• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When did Males become the aggressors

This has come to my attention a couple days ago when one of my siblings asked if hamsters males rape hamster females my answer was no if male is placed in females cage or the female dose not except a male the female would kill the male and after that my fathered had said that female horses can kick a male in the testicles making him un fertile and killing the male . My question is when in human biology did males become the aggressors and female less dominate . In most other species the female is bigger and in charge . I'm trying to create a timeline and perhaps a thoughtful discussion of when this happen since my time in the library and a computer is limited . Those who may complain I thought this had to do more with sexuality slightly more than Philosophy .

Well - you use an example of violence (kicking to render infertile)

Timeline? We've evolved over unknown centuries - there is no point on the known timeline for us to mark past a certain point in history. People have researched the history of male and female gender behaviors and physical attributes in depth. As a result, countless books and research papers are available on the subject. The further back you go, the more educated guesswork is involved because there are less verifiable, written accounts of human behavior and social concepts.

Maybe 50,000 years ago things were different for people living in Africa - and thus, today, their descendent still retain some of those differences and thus a lot of black women are just as powerful/strong/bold in stature as their male counterparts (just a random theory for example).

Maybe 100,000 years ago things were entirely backwards for all humans and there was a revolt by men who then decided they favored the smaller, more petite women who lived in some mountain village (Don't know - use your imagination)

We don't know how long humans have been on the earth - all we have, the deeper you dig, are a small number of human remains to go from here and there, scattered around the world, and telling a very scant and unsure tale.

So, there is no one solid answer. We have very few indisputable facts of how ancient man lived, only well educated theories.

But - back to your point on violence being a sign of submission/dominance. No, I don't think so. Have you seen how vindictive, rash, and brutal women can be? I'm sure you're aware of the endless woes that some men have experienced because they married whom they came to know as 'an emotional nutbag' (etc) . . . trust me, the idea that women are naturally docile and meek is irrational.

Now - applying the benefits and necessities (imagine this before the industrial and agricultural revolution within the modern era) . . . having the appearance of being docile, meek and helpless - while secretly being shrewd, conniving, and inventive - could have been the key to survival for females.

(example) Take a man who would do anything for a beautiful woman who was a good cook, and good in bed because those are his main interests - and then make her controlling and cunning when no one's looking - and she has a happy, healthy life and their kids are well taken care of at his expense.

If you look at survival and put aside violence or physical brawn as being the mode of delivery of strength and you might be surprised (or put off) by what you find.

I'm fairly certain that chimps and other primates have similar sexual habits, so it would likely go back at least as far as our common ancestor. Once you're not talking about monkeys anymore, it's just too different to tell. Some of it, of course, is cultural. Thousands of years of freaky taboos and men who were afraid of the mystical powers of vaginas gave us some pretty weird ideas.

I'm fairly certain that chimps and other primates have similar sexual habits, so it would likely go back at least as far as our common ancestor. Once you're not talking about monkeys anymore, it's just too different to tell. Some of it, of course, is cultural. Thousands of years of freaky taboos and men who were afraid of the mystical powers of vaginas gave us some pretty weird ideas.

Yes - and his suggestion that most other animal species have a physically dominant female is highly uneducated.

This has come to my attention a couple days ago when one of my siblings asked if hamsters males rape hamster females my answer was no if male is placed in females cage or the female dose not except a male the female would kill the male and after that my fathered had said that female horses can kick a male in the testicles making him un fertile and killing the male . My question is when in human biology did males become the aggressors and female less dominate . In most other species the female is bigger and in charge . I'm trying to create a timeline and perhaps a thoughtful discussion of when this happen since my time in the library and a computer is limited . Those who may complain I thought this had to do more with sexuality slightly more than Philosophy .

Well, first of all human beings are not hamsters, so of course we have different behaviors. Also, I think in MOST species, the male is the larger and more dominant one generally. Different species following have different instincts for survival. I'm sure rape and other forms of violence were probably quite a common occurrence among early man as well, against females as well as other males.

I think I need to file a Hurt Feelings report.

:wink:

Well I didn't TELL you to give me the benefit of the doubt. :D

Seriously, if you can't laugh at my posts, then I haven't done my job correctly.

This is me being aggressive...at least until my roofies come in.

Well I didn't TELL you to give me the benefit of the doubt. :D

Seriously, if you can't laugh at my posts, then I haven't done my job correctly.

This is me being aggressive...at least until my roofies come in.

Ah, Gipper, what are we going to do with you? There are other ways to entice a girl without chemicals.

Trust me on this.

You obviously don't know what I look like.

No, I don't. Not to be cliché, but looks aren't everything. You do have a good sense of humor, albeit slightly warped and misplaced at times.

No, I don't. Not to be cliché, but looks aren't everything. You do have a good sense of humor, albeit slightly warped and misplaced at times.

popped-collar.jpg

Actually in the mammal kingdom the females have never been overtly aggressive. Not saying that they can't be. But generally the males are far more overtly aggressive.

As for the size, generally speaking males in the mammal catagory have generally always been larger. Take a look at the following link and for the most part in each of the mammals listed the male is generally larger than the females. If you study up on those species you will also notice that it is the males that are usually more aggressive in nature, and more dominate.

At least overtly. I personally contend that females are more aggressive...just in far subtler ways than men.

Nothing has actually changed.

Back
Top Bottom