• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Who Are the Real Insurrectionists?

Not at all. There's precedent for political junkie-ness, at least in me. I had a night job driving a cab in 1973 in NYC. Came home 3-4 am, slept a few hours, and watched Chairman Sam Ervin and company during the Watergate hearings. Bought all the papers. True, this scandal doesn't have as many colorful characters as the Nixon gang did, but it's early, and Cassidy Hitchinson will do for now as a John Dean: calm, collected and credible. You would have to combine Flynn, Powell and Giuliani to make up one batshit crazy G. Gordon Liddy, however, though Rudy does fairly well by himself. The SS texts won't match the Nixon tapes, but it appears a few of the texts have a mysterious disappearing quality, reminiscent of the 40-minute gap that Nixon secretary I Rosemary Woods might have deleted. And just today, I was reminded on TV of Trump's quote that "When somebody is president of the United Stares, the authority is total." That will surely remind other old-timers of the Nixon line to David Frost, "well, when the president does it, it's not illegal."

No apologies.
That's precisely what a distraction is for to distract you.

That's all this is. Sad thing is it only works on you.

Does it matter? People flipping out over this wailing about insurrection and carrying on like it was ten civil wars doesn't seem suspicious to you?
No, it seems entirely appropriate. Trump, who said the 2016 election was fixed, outdid himself in 2020. The 2000 election controversy garnered a lots of attention as well, but the "Brooks Brothers riot" was small potatoes compared to Jan 6. Name a bigger US political story since the 1970s. Watergate was indeed a "third rate burglary" -- as Nixon put it -- in comparison.

This had advance publicity by Trump, had his call to arms with apocalyptic language (see Henry V below), even had a bit of comedy with the guy sporting horns, plus lots of other bells and whistles. It was the right wing's unsuccessful Bastille, a US version of Adolf's 1920s Beer Hall Putsch in Munich, only Trump didn't make it to the parade after his speech. Like St. Crispan's day. "This story shall the good republican teach his son,"GOPers of the future will think themselves "accursed they were not there, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us on Jan 6." (Apologies to the Bard.)

No, it seems entirely appropriate. Trump, who said the 2016 election was fixed, outdid himself in 2020. The 2000 election controversy garnered a lots of attention as well, but the "Brooks Brothers riot" was small potatoes compared to Jan 6. Name a bigger US political story since the 1970s. Watergate was indeed a "third rate burglary" -- as Nixon put it -- in comparison.

This had advance publicity by Trump, had his call to arms with apocalyptic language (see Henry V below), even had a bit of comedy with the guy sporting horns, plus lots of other bells and whistles. It was the right wing's unsuccessful Bastille, a US version of Adolf's 1920s Beer Hall Putsch in Munich, only Trump didn't make it to the parade after his speech. Like St. Crispan's day. "This story shall the good republican teach his son,"GOPers of the future will think themselves "accursed they were not there, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us on Jan 6." (Apologies to the Bard.)

Well I suppose one is born every minute.

Tha

That's what Trump has counted on for many years. Still does, reportedly to the tune GOP's $250 million.

Alas autistic screeching about Trump. It would be worth it to elect him again just to see it break you people some more.

Alas autistic screeching about Trump. It would be worth it to elect him again just to see it break you people some more.
Ok, let's stop beating about the bush. Enter your opinion of the various Trump scams: university, foundation, steaks, birtherism, using inaugural donations for himself, violating the emoluments clause.

What is more than worth it is to see his supporters swallow so much. Maybe, just for fun, he will actually shoot someone on Fifth Avenue. Have to admit, pretending that all his crookedness, insults and lies are just "owning the libs" is a fine defense mechanism. Face facts: he's a crook and low life, and many of his supporters seem to love it. That's the real Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Ok, let's stop beating about the bush. Enter your opinion of the various Trump scams: university, foundation, steaks, birtherism, using inaugural donations for himself, violating the emoluments clause.
Don't care. Far less currupt than anybody that has held that office before or sense.

Our current ass clown and chief started a war in Ukraine to cover up his family's embezzlement, he creeps on little girls including his own daughter. Compared to him Trump is saint.
What is more than worth it is to see his supporters swallow so much.
Hearing you say this after finishing your plate of bs and your 15 the helping of it is rather ironic.
Maybe, just for fun, he will actually shoot someone on Fifth Avenue. Have to admit, pretending that all his crookedness, insults and lies are just "owning the libs" is a fine defense mechanism. Face facts: he's a crook and low life, and many of his supporters seem to love it. That's the real Trump Derangement Syndrome.
He's a saint compared to Bush 1&2, Obama, Clinton, Biden, and just about anybody else you can think of.

Quit being such a pawn.

Don't care. Far less currupt than anybody that has held that office before or sense.

Our current ass clown and chief started a war in Ukraine to cover up his family's embezzlement, he creeps on little girls including his own daughter. Compared to him Trump is saint.
Hearing you say this after finishing your plate of bs and your 15 the helping of it is rather ironic.
He's a saint compared to Bush 1&2, Obama, Clinton, Biden, and just about anybody else you can think of.

Quit being such a pawn.
Give me a break. No one comes close to Trump. Insults, open corruption, support of torture and war crimes, unwillingness to accept defeat, whatever. Name anything like his university scam that Obama or the Bushes did. Didn't reveal his taxes, didn't separate himself from his businesses. Go ahead, donate to his latest $250 million hustle.

And as I recall, it was Trump's pal Putin who started the war in Ukraine.

Give me a break. No one comes close to Trump. Insults, open corruption, support of torture and war crimes, unwillingness to accept defeat, whatever. Name anything like his university scam that Obama or the Bushes did. Didn't reveal his taxes, didn't separate himself from his businesses. Go ahead, donate to his latest $250 million hustle.

And as I recall, it was Trump's pal Putin who started the war in Ukraine.
No breaks given you're blind to the corruption of your party because you don't give a shit about corruption. If you did you wouldn't be focusing on Trump he was probably the least corrupt politician in modern history.

You focus on it because your tribe tells you to. That's also why you pretended that there was an insurrection.

No breaks given you're blind to the corruption of your party because you don't give a shit about corruption. If you did you wouldn't be focusing on Trump he was probably the least corrupt politician in modern history.
Ignoring everything else $250,000,000 bilked directly from his supporters is quite a grift indeed. Don't feel bad, he scammed a lot of people.

You focus on it because your tribe tells you to. That's also why you pretended that there was an insurrection.
There's video proof of an insurrection. Mob breeches capital in order to "stop the steal" => insurrection. You can call it a tour or a picnic lunch, but nobody cares. Just because it failed doesn't mean it was a peaceful gathering of idiots wandering around. Oh, they were idiots, yes, but they did more than take pictures and visit the gift shop.

Ignoring everything else $250,000,000 bilked directly from his supporters is quite a grift indeed. Don't feel bad, he scammed a lot of people.
pretending criminal behavior didn't happen because it was your tribesman that did it isn't a grift it's exploiting your tribalism.

Why are you so blind to this?

There's video proof of an insurrection. Mob breeches capital in order to "stop the steal" => insurrection. You can call it a tour or a picnic lunch, but nobody cares. Just because it failed doesn't mean it was a peaceful gathering of idiots wandering around. Oh, they were idiots, yes, but they did more than take pictures and visit the gift shop.
It wasn't an insurrection. That is Hysteria.
There's a video of a riot a rather mild one in fact. You are so involved in your tribalism that you can't see that.

You're in a glass house and you are throwing stones.

pretending criminal behavior didn't happen because it was your tribesman that did it isn't a grift it's exploiting your tribalism.

Why are you so blind to this?\
I'm not blind to this - this is exactly what Trump did. I call it a grift, you call it exploitation. It's both, really.

There's a video of a riot a rather mild one in fact. You are so involved in your tribalism that you can't see that.

I'm not being hysterical, I'm perfectly calm and reasonable. I'm here, and other places to make sure I stay out of a bubble - I appreciate that you do the same. That said, I don't think it was the most adept insurrection I could have imagined, but that doesn't mean that a mob didn't bust into the capitol of the United States calling for the head of the Vice President of same who was supposed to be counting the votes of the EC at the time. The tally of which would remove their Dear Leader from the office of the Presidency. What do you call it when this happens? Trespassing? Dude. Get some Perspective. This is your country and electoral process that NEEDS to be followed. Without that, we're all lost.

What was the order?

A lie. She was not even in the same room with the "cop". People were yelling. And there is no evidence that the "cop" ever said anything.

A lie. She started climbing through the window. She was not even in the same room with the "cop".

Yes. Unarmed and in cold-blood.

I do.

And so would any other clear-thinking individual.
all of this has been proven false.

Can we agree that this is wrapped up in our politics, involving what we think the woman was objecting to, whom the cop was protecting, the emotions stirred up (in my view irresponsibly) by Trump, etc? I imagine the officer regrets what happened, but by the de facto rules of our society, this gets marked down with all the police shootings that have been questioned, and even civilian actions as that of Travon Martin and the Kenosha killings by Rittenhouse, even going back to the OJ and Rodney King incidents. What we believe and opine about the events will be affected, even at times overwhelmed, by where we sit politically.
politics has nothing to do with it. We have actual footage of what happened here. It's objectively true that she was justifiably shot.

Why are you so blind to this?

1658235846689.png

:ROFLMAO:
Our current ass clown and chief started a war in Ukraine to cover up his family's embezzlement, he creeps on little girls including his own daughter.
this is batshit crazy lol
Compared to him Trump is saint.

Quit being such a pawn.
this is just delusional.

It was sedition, by law and definition.
There's a video of a riot a rather mild one in fact.
Sedition.
You are so involved in your tribalism that you can't see that.

Trying to rationalize away the fact that the events of 1/6 were by definition and law, sedition, doesn't make reality go away.

I've proven your statement was a lie
You think you have but you haven't. You don't understand what an investigation is.

You think you have but you haven't.
We both know I have. You stated there were no investigations. That is a demonstrated and proven lie. I gave you dozens.
You don't understand what an investigation is.
Of course I do. It's why I was able to show your statement was a proven lie.

We both know I have. You stated there were no investigations. That is a demonstrated and proven lie. I gave you dozens.

Of course I do. It's why I was able to show your statement was a proven lie.
I've wasted enough time with you. Best of luck.

Back
Top Bottom