• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

When a black guy doesnt follow orders, he gets shot in the back seven times. When a white outlaw

The page is broken but the string lists the words “active shooter situation”

I mean...you’re not even trying here.

Works fine for me. Maybe it isn't the site that is broken? :lamo

“To protect and to serve”

Absolutely. When a subject does not comply with commands and violence is a potential they become a threat. They are serving -and protecting- the public and those immediately involved by ending the threat.

Works fine for me. Maybe it isn't the site that is broken? :lamo

No, it’s the argument:

Explain the connection between an active shooter situation and a guy getting shot int he back 8 times?

Absolutely. When a subject does not comply with commands and violence is a potential they become a threat. They are serving -and protecting- the public and those immediately involved by ending the threat.

If a group of them with guns and batons cannot handle one unarmed guy with his back to them, they are clearly a danger to the public either due to their gross incompetence or wanton malice.

This is why we need to defund the police and put resources into different orgs better equipped to deal with our communities. When your tools are guns, badges, and racism, of course this is going to keep happening.

If non-compliance happens when cops have guns drawn and they say "drop the knife and do not go to your car" what would you expect to happen? If you and others believe that to be idiocy peddling then I fear we may already be too far gone.

There were several officers on the scene. None of them had tasers available to take him down a second time and disarm him, assuming he really had a knife? I see a lot of assumptions on both sides. We have no evidence a knife was involved, we have no evidence he was reaching for anything in his vehicle, and we have no evidence that the opposite is also true. Everyone should wait and see what the investigation turns up before making snap judgements. I do think 7-8 shots in the back is excessive force regardless of what we find out, but the extent of that excess should be determined by an unbiased court of law. It is unlikely a court of law in that area will be unbiased due to working closely with the police there, which is another issue with the current system.

My biggest issue is that the police in that area were not required to have bodycams. We will never know if we receive the full truth since officers can make up stories to save themselves. The reports they file could be 100% true, or they could have enough fiction to avoid severe punitive actions. The video provided by witnesses is barely helpful since it is such low resolution and quality.

anti cop radicals constantly lie about the police and pro life conservatives.

“Anti cop radicals”

1ebc2999c1b719990174b665dfea377c.jpg

No, it’s the argument:

Explain the connection between an active shooter situation and a guy getting shot int he back 8 times?

He wasn't shot 8 times. :lamo

If a group of them with guns and batons cannot handle one unarmed guy with his back to them, they are clearly a danger to the public either due to their gross incompetence or wanton malice.

This is why we need to defund the police and put resources into different orgs better equipped to deal with our communities. When your tools are guns, badges, and racism, of course this is going to keep happening.

Ok. I'm guessing you're not involved too much with the public and having to problem-solve. Looks like you already made up your mind before this even happened based on your last sentence. Good luck and have a good one.

There were several officers on the scene. None of them had tasers available to take him down a second time and disarm him, assuming he really had a knife? I see a lot of assumptions on both sides. We have no evidence a knife was involved, we have no evidence he was reaching for anything in his vehicle, and we have no evidence that the opposite is also true. Everyone should wait and see what the investigation turns up before making snap judgements. I do think 7-8 shots in the back is excessive force regardless of what we find out, but the extent of that excess should be determined by an unbiased court of law. It is unlikely a court of law in that area will be unbiased due to working closely with the police there, which is another issue with the current system.

My biggest issue is that the police in that area were not required to have bodycams. We will never know if we receive the full truth since officers can make up stories to save themselves. The reports they file could be 100% true, or they could have enough fiction to avoid severe punitive actions. The video provided by witnesses is barely helpful since it is such low resolution and quality.

I agree with waiting for all the facts to come in. Who knows if all the officers were issued tasers, I suppose every dept. is different. As the investigation unfolds, more and more details will emerge. I can't say if 7-8 shots is too many. If they in fact believed he was going for a weapon in the car, then they were shooting until he stopped reaching.

I too am wondering about body cams. Most depts. have them nowadays. Funding issue?

If non-compliance happens when cops have guns drawn and they say "drop the knife and do not go to your car" what would you expect to happen? If you and others believe that to be idiocy peddling then I fear we may already be too far gone.

Was a weapon recovered?

Was a weapon recovered?

I have no idea. The man who recorded the video stated that they were yelling drop the knife and they were obviously trying to keep him away from his vehicle. I'm sure the investigation will shed light on that.

I agree with waiting for all the facts to come in. Who knows if all the officers were issued tasers, I suppose every dept. is different. As the investigation unfolds, more and more details will emerge. I can't say if 7-8 shots is too many. If they in fact believed he was going for a weapon in the car, then they were shooting until he stopped reaching.

I too am wondering about body cams. Most depts. have them nowadays. Funding issue?

The bodycams sounded like a policy issue rather than a funding issue.

I want to share an interesting video I found with a European situation since I have seen several Europeans comment that this could have been de-escalated without involving guns. Obviously, the situation is different due to the other civilians on the scene, the man's vehicle being parked nearby and possibly having other weapons inside, etc., but it still shows a contrast between thinking within our police force versus other developed countries.

Ok. I'm guessing you're not involved too much with the public and having to problem-solve. Looks like you already made up your mind before this even happened based on your last sentence. Good luck and have a good one.

Are you an LEO?

He wasn't shot 8 times. :lamo

How many times was he shot?

And can you explain what an active shooter situation has to do with Blake’s you linked to a broken article and haven’t really explained it.

I have no idea. The man who recorded the video stated that they were yelling drop the knife and they were obviously trying to keep him away from his vehicle. I'm sure the investigation will shed light on that.

And the man who recorded it also stated he saw no knife and there’s nothing about a knife being taken into evidence. So we may have a situation where a guy was shot for not dropping a non existent knife.

Back
Top Bottom