• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Where is my party.

teacher said:
I was wondering why you.......put it like this. I find little difference between you and I, EXCEPT FOR MY FRIGGIN MOM, but she seems happy. Check out the reasonable Libertarian party. It's a wasted vote for sure, but damn sure has a lack of representation on this site. Cept for me of course.

I'll say it again. Libertarian party seems to take the logical of both parties and throws the rest away. But they can't seen to get a foot hold. Why is that? I know. Follow the MONEY. Until the majority learn to think for them self and read between the medias and the the party lines, we are doomed to stay this course.

For myself. I'll listen to ALL OZZY and see who I can annoy.

It's my niche.

Actually, I think doing away with taxes, etc. is a little over the top...isn't that one of their main stances? I kind of like roads...and schools...and the police...and hospitals...

Only because I'm into the brew and because the fair waif Kelzie requests it.

Republicans: "We need to open up new sources of oil".

Democrates: "We need to encourage new alternative sources of energy."

All fine and dandy to say so you pric*ks.

Reps oft stated resolution of said problem does not get us away from dependence on fossil fuel.

Dems rhetoric while getting votes never did a damn thing to advance the funding of "alternative sources."

Both parties have had the overwhelming power of the Congress and the Presidency yet while holding said power never did a DAMN thing about it. ie. Funding research for the advancement of said. Tax incentives for such or making auto's more efficient. I grow bored. Think this through on your own. It's there. BOTH parties are beholden to big oil. For all their rhetoric they both suck like the French.

There is way more I could say here but the BEST teacher teaches the students to learn and think for themselves.

Where's my party? Not these two schlubs.

Question the status quo.

I say go nuclear. And do it now while we still have the oil we need to build the nuclear plants.

Along with other things to decrease the amount of nuclear plants needed, such as:

-wind energy where possible
-solar roofs on all buildings (like Germany!!!)
-huge amounts of electric powered public transportation
-more incentives to buy/develop hybrids

Not really sure if this is either parties line...the Rep. need to realize that the new oil wells they want to open up won't last that long. The Dems need to put their money where their mouth is. Oil will be gone soon...whether in 10 years or 50. Might as well start preparing now.

Kelzie said:
Actually, I think doing away with taxes, etc. is a little over the top...isn't that one of their main stances? I kind of like roads...and schools...and the police...and hospitals...

Said "consumption tax", "national sales tax" or the new "fair tax" ect. is what pays for said things. Government still collects, just in a better, smarter, more logical, way. If you can find a way to live with out spending money....you don't pay taxes. But then hunters and eaters of self grown food do that all the time.

Where did I ever say taxes would be done away with? They're just collected better, more equitably.

Think for yourselves.

Turn off the media.

Next level folks.

"They", don't want this.

teacher said:
Said "consumption tax", "national sales tax" or the new "fair tax" ect. is what pays for said things. Government still collects, just in a better, smarter, more logical, way. If you can find a way to live with out spending money....you don't pay taxes. But then hunters and eaters of self grown food do that all the time.

Where did I ever say taxes would be done away with? They're just collected better, more equitably.

Think for yourselves.

Turn off the media.

Next level folks.

"They", don't want this.

Calm down yo, I never said you said do away with taxes. But isn't that one of the big deals for the libertarian party?

Kelzie said:
Calm down yo, I never said you said do away with taxes. But isn't that one of the big deals for the libertarian party?

Yes they have. Thought I made it clear there are two Libertarian parties.

One says we should legalize EVERYTHING. Including Heroin.

And the other. A step down from that. Just a tad more logical.

Take the fiscally responsible of the Democrates, breed them with the not so morally uptight Republicans, wala, you got me.

Kelzie said:
I say go nuclear. And do it now while we still have the oil we need to build the nuclear plants.

God, I can't believe I'm going to say this. Is not france 100% nuclear? It can be done safely. That is a thread on it's own. But a dead one from the get go.
Along with other things to decrease the amount of nuclear plants needed, such as:
-wind energy where possible
Take a box fan, put it on your roof, hooked up to a car altenator that charges a 12 VDC (car battery), hook them up to 12 VDC LED's, wala, never pay for lights again. And that's off the shelf stuff.

-solar roofs on all buildings (like Germany!!!)
said that a few times on this site. No reply. Shows me people would rather fight than find a solution.
-huge amounts of electric powered public transportation
Next step here girl. On your own now. How do we generate the power with out fossil fuels? Think BIG girl. Go.
-more incentives to buy/develop hybrids

Like I said, which party helps drive this foward? Trick question.
Not really sure if this is either parties line...the Rep. need to realize that the new oil wells they want to open up won't last that long.
Decades. But that's not the point.

The Dems need to put their money where their mouth is. Oil will be gone soon...whether in 10 years or 50. Might as well start preparing now.

Longer actually. But not long enough. But then I gotta ask. Why doesn't either side care how they leave their Grandchildren?

Greed.

Do you understand how nuclear power works? Not picking on you. That's a question to all. It is sweet. Critical mass is a beautiful and safely controllable thing. Why is it our Naval vessels have no problem with this? Inside a sealed tube no less. The questions you need to ask are out there people, you're just not asking, or apparently, thinking of them.

Move to the head of the class Kelzie. You're homework. Think I've already explained it on this site but......research Hydrogen gas.

Class dismissed.

teacher said:
God, I can't believe I'm going to say this. Is not france 100% nuclear? It can be done safely. That is a thread on it's own. But a dead one from the get go..

Think they're 80% maybe...hell of a lot better off than we are...

teacher said:
Take a box fan, put it on your roof, hooked up to a car altenator that charges a 12 VDC (car battery), hook them up to 12 VDC LED's, wala, never pay for lights again. And that's off the shelf stuff.

said that a few times on this site. No reply. Shows me people would rather fight than find a solution.

No argument here...I think people are looking for a magic energy source that will replace oil. Nothing will replace oil. I think we are going to have to use a variety of energy sources in the future.

teacher said:
Next step here girl. On your own now. How do we generate the power with out fossil fuels? Think BIG girl. Go.

Well, I already said it. Nuclear plants generate electricity. Of course, the catch-22 is that you need fossil fuels to build nuclear plants...and solar panels...and wind harvesters...which is why I say we need to start now before it is too late.

teacher said:
Decades. But that's not the point.

I have an issue with this claim. There are 1.27 trillion gallons of oil left in the world (according to 2004 estimates which I also have issues with because the group that reports the estimates uses professionals provided by oil companies and OPEC, which needless to say have a lot to gain by exagerating). Should last us roughly 45 more years. Of course, what so many people are ignoring is that it is not a) cost effective, or b) energy effective to drill all the oil from a well. The exact amount of oil recoverable varies from well to well, but there is no well where 100% extraction is possible. And, as a well dries up, the amount of oil that can be pumped in a day also declines. All this spells big problems, not just at the end of our oil reserves, but decades before it.

teacher said:
Do you understand how nuclear power works? Not picking on you. That's a question to all. It is sweet. Critical mass is a beautiful and safely controllable thing. Why is it our Naval vessels have no problem with this? Inside a sealed tube no less. The questions you need to ask are out there people, you're just not asking, or apparently, thinking of them.

Not really. Too much physics. I was always more interested in chemistry. I've seen the numbers, nuclear power is clean, safe, and available now. That's all I really care about.

teacher said:
Move to the head of the class Kelzie. You're homework. Think I've already explained it on this site but......research Hydrogen gas.

Class dismissed.

Hydrogen fuel is a big fat joke. I'm going to list my problems with hydrogen:

1. Hydrogen is not naturally occurring in nature. It must be manufactured.

2. There are several methods of producing hydrogen. The most popular the electrolysis of water, which is basically running a current through water. The problem is a) that the vast majority of our electricity comes from fossil fuels, and b) this procedure uses just as much energy as it produces.

3. Another method is producing hydrogen from hydrocarbon fuel (such as natural gas or biomass waste), but it produces CO2, and is very costly.

4. Maybe, maybe, we will find a way to produce hydrogen in a energy-efficient way. It would still be an incredible impractical source of fuel for several reasons.

5. The only way for hydrogen to be practically used to fuel a car is if it is in a liquid state. If it is in a gas state, it would take up a ridiculous amount of volume to make a car go any amount of distance.

7. Even in a liquid state, to get the same amount of energy out of your gas tank, a hydrogen tank would have to be 8 times the size of a normal tank.

8. No big deal right? We can deal with 8 times right? The warmest temp that hydrogen will be in a liquid form is -240 degrees C. No matter what pressure it's at. Of course, if it's not a pressurized tank, it will have to be much colder to keep hydrogen in a liquid form. But we will assume, for a minute, that the tanks are pressurized enough. Negative two hundred and forty degrees CELSIUS!!! We're talking some MAJOR technological break throughs before cars are able to lug around some sort of refridgeration system that can keep the tank that cold.

9. Last problem. Ruptures. I don't care if it's in the tank, in the pipes, whatever. Hydrogen gas is explosive with as little as 5% oxygen. And since it is so much more powerful that gasoline, a ruptured tank would mean a fireball capable of destroying anything within several hundred meters.

Enough homework for you?

Last edited:
Kelzie said:
Enough homework for you?

Most swell young waif. In the mood to be annoying tonight, though. I've a rep to uphold. Got all your answers. Much typing. Keep thinking. You might retract some of those points. You are WAY at the head of the class. Connect that German thing to the electrical production of Hydrogen gas.

PS. Many of us will fill up more often to stick it to the Arabs.

PS part duex. What be the difference when all is said and done between Propane and Hydrogen gas?

teacher said:

Think for yourselves.

Turn off the media.

Next level folks.

"They", don't want this.

Correction.

Pro Conservative: No one should have to pay more in taxes just because they have more money but the rich should have to pay a luxury tax and inheritance tax and should get tax breaks the poor aren't priveleged too.

teacher said:
Most swell young waif. In the mood to be annoying tonight, though. I've a rep to uphold. Got all your answers. Much typing. Keep thinking. You might retract some of those points. You are WAY at the head of the class. Connect that German thing to the electrical production of Hydrogen gas.

PS. Many of us will fill up more often to stick it to the Arabs.

PS part duex. What be the difference when all is said and done between Propane and Hydrogen gas?

Ah man, did you read what I wrote? Hydrogen fuel can never happen. It is totally impractical. Big difference between propane and hydrogen. Propane is liquid at -42C. And it doesn't ignite until 920F in air. And propane is nowhere near as efficient as either gasoline or hydrogen energy.

Even if we could seperate hydrogen, it will still never work.

Kelzie said:
Ah man, did you read what I wrote? Hydrogen fuel can never happen. It is totally impractical. Big difference between propane and hydrogen. Propane is liquid at -42C. And it doesn't ignite until 920F in air. And propane is nowhere near as efficient as either gasoline or hydrogen energy.

Even if we could seperate hydrogen, it will still never work.

I guess I missed a post or something. Was not the Hindenburg filled with Hydrogen? I'm not saying use LIQUID Hydrogen, the GAS.

Yea, 920F, I'll take your word. That little pilot lite does wonders don't it?

Research.

Napoleon's Nightingale said:
Correction.

Pro Conservative: No one should have to pay more in taxes just because they have more money but the rich should have to pay a luxury tax and inheritance tax and should get tax breaks the poor aren't priveleged too.

Rich spend more money, so they pay more tax in this plan.

Think junior.

So your supposedly poor Grandma dies and leaves you all her money. Guess what sport? A huge, (like my brain), portion goes to Uncle Sam. Still okay with that?

Are we in the basement? Yes. You're a dumbass.

Quite trying to stomp on me just because I'm teacher, of the huge brain, and instead have some merit to your points. You did well in another thread for a moment, what happened?

teacher said:
I guess I missed a post or something. Was not the Hindenburg filled with Hydrogen? I'm not saying use LIQUID Hydrogen, the GAS.

Yea, 920F, I'll take your word. That little pilot lite does wonders don't it?

Research.

The Hindenburg was filled with hydrogen for lift. It ran off of diesel engines.

Kelzie said:

All of this is pointless, we are going to go about the oil crisis in the American way. Wait until we run out, and then panick, running around like chickens with our head cut off.

I don't know nuthin bout that hydrogen and nuculer stuff, so I say we flood the country and travel on boats, sailboats and paddles etc. Don't need oil.

HTColeman said:
All of this is pointless, we are going to go about the oil crisis in the American way. Wait until we run out, and then panick, running around like chickens with our head cut off.

I don't know nuthin bout that hydrogen and nuculer stuff, so I say we flood the country and travel on boats, sailboats and paddles etc. Don't need oil.

A la Water World huh? Loved that movie.:mrgreen:

Long time no see...or have I just not been paying attention?

Kelzie said:
A la Water World huh? Loved that movie.:mrgreen:

Long time no see...or have I just not been paying attention?

I was on vacation, but yeah, Water World, very wet movie.

HTColeman said:
I was on vacation, but yeah, Water World, very wet movie.
That would go over well for southerners, boating isn't a hobby here, it's a way of life.

Kelzie said:

Like I said in the TT thread, Iceland has the first H2 gas station, so there are cars that run on H2. Forgive me for being dense, but what was your point about? Not being able to use H2 as a fuel for vehicles? Or not as a gas because to many refills? A ex boyfriend was named Hydro and it reminds you of him and can't that I heart hydro tattoo off? Rabbits are scared of H2? You own stock of Mobile and don't want to lose cash? cnredd said not to? Oh please say because you have to use energy from fossil fuels to make H2 and it's just a big wash.

teacher said:
Like I said in the TT thread, Iceland has the first H2 gas station, so there are cars that run on H2. Forgive me for being dense, but what was your point about? Not being able to use H2 as a fuel for vehicles? Or not as a gas because to many refills? A ex boyfriend was named Hydro and it reminds you of him and can't that I heart hydro tattoo off? Rabbits are scared of H2? You own stock of Mobile and don't want to lose cash? cnredd said not to? Oh please say because you have to use energy from fossil fuels to make H2 and it's just a big wash.

Huh. Well it is. Not the point. Those are for hydrogen fuel cells right? Very different than hydrogen fuel. :nahnah:

Do you find it odd that they've opened 30 stations when not one person in Iceland owns a car that runs on it?

Kelzie said:
Huh. Well it is. Not the point. Those are for hydrogen fuel cells right? Very different than hydrogen fuel. :nahnah:

Do you find it odd that they've opened 30 stations when not one person in Iceland owns a car that runs on it?

What are H2 fuel cells? They can't hold H2 gas? What I'm thinking of is similar to Propane and natural gas. Refillable tanks. At homes businesses, and in vehicles. Have you been reading up on this?

From the report on Iceland I saw I seem to remember that the government vehicles were going to use it. A big test if you will.

And never forget..................If you build it they will come.

I've seen H2 cars with the motor running and a guy hold a glass under the tailpipe then drinks the water byproduct. Your just rattling my cage aren't you. What exactly is your opposition to H2?

Huh. Well it is.

Are you asking me for my grand idea?

teacher said:
What are H2 fuel cells? They can't hold H2 gas? What I'm thinking of is similar to Propane and natural gas. Refillable tanks. At homes businesses, and in vehicles. Have you been reading up on this?

From the report on Iceland I saw I seem to remember that the government vehicles were going to use it. A big test if you will.

And never forget..................If you build it they will come.

I've seen H2 cars with the motor running and a guy hold a glass under the tailpipe then drinks the water byproduct. Your just rattling my cage aren't you. What exactly is your opposition to H2?

Huh. Well it is.

Are you asking me for my grand idea?

They run on fuel cells. They have to refuel every 100 miles cause it's like a battery. Not the same as hydrogen fuel.

But let's hear this grand idea.

Kelzie said:
They run on fuel cells. They have to refuel every 100 miles cause it's like a battery. Not the same as hydrogen fuel.

But let's hear this grand idea.

So they are not containers of H2? What are they made of? What do they store in what manner? How are they charged and with what? This is more questions I've asked about something I don't know since I joined this site. I now demote myself from huge brain to only massive. thanks a lot Kelzie.

You've got to admit H2 can be stored similar to Propane and burned as a gas in a combustion engine before we go there.

I just had a black customer call. I'm going to work.

teacher said:
So they are not containers of H2? What are they made of? What do they store in what manner? How are they charged and with what? This is more questions I've asked about something I don't know since I joined this site. I now demote myself from huge brain to only massive. thanks a lot Kelzie.

You've got to admit H2 can be stored similar to Propane and burned as a gas in a combustion engine before we go there.

I just had a black customer call. I'm going to work.

A black customer call...what does that mean exactly?

I'll have to do some research on hydrogen cells. I'll get back to ya.

Kelzie said:
A black customer call...what does that mean exactly?

I'll have to do some research on hydrogen cells. I'll get back to ya.

After a glimpse, it appears fuel cells is a misnomer. A fuel cell does not store fuel, it converts fuel into energy(electricity). The cars I refer to are cumbustion engines. Fuel cell cars would have electric motors. Tons of sites on this. H2 combustion engines work the same as cars now, only use H2 for fuel. I prefer the combustion type. You get to hang your arm out the window (you know, to make your bicep look bigger) and rev the engine impressing chicks. Fuel cells cars would make a whining noise. Hey champs....

A service call for a black customer.

Back
Top Bottom