• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When Did Systemic Racism End?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qualified people fill those positions, touting that we have allowed these minorities to fill them is systemic racism, IMO. There's a lot of white grievance and white victim-hood by many on the right, but there certainly is not any racism against whites, to even say that is racist.

*chuckle*

I'm sorry, but you have failed to convince me of your point of view on this issue Friend.

A decent education. If you believe public education in the United states is funded fairly and equitably between mostly white middle class neighborhoods and low income black neighborhoods, your completely wrong.

Building quality schools takes a lot of time, effort, money, and involvement and effort from all parties concerned fella.
Schools get a good deal of their funding from the surrounding communities.
The areas that have good schools have good schools for a reason. Because they made them, not because they were given to them.
And there is a lot of individual and familial effort required to get a kid educated. Some families save from the time their child is born and even before that.
If a child is in poverty or a single parent home there will always be more obstacles. I was born into poverty myself, but you'd say I'm "privileged", because of my skin color. :rolleyes:
I dont care for that. I'm more of a self-determination kind of guy. Regardless of skin color. Theres your "equality".

Because some here cannot be trusted to give an honest account, here's what Trump actually said in those often (and willfully) misquoted "fine people" comments (emphasis added):

Trump: "Excuse me, excuse me. They didn’t put themselves -- and you had some very bad people in that group, but you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides. You had people in that group. Excuse me, excuse me. I saw the same pictures as you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name."
Reporter: "George Washington and Robert E. Lee are not the same."
Trump: "George Washington was a slave owner. Was George Washington a slave owner? So will George Washington now lose his status? Are we going to take down -- excuse me, are we going to take down statues to George Washington? How about Thomas Jefferson? What do you think of Thomas Jefferson? You like him?"
Reporter: "I do love Thomas Jefferson."
Trump: "Okay, good. Are we going to take down the statue? Because he was a major slave owner. Now, are we going to take down his statue?
"So you know what, it’s fine. You’re changing history. You’re changing culture. And you had people -- and I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and the white nationalists -- because they should be condemned totally. But you had many people in that group other than neo-Nazis and white nationalists. Okay? And the press has treated them absolutely unfairly.

... I am no fan of Trump, but anyone who tells you he was calling white supremacists "very fine people" is either ignorant or lying (or a loathsome combination of the two).

Examples?
In May 2015, HUD announced that Associated Bank had agreed to a $200 million settlement over redlining in Chicago and Milwaukee. The three-year HUD observation led to the complaint that the bank purposely rejected mortgage applications from black and Latino applicants. The final settlement required AB to open branches in non-white neighborhoods, just like HSBC.

NYAG announced a settlement with Evans Bank for $825,000 on September 10, 2015. An investigation had uncovered the erasure of black neighborhoods from mortgage lending maps. According to Schneiderman, of the over 1,100 mortgage applications the bank received between 2009 and 2012, only four were from African Americans. Following this investigation, The Buffalo News reported that more banks could be investigated for the same reasons in the near future. The most notable examples of such DOJ and HUD settlements have focused heavily on community banks in large metropolitan areas, but banks in other regions have been the subject of such orders as well, including First United Security Bank in Thomasville, Alabama, and Community State Bank in Saginaw, Michigan.

The DOJ announced a $33 million settlement with Hudson City Savings Bank which services on September 24, 2015. The six-year DOJ investigation had proven that the company was intentionally avoiding granting mortgages to Latinos and African Americans and purposely avoided expanding into minority-majority communities. The Justice Department called it the "largest residential mortgage redlining settlement in its history." As a part of the settlement agreement, HCSB was forced to open branches in non-white communities. As U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman explained to Emily Badger for WAPO, "f you lived in a majority-black or Hispanic neighborhood and you wanted to apply for a mortgage, Hudson City Savings Bank was not the place to go." The enforcement agencies cited additional evidence of discrimination in Hudson City's broker selection practices, noting that the bank received 80 percent of its mortgage applications from mortgage brokers but that the brokers with whom the bank worked were not located in majority African-American and Hispanic areas.

Looks like Redlining exists even in the 21st Century.

all policy in this country should treat all people equally or it is wrong. this is the ONLY way to overcome all racism.

if people are NOT being treated equally, take the offending party to court and win a lawsuit.

In May 2015, HUD announced that Associated Bank had agreed to a $200 million settlement over redlining in Chicago and Milwaukee. The three-year HUD observation led to the complaint that the bank purposely rejected mortgage applications from black and Latino applicants. The final settlement required AB to open branches in non-white neighborhoods, just like HSBC.

NYAG announced a settlement with Evans Bank for $825,000 on September 10, 2015. An investigation had uncovered the erasure of black neighborhoods from mortgage lending maps. According to Schneiderman, of the over 1,100 mortgage applications the bank received between 2009 and 2012, only four were from African Americans. Following this investigation, The Buffalo News reported that more banks could be investigated for the same reasons in the near future. The most notable examples of such DOJ and HUD settlements have focused heavily on community banks in large metropolitan areas, but banks in other regions have been the subject of such orders as well, including First United Security Bank in Thomasville, Alabama, and Community State Bank in Saginaw, Michigan.

The DOJ announced a $33 million settlement with Hudson City Savings Bank which services on September 24, 2015. The six-year DOJ investigation had proven that the company was intentionally avoiding granting mortgages to Latinos and African Americans and purposely avoided expanding into minority-majority communities. The Justice Department called it the "largest residential mortgage redlining settlement in its history." As a part of the settlement agreement, HCSB was forced to open branches in non-white communities. As U.S. Attorney Paul Fishman explained to Emily Badger for WAPO, "f you lived in a majority-black or Hispanic neighborhood and you wanted to apply for a mortgage, Hudson City Savings Bank was not the place to go." The enforcement agencies cited additional evidence of discrimination in Hudson City's broker selection practices, noting that the bank received 80 percent of its mortgage applications from mortgage brokers but that the brokers with whom the bank worked were not located in majority African-American and Hispanic areas.

and that was the proper response. perfect with what i just stated.

and that was the proper response. perfect with what i just stated.
Not good enough. Just because Civil Tort is the ONLY avenue open to many caught in these redlining schemes does not make it the right response. Criminal statutes should be available forcing offenders to face possible incarceration. Donald Trump is a good example of the failings of Civil Tort as a remedy. Donald and his Daddy were scumbags and Donnie Rotten is still a scumbag. Losing or settling Civil Tort proceedings did not change their behavior.

Not good enough. Just because Civil Tort is the ONLY avenue open to many caught in these redlining schemes does not make it the right response. Criminal statutes should be available forcing offenders to face possible incarceration. Donald Trump is a good example of the failings of Civil Tort as a remedy. Donald and his Daddy were scumbags and Donnie Rotten is still a scumbag. Losing or settling Civil Tort proceedings did not change their behavior.
then make it possibly criminal at teh behest of the court. I don't care. but that is the way to deal with it, proof, and a court decision.

then make it possibly criminal at teh behest of the court. I don't care. but that is the way to deal with it, proof, and a court decision.
Oh OK....so I can count you as supporting Legislation that would support criminalization? Ah-huh! I doubt it.

You’re misquoting him, too. You’re leaving out what he said next.
What did Trump say next? Which time? Are you talking about Trump's first statement about the riot where he never mentioned white supremacy? Or Trump's statement during the infrastructure press conference where he contradicted the WH statement?

Last edited:

Ok that is a good start. So there are lots of example of blacks attacking whites. So does thst show there is a systematic attack on whites in society?

Your example doesn’t show systematic racism. It shows one instance of a company.

And it is very likely there was little to no race motivation, it was about a business model to make money.

I suspect Lamborghini dealers don’t open any stores in black neighborhoods........oh no it’s systemstic racism.

At the He ofmthe day any black with the credit can go by a Lamborghini, or a house. No black is denied a loan because they are black. If they have the credit score they will get the loan. I am willing to say there could be rare exceptions. But thst isn’t remotely systematic racism.

Ok that is a good start. So there are lots of example of blacks attacking whites. So does thst show there is a systematic attack on whites in society?

Your example doesn’t show systematic racism. It shows one instance of a company.

And it is very likely there was little to no race motivation, it was about a business model to make money.

I suspect Lamborghini dealers don’t open any stores in black neighborhoods........oh no it’s systemstic racism.
That is an absurd response. You wanted examples YOU GOT THEM. That you cannot do better than BLATHER speaks volumes.

If you knew the history of redlining you might actually have a shot at a cogent argument. But you don't DO YA'!

That is an absurd response. You wanted examples YOU GOT THEM. That you cannot do better than BLATHER speaks volumes.

If you knew the history of redlining you might actually have a shot at a cogent argument. But you don't DO YA'!
BS. Examples of an instance of something isn’t proof that the system is racist.

At the end of the day nearly any black with the qualifying credit can buy a Lamborghini or a house. This is reality. There will be a lender from them. History doesn’t mean jack to the present reality.

Systemic racism does not exist. The Insurrection didn't happen and if it did ANTIFA.

You boys really need a new playbook. The old one is not doing you much good these days.

BS. Examples of an instance of something isn’t proof that the system is racist.

At the end of the day nearly any black with the qualifying credit can buy a Lamborghini or a house. This is reality. There will be a lender from them. History doesn’t mean jack to the present reality.
Ah-yes the ole' "If I don't know it, it must not matter argument." How Trumpian.

The right is now a laughing stock typified by its Performance Artists, Cancun Ted Cruz, Power Salute Josh Hawley, Donnie Rotten and the Qanon Queen. The entire movement is now for shit......a terrorist cell grafted onto a propaganda machine. It will be Tucker Carlson for President next.

So, do you believe there is currently racial disparity in this country with respect to healthcare, housing and criminal justice?
Yes. I just don’t think it has to do with racism for most part. If we examine Apple to apples, like blacks and whites that got married early put off having kids and got a high school diploma, much of the difference in economic outcomes disappears. This analysis has been done.

Ah-yes the ole' "If I don't know it, it must not matter argument." How Trumpian.

The right is now a laughing stock typified by its Performance Artists, Cancun Ted Cruz, Power Salute Josh Hawley, Donnie Rotten and the Qanon Queen. The entire movement is now for shit......a terrorist cell grafted onto a propaganda machine. It will be Tucker Carlson for President next.
So where are theses blacks withnqualifying credit thst can’t get a lan?

Examples?

If the system were racist, there should be plenty of examples of this. Apart of possibly rare isolated cases, it simply doesn’t exist. Nor have you demonstrated otherwise.
To the contrary, your example shows the system is working and corrects rare unfair practices.

Yes. I just don’t think it has to do with racism for most part. If we examine Apple to apples, like blacks and whites that got married early put off having kids and got a high school diploma, much of the difference in economic outcomes disappears. This analysis has been done.
And let me guess.....that happened to Blacks because they are INFERIOR. Never mind that chattel slavery blew apart the Black Family in this country completely and the demise of The Restoration and Jim Crow knocks its dick in the dirt for another 100 years at least.

You agree that there is racial disparity in this country.

So, all things being equal, if a white person and a black person get caught with weed or apply for an apartment or go the Dr and are treated differently, why does that happen?

Your last answer to the same question mostly talked about black people's behavior. When I asked you if that was your answer, you said no.

So where are theses blacks withnqualifying credit thst can’t get a lan?

Examples?

If the system were racist, there should be plenty of examples of this. Apart of possibly rare isolated cases, it simply doesn’t exist. Nor have you demonstrated otherwise.
To the contrary, your example shows the system is working and corrects rare unfair practices.
You asked for examples YOU GOT THEM and now you decide to move the goalposts. Aren't you embarrassed yet. Let me guess.....NOOOOOOO!

What did Trump say next? Which time? Are you talking about Trump's first statement about the riot where he never mentioned white supremacy? Or Trump's statement during the infrastructure press conference where he contradicted the WH statement?
See post #179.

You asked for examples YOU GOT THEM and now you decide to move the goalposts. Aren't you embarrassed yet. Let me guess.....NOOOOOOO!
You gave zero example of what I asked. An example of something isn’t an example of systematic something.

Plenty of examples of blacks getting loans. So I guess I proved the system is working.

You are embarrassing yourself.

paraphrasing Sowell.
System racism is like ketchup . It can applied to anything and questioning it makes you racist?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom