• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When do you want it to end?

Or everybody locks down. Your choice.
Wouldn’t that have the same effect? Who’s going to run the food stores, utilities, the government, etc. Not everyone can work from home and if most or almost all don’t who’s gonna pay the bills? Unemployment checks aren’t going to be delivered cause no one will be processing them. My son waited almost two months just to get one in this current scenario.

Wouldn’t that have the same effect? Who’s going to run the food stores, utilities, the government, etc. Not everyone can work from home and if most or almost all don’t who’s gonna pay the bills? Unemployment checks aren’t going to be delivered cause no one will be processing them. My son waited almost two months just to get one in this current scenario.

Could have been done in about a month had the government decided to do it and if the bozone people had gone along with it. We would have been through it and recovering by now, just like China and some other nations with reasonable governments and populations.

It's costing far more this way. It's killing far more this way.

But...........take heart............some folks didn't have to wear a mask and that was very very important.

Last edited:
Could have been done in about a month had the government decided to do it and if the bozone people had gone along with it. We would have been through it and recovering by now, just like China and some other nations with reasonable governments and populations.

It's costing far more this way.
I don’t know. Some of the countries that took more auspicious measures are seeing a resurgence.

China races to contain a second wave of coronavirus cases in Beijing - CBS News

Better control won’t happen until a vaccine is readily available. Let’s hope it doesn’t become a political football.

I don’t know. Some of the countries that took more auspicious measures are seeing a resurgence.

China races to contain a second wave of coronavirus cases in Beijing - CBS News

Better control won’t happen until a vaccine is readily available. Let’s hope it doesn’t become a political football.

It was small (even though you have dredged a June event to attempt to make a false point) and it was promptly controlled. Better control was independent of a vaccine. Better control simply needed better people.

It was small (even though you have dredged a June event to attempt to make a false point) and it was promptly controlled. Better control was independent of a vaccine. Better control simply needed better people.
The point was (despite the date) that even those countries exercising controls more stringent than are own still saw resurgencies. It stands.

You will never ever manage to have a 100% effective lockdown.

You have yet to answer me as to why we dont’ have the rapid testing regime that the WH uses. Or did I miss the post? If so, apologies.

You have yet to answer me as to why we dont’ have the rapid testing regime that the WH uses. Or did I miss the post? If so, apologies.

I agree wide spread rapid testing like the WH uses should be available to anyone who wants the test. .

Some places do have rapid testing for a fee.

An appointment is needed for the test and I do not know of anywhere the general public can make a same day appointment.

I agree wide spread rapid testing like the WH uses should be available to anyone who wants the test. .

Some places do have rapid testing for a fee.

An appointment is needed for the test and I do not know of anywhere the general public can make a same day appointment.

If businesses big and small, and schools, at the very least had access, we would be so much further along to bridging a livable gap until a vaccine.

Courage or reckless stupidity? At my age (67), I don't want to be anywhere near the age group (young adults), currently enjoying the biggest rise in new infections and happily passing it on to anyone they meet. By all means party if you want. I choose life.

OK. So no problem if I go out and about. I'll roll the dice. Once I have gone through it (I think I had it last winter) you can come out. Untill them you will have to hide.

See previous post about dim witted people.

You think Latin America's disfunctional nations are going to be able to lockdown? If not then how are you going to close all contact with the nations to the South of US?

So maybe 5 years, maybe 20?

Trump warns at Nevada rally that Democrats are "trying to rig the election" - YouTube

It seems Trump wants to keep it going, and going. He's doing his best lying about his rallies being protests so he can gather as many people without masks into tight spaces.

Meanwhile, it's pretty much over in Vermont. You could always go there.

But it seems Trump would like to extend it for a while. He vows to open up everything once he wins his second term so, it might be here to stay in America.

You think Latin America's disfunctional nations are going to be able to lockdown? If not then how are you going to close all contact with the nations to the South of US?

We should embrace our neighbors to the south since it will be the only place in the world we will be able to travel with this much COVID. We might have to be a bit nicer. :2wave::rock

OK. So no problem if I go out and about. I'll roll the dice. Once I have gone through it (I think I had it last winter) you can come out. Untill them you will have to hide.

You can open it all up, but you can't make people go there, thatś stupid. How long do you think businesses will last with a 1/3 of its consumers?

Do you think there are enough Trumpers to make a thriving economy in America?

Good luck. Most people realize consumer confidence is what drives a market, not wishful thinking. Trumpers need their own country.

Under what conditions, what criteria, do you think the lockdown should end?

When the death rate is less than road accidents? (already there I think)

When the R rate, as invented/projected/guessed at by who knows, is below 1?

When there is a vaccine thatworks 100% of the time unlike the flue one?

Never?

At what point to we get back to life?

What lock down are you referring to?

So you really don't know but would rather it be the way you assume it to be.

WE can only go with the words she uses to express her intent. She's the one that tied her decision to open things here in LA to the election.

Back
Top Bottom