• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

When should Bernie end the race?

Bernie should withdraw or stay?

• 1st May

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mid May

• End May

• Not sure

• Other -Pls explain

• Total voters

JANFU

Land by the Gulf Stream
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Insiders to Bernie: Don’t take the fight to Philly - POLITICO

Sanders, who trails in the delegate race by a wide margin, should end his campaign before the final primary on June 14 in the District of Columbia. Another 39 percent said the Vermont senator should continue campaigning through the D.C. primary, but end his campaign immediately after if he trails Clinton in pledged delegates — which is likely given Sanders’ current deficit of 277 pledged delegates after Clinton’s resounding victory in New York this week.

Only 1 in 10 Democratic insiders said Sanders should try to woo superdelegates to help him overtake Clinton on the convention floor in Philadelphia if he finishes the primary season trailing in pledged delegates, as campaign manager Jeff Weaver suggested Tuesday night in a televised interview.

Approx 21 Democratic primaries yet to vote.
2016 Primary Schedule – 2016 Election Central

Note: All dates are primaries unless otherwise noted as a caucus. Primaries and caucuses which are only being held by one party on that date are noted as (R) or (D). The delegate counts represent the total delegates from that state for each respective party. Primary and caucus results will be updated regularly.

Related: 2016 Primary Delegate Count
Delegates by State: GOP, Dem
Search:

Tue, Apr 26 Connecticut 70 28 (P) Closed
Tue, Apr 26 Delaware 31 16 (WTA) Closed
Tue, Apr 26 Maryland 118 38 (WTA) Closed
Tue, Apr 26 Pennsylvania 210 71 (P, WTA) Closed
Tue, Apr 26 Rhode Island 33 19 (P) Mixed
Tue, May 3 Indiana 92 57 (WTA) Open
Sat, May 7 Guam (D) 12 - Closed
Tue, May 10 Nebraska (R) - 36 Closed
Tue, May 10 West Virginia 37 34 Mixed
Tue, May 17 Kentucky (D) 61 - Closed
Tue, May 17 Oregon 73 28 (P) Closed
Tue, May 24 Washington (R)* - 44 (P) Closed
Sat, Jun 4 Virgin Islands Caucus (D) 12 - Open
Sun, Jun 5 Puerto Rico Caucus (D) 67 - Open
Tue, Jun 7 California 546 172 (P) Mixed
Tue, Jun 7 Montana 27 27 (WTA) Open
Tue, Jun 7 New Jersey 142 51 (WTA) Mixed
Tue, Jun 7 New Mexico 43 24 (P) Closed
Tue, Jun 7 North Dakota Caucus (D) 23 - Closed
Tue, Jun 7 South Dakota 25 29 (WTA) Closed
Tue, Jun 14 District of Columbia (D) 46 - Closed

There's already a thread on this by Sherman123...

Scratch that. If the party insiders are telling Sanders not to take the fight to Philly, then he absolutely needs to take it to the limit. The insiders have done everything possible to stack the deck in Hillary's favor and they're pulling this stunt too? This nonsense flips my opinion 180 degrees. I thought that if he losses in Penn then he should drop, but now I hope he never stops. To hell with this party insider nonsense.

Scratch that. If the party insiders are telling Sanders not to take the fight to Philly, then he absolutely needs to take it to the limit. The insiders have done everything possible to stack the deck in Hillary's favor and they're pulling this stunt too? This nonsense flips my opinion 180 degrees. I thought that if he losses in Penn then he should drop, but now I hope he never stops. To hell with this party insider nonsense.

Yeah, that's it, it is the insiders who went into people's homes, made them come out and vote in overwhelming numbers for Clinton over Sanders. You so got it figured out.

Remember when people used to accept responsibility for their mistakes? Now it isn't that Sanders does not appeal to as many people as Clinton, and has not ran as effective a campaign as Clinton, it is the evil boogiemen that have screwed him over.

Yeah, that's it, it is the insiders who went into people's homes, made them come out and vote in overwhelming numbers for Clinton over Sanders. You so got it figured out.

Remember when people used to accept responsibility for their mistakes? Now it isn't that Sanders does not appeal to as many people as Clinton, and has not ran as effective a campaign as Clinton, it is the evil boogiemen that have screwed him over.

You're becoming unhinged. Did I say anything other than the deck was stacked against Sanders? That's all. Take a Xanax.

You're becoming unhinged. Did I say anything other than the deck was stacked against Sanders? That's all. Take a Xanax.

You offered excuses as to why Sanders is failing, instead of accepting the truth, which is that more primary voters prefer Clinton.

Legitimately curious: are you of the opinion that Clinton's relative success is entirely due to her platform and campaign, and owes nothing to disproportionate and skewed media coverage, or other external elements?

Back
Top Bottom