• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Where did the DP CC President get the power to make impromptu executive decisions?

Re: Where did the DP CC President get the power to make impromptu executive decisions

Without rules and structure then you have no grounds to complain about trolls, it is that plain and simply. Not only are the rules needed but without any structure we look like a bunch of idiots. Your point in resigning is what? Because you fear the placement in the games forum will open the doors to trolls? So to combat that we have no rules? And then we just pretend that all will be well?

No, there is a poll, forum staff defined in general, whereby:
1. Flaming, baiting and trolling in a severe disruptive manner is prohibited.
2. If so, officers may issue warning.
3. Certainly members can report this to officers.
4. The member being warned can tell their side, including on the warning thread.
5. If that member continues to violate that rule after warnings and their side, the officers can decide if action in necessary.
6. If the officers (not one officer) decide that person is only being disruptive and violation the rule, they can ask a moderator to block the person.
7. The final authority then is a moderator - a power all moderators have anyway.

Why that procedure? Because that is the procedure defined and offered by forum staff. You may not like it, but for the entire forum, ALL final decisions and all rules are by the forum staff, not us.

You can form a committee, but the final say is forum staff like always, not any non-staff committee. If you don't like how that works, there is a board in the basement to complain of forum staff structure and authority. It would break Global Forum rules to do it on Convention thread.

Did you vote yes or no in that poll? If you voted no, then don't grumble about lack of rules.

Re: Where did the DP CC President get the power to make impromptu executive decisions

Without rules and structure then you have no grounds to complain about trolls, it is that plain and simply.

The members voted on priorities, and setting rules came in third place so it is third on the list, not first

But if you ever get elected President, feel free to overrule the wishes of the members and declare a vote irrelevant and then do whatever you want

What was NEVER voted on was YOU just DECLARING that everyone who didn't vote yes in a poll about starting a convention would forever be banned from voting in it. YOU show me ANYWHERE where that radical desire of yours to have a private little club excluding 100% of new members and over 99.5% of existing members was EVER voted on?

You can't. Your messages now seem a fury that, upon review, it was decided as a Parliamentary decision that NO, you were never CZAR of the forum and NO, the rule was NEVER properly created.

What you are complaining of is what you did! Just declared rules with no authority whatsoever to do so.

Yes, within forum rules, allowances of forum staff, and what forum software allows, the delegates and officers can make this Convention what WE wish it to be. What doesn't happen is that YOU just declare who's in and who's out. You tried that, got away with it for a while too, until it realized what was really going on. Now you go on and on complaining that you didn't get away with what was ultimately torpedoing the Convention by assuring it would die for lack of participation.

While I am posting politely to you, the core motive of your now repetitious messages continues to seem to be simply to wreck the convention once it clear you don't control it afterall.

We? YOU aren't part of the convention, Joko. If you are this is just a public poll subject to simple majority. In which case this is no convention committee. And in any case that decision was never delegated to one member, being the President. Hope thats not too hard for you to understand.

Which committee rule are you referring to?

The entire constitutional convention committee. Glad to see you in the thread-care to address who gave you the authority to unilaterally admit new members as you see fit? Where was that voted on?

You could say that about the entire convention. :lol:

At one level, that applies to the entire DP forum.. :2razz:

The members voted on priorities, and setting rules came in third place so it is third on the list, not first

But if you ever get elected President, feel free to overrule the wishes of the members and declare a vote irrelevant and then do whatever you want

1252819510048.jpg

The entire constitutional convention committee. Glad to see you in the thread-care to address who gave you the authority to unilaterally admit new members as you see fit? Where was that voted on?

That's NOT the issue. The issue is when was it ever voted on to exclude anyone? The answer is never. YOU declaring basically everyone is excluded never made that a rule. You can post the same over and over, but that rule was never established, a parliamentary objection was raised, and Sangha ruled - basically that no, YOU are not the rules committee.

And how is it a delegation if its open to anyone at anytime? The irony is that they are advocating for no rules while writing up the core documents of a nation-essentially they are saying anything goes that is the will of a few-thats not good enough.

Good question, made worse by actually getting to designing a new Constitution.

So you won't tell us which committee rule was broken?

That means no rules were broken

If you can't identify any rules that were broken, then I'm ruling this entire thread "Out of Order", consistent with Robert's Rules of Order

Eh, a couple members are posting the same over and over again, asserting they created a rule themselves and therefore it exists. Doesn't work that way. Now posting the same over and over maybe just to be annoying and angry they don't have the all-powerful status they want.

You could say that about the entire convention. :lol:

That is what I am saying.

Its pure wank.

I am a member. There was never any legitimate basis to excluding anyone, despite how many times you declare that you make all the rules and you decide who is in and who is out. You wanted to be the all powerful big deal, but you aren't and folks know it. In fact, from the start, I've been more involved in these topics than you. Mostly, by my raising objections to the junk you were trying to establish by your edicts - which are worthless and have no effect.

You tried to take over the Convention. You tried to lock virtually everyone out to kill it - and you lost as you should have. You have NEVER had ANY standing to declare who may or may not be in the Convention, have you?

Joko, you are not a member, I dont see where you have voted in the past or been included, and as this is not open to public voting (at least that will be counted), and as your admission would effect every other member, I dont see how the president can admit you as he pleases.

IOW, if you think a rule makes sense, it's OK for someone to impose it unilaterally without a vote.

But only if *you* think it makes sense.

First of all its not only me, second of all it was you seeking to impose the addition of new members without a vote-and that effects the entire forum. Thats not good enough and you are undermining the entire process. This is why you should step down asap.

Good question, made worse by actually getting to designing a new Constitution.

There are 330,000,000 people in the USA. What is it now, 7,000,000,000 billion people in the world?.

How many are members of the DP forum? Of those, how many have said they want to be delegates? Why isn't that exclusive enough for you?

What purpose do you see in 9 to 11 people declaring they have written a Constitution and Bill of Rights?

The reason US Conservative declared the exclusionary rule of basically everyone - contradicting what the poll said which was "everyone" - came about when it was clear in an officer's election that he was not going to be elected,.

So then decided to destroy the Convention by so limiting who can involve to almost nobody nor anyone new - and now it seems also by posting endless messages lamenting how unfair it is that he isn't totally in control - as a retaliation for being rejected in officer's elections. If he can't control it totally, he wants to kill it. No surprise from him about that to those highly active on the forum aware of his typical behavior.

No, there is a poll, forum staff defined in general, whereby:
1. Flaming, baiting and trolling in a severe disruptive manner is prohibited.
2. If so, officers may issue warning.
3. Certainly members can report this to officers.
4. The member being warned can tell their side, including on the warning thread.
5. If that member continues to violate that rule after warnings and their side, the officers can decide if action in necessary.
6. If the officers (not one officer) decide that person is only being disruptive and violation the rule, they can ask a moderator to block the person.
7. The final authority then is a moderator - a power all moderators have anyway.

Why that procedure? Because that is the procedure defined and offered by forum staff. You may not like it, but for the entire forum, ALL final decisions and all rules are by the forum staff, not us.

You can form a committee, but the final say is forum staff like always, not any non-staff committee. If you don't like how that works, there is a board in the basement to complain of forum staff structure and authority. It would break Global Forum rules to do it on Convention thread.

Did you vote yes or no in that poll? If you voted no, then don't grumble about lack of rules.

I did not vote because the poll lacked detail. I cannot cast a vote not knowing the structure and the rules that the officers are bound by. That is the point of the rules to keep the officers in check. If I knew that the officers were in check from the collective authority of the delegates then I could most likely vote yes. But if I vote yes and then it turns out that the officers are not held to a set of rules of conduct then a yes vote created a dictatorship. ANd as it stands now that is what is going on. No one needs to get but hurt or feel that such criticisms are personal attacks because just every damn club in America requires a set of damn rules. ANd officers are bound by those rules. As it stands we have zero rules and the President already stated that he doesnt want any rules. Without those rules where does that leave us? It leaves us with a cart and no horse to pull it. ANd if it remains like this I give it about another two weeks before the whole thing explodes.

Joko, you are not a member, I dont see where you have voted in the past or been included, and as this is not open to public voting (at least that will be counted), and as your admission would effect every other member, I dont see how the president can admit you as he pleases.

This is your last chance to identify a rule that was voted on by the members that was broken by allowing new members into the convention. If you can not identify the rule that was broken, then I will declare the entire thread Out Of Order, per Robert's Rules of Order

You appear to believe the President can do that. A convention is not a dictatorship.

First of all its not only me, second of all it was you seeking to impose the addition of new members without a vote-and that effects the entire forum. Thats not good enough and you are undermining the entire process. This is why you should step down asap.

I think from now on about my only response to you posting the same thing is the obvious response to you:

YOU WERE NOT EVEN NOMINATED TO BE AN OFFICER. GET OVER IT. Sangha was elected. Vasu was elected.

Your sore loser thing is self humiliating. You should let it go.

That's NOT the issue. The issue is when was it ever voted on to exclude anyone? The answer is never. YOU declaring basically everyone is excluded never made that a rule. You can post the same over and over, but that rule was never established, a parliamentary objection was raised, and Sangha ruled - basically that no, YOU are not the rules committee.

That is the issue. Joko, once again you aren't a member but can you explain the difference between what this convention is and ANY series of public polls?

You appear to think this is just a public poll.

There are 330,000,000 people in the USA. What is it now, 7,000,000,000 billion people in the world?.

How many are members of the DP forum? Of those, how many have said they want to be delegates? Why isn't that exclusive enough for you?

What purpose do you see in 9 to 11 people declaring they have written a Constitution and Bill of Rights?

The reason US Conservative declared the exclusionary rule of basically everyone - contradicting what the poll said which was "everyone" - came about when it was clear in an officer's election that he was not going to be elected,.

So then decided to destroy the Convention by so limiting who can involve to almost nobody nor anyone new - and now it seems also by posting endless messages lamenting how unfair it is that he isn't totally in control - as a retaliation for being rejected in officer's elections. If he can't control it totally, he wants to kill it. No surprise from him about that to those highly active on the forum aware of his typical behavior.

I did not propose a number. I simply proposed we discuss a method to get people into the Convention assuming we need to, what I am against is Sangha making unilateral decisions rendering the Convention useless. If that is the case going forward then there is no limit to how Sangha wants the Convention set up, including bringing in who he wants and it would not shock me later to see him exclude who he wants. Nothing to really stop him if he can make up the rules as he goes along.

Since no one can identify any rule that has been broken, I am declaring this thread Out of Order and requesting that members ignore it

So you won't tell us which committee rule was broken?

That means no rules were broken

If you can't identify any rules that were broken, then I'm ruling this entire thread "Out of Order", consistent with Robert's Rules of Order

You can not unilaterally dictate what is and is not allowed-everything must go through the convention and be voted on. Or else it can not stand, nor can any document it produces. I call on you again to step down so that the healing process can begin.

Since no one can identify any rule that has been broken, I am declaring this thread Out of Order and requesting that members ignore it

Speaks directly to my point. This is what we have to look forward to with someone drunk on authority.

The dictator emerges. And before the preamble is even voted in no less. You realize you are undermining the entire process here.
Step down now.

Back
Top Bottom