• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

White House Is Weighing a Syria Retreat

And this is why I can't take you seriously.

A Bernie Sanders supporter who's post have been relegated down to innane and irrelevant one liners not taking me seriously is big check in the old W column.

Means I'm doing something right

The US gains nothing which fits right in to Obama's plan to knock this Nation down a peg or two

Obama' s a radical ideologue, not a proud patriot

I disagree. The entire point is to take out governments we don't like and to ensure that such a government doesn't come up again, which is why you have Libya, Iraq, and now Syria put into chaos. If you look at it, the US government has been targeting secular, anti-jihadist governments in the MENA region for destabilization.

Obama did bad by helping Syrian Rebels and now he's going to do bad by stopping

-conservatives.

Obama did bad by helping Syrian Rebels and now he's going to do bad by stopping

-conservatives.

No - he did bad by spending 500 million training 5 fighters.... and now he's admitted it was a **** idea that he was never behind in the first place. I think we taxpayers got off lucky only having to pay half a billion for those 5.

I've looked very much into this and I do agree with they are trying to prop up Assad- by killing terrorists.

There's no good side to choose in that battle. Let Saudi Arabia do its job.

There's no good side to choose in that battle. Let Saudi Arabia do its job.

Apparently Saudi Arabia's job is funding extremist jihadis and working to destabilize Syria.

Apparently Saudi Arabia's job is funding extremist jihadis and working to destabilize Syria.

no, Saudi Arabia's job as a regional hegemon is to work to stabilize the region.

Because you know.... the strong retreat, but taking over the middle east is a sign of weakness on Putins part.

Wait. They no longer doubt that? Did they ever doubt that?

For the love of...

....how naïve are these people???

:doh

I'm going to start drinking now.

With Putin taking over Syria, it is best to get completely out by the USA.

No reason to stay there anymore.

no, Saudi Arabia's job as a regional hegemon is to work to stabilize the region.

:lamo I think Iran may have something to say about that. :)

Oh well. It's not like the two powers both violently hate each other, or have access to a large number of uber-violent proxies, or are currently engaged at all in multiple proxy wars......

......wait......

Oh well. It's not like the two powers both violently hate each other, or have access to a large number of uber-violent proxies, or are currently engaged at all in multiple proxy wars......

......wait......

Im sure the whole thing will blow over now that they both want nukes.

......wait......

that's for them to to work out.

Im sure the whole thing will blow over now that they both want nukes.

At least the middle east isn't sitting right on top of any major global strategic trade route chokepoints, or a global economic center of gravity, right?

Helix said:
that's for them to to work out.

I wonder what 200,000+ Syrians would think about that.

The Saudi's are peace loving wimps that know how to pump oil, run cartels, and bank money.

They don't have the backbone or the balls to train or run an army.

and we should encourage them to change that so that they can police their own region.

The Saudi's are peace loving wimps that know how to pump oil, run cartels, and bank money.

They don't have the backbone or the balls to train or run an army.
... Been paying much attention to Yemen lately?

I'm for abandoning the middle east except for Israel. There is no strategic reason for fussing around with it and no benefit to the U.S. I don't see how it is any benefit to Russia either.

USA get out of Syria.

USA stay out of Syria.

Not our fight.

then we agree. the US should focus on rebuilding the US, and the Middle East should focus on rebuilding the Middle East.

Who do I support? I just find the conservatives constant hysteria funny. Has nothing to do with Obama.

Heya Mak. :2wave: Just what Hysteria is there with BO peep retreating?

I'm for abandoning the middle east except for Israel. There is no strategic reason for fussing around with it and no benefit to the U.S. I don't see how it is any benefit to Russia either.

Heya FMW. :2wave: What about the Kurds?

Heya FMW. :2wave: What about the Kurds?

I wish them the best of luck. Personally I wouldn't waste another life or another dollar on the middle east (Israel excpted.) It is a rat hole and I'm content to allow it to destroy itself.

Back
Top Bottom