• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Which gop members will try to turn this supreme court hearing into a shit show?

The same ones that turn every Judicial nomination into a shit show.

Cruz
Kennedy
Cotton
Graham

The one thing they all have in common is that neither of them even pretends to have any interest in actually legislating. They all are show ponies, not work horses. And for as long as they are able to hold onto their jobs, we can count on them making the most television appearances, and authoring the LEAST number of actual bills.
^^^^ was asleep
During the Kavanaugh and Barrett smear jobs . SMH . #bubble

It makes no difference. They're just replacing one progressive with another. We all know how she's going to vote. Confirm her and move on to more serious issues. I'm happy Biden didn't nominate Oprah, Joy Reid, or Michelle Obama.

As long as Biden doesn't get us all cooked in a nuclear cloud, I'm satisfied he's doing the best he can. It's a very low bar, but if he can manage avoiding a self-inflicted mass extinction, we'll likely survive the turd.

Maybe conservatives should put up respectable choices and not religious nutjobs and ***** grabbers with minimal experience. Even Thomas who was contentious had so little actual bench experience and was so young. Put up stronger candidates.

There are only so many insane far-right black men to pick from.

Unlike republicans who look for petty, nonsense shit, Democrats point out actual facts that are concerning for a SCOTUS> And they are proving to be correct as the Conservative SCOTUS has made some incredibly shitty decisions that screw over the people in favor of the corporation. Every ruling they make favors the corporation over the people

It's pretty easy. Federalist Society groomed soldiers that the Republicans use exclusively = terrible. Remember when they tried to hide it, with Roberts saying he didn't remember being a member?

Graham gave it the ol' college try, but the moment fizzled when he was done.

It's Graham. He was tragically born without any vertebrae.

Biden punked the Republicans yet again. He picked a great nominee that makes the Q segment of the Republican party look really, really dumb.

Which Goppers will turn it into a shitshow? All of them. It's what they do best. They play to their crowd, it's not about the appointment.

Ted Cruz sure fit the description of the thread, questioning about an irrelevant children's book raising issues of racism and babies. What is it with Cruz and Children's books, he's also infamous for reading 'Green Eggs and Ham' from the Senate floor.

It makes no difference. They're just replacing one progressive with another. We all know how she's going to vote. Confirm her and move on to more serious issues. I'm happy Biden didn't nominate Oprah, Joy Reid, or Michelle Obama.

As long as Biden doesn't get us all cooked in a nuclear cloud, I'm satisfied he's doing the best he can. It's a very low bar, but if he can manage avoiding a self-inflicted mass extinction, we'll likely survive the turd.

Republicans have come to believe that the Supreme Court belongs to them. They don't believe the Demicrats should be able to put who they want on the Court, even to the degree of altogether denying a hearing for one.

Republicans have come to believe that the Supreme Court belongs to them. They don't believe the Demicrats should be able to put who they want on the Court, even to the degree of altogether denying a hearing for one.
Same attitude with elections. They don't believe democrats should be able to win.

Not too many years ago, it was viewed oppositely. It would be beneficial if some of the most divisive issues were returned to the various states. The "one size fits all" approach is unnecessarily fracturing on some issues. Abortion, for example, is one such issue. It's hardly a secret that folks in Mississippi view abortion differently than those in, say, Massachusetts. Within moral and civil limits, I see no reason why both states can't have their way.

The current nominee will likely be approved without too much fuss.

Not too many years ago, it was viewed oppositely. It would be beneficial if some of the most divisive issues were returned to the various states. The "one size fits all" approach is unnecessarily fracturing on some issues. Abortion, for example, is one such issue. It's hardly a secret that folks in Mississippi view abortion differently than those in, say, Massachusetts. Within moral and civil limits, I see no reason why both states can't have their way.

The current nominee will likely be approved without too much fuss.
Roe v Wade established abortion as a constitutional right. States cannot violate the US Constitution, regardless of how divided society may be.

Reversing Roe will require a reinterpretation of the Constitution. I'm still not convinced this will occur, though if it does, it will have effects on privacy and bodily autonomy that will need to be addressed.

Roe v Wade established abortion as a constitutional right. States cannot violate the US Constitution, regardless of how divided society may be.

Reversing Roe will require a reinterpretation of the Constitution. I'm still not convinced this will occur, though if it does, it will have effects on privacy and bodily autonomy that will need to be addressed.
I think abortion is just one of several issues that should be left to the states to determine. They are extremely divisive issues culturally, and letting the states decide them, within limits I mentioned in the previous post, would help unify us and remove what I believe is an undue burden on the SC.

Graham was preforming like crazy for the third day in a row. Russia's kompromat on him must he yuge!

^^^^ was asleep
During the Kavanaugh and Barrett smear jobs . SMH . #bubble
:rolleyes:Yes, of course. I am truly "SMH" at what passes as a well-reasoned rebuttal from you. Only people like you could offer up such a pathetic analogy.
  • Kavanaugh was credibly accused of of multiple accounts of sexual assault and sexual harassment by multiple credible witnesses and he pathetically fell apart emotionally under questioning.
  • Barrett was (literally) the LEAST experienced, least qualified nominee in the last century.
  • Brown-Jackson's personal character and judicial temperament are completely beyond reproach; and she is (literally) the most experienced and qualified candidate in the last 30 years.
Just another utterly vacuous argument from you, @KLATTU.

The shallow and random attacks on KBJ are all indications that they GOPer crowd realizes they have NOTHING of substance to criticize this nominee.

Graham was preforming like crazy for the third day in a row. Russia's kompromat on him must he yuge!
And now it's Hawley's turn. It's disgusting that that anti-American is brow-beating somebody who is a million times better on her worst day than he is on his best.

:rolleyes:Yes, of course. I am truly "SMH" at what passes as a well-reasoned rebuttal from you. Only people like you could offer up such a pathetic analogy.
  • Kavanaugh was credibly accused of of multiple accounts of sexual assaulttance to criticize this nominee.
nope. Left wing looney wifts don't count .
"Never happened" - All 4 witnesses

Back
Top Bottom