• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where was the Tea Party During the Bush Years?

Tea party took off when Bush announced bailouts.

OK I stand corrected then. Those that were upset with Bush's spending and left the Republican Party started protesting before President Obama's election.
:failpail:

OK then I stand corrected. Those that left and Republican Party and were upset with Bush's spending started it before President Obama was elected. Sucks that you guys are the in minority now.

OK then I stand corrected. Those that left and Republican Party and were upset with Bush's spending started it before President Obama was elected. Sucks that you guys are the in minority now.

Why would it suck? We are turning more and more people on to the whole small government less taxes thing. :shrug:

Why would it suck? We are turning more and more people on to the whole small government less taxes thing. :shrug:

Having been to a few of the Tea Parties including the one in Boston I just don't buy it. From the people I talk to at these things, and I do try and talk to a lot, it just seems like they are more upset with the President for having a D in front of him name. And I do try and find reasonable people to talk to and not the crazies. Although the crazies are really fun to mock in person. If in the long run it turns out the same amount of people will stay even if a Republican gets elected and continues to spend then I will once again say I was wrong.

Having been to a few of the Tea Parties including the one in Boston I just don't buy it. From the people I talk to at these things, and I do try and talk to a lot, it just seems like they are more upset with the President for having a D in front of him name. And I do try and find reasonable people to talk to and not the crazies. Although the crazies are really fun to mock in person. If in the long run it turns out the same amount of people will stay even if a Republican gets elected and continues to spend then I will once again say I was wrong.

This is that whole degrade a movement schtik that I see all too often.... :shrug:

This is that whole degrade a movement schtik that I see all too often.... :shrug:

I am not trying to degrade it. When I first heard about the Tea Parties I supported them and was planning to go to a few back home. However once Palin started sticking her head into it I backed away. Now I am just watching and seeing what the Tea Party turns into to.

I am not trying to degrade it. When I first heard about the Tea Parties I supported them and was planning to go to a few back home. However once Palin started sticking her head into it I backed away. Now I am just watching and seeing what the Tea Party turns into to.

Remember the war protests? Should I label all anti war types as a bunch of n. korean flag waving anti-American kooks? This nonstop harping on the fringe of a movement you don't agree with, is rather played. :shrug:

Remember the war protests? Should I label all anti war types as a bunch of n. korean flag waving anti-American kooks? This nonstop harping on the fringe of a movement you don't agree with, is rather played. :shrug:

I do remember them and I attended some. And I do agree that the overplayed generalization to hurt the movement are wrong. And if it seems like I am harping on the fringe I am honestly not trying to. It is just when these politicians get involved it becomes a bit murky because all they know how to do is get elected.

I do remember them and I attended some. And I do agree that the overplayed generalization to hurt the movement are wrong. And if it seems like I am harping on the fringe I am honestly not trying to. It is just when these politicians get involved it becomes a bit murky because all they know how to do is get elected.

Been to any since The One became president?

Yeah I went to one a few months ago, but when they started protesting Afghanistan I left because I actually support that war.

Seriously...you MUST post pictures of the rally because apparently the media hasnt covered the massive throngs of anti-war protestors. (Im guessing they were as vocal as they were protesting the war against Serbia).

Seriously...you MUST post pictures of the rally because apparently the media hasnt covered the massive throngs of anti-war protestors. (Im guessing they were as vocal as they were protesting the war against Serbia).

I don't remember the protest for the war against Serbia since I would have been about 5. But I will see if my friend has pictures still. To be honest though there weren't nearly as many people there this time as there was when President Bush was in the White House. Although there were a ton of Communists there protesting and it was fun making fun of them.

Well what do you guys think? Bush took us straight from a surplus into an incredible deficit. He spent massive amounts of money paying for a Medicare program that was actually a worse deal than what seniors were getting before. Where were these guys before?
They weren't organized yet but they were complaining about the excessive spending. Even Limbaugh called him out.

What you need to consider is conservatives and future TEA members were also getting a lot of what they did want; Tax rate reduction, aggressive stance on Islamic terror, etc. In that sort of environment a person will be less apt to make a scene. But now Obama has multiplied the debt/deficit, so it only makes sense they organize now.

It's a grassroots movement that has very little tangible positions. You are asking that a grassroots movement with vague positions somehow exclude mainstream elements of conservatism when a powerful liberal is in office. What exactly would you expect to happen?

Why did you support them to begin with?

Back
Top Bottom