• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When do you want it to end?

When every school and small business has access to the same testing regime the WH enjoys.

Sounds reasonable to me.

The testing is the start... you then must trace and quarantine.

It's a major commitment.

It works though.

Well, one California an assembly woman let it slip: “After the elections”. As if we didn’t know the democrats feel economic misery speaks well to their base.
“We don’t realistically anticipate that we would be moving to either tier 2 or to reopening K-12 schools at least until after the election, in early November,” Ferrer said. “When we look at the timing of everything, it seems to us a more realistic approach to this would be to think that we’re going to be where we are now until we are done with the election.” Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer.

what stupidity you post.

Can she have spelled it out any more plain for you?

“We don’t realistically anticipate that we would be moving to either tier 2 or to reopening K-12 schools at least until after the election, in early November,” Ferrer said. “When we look at the timing of everything, it seems to us a more realistic approach to this would be to think that we’re going to be where we are now until we are done with the election.” Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer.

Well, one California an assembly woman let it slip: “After the elections”. As if we didn’t know the democrats feel economic misery speaks well to their base.

Tim is from the UK, I doubt the UK government is trying to hurt the republicans

Link to quote?

:lamo

Nu UH...Thats not true...no way...prove it. OH...well...umm....SURE...in fact...yeah, of COURSE its true.

She didnt say til sometime next year. She was quite clear. The elections. It comes down to the elections.

Knock yourself out

Audio: LA County Health Director Says Schools Won’t Reopen Until After November Election – CBS Los Angeles

You can even play the audio of her letting the Democrat cat out of the bag.

So shall we assume that she was quoting that date for some nefarious reason, or was it just a date to reference like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Do you know or are you just grabbing the quote because it can be spun to your bidding?

I ask this because there is no way under the present circumstances that the pandemic will be over by or even shortly after the elections. It may will still be here next year because of the non cooperative asshats.

:lamo

Nu UH...Thats not true...no way...prove it. OH...well...umm....SURE...in fact...yeah, of COURSE its true.

She didnt say til sometime next year. She was quite clear. The elections. It comes down to the elections.

Besides literally not mattering at all, what was the question that prompted the statement in the first place?

If the test results are that 3% of healthy people without the virus show as positive how do you ever eliminate this thing?

Our focus isn't on eradicating every trace of the virus in order to return to a sense of normalcy in practice and spirit. I've answered you q twice now, both expanded upon.

Instead of trying to corral me into an answer you want, tell me what you would like to see.

We will never be able to contain it. Get your head around that idea.

You will somehow have to go through it one way or another.

False. A vaccine or proper meds might contain it. It might just take a chemical airborn spray that is safe for plants and animals yet harms Covid 19 enough
to destroy or contain it .

Last edited:
The virus is here to stay. All we can do is try to keep it at bay-even when an effective vaccine is finally developed. Until then you'll just have to take whatever level of risk you find acceptable.

It's good to include a treatment method in there as well. If we can develop one which can mitigate severe reactions to COVID 19, then it gives us another option should a vaccine isn't found or distributed quickly enough.

So shall we assume that she was quoting that date for some nefarious reason, or was it just a date to reference like Thanksgiving or Christmas.

It wasn't Thanksgiving or Christmas. It was a date only of political significance. “When we look at the timing of everything, it seems to us a more realistic approach to this would be to think that we’re going to be where we are now until we are done with the election.” Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer.

"done with the election?" You tell me, why you think this was a benign choice? If it was simply a time frame, why not a benign day like Halloween, which is only three days earlier?

It wasn't Thanksgiving or Christmas. It was a date only of political significance. “When we look at the timing of everything, it seems to us a more realistic approach to this would be to think that we’re going to be where we are now until we are done with the election.” Los Angeles County Public Health Director Barbara Ferrer.

"done with the election?" You tell me, why you think this was a benign choice? If it was simply a time frame, why not a benign day like Halloween, which is only three days earlier?

So you really don't know but would rather it be the way you assume it to be.

Originally Posted by Tim the plumber View Post
My choiuce;

Those who are vulnerable isolate whilst the rest of us go out and go through it. Once we had died or not you can come out 2 months later.

Sounds like a plan. However, just those with type 2 diabetes in the US is around 37.2 million.

Type 2 Diabetes Statistics and Facts

Add in all those with other diseases, like heart disease:

Nearly half of all adult Americans have cardiovascular disease -- ScienceDaily

Nearly 48% of the population.

So it may be that much more than half of the U.S. population will be in lockdown. Might as well turn out the lights in the U.S. The other half won't be able to support us.

Or everybody locks down. Your choice.

When the people that know what their talking about, explain why it's OK to continue a normal lifestyle. Myself and millions of others don't want to start all over again..staying home 98% of the time just because people
"Have to party"

What???

If you are unable to go out that is being locked down.

Let those who have courage party and the cowards can wait untill herd immunity has happened.

When there's a scientifically-determined herd immunity, I suppose. That determination would have to come from a CDC not under the direction of the Trump administration, however.

Only get that after lots of people have had it. So why stop the not vulnerable, or just reasonabely brave, from going about their business?

Define the vulnerable. You are probably speaking of over half the population. Will your economy get better with only half the population working?

I thought that this meme had come to an obvious conclusion to even the most dim.

Had there been one solid lockdown, back in March perhaps, we would be out from under by now and life could return almost to normal as it has in many countries around the world. Unfortunately, stupid people have driven us into a situation where we probably need a lockdown now that will take longer, cost more and because of the attitudes of the dim witted, in all likely hood not work as well.

You will never ever manage to have a 100% effective lockdown.

False. A vaccine or proper meds might contain it. It might just take a chemical airborn spray that is safe for plants and animals yet harms Covid 19 enough
to destroy or contain it .

Or a fairy Godmother might wisk it away.

What???

If you are unable to go out that is being locked down.

Let those who have courage party and the cowards can wait untill herd immunity has happened.

Courage or reckless stupidity? At my age (67), I don't want to be anywhere near the age group (young adults), currently enjoying the biggest rise in new infections and happily passing it on to anyone they meet. By all means party if you want. I choose life.

Only get that after lots of people have had it. So why stop the not vulnerable, or just reasonabely brave, from going about their business?

Why? Because too many people are asymptomatic and can unload their virus, unknowingly, onto others-including you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom