• We will be taking the forum down for maintenance at [5:15 am CDT] - in 15 minutes. We should be down less than 1 hour.
  • This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

When did you choose your sexual orientation?

When did you choose your sexual Orientation

• 14 or Before

Votes: 5 16.1%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 20 or after

• IT IS NOT A CHOICE

Votes: 26 83.9%

• Total voters

DeeJayH

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This seemed to be a good way to get some numbers behind all the debating

when did you choose your sexuality

Two words. Claudia Schiffer. When I was eleven probably, but I didn't CHOOSE to be straight. I simply AM straight.

I'd say for me it was at the age of six or thereabouts......staring at one of the many barbie dolls my sister had!:lol:

This seemed to be a good way to get some numbers behind all the debating

when did you choose your sexuality

I don't know about you....but I've loved women since I can remember. I use to love watching Baby Got Back on MTV when it first came out. It just came naturally to me.

Linda Carter did it for me. I didn't even know what she was doing for me, but I felt it. When I saw those Wonder Woman episodes with her big blue eyes, and big... W's on her chest, wow. I always tried to make it home from school to see that show.

Are those shows on DVD now? :2razz:

I was in first grade and watched 'Valley Girl'. That's what did it for me. I had my first "girlfriend" and kiss that year too. They real stuff didn't start until sixth grade.

I didn't choose either, it was natural.

I was in first grade and watched 'Valley Girl'. That's what did it for me. I had my first "girlfriend" and kiss that year too. They real stuff didn't start until sixth grade.

I didn't choose either, it was natural.

Nicholas Cage was so *yum* in that movie.
It's like... what happened to him? :confused:

The real confusion started in fourth grade, when I saw Purple Rain and developed a monstrous crush on Prince, despite the fact that he looked like a woman. Or maybe because of it. Hehe.
Since that time, androgyny and gender ambiguity- sociological gender ambiguity, not medical gender ambiguity, which I find sort of repulsive- has held an intense fascination for me.
I like people you have to look twice at to figure out if they're male or female.
Pretty, delicate ones, that is (lest my words conjure up images of "It's Pat" from SNL).

When I first chose to pursue a particular person sexually.
We choose who we pursue.
And, we do not pursue everyone we are attracted to.

But it's such an important decision!

I'm going to need a little more time.

Never chose it...it has always been there, and is not a choice.

I think the question some people are answering is 'When did you become aware of your sexual orientation?'

Choose? hmmmm I don't think I chose anything. I never had an attraction to another female. But then not everything about me is as natural (looks at the brown roots coming in on the top of my head with a sigh...heh)

I chose my sexual orientation while I was securely tucked away in the oven.

But I became aware of my choice around 6 years old ( not sexually, just that I had the desire to kiss girls, and not boys ). My awareness of sexuality came when I saw pictures of US gymnast Shannon Miller prancing around in her little gymnast outfit......Strange considering I don't really have a penchant for gymnasts nowdays, although I guess it could be interesting.....

I chose my sexual orientation while I was securely tucked away in the oven.

But I became aware of my choice around 6 years old ( not sexually, just that I had the desire to kiss girls, and not boys ). My awareness of sexuality came when I saw pictures of US gymnast Shannon Miller prancing around in her little gymnast outfit......Strange considering I don't really have a penchant for gymnasts nowdays, although I guess it could be interesting.....

Enjoy
gallery_shannon.jpg

I guess I became suspicious that I was really digging the guys at about the time we all started growing hair in funny places and I noticed it in gym class. My friend Chad also became "adorable" to me the way he smiled and his eyes twinkled just a little bit. I got reasonably worried that things were taking a twist when I realized that the shape of his back and shoulders was inflaming a newly developed instinct to submerge myself in cold water or else suffer a soreness of both heart and groin....I would have to say I was in about 8th grade when I came to the realization that I was all about the dudes.

I did not fully confirm that realization until my freshmen year of high school, but that it another tale.

I chose to reject and suppress the gay side of my bisexual feelings around 12.

At the risk of being accused of jealous cattiness, something about that lady's physique is disturbingly masculine.
She's... like, bumpy. And veiny. And possessed of a sort of bulgy muscularity that I find really unappealing in men and women alike.
But okay. To most guys, I guess that's teh shizzle fo' rizzle. :confused:
I'm sure she worked hard to get... that way.

1069...I like it. Are you a history teacher or professor or something?

At the risk of being accused of jealous cattiness, something about that lady's physique is disturbingly masculine.
She's... like, bumpy. And veiny. And possessed of a sort of bulgy muscularity that I find really unappealing in men and women alike.
But okay. To most guys, I guess that's teh shizzle fo' rizzle. :confused:
I'm sure she worked hard to get... that way.
Personally I think she looks like a transvestite in that picture. Definitely not for me. I perfer my women a little more curvy. Scarlet Johansson springs to mind.

Personally I think she looks like a transvestite in that picture. Definitely not for me. I perform my women a little more curvy. Scarlet Johansson springs to mind.

Yet it's an interesting testament to the nature of sexual attraction.
You know?
Even among people of the same sexual orientation, it's so varied: what works. What doesn't.

jessica-alba-749754.jpg

Is this example better than the first one? :2razz:

gallery_shannon.jpg

Never could understand the appeal of cheesecake photos where the model’s face and body language radiate her disgust for the photographer...
bismitch said:
jessica-alba-749754.jpg

Is this example better than the first one?
Much better :):yt

Anyways, I chose my sexual orientation on October 16th, 1992, at exactly 10:23am EST.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom