• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House raises possibility of Impeachment

If Republican's coordinate the effort and make the case, impeachment can be successfully accomplished. No grandstanding, no puffery, simply make the case. One issue upon another. Prepare the public. Supreme Court is helping as much as it can. It's in all our interest to stamp out presidential lawlessness. These federal agencies have people who want to talk, but Obama's crucified whistleblowers. Congresspeople can't be trusted to not to "out" the whistleblowers. Start protecting those sources and there will be plenty of inside people to tell the truth. Orchestrate the case for impeachment and it should be easy.

Don't let the case rely on one talker vs the Obama-talker. If the case comes down to who talks better, it's lost. Remember Clinton. Guilty as they come, but talked his way out of senate conviction. The courts didn't let talking exonerate him and he was convicted there. So, make a strong, multi-faceted case and he'll resign. He already wants to resign, just be professional and help him out the door.

If Republican's coordinate the effort and make the case, impeachment can be successfully accomplished. No grandstanding, no puffery, simply make the case. One issue upon another. Prepare the public. Supreme Court is helping as much as it can. It's in all our interest to stamp out presidential lawlessness. These federal agencies have people who want to talk, but Obama's crucified whistleblowers. Congresspeople can't be trusted to not to "out" the whistleblowers. Start protecting those sources and there will be plenty of inside people to tell the truth. Orchestrate the case for impeachment and it should be easy.

Don't let the case rely on one talker vs the Obama-talker. If the case comes down to who talks better, it's lost. Remember Clinton. Guilty as they come, but talked his way out of senate conviction. The courts didn't let talking exonerate him and he was convicted there. So, make a strong, multi-faceted case and he'll resign. He already wants to resign, just be professional and help him out the door.

You know, the republicans have been trying to get Obama since day one. I thought they were stupid to not keep it a secret but I misjudged how republicans forgive their own no matter what the offense. The meeting in the caucus room on Obama's inauguration day, of elected republican politicians and private citizens plotting on destroying Obama, no matter how it harmed the country, to me was treasonous. They actually plotted to bring the economy to a standstill while they were on the taxpayers payroll. If this isn't treasonous and impeachable, then I don't know what is. Even McConnell, another one who stupidly advertised the republican's only goal: make Obama a one term president didn't seem to faze you people who always bring up the constitution and the founders. So when I see republicans and conservatives like yourself get all high and mighty and indignant about Obama, I just have to laugh at your hypocrisy and false patriotism.

Last edited:
plotting on destroying Obama

Nobody plotted to "destroy" Obama. Dial it down drama-queen. Even the White House's suggests we impeach Obama, so it's hardly "destroying" him, if he suggests it himself? Maybe he wants out of the job? Maybe we are helping him retire early?

Even McConnell, another one who stupidly advertised the repulican's only goal: make Obama a one term president didn't seem to bother you people.

Many of us openly advocated Bevin over McConnell in the primary, so once again you stick your foot in your mouth. It's estimated that 40% of Republicans will support McConnell's Democrat opponent by staying home this November. That's the difference between Republican's and hide-your-lean liberals, we are not a mob with mob-rules. We don't support any old scumbag the party pushes on us. McConnell needs to go, but he hasn't broken laws like Obama. Many Republican's will go against their own party to remove McConnell, but you rabidly back a criminal president. And make no mistake, constitutional lawyers who knowingly break laws are criminals.

You know, the republicans have been trying to get Obama since day one. I thought they were stupid to not keep it a secret but I misjudged how republicans forgive their own no matter what the offense. The meeting in the caucus room on Obama's inauguration day, of elected republican politicians and private citizens plotting on destroying Obama, no matter how it harmed the country, to me was treasonous. They actually plotted to bring the economy to a standstill while they were on the taxpayers payroll. If this isn't treasonous and impeachable, then I don't know what is.

LOL!! You must have been reading some of that crazy stuff on the internet...like: Republicans Are Clearly Happy to Destroy the Country...If They Can Get Political Leverage Out of It | Alternet When will you learn not to parrot spin and hyperbole?

Even McConnell, another one who stupidly advertised the republican's only goal: make Obama a one term president didn't seem to faze you people who always bring up the constitution and the founders. So when I see republicans and conservatives like yourself get all high and mighty and indignant about Obama, I just have to laugh at your hypocrisy and false patriotism.

Show me a Party that doesn't want to make an opposition Party President a one term President and I'll show you a Party who has descended into the depths of stupidity. The Republicans are not stupid.

Sorry, but all your spin and hyperbole doesn't mean Republicans want to impeach Obama. Heck, the only one who is talking about it IS Obama!!

Show me a Party that doesn't want to make an opposition Party President a one term President and I'll show you a Party who has descended into the depths of stupidity. The Republicans are not stupid.

The Republicans are being stupid. They put their Party's goals before the goals of the country. When has any other Party in history behaved in such a manner which obstructs the POTUS at every step and level from doing his job, and now they want to sue and impeach? The Republicans obstructed from day one when he was elected and planned this before he even took office, and now that he has been re-elected, they pursue impeachment and lawsuits. It's plainly childish and quite actually laughable. The Republican Party is a joke these days, and unfortunately, they have people such as yourself who takes their Party seriously. What is it that the Republican Party offers, besides Nobama?

Refuted by White House raising the specter of impeachment this time. The right-wing didn't initiate this one.

There are no shortage of charges. Boehner's lawsuit lists many. Obama's direct violation of NDAA 2013, sections 1027 and 1028 are slam-dunk lawbreaking. The only question is how to prioritize.

Clinton's impeachment and subsequent, post-presidency conviction by the court, was for perjury. Intentionally lying under oath. Clinton's felony conviction had nothing to do with dresses.

This lie about dresses by leftist propagandists is why one must prioritize charges carefully. To ensure the charges stick.

I say go for it, just like the Whitehouse is... Nothing would make Obama and the Dems happier, it would make holding the Senate a sure thing. So PLEASE start those proceedings or get off the pot.

LOL!! You must have been reading some of that crazy stuff on the internet...like: Republicans Are Clearly Happy to Destroy the Country...If They Can Get Political Leverage Out of It | Alternet When will you learn not to parrot spin and hyperbole?

Sorry, but all your spin and hyperbole doesn't mean Republicans want to impeach Obama. Heck, the only one who is talking about it IS Obama!!
your party is willing to impair our nation's progress in order to stymie the accomplishments of the current president
that is unpatriotic - at best
and certainly nothing smart about it

It is all pretty simple. As I see it, opinion only at this point, there is not any real discussion about impeaching Obama at this point.
Palin is a "political analyst" and has no power other than media presence. She is just a focal point for liberals to whine about.
It shakes out like this (very simplified):

They continue to push on all the screw ups by the present administration (IRS, Benghazi, flood of immigrants, yada, yada, yada). They have asked for the DOJ to appoint special prosecutors and start investigations in several situations and the DOJ has refused. That locks in Holder. They can't find anyone else that is willing to fall on their sword that would make it through committee and be approved by the congress. Holder and the DOJ is the key.

The Republicans take the senate in November and start proceedings to impeach Holder. If they can take Holder out then it all falls. He won't be able to protect the president anymore. The Attorney General position was the key in the Nixon impeachment. Nixon couldn't find an AG that would fall on his sword for the president.

The investigations start to reveal issues that the normal public can understand and care about. That is when the real push will start to impeach Obama. Until then it is all pretty much posturing on both sides.

your party is willing to impair our nation's progress in order to stymie the accomplishments of the current president

Don't believe the liberal/progressive/Democrat kool-aid.

The Republicans want to minimize the damage this President can do. They failed with Obamacare. They've done better since then.

The Republicans are being stupid. They put their Party's goals before the goals of the country. When has any other Party in history behaved in such a manner

Ummm...Democrats...2009/2010...Obamacare...nuff said.

which obstructs the POTUS at every step and level from doing his job,

Every time there's been a Republican President.

and now they want to sue and impeach?

Sue...yes...impeach...no. They are correct to sue this President because he has violated the Constitution. They would be correct to impeach him, but they know that's not possible politically. That's why Obama is making such a big deal of impeachment.

The Republicans obstructed from day one when he was elected and planned this before he even took office, and now that he has been re-elected, they pursue impeachment and lawsuits. It's plainly childish and quite actually laughable. The Republican Party is a joke these days, and unfortunately, they have people such as yourself who takes their Party seriously. What is it that the Republican Party offers, besides Nobama?

You got to start somewhere...and Nobama is a great place to start.

I say go for it, just like the Whitehouse is... Nothing would make Obama and the Dems happier, it would make holding the Senate a sure thing. So PLEASE start those proceedings or get off the pot.

Just like you, Obama is BEGGING the Republicans to impeach. That's why he's making such a big deal of it. That's why he's the ONLY one making such a big deal of it.

Too bad that's not going to work. Republicans are not interested in impeachment...at least not right now. They are in a much better position by bringing a suit against Obama and Obama knows it.

So,

Mycroft said:
Democrats...

you like to

Mycroft said:
2009/2010...

cut up people's sentences

Mycroft said:
Obamacare...

in order to argue your points?

Mycroft said:
nuff said.

What does the ACA have to do with Republican obstructionism? They tried their best to obstruct "Obamacare", and now their suing President Obama for issuing an executive order that delayed the penalties from harming businesses and individuals, which is exactly what the GOP bitched and moaned about. The GOP is suing President Obama for doing exactly what the GOP asked him to, and you're onboard with this?

Mycroft said:
Every time there's been a Republican President.

No, no Party in the history of the U.S. has ever been as obstructive as the Republican Party is currently being.

Mycroft said:
Sue...yes...impeach...no. They are correct to sue this President because he has violated the Constitution. They would be correct to impeach him, but they know that's not possible politically. That's why Obama is making such a big deal of impeachment.

Show me where the Constitution has been violated. Some of you "conservatives" throw the "Constitution" word around as if you actually have sole ownership of it and that nobody else understands it and has a right to claim it. Show me that you know what you speak of.

Mycroft said:
You got to start somewhere...and Nobama is a great place to start.

More obstruction from the Obstruction Party.

So,

you like to

cut up people's sentences

in order to argue your points?

And yet...you totally disregard my point. Typical.

What does the ACA have to do with Republican obstructionism?

Who asked that question? Answer: Nobody...except you while trying to deflect. Again, typical.

They tried their best to obstruct "Obamacare", and now their suing President Obama for issuing an executive order that delayed the penalties from harming businesses and individuals, which is exactly what the GOP bitched and moaned about. The GOP is suing President Obama for doing exactly what the GOP asked him to, and you're onboard with this?

Blah, blah...quit yer whining. The GOP never asked Obama to change the law. They asked him to get on board with Congress changing the law. Perhaps you do not discern the difference. One is mandated by the Constitution...one is not.

No, no Party in the history of the U.S. has ever been as obstructive as the Republican Party is currently being.

Yeah, yeah...I'm sure, if you keep saying that, someone will eventually think you are telling the truth.

Show me where the Constitution has been violated. Some of you "conservatives" throw the "Constitution" word around as if you actually have sole ownership of it and that nobody else understands it and has a right to claim it. Show me that you know what you speak of.

No thanks. I'll let the court show you. But you better hope Obama succeeds in getting the Republicans to impeach him. I don't think you'll like the outcome, any more than Obama will, if it does go to court.

More obstruction from the Obstruction Party.

Are you auditioning for the part of the pot? Or the kettle?

Top headline on Drudge - White House: Republicans May Push to Impeach Obama If They Get the Chance

Boehner's lawsuit is a good start, but aren't there many other possible charges?
This thing is going to go about as far as the "birth certificate thing" and the "repeal Obamacare thing".

I swear this GOP lawmaking body has not done anything for progressing this country since Obama first came in to office. Was it not Mitch McConnell that said he wanted to make sure "Obama was a one term president?"

But I feel that this kind of nonsense is going to backfire come November 2014. People do not like seeing other people not working to solve problems.

Accomplishments? The only Obama 'accomplishment' is Obamacare and he has 'stymied' that himself by all his lawless acts of delay and non-enforcement.

This thing is going to go about as far as the "birth certificate thing" and the "repeal Obamacare thing".

I swear this GOP lawmaking body has not done anything for progressing this country since Obama first came in to office. Was it not Mitch McConnell that said he wanted to make sure "Obama was a one term president?"

But I feel that this kind of nonsense is going to backfire come November 2014. People do not like seeing other people not working to solve problems.
Yes which explains why everybody is predicting the democrats will retake the House and increase their majority in the Senate this fall.

You had success with Bill Clinton.... over his horrific act of spewing seamen on a dress....and I'm sure you felt you somehow saved America for doing that. Jobs were created, the economy got better ...all world problems solved because of your tireless efforts to find that dress. :roll:

Perjury was the reason he was impeached... lying under oath as a high ranking holder of political office is a very serious offense. Knock off the hyperbole.

Perjury was the reason he was impeached... lying under oath as a high ranking holder of political office is a very serious offense. Knock off the hyperbole.

I'm not a Clinton defender, but that whole "affair" that involved the GOP's witch hunt into Clinton's private affairs was a joke, and that is how most Americans perceive it. At least the Republicans still somewhat governed back then.

Let's get back to the topic at hand. I think I found a new name for the GOP, and I'll start using it... The Obstruction Party. Or perhaps, the Grand Obstruction Party. Yeah, GOP for short.

I'm not a Clinton defender, but that whole "affair" that involved the GOP's witch hunt into Clinton's private affairs was a joke, and that is how most Americans perceive it. At least the Republicans still somewhat governed back then.

What part of lying under oath as a holder of high political office (perjury) do you not understand here? Is perjury not a reason to impeach a sitting President? 'Yes' or 'no' will suffice.

I'm not a Clinton defender, but that whole "affair" that involved the GOP's witch hunt into Clinton's private affairs was a joke, and that is how most Americans perceive it.

The court didn't perceive it as a joke when they convicted Clinton of felony perjury.

Everything the WH does is political gain - failing to acknowledge such is hypocrisy as well as ironic, given Impeachment was touted by Democrats for years when GW was in office.

Yes, the white house probably acknowledged the impeachment nonsense because they felt it would be politically useful to do so. And?

What part of lying under oath as a holder of high political office (perjury) do you not understand here? Is perjury not a reason to impeach a sitting President? 'Yes' or 'no' will suffice.

He was "under oath" talking about his private affairs with a woman, not the business of managing government, so in this particular case, I would say, "No," and I would also add to that, the fool can lie all he wants to about his sex life, but doing the job assigned as the people elected is what is important. People, such as yourself, care about our politician's personal lives instead of the job that they have been elected to do, and I, for one, am ashamed by people, such as yourself, who help make up what represents these United States of America. He should have never been "under oath" about his love affair. Who cares?

Oh yeah, that's right... the Grand Obstruction Party "cares"

He was "under oath" talking about his private affairs with a woman, not the business of managing government, so in this particular case, I would say, "No," and I would also add to that, the fool can lie all he wants to about his sex life, but doing the job assigned as the people elected is what is important. People, such as yourself, care about our politician's personal lives instead of the job that they have been elected to do, and I, for one, am ashamed by people, such as yourself, who help make up what represents these United States of America. He should have never been "under oath" about his love affair. Who cares?

Oh yeah, that's right... the Grand Obstruction Party "cares"

I am ashamed by people, such as yourself, who help make up a small minority of what represents these United States of America. I am ashamed everyday by people who believe the way you do. Felony perjury by a person in high political office is punishable by impeachment. Sorry that you don't feel like the laws apply for members of your esteemed party.

The court didn't perceive it as a joke when they convicted Clinton of felony perjury.

Felony perjury? And what became of that? I'll restate that most Americans perceive that piece of history as a joke, and who is the flame carriers of that entire issue?

The Grand Obstruction Party. Party before nation politics at its best.

I am ashamed by people, such as yourself, who help make up a small minority of what represents these United States of America. I am ashamed everyday by people who believe the way you do. Felony perjury by a person in high political office is punishable by impeachment. Sorry that you don't feel like the laws apply for members of your esteemed party.

Nixon.

Back
Top Bottom