with WEC as of late-May 2021, and we reviewed 1,521 election-related concerns that individuals provided through forms on WEC’s website from January 2020 through mid-April 2021.  We assessed 26 reports that expressed general concerns about how the General Election was conducted and that were made to our office’s Fraud, Waste, and Mismanagement Hotline. Few reports provided information pertaining to specific municipalities or issues. One report expressed concerns about a post-election investigation. We also assessed one complaint forwarded to us by a legislative office by speaking with two municipal clerks, but we did not find information to substantiate the issues in this complaint.  We reviewed information about the recount costs that Dane and Milwaukee counties submitted to WEC after the General Election.  We reviewed information from other states about various elections administration issues, including ballot drop boxes, signature verification on absentee ballot certificates, indefinitely confined individuals, post-election audits, and recount costs. Based on our audit work:  we make 30 recommendations for improvements, which are located throughout the report and comprehensively listed in Appendix 7; and  we include 18 issues for legislative consideration, which are located throughout the report and comprehensively listed in Appendix 8.

Conclusiuon: election was off by 30 votes, made suggestions for improvements (which, as you can guess, aren't too difficult)

The real insurrectionists are the ones who attacked the capital on Jan 6th and those who incited them
Ayup.
Trump scum.

Here you go
In April 2021, we surveyed all 1,835 municipal clerks and all 72 county clerks to obtain their perspectives on various issues pertaining to the General Election. A total of 879 municipal clerks (47.9 percent) and 59 county clerks (81.9 percent) responded to our survey.  We contacted a total of 179 clerks in 61 counties, including 157 municipal clerks and 22 county clerks, to obtain additional information about elections administration issues. The locations of these clerks are listed in Appendix 3.  We analyzed WisVote data pertaining to voter registration records and absentee ballots cast in the General Election.  We physically reviewed 14,710 absentee ballot certificates, which are typically the envelopes in which individuals return absentee ballots. We attempted to review certificates in 30 municipalities, including the 10 municipalities where the most absentee ballots were cast in the General Election, the 10 municipalities where the highest proportions of absentee ballots were cast in that election, and 10 municipalities we selected randomly from counties other than those in which the first 20 municipalities were located. However, the City of Madison clerk declined to allow us to physically handle the certificates. The clerk indicated that the clerk’s office is responsible for maintaining the chain of custody of election records and ensuring these records are not inadvertently altered or damaged. As a result, we examined certificates in 29 municipalities. The results of our review are shown in Appendix 4.  We reviewed a total of 1,233 Election Day forms completed by poll workers for the November 2020 General Election, including 571 forms completed by poll workers in 319 municipalities that we randomly selected and 662 forms completed by poll workers in 39 municipalities that had central count locations. On these forms, poll workers recorded information such as the numbers of absentee ballots that were remade and rejected. The results of our review are shown in Appendix 5.  We reviewed a total of 175 statutorily required tests that municipal clerks had completed before the General Election for electronic voting equipment used in 25 municipalities. The results of our review are shown in Appendix 6. INTRODUCTION ❰ 7  We reviewed all 45 sworn, written complaints pertaining to the General Election that were filed with WEC as of late-May 2021, and we reviewed 1,521 election-related concerns that individuals provided through forms on WEC’s website from January 2020 through mid-April 2021.  We assessed 26 reports that expressed general concerns about how the General Election was conducted and that were made to our office’s Fraud, Waste, and Mismanagement Hotline. Few reports provided information pertaining to specific municipalities or issues. One report expressed concerns about a post-election investigation. We also assessed one complaint forwarded to us by a legislative office by speaking with two municipal clerks, but we did not find information to substantiate the issues in this complaint.  We reviewed information about the recount costs that Dane and Milwaukee counties submitted to WEC after the General Election.  We reviewed information from other states about various elections administration issues, including ballot drop boxes, signature verification on absentee ballot certificates, indefinitely confined individuals, post-election audits, and recount costs. Based on our audit work:  we make 30 recommendations for improvements, which are located throughout the report and comprehensively listed in Appendix 7; and  we include 18 issues for legislative consideration, which are located throughout the report and comprehensively listed in Appendix 8.

Conclusiuon: election was off by 30 votes, made suggestions for improvements (which, as you can guess, aren't too difficult)
Thanks. I will agree that Wisconsin did the best investigation they could. I appreciate the effort.

According to the NYT story, the person who videotape Epps encouraging repeatedly people to enter the Capitol building is “a right-wing provocateur”, but not Epps. Of all the people that were at the Capitol that day, he is the only one treated as a victim by the NSM. The swamp is very deep indeed. To drained it require required people of great courage that do not give in until they reach their goal.

Back
Top Bottom