• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

What Would It take To Change Your Mind? [W:111]

Re: What Would It take To Change Your Mind?

What Would It take To Change Your Mind?

Evidence!

So, now we gotta buy a book in order to read it from 1st to last before chucking it?

No, you can continue being in the dark about it.

I'll write you one that debunks it and provide documentation within how it's irrefutable.

100 bucks okay?

I don't believe you.

No, you can continue being in the dark about it.
Your preferences are your privilege. Projecting them onto other is........wellllll.................just projection.
I don't believe you.
Thanks for confirming that this whole shebang is simply just about what you believe.

Your preferences are your privilege. Projecting them onto other is........wellllll.................just projection.Thanks for confirming that this whole shebang is simply just about what you believe.

There's a lot more Christians in this country (America) than there are folks like you who don't believe. So it's not just what I believe.

I will lose no time in reading it.
More importantly, I'll lose no money on buying it.

But if Logicman shoves over 100 bucks, that might sway me.

There's a lot more Christians in this country (America) than there are folks like you who don't believe. So it's not just what I believe.
argumentum ad populum?

Maybe you might want to do something about that username?

argumentum ad populum?

Maybe you might want to do something about that username?

The point is that miracles are documented and there is evidence for that in the comprehensive, two-volume work I previously linked to. And skeptics don't want to hear about it. I guess they feel their pet beliefs must never be challenged. Too bad for them that the wise understand the real truth.

The point is that miracles are documented and there is evidence for that in the comprehensive, two-volume work I previously linked to. And skeptics don't want to hear about it. I guess they feel their pet beliefs must never be challenged. Too bad for them that the wise understand the real truth.
Aw shucks, no need to get jealous::2razz:;)

What you presented was an attempt, by INTELLIGENT DESIGN, trying to show how life MIGHT HAVE STARTED. That's all you had.

What happens in a test tube now is also what happens if the same conditions happen naturally. Since these conditions were there during the early Earth it is obvious that that is what must have happened.

No matter how you try to avoid it carbon chemistry in a liquid without free oxygen creates life like chemicals which will continue to reproduce and mutate.

That looks like life to me.

Like I told you before, there's no way you can accurately predict what the specific conditions were in some primordial swamp slime pit.

Second, unless I've missed it, no one has yet to successfully created life in a test tube.

1, Wrong, we know what sort of environments were around, what chemicals etc were about.

2, Define life. My definition is anything which reproduces it's self, which feeds and grows, which can be killed/destroyed. If it passes all these tests I consider it life. What is yours? I ask because the oil drops in the TED video I posted pass my definition.

Like I told you before, there's no way you can accurately predict what the specific conditions were in some primordial swamp slime pit.

Second, unless I've missed it, no one has yet to successfully created life in a test tube.

The early ocean was not a primordial slime pit. Please let us have scientific accuracy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=57merteLsBc

So, now we gotta buy a book in order to read it from 1st to last before chucking it?

Ever heard of a public library?

I'll write you one that debunks it and provide documentation within how it's irrefutable.

Sure you will, Chagos. ROTFLOL!

Either quote me completely or
Haha oh no it's the quote police. :lamo

Oh umm.. stay on topic.. Alzheimer's would change my mind.

in the comprehensive, two-volume work I previously linked to.

I don't think that word means what you think it means.

Evidence.

If evidence was presented to me that explained any supernatural phenomenon to the point that being skeptical was unreasonable I would accept it and change my mind. I am equally skeptical of any such claims and any other extraordinary claims in the absence of evidence. I default to skeptical just as I do for Flying Pink Unicorns, Santa Claus and Faeries.

What would change your mind from your current position?

Nothing. My faith is a rock. Sometimes it sinks below the level of the ocean of emotion, but it is still there. It won't be broken.

But here is a real question:

Why does it matter?

Nothing. My faith is a rock. Sometimes it sinks below the level of the ocean of emotion, but it is still there. It won't be broken.

But here is a real question:

Why does it matter?

The topic of the OP is, 'What would change your mind?' NOT, 'Why does it matter?' however, I will add some clarification for you. I would say that if you are entering into a debate then it is dishonest to do so if you are simply not going to be open to understanding an opposing point of view and/or changing your own view if sufficient grounds were presented for you to do so. So, this is a simple litmus test as to whether it is actually even worth debating with some people in real life or on here. It is arguable that by doing so on here, you can expose the mendacity and dishonesty of their tactics but, the nuances of debating such a person, in my opinion, are lost on many people. If you want to discuss it further I am ok with starting a thread on why having an open mind in context matters.

In the meantime, evidence would change my mind and it appears that you are saying nothing would change yours.

The topic of the OP is, 'What would change your mind?' NOT, 'Why does it matter?' however, I will add some clarification for you. I would say that if you are entering into a debate then it is dishonest to do so if you are simply not going to be open to understanding an opposing point of view and/or changing your own view if sufficient grounds were presented for you to do so. So, this is a simple litmus test as to whether it is actually even worth debating with some people in real life or on here. It is arguable that by doing so on here, you can expose the mendacity and dishonesty of their tactics but, the nuances of debating such a person, in my opinion, are lost on many people. If you want to discuss it further I am ok with starting a thread on why having an open mind in context matters.

In the meantime, evidence would change my mind and it appears that you are saying nothing would change yours.

You want evidence? Here's a whole book full of evidences. Let me know how you like it.

f851c2befc8900ce226b356bc088b8c2.jpg

Evidence.

If evidence was presented to me that explained any supernatural phenomenon to the point that being skeptical was unreasonable I would accept it and change my mind. I am equally skeptical of any such claims and any other extraordinary claims in the absence of evidence. I default to skeptical just as I do for Flying Pink Unicorns, Santa Claus and Faeries.

What would change your mind from your current position?
Being a former Catholic it would take a bona fide biblical scale miracle to make me renege my Atheism. :mrgreen:

I maintain an open mind simply because I can state categorically I do not know what the creation is and I don't know what is out there. People that claim they have the answer are simply not worth listening to.

Back
Top Bottom