• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

when the system fails, on purpose

Imnukingfutz

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Thursday night I attended the Republicans county mass meeting to elect the Chairman and others for the next two years.

John Ferguson won the Chairmanship position...a Democrat. Yup you read that correctly, a Democrat won the chairmanship of the Republican party in my county.

How? By busing in Democrats to vote for him in the Republican election. 3 bus loads of Democrats brought in to vote for him at the meeting in which he won 308-240.

And after a speech extolling "unity" in an effort to attract votes, he actually barred 75% of his opponent's supporters from joining his new "Republican" party or attending the upcoming GOP convention, for all of which many people had already paid their filing fee! Many of the hardest-core, best-known, most liberal Democrats in our county were featured guests of the winning side tonight.

Ya know its a real sad thing when the Democrats have to derail the system because they are scared of the peoples vote. They are scared of opposition to their Utopic dreams.

Thursday night I attended the Republicans county mass meeting to elect the Chairman and others for the next two years.

John Ferguson won the Chairmanship position...a Democrat. Yup you read that correctly, a Democrat won the chairmanship of the Republican party in my county.

How? By busing in Democrats to vote for him in the Republican election. 3 bus loads of Democrats brought in to vote for him at the meeting in which he won 308-240.

And after a speech extolling "unity" in an effort to attract votes, he actually barred 75% of his opponent's supporters from joining his new "Republican" party or attending the upcoming GOP convention, for all of which many people had already paid their filing fee! Many of the hardest-core, best-known, most liberal Democrats in our county were featured guests of the winning side tonight.

Ya know its a real sad thing when the Democrats have to derail the system because they are scared of the peoples vote. They are scared of opposition to their Utopic dreams.

You call it fear. I call it corruption.

Sounds like you guys should have written out a couple of by-laws.

Fear? Or politics? Seems like the Democrats have out-maneuvered the Republicans. Isn't that the objective of politics?

I don't believe you.

Sounds like you guys should have written out a couple of by-laws.

You're right... Our problem is, that we constantly over estimate the moral fabric of democrats, and at the same time under estimate how low they will sink, and their willingness to lie and cheat to force their agenda down American people's throat whether they want it or not.

I cannot find out anything about this event on the net. Do you know if it was in Nevada?
You're right... Our problem is, that we constantly over estimate the moral fabric of democrats, and at the same time under estimate how low they will sink, and their willingness to lie and cheat to force their agenda down American people's throat whether they want it or not.

I cannot find out anything about this event on the net. Do you know if it was in Nevada?

Hey! Don't pick on Nevada!

I can't find this anywhere either. But why is my state a suspect, may I ask?

I don't believe you.

Right you are:

Nearly 600 people turned out for a Republican mass meeting Thursday night to elect a new chairman of the Campbell County Republican Party after two competing, turnout-driving emails were sent to teachers and other school employees.

“Clearly we can see democracy in action,” said Will Kirk, a member of the Campbell GOP committee, as people lined up across the length of the Yellow Branch Elementary School gymnasium to get their voting credentials.The participants elected John Ferguson, a Campbell County resident who works as a deputy sheriff in Amherst County, as the party’s new chairman.

“I am a Christian, conservative Republican,” Ferguson told the crowd, adding he is a Liberty University graduate who was president of its College Republicans group. His wife teaches in Campbell County public schools, Ferguson said.

Huge turnout for Republican mass meeting - NewsAdvance.com : News - Local Lynchburg, Va. Area

WTF?

I am not sure if this is it or not but I will copy a comment to the story. Sounds similar?

John Eric Ansted · Treasurer/Office Manager at Falwell Corporation

Jeff, I have to agree. One of the most hypocritical quotes in the above article was from Tim Boyer who said after his man lost the chairman position , ( "Tim Boyer, who said Ferguson’s victory meant many life-long party members would not receive credentials for the upcoming state convention.“I fail to see how that is inclusive,” Boyer said.) The Boyers have been the most divisive and exclusive that I have ever seen. They even went as far both during the last election and in posts on their website this week lying to people and telling them that Charles Falwell was a Democrat and was trying to have the Democrats take over the Republican Party in Campbell County. After I called them on it, they recanted, and tried to blame it on not vetting information passed on to them from somebody else. They knew exactly what they were doing, spreading misinformation to try and deceive people and hold onto power. I was told off the record that my calling them on it would blacklist me in their eyes. Is that inclusive? Is that how we want the Republican Party to be in Campbell County, that you march in lockstep 100% or you are excluded?

Huge turnout for Republican mass meeting - NewsAdvance.com : News - Local Lynchburg, Va. Area

You're right... Our problem is, that we constantly over estimate the moral fabric of democrats

Democrats equate morality with religion. Of course there are few and far-between democrats that are moral. Hell, most of 'em are downright anti-moral.

What does anti-moral mean?
Democrats equate morality with religion. Of course there are few and far-between democrats that are moral. Hell, most of 'em are downright anti-moral.

What does anti-moral mean?

The opposite of moral. Duh. (Gimme a break, I just woke up.)

I'm more or less thinking of issues such as the Panthers blocking voters in Philly (I think it was Philly), bussing in voters to throw elections, that sort of thing. I've not heard of any right-wing faction doing this. Not saying that there hasn't been, but not to this scale. Reminds me of the old Soviet Union when candidates would bribe people with vodka, at the door of the polling place, for their vote.

I am not sure if this is it or not but I will copy a comment to the story. Sounds similar?

John Eric Ansted · Treasurer/Office Manager at Falwell Corporation

Jeff, I have to agree. One of the most hypocritical quotes in the above article was from Tim Boyer who said after his man lost the chairman position , ( "Tim Boyer, who said Ferguson’s victory meant many life-long party members would not receive credentials for the upcoming state convention.“I fail to see how that is inclusive,” Boyer said.) The Boyers have been the most divisive and exclusive that I have ever seen. They even went as far both during the last election and in posts on their website this week lying to people and telling them that Charles Falwell was a Democrat and was trying to have the Democrats take over the Republican Party in Campbell County. After I called them on it, they recanted, and tried to blame it on not vetting information passed on to them from somebody else. They knew exactly what they were doing, spreading misinformation to try and deceive people and hold onto power. I was told off the record that my calling them on it would blacklist me in their eyes. Is that inclusive? Is that how we want the Republican Party to be in Campbell County, that you march in lockstep 100% or you are excluded?

What is really sad is something like this is believable. It doesn't so much matter which party is doing what to the other party, but that in today's political atmosphere one can actually see something like this happening. I have read about members from one party re-registering as a member of the other party to vote in their primaries. Luckily here in Georgia there is no party registration, one just registers to vote and then can pick and choose which primary to vote in.

It also shows one has to be careful which thread one chooses to comment on, the OP may be totally rumor with no facts to back it up.

I dont think there is a shred of truth in this one. I know around here you have to be a member of that party to even vote in the primaries let alone for officers etc. I think you are right again though, it is sad when outrageous lies are somehow believeable.
What is really sad is something like this is believable. It doesn't so much matter which party is doing what to the other party, but that in today's political atmosphere one can actually see something like this happening. I have read about members from one party re-registering as a member of the other party to vote in their primaries. Luckily here in Georgia there is no party registration, one just registers to vote and then can pick and choose which primary to vote in.

It also shows one has to be careful which thread one chooses to comment on, the OP may be totally rumor with no facts to back it up.

Fear? Or politics? Seems like the Democrats have out-maneuvered the Republicans. Isn't that the objective of politics?

really? Outmaneuvered?

Its just downright dirty....no wonder people have the two parties in such low regards.

Any chance of a little more information? Where did this happen? When?
really? Outmaneuvered?

Its just downright dirty....no wonder people have the two parties in such low regards.

I don't believe you.

Here is the letter Rick Boyer sent out at 2:25 am this morning

Well, this is not the letter I was hoping to write tonight. I apologize for this rambling update; I guess I just had to get some thoughts on paper (electronic paper, anyway).

The reality of the "Republican" mass meeting tonight at Yellow Branch school was much worse than I had feared. I have never seen so many Democrats in one room in Campbell County since the public hearing in 2012 where the county government ginned up - at taxpayer expense - hundreds of folks demanding the largest tax increase in county history to feather their own nests. Many of the hardest-core, best-known, most liberal Democrats in our county were featured guests of the winning side tonight.

This is the disastrous result of not having voter registration by political party in Virginia; Democrats can crash a Republican meeting by the hundreds. And they did. When current and former county supervisors stand up extolling the virtues of record tax increases and out-of-control spending - to sustained applause - you know it's not a Republican crowd.

John Ferguson, a candidate who supported all three Democrat-endorsed supervisors last year against Republican challengers, was actually elected as "Republican" chairman by a vote of 308-240. And after a speech extolling "unity" in an effort to attract votes, he actually barred 75% of his opponent's supporters from joining his new "Republican" party or attending the upcoming GOP convention, for all of which many people had already paid their filing fee!

Ferguson's supporters angrily shouted down a motion to allow everyone who had duly paid their fee to attend the convention and vote. Asked by disappointed folks why they wouldn't be allowed to attend the convention and support the candidate of their choice, Ferguson's handpicked meeting chairman Neil Vener replied, "you'll have to be satisfied with getting your money back."

This is "Unity," Democrat-style. "We win, you lose, we get all the votes, you get none. See, it's unanimous. We're unified."

The attempt to pack the meeting with panicked county employees - misled by a Vener email into believing that "extremist" Republicans wanted to take their jobs away - was successful. A huge percentage of the crowd in the room tonight was also power-crazed current and former county elected officials. And liberty was the great loser in Campbell County tonight.

So what's the lesson from tonight? There are several. First, it's easier to motivate folks to use the POWER of government to extract MONEY from others, than to inspire people to fight "just" for freedom. Power and Money are hugely attractive things. And if you can get them at the expense of others, why not? (Besides morals, conscience, and principle, and those were in short supply tonight on the winning side).

Second, I'd still rather be on the team I'm on. It was a real joy and an honor to be on the team with 240 people who had nothing riding on it but freedom and commitment to something other than - and higher than - themselves. People more concerned about the next GENERATION than the next paycheck. The grace I witnessed in losing, versus the visceral hatred and brute force of the majority, was a classic study in contrasts. And I think folks clearly saw that; it wasn't just yours truly who noticed.

The Third lesson points back to the first - Those of us who love liberty are going to have to be prepared to sacrifice more if we want to keep it. I recall the phrase, "All gave some; some gave all." That was a key storyline of tonight. Everyone gave something, and 240 folks was almost twice as many liberty-lovers as we had ever seen at a Campbell Republican mass meeting before. But if we are to sustain liberty in this county - and in this country - against those who are crazed by the pursuit of Power for its own sake, and for the Money it brings, more will have to give all.

A lot of folks came, and God BLESS you for it. A good number of folks brought someone along. But I just can't help but think how different the result would have been had every liberty-lover in that room tonight asked just one more person to come along.

Here is the letter Rick Boyer sent out at 2:25 am this morning

Part 2 - message was too long for 1 post

Some truly gave all. My sister Kelley spent countless hours of time on the telephone informing folks of the stakes and driving turnout. My wife Christina pulled endless late nights - and at least one all-nighter - preparing materials for Les Williams' campaign. Will Kirk, a true conservative hero in our county, also spent hours of time helping prepare what was actually a well-scripted event considering the huge crowds of 600 folks we had to deal with checking in. And my newer but very-valued friends Les and Sarah Williams absolutely poured their lives into this effort, giving up weeks' worth of salary to pursue a cause that involved nothing but sacrifice - No Power, no Money, just endless giving on behalf of others. It was a joy and an honor to be on the team with this kind of folks.

Now liberty-lovers in Campbell County have two choices - we can give in to the "unity" that the "unity crowd" suggests - that is, unilateral surrender of our values and our freedoms - or we can fight back. It will be much harder now; a whole lot more folks will have to approach the level of "giving all." Yet did not 200 years of freedom-fighters - from our Founding Fathers who challenged the most powerful nation in the world for freedom - to the Bedford Boys whose blood stained the shores of Omaha Beach - did they not give all, that we might know the freedom we have known? Is "all" too much to pay, to bequeath that freedom to our children? Is the hatred of those maddened by Power too much to face on behalf of others - and our children?

I submit it is not. Jesus calls us to "Occupy till I come," not to surrender. And my children still have to grow up in this country. As Nehemiah advises us, "Let us arise and build."

I have learned much about faith through this process. I HATE to lose. Yet I have learned that God is big enough to work through the losses as well as the victories. A mentor of mine, Pat McSweeney, has told me that "no fight honestly waged is ever truly lost." I believe him. Let us choose to treat the losses as "Victories on layaway," and come back stronger and more determined than ever.

"The Lord of Hosts is with us. The God of Jacob is our refuge." Win or lose. He will glorify Himself. Let us resolve to glorify Him by redoubling our efforts to reflect His Truth in the public square. Let us, more than ever, be salt and light in a dying, self-absorbed culture.

Perhaps the biggest lesson from tonight is the power of ONE. If only each of us could have invited just one more. It would have made all the difference...

And the biggest consolation from tonight is the absolute honor and privilege it was just to be one of you; each one gave and sacrificed in the cause of freedom. You are an inspiration to me, and "I thank my God upon every remembrance of you." Thank you, on behalf of my kids Luke, Melody, Michael and Autumn, for being one of the 240 most-invested folks in the entire county tonight, for their chance to know liberty. Thank you for having the courage to lead instead of follow; to stand for truth instead of letting evil have its way, to face what we saw tonight with courage instead of doing the easy thing and staying home, avoiding the conflict. Thank you for not taking the easy road. Thank you for avoiding the subtle trap of silent complicity. Thank you for paying a price. Thank you for standing for truth - just because it's true.

President Reagan said it beautifully. "You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done."

My kids and I thank you. You "justified your moment" tonight. As we go forward, let us each resolve to do more- "all that could be done." Because freedom - because truth - because our duty to Someone and something beyond and higher than ourselves - calls us on.

Thank you to everyone who gave. The other 50,000 citizens of this county will not thank you as they should, but they should.

I owe you. My kids owe you. And your country owes you. God bless each one who "stood in the gap" tonight.

With you in the cause of freedom,

Rick Boyer

I dont think there is a shred of truth in this one. I know around here you have to be a member of that party to even vote in the primaries let alone for officers etc. I think you are right again though, it is sad when outrageous lies are somehow believeable.

Please read the letter from Rick Boyer....it goes into further detail.

We found the original article, I guess, they dont seem to agree about the facts.
Please read the letter from Rick Boyer....it goes into further detail.

Back
Top Bottom