• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When do you want it to end?

Under what conditions, what criteria, do you think the lockdown should end?

When the death rate is less than road accidents? (already there I think)

When the R rate, as invented/projected/guessed at by who knows, is below 1?

When there is a vaccine thatworks 100% of the time unlike the flue one?

Never?

At what point to we get back to life?

Not sure what lock down you're talking about. I live in N.VA and just about everything is open again. People are for the most part back to their normal lives.

The only thing effecting me related to Covid is wearing a mask which I am happy to do as long as it takes.

Maybe. But facts can be spun into a false premise based on how they are cherry picked. For example, victims of unjustified shootings by the police can be vilified by dredging up "facts" about their previous life that the police were unaware of at the time of the shooting. Many of your facts fall into this category.
I don’t know how you think bringing up “facts” of one event disputes the facts of another. Try to bring up related facts next time.

Before I answer let me ask you a simple question. Of all the cases how many have required hospitalization?

What difference does that make? If you're infected you're infectious and can spread the disease, no matter how well you might feel. That's where the danger lies with children; they can be quite well yet carry massive viral loads to bring to school or take home to their families. Test everyone.

What difference does that make? If you're infected you're infectious and can spread the disease, no matter how well you might feel. That's where the danger lies with children; they can be quite well yet carry massive viral loads to bring to school or take home to their families. Test everyone.
Of those requiring hospitalization what percentage of them were children or young adults? Of those requiring hospitalization how many of them had underlining medical issues exposing them to greater complications? Do the math. Testing “everyone” isn’t science based.

Ego credere possint homines date mihi virum gaudens. Sum somnans. ;)

Hoc est fun!

It's weird how one remembers totally useless stuff from 50 years ago-like Pythagoras' theorem (squares and hypotenuses). Must have been all the beatings I got from my teachers, hammering 'thou shalt not throw ink pellets at teachers in class' into my delicate arse with the traditional six strokes a bamboo cane. Seriously!
If you ever get a chance to watch the film 'If', starring Malcolm McDowell, the school used could have been cloned from mine. British public schools could be brutal places.

CORPORAL PUNISHMENT IN BRITISH SCHOOLS

If.... (1968) - IMDb

Anyway, I digress...

Last edited:
it has pretty much effectively ended already in some areas, as people are being really stupid. ideally, there would be a widely accepted vaccine and more released therapeutics first. the research community is working as fast or faster than humanly possible, believe me.

And doing so using the guidance and funding from Operation WARP Speed.

THANK YOU, MR. PRESIDENT!

Fact Sheet: Explaining Operation Warp Speed | HHS.gov

When the people that know what their talking about, explain why it's OK to continue a normal lifestyle. Myself and millions of others don't want to start all over again..staying home 98% of the time just because people
"Have to party"

Well, on the bright side of things, the NFL is doing their part.

They're working hard to assure that they will NEVER have large groups of people congregating in the stadiums again.

It's weird how one remembers totally useless stuff from 50 years ago-like Pythagoras' theorem (squares and hypotenuses). Must have been all the beatings I got from my teachers, hammering 'thou shalt not throw ink pellets at teachers in class' into my delicate arse with the traditional six strokes a bamboo cane. Seriously!
If you ever get a chance to watch the film 'If', starring Malcolm McDowell, the school used could have been cloned from mine. British public schools could be brutal places.

CORPORAL PUNISHMENT IN BRITISH SCHOOLS

If.... (1968) - IMDb

Anyway, I digress...

Hahaha that is fantastic. Yup, I’m familiar with If. I cosplayed as McDowell from Clockwork one Halloween like every other gothy teen girl with a gigantic crush on him.

Well, on the bright side of things, the NFL is doing their part.

They're working hard to assure that they will NEVER have large groups of people congregating in the stadiums again.

Football was a dying sport before any of this. Parents don’t prefer their kids suffer debilitating lifelong injury so dads can feel better about their penises.

Football was a dying sport before any of this. Parents don’t prefer their kids suffer debilitating lifelong injury so dads can feel better about their penises.

Tell us how you really feel.:lamo

I don’t know how you think bringing up “facts” of one event disputes the facts of another. Try to bring up related facts next time.

The example was directly related to your ability to drudge up "facts" that allow you to spin them in the manner you wish. Nice try at deflection though.

The example was directly related to your ability to drudge up "facts" that allow you to spin them in the manner you wish. Nice try at deflection though.
Try disputing the facts I presented instead of trying to educate me on how facts are manipulated. I’ve already had that course.

Try disputing the facts I presented instead of trying to educate me on how facts are manipulated. I’ve already had that course.

Sure, let your "facts" stand without questioning them as to context and place. Got it.

So current testing is inadequate after 8 months.

Massive testing will give massive false results. Both positive and negative.

There is no way to 100% eliminate the disease before we get herd immunity. There will always be some population with a pocket of it.

If I’m not mistaken Tim was speaking of death rates not totals.

State by state

Of course this is from 2018 but then your figure of 38,000 might have raised that number per 100,000.

I was actually speaking of the death rate now. That the rate of deaths per week is currently less than road accidents, probably.

There is no way to 100% eliminate the disease before we get herd immunity. There will always be some population with a pocket of it.

Is herd even possible?

Honest, this is insanity. Don't you folks understand anything around you?

England tried it... about to go into their second full lock down!

The answer is really quite simple. A lockdown should end when the virus is spreading slowly enough that it can be controlled with measures like social distancing, masks and the three interconnected measures that prevent chains of new infections testing, contact tracing and quarantine.

Many other countries have reached this point some time ago.

Unfortunately for the US when a country has a leader who discourages mask use and wants less testing, not more, it’s going to be a long hard road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That would be a never-ending lockdown.

Untill the disease has run its' course and we have herd immunity you will have it doing its' thing.

*Herd mentality.

No one is suggesting we need to eliminate the disease 100% except those who want to vote for TRump and know there is no reason that the wealthiest country in in the industrialized world has had the single most impotent response.

You should be humiliated and feel ashamed for insisting this is the best we can do as a country. You should then feel guilty about it when you remember Trump knew how bad it was and told you and your family to come to his rallies.

I was actually speaking of the death rate now. That the rate of deaths per week is currently less than road accidents, probably.
Yes I understood that. But as you can see either way it matters not to some.

Back
Top Bottom