• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Where are Christians getting their pro-life message from? The bible itself isn't even pro-life.

Not only do you know what's in everyone's hearts - lol - now, you know what everyone thinks!

They tell us what we think, as assuredly as we tell them.

Are you lying when you say what your beliefs on this matter are? Are you deliberately presenting your opinions and beliefs as something other than what they are?

“If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely..."

And? What's hiding under the "..." and what does men fighting have to do with abortion?

And? What's hiding under the "..."
It's called an ellipsis. It's used to "show an omission of a word or words (including whole sentences) from a text." Src.
and what does men fighting have to do with abortion?
Nothing.

For the edification of those who might not have read everything in my post that you excluded in yours:
“If men struggle with each other and strike a woman with child so that she gives birth prematurely..."

This is the problem with people who don't read the bible, don't study the bible, and who literally know nothing about the bible, yet presume to teach others who do what they think it [supposedly] says.

Moreover, they often won't even acknowledge the very passages they cite.

It's called an ellipsis. It's used to "show an omission of a word or words (including whole sentences) from a text." Src.

Nothing.

If it has nothing to do with abortion, why did you quote it (partially)?

And? What's hiding under the "..." and what does men fighting have to do with abortion?
Abortion is deliberately killing the unborn...a struggle, causing a woman to lose her child, is unintentional but still results in death, all the same...

Abortion is deliberately killing the unborn...a struggle, causing a woman to lose her child, is unintentional but still results in death, all the same...
So? It's the woman's personal choice to abort or not.

Not even close. A struggle between two men that causes a woman to lose her pregnancy is not the result of her choice.

Not even close. A struggle between two men that causes a woman to lose her pregnancy is not the result of her choice.
Duh...that's what I said...

If it has nothing to do with abortion, why did you quote it (partially)?
Figure it out. Two men struggling has nothing to do with abortion; neither does a woman being hit in the process; neither does her giving birth prematurely.

Figure it out. I've neither the time nor the interest in educating you on how to read and comprehend basic written english.

Figure it out. Two men struggling has nothing to do with abortion; neither does a woman being hit in the process; neither does her giving birth prematurely.

Figure it out. I've neither the time nor the interest in educating you on how to read and comprehend basic written english.
Amazin' ain't it, that anyone can screw things up so royalty...😊

Amazin' ain't it, that anyone can screw things up so royalty...😊
It's not my goal to denigrate anyone here - one never knows the background of those posting here, or their circumstances.

But it does test my patience sometimes when things I imagine are boldly obvious get missed so entirely. /hint

Some people do it intentionally, wanting/needing to make their specific point and nothing else.
Some people do it accidentally, whether in haste or momentary inattention (guilty myself)
Some people do it quite unintentionally, for reasons we can only surmise - but ought never judge (though sadly I've been guilty of that myself too)

It's not my goal to denigrate anyone here - one never knows the background of those posting here, or their circumstances.

But it does test my patience sometimes when things I imagine are boldly obvious get missed so entirely. /hint

Some people do it intentionally, wanting/needing to make their specific point and nothing else.
Some people do it accidentally, whether in haste or momentary inattention (guilty myself)
Some people do it quite unintentionally, for reasons we can only surmise - but ought never judge (though sadly I've been guilty of that myself too)

Why don't you just say what you mean? Speaking of "testing patience."

Are you suggesting that there is some significance in your initial post to the fact that you bolded the words "with child?" If so, what are you claiming is the significance of those words (which are present in one or more, but not all translations, and constitute an idiom in the English language that means "pregnant.")?

They tell us what we think, as assuredly as we tell them.

I said:

Not only do you know what's in everyone's hearts - lol - now, you know what everyone thinks!

And your response is:
They tell you what YOU think?
Is that a typo? Or, deliberate?

If I'm not mistaken, that isn't the first time your response had bounced off the mark.
How come your responses somehow do not actually address what is being asked of you?

Are you lying when you say what your beliefs on this matter are? Are you deliberately presenting your opinions and beliefs as something other than what they are?

What are my beliefs that you refer to?
be specific.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:
Nothing is being hidden.

The line says ".....she GIVES BIRTH PREMATURELY."

Giving birth prematurely, isn't INDUCED abortion. Duh.

A premature birth is a birth that takes place more than three weeks before the baby's estimated due date. In other words, a premature birth is one that occurs before the start of the 37th week of pregnancy.

Premature babies, especially those born very early, often have complicated medical problems. Typically, complications of prematurity vary. But the earlier your baby is born, the higher the risk of complications.

Depending on how early a baby is born, he or she may be:

• Late preterm, born between 34 and 36 completed weeks of pregnancy
  • Moderately preterm, born between 32 and 34 weeks of pregnancy
  • Very preterm, born at less than 32 weeks of pregnancy
  • Extremely preterm, born at or before 25 weeks of pregnancy

The violence indicated in that verse could also result in a miscarriage.

Miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a pregnancy before the 20th week. About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage.

Last edited:
:rolleyes:
Nothing is being hidden.

The line says ".....she GIVES BIRTH PREMATURELY."

Giving birth prematurely, isn't INDUCED abortion. Duh.

A premature birth is a birth that takes place more than three weeks before the baby's estimated due date. In other words, a premature birth is one that occurs before the start of the 37th week of pregnancy.

Premature babies, especially those born very early, often have complicated medical problems. Typically, complications of prematurity vary. But the earlier your baby is born, the higher the risk of complications.

Depending on how early a baby is born, he or she may be:

• Late preterm, born between 34 and 36 completed weeks of pregnancy
  • Moderately preterm, born between 32 and 34 weeks of pregnancy
  • Very preterm, born at less than 32 weeks of pregnancy
  • Extremely preterm, born at or before 25 weeks of pregnancy

The violence indicated in that verse could also result in a miscarriage.

Miscarriage is the spontaneous loss of a pregnancy before the 20th week. About 10 to 20 percent of known pregnancies end in miscarriage.

Another dodge. You're on a roll.

What is the actual point of that raw link to a right wing religious rag?
It was a response to the disinformation that is being spread on this thread. There are multitudes that disagree with your slander as it pertains to the source I posted. But I’m sure truth isn’t your driving motivation. You’re just looking for attention. WelI I gave you a little. Good night now

It was a response to the disinformation that is being spread on this thread. There are multitudes that disagree with your slander as it pertains to the source I posted. But I’m sure truth isn’t your driving motivation. You’re just looking for attention. WelI I gave you a little. Good night now
What slander is that?

As for 'focus on the family'.. well, that is a right wing rag

Focus on the Family​

Focus on the Family - Right Bias - Fake News - Questionable - Hate Group - Conservative - Christian - Not Credible

Factual Reporting: Low - Not Credible - Not Reliable - Fake News - Bias

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
  • Overall, we rate Focus on the Family extreme Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of Right-Wing Christian propaganda that is not rooted in science as well as poor sourcing and false claims.

And w
What slander is that?

As for 'focus on the family'.. well, that is a right wing rag

Focus on the Family​

Focus on the Family - Right Bias - Fake News - Questionable - Hate Group - Conservative - Christian - Not Credible

Factual Reporting: Low - Not Credible - Not Reliable - Fake News - Bias

QUESTIONABLE SOURCE​

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.
  • Overall, we rate Focus on the Family extreme Right Biased and Questionable based on the promotion of Right-Wing Christian propaganda that is not rooted in science as well as poor sourcing and false claims.
Source? Huntington Post? Daily Beast? MSNBC? Who is “we”?

And w

Source? Huntington Post? Daily Beast? MSNBC? Who is “we”?
There are a number of objective middle of the road sources that can show that. However, a perusal of their positions can give any reasonable person that information.

There are a number of objective middle of the road sources that can show that. However, a perusal of their positions can give any reasonable person that information.
Which one did you post? You have a graphic but gave no source. I can find many sources that are favorable to Focus on the Family. Some even secular. Why do you hate Christian teaching?

Which one did you post? You have a graphic but gave no source. I can find many sources that are favorable to Focus on the Family. Some even secular. Why do you hate Christian teaching?
I bet you can, and all right wing hate sites.

The Spawns of Satan - those who support the slaughter the innocents - are coming!! (will they show up at Pelosi's and Biden's churches? Don't count on it.)

Excerpt: "Whether you’re a ‘Catholic for Choice’, ex-Catholic, of other or no faith, recognize that six extremist Catholics set out to overturn Roe..."

"My Body My Choice" painted on the doors of one church. Do they know that...

abortion choice.jpg

The extremists are the ones butchering the innocent unborn.

I bet you can, and all right wing hate sites.
How can you accuse anyone of hatred, and support the genocide taking place at Planned Parenthood? You don’t know what hatred is. Progressives are so twisted they think giving hormone blockers to children is a sign of love. This society has come to the place where they call evil good, and good evil. Abortion is hatred for the unborn manifested. How can you call an unborn child with a heartbeat just an embryo? And you have the nerve to call Focus on the Family a right wing hate site? Sad.

Back
Top Bottom