• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Where did the DP CC President get the power to make impromptu executive decisions?

Re: Where did the DP CC President get the power to make impromptu executive decisions

So you won't tell us which committee rule was broken?

That means no rules were broken

If you can't identify any rules that were broken, then I'm ruling this entire thread "Out of Order", consistent with Robert's Rules of Order

Rules now we have rules?

Re: Where did the DP CC President get the power to make impromptu executive decisions

Since no one can identify any rule that has been broken, I am declaring this thread Out of Order and requesting that members ignore it

Only if you can point to the by-laws that say you can judge something Out of Order.

I hope this is the take away lesson from the forum, I truly do.

Think about the magnitude of all the "executive decisions" he has made just recently, and pretend they can come up with a good reason as to how this would not get abused down the road more than this arbitrary "entire thread out of order" nonsense.

So in short order we have seen vote manipulation to change vote results, awkward shifts of power on who is President, additional members added at will and now open participation, and now "out of order" thread ignore declarations all the while calling us problems.

Fantastic.

Only if you can point to the by-laws that say you can judge something Out of Order.

Dilatory motions and tactics - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Why do I get the feeling that this flaming and baiting is perfectly acceptable to the current "officer(s)". Lol.

Because, in the games forum, it is acceptable.

Or, so I hear.

IOW, if you think a rule makes sense, it's OK for someone to impose it unilaterally without a vote.

But only if *you* think it makes sense.

Not quite, rather I think its not ok for any single individual to impose a dictate to the entire convention without a vote, regardless of if I agree with it. See the difference?

Joke, you aren't part of the convention, your opinions of convention business are immaterial.

Ah so our dictatorial President see's that as his cue to do whatever he wishes. Because hey, he says so. :doh

You have already stated you are resigning, I encourage you to do this asap.

You nailed it. Look how quickly the dictators fangs were bared for all to see.

Roberts rules of order were never voted in as a rule here, and as such are as null as your dictates.

To be fair, open and honest, Robert's Rules of Order also provide that whenever and wherever a presiding officer or chair of an assembly rules, one or more members of the assembly may challenge the ruling of the presiding officer or chair at which point the presiding officer or chair must state categorically the by-law or rules of order provision being the basis of his/her ruling.

Clearly, from a procedural perspective, if you have no rules in place governing the acceptance of new members, that decision should be left to the body of the membership to decide either on a case by case basis or to decide on a rule going forward. There should be provisions in place that govern who and how new members may join and it should not be at the discretion of one individual unless the assembly as a whole has granted that person the authority in its place.

The above is, of course, dependent on whether or not your membership has adopted Robert's Rules of Order in the absence of your own set of rules/by-laws. Since you quote them as an authority, I assume they have.

This has become a microcosm of the road to serfdom, with a sprinkling of animal farm, and the open society and its enemies.

Yes I am very familiar with Robert's Rules of Order. Its just one minute you are telling me that we need to get on with the convention and that the job of making the rules is #3 on the list. I want to know when we adopted Robert's Rules of Order. Could you please give us a link to that vote or the discussion or anything?

And this is exactly how you view the presidency isn't it?

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…