• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

What Will You Do if Trump Doesn’t Leave?

Playing out the nightmare scenario.

merlin_176270748_a41162b0-d453-44f6-8d02-a627f978a987-articleLarge.jpg

I have been posting virtually every day about the recalcitrant dictator of Belarus who refuses the electoral will of the people.

I know very well how I would react if Donald Trump attempted a similar coup here in the United States. Do you know how you would react?

Let's face it. Trump is unlike any previous US presidents. This scenario is a very real possibility that I think all of us should mentally prepare for, and steel our resolve.

Recently, Trump presented his newest conspiracy theory. "We had somebody get on a plane from a certain city this weekend, and in the plane it was almost completely loaded with thugs wearing these dark uniforms, black uniforms with gear and this and that. They're on a plane."

His story was based on "a firsthand account of a plane going from Washington to wherever," and "it's under investigation right now."

Next, Trump recommended "herd immunity" as explained by his new medical advisor who is not an epidemiologist. Dr. Scott W. Atlas argued that the science of mask wearing is uncertain, that children cannot pass on the coronavirus and that the role of the government is not to stamp out the virus but to protect its most vulnerable citizens as the highly contagious virus runs its course through the population.

Trump then encouraged his adoring admirers to commit a felony. "So let them send it [mail-in ballot] in and let them go vote [in person], and if their system's as good as they say it is, then obviously they won't be able to vote. If it isn't tabulated, they'll be able to vote,” our President said.

Around the same time, one of Trump's people, Robert Redfield, head of the CDC, told public health officials in all 50 states and five large cities that they should prepare to distribute a coronavirus vaccine to health care workers and other high-risk groups as soon as late October or early November.

Wow! Ain't that something. Just in time for the election.

All this has happened in the past three days!

So, the question should be asked, what do the GOP leaders in Congress think about the performance of our Republican President?

We don't know. Similar to Trump's followers and the Trump Network, er, Fox News, GOP lawmakers are totally silent when it comes to the President. I have been following politics for over a half century. Never have I experienced anything like this. Everyone who supports Trump prefers not to talk about him. When it comes to Trump, there is total silence from the GOP leadership.

Well, not completely silent. Fox News reports, "Two House GOP leaders have officially called on Attorney General William Barr to determine whether House Speaker Nancy Pelosi broke federal law when she ripped up President Trump's State of the Union speech earlier this year."

Trump not leaving office after being defeated is simply another empty threat he wants everyone to believe. He makes a meaningless threat on average of every day ending in "Y."

But he is alone.

"We don't know. Similar to Trump's followers and the Trump Network, er, Fox News, GOP lawmakers are totally silent when it comes to the President. I have been following politics for over a half century. Never have I experienced anything like this. Everyone who supports Trump prefers not to talk about him. When it comes to Trump, there is total silence from the GOP leadership."

This is confirmed by this forum. There is not one thread from a Trump follower that concerns what Trump is doing and saying, not one. His followers avoid him. If they mention him at all, it is theoretical hyperbole, not what Trump is doing.

Trump is the least popular President in American history.

If Trump doesn't have the support of the people or the leadership of his own party in Congress, he cannot possibly defy the wishes of the American people. Caused by his complete incompetence, I repeat, he is alone. Imagine a President urging his followers to vote twice. Well, you don't have to imagine it.

This is a bluff and a bad one at that. Trump is a sick, old man afflicted by extreme narcissism. This ludicrous threat draws the attention he craves.

Maybe some of his fans will believe it. They believe everything he says. We will never know. They don't discuss Trump.

Cute, but it doesn't address the OP's question. What would you do if 45 refused to leave?

It's a stupid question. It's no more possible for Trump to stay in office past the end of his term than it is for me to stay in my apartment past the end of my lease.

If it were possible for a President to just remain in office until they felt like leaving, someone would've done it already. The country would certainly be better off if someone had.

Playing out the nightmare scenario.

merlin_176270748_a41162b0-d453-44f6-8d02-a627f978a987-articleLarge.jpg

I have been posting virtually every day about the recalcitrant dictator of Belarus who refuses the electoral will of the people.

I know very well how I would react if Donald Trump attempted a similar coup here in the United States. Do you know how you would react?

Let's face it. Trump is unlike any previous US presidents. This scenario is a very real possibility that I think all of us should mentally prepare for, and steel our resolve.

You need to take your conspiracy theory to it's proper forum. You know...the place where all the tin-foil hat nonsense belongs.

Trump will whine, he will sue, but if he loses all that, he will leave... Trump is a coward and has run from fights his whole life...

Please, if he ran from fights you’d all like him a lot more.

You need to take your conspiracy theory to it's proper forum. You know...the place where all the tin-foil hat nonsense belongs.

Hillary literally says Biden shouldn’t concede no matter what. Trump Wetters are human projectors.

Please, if he ran from fights you’d all like him a lot more.

Do we need to list all the failed businesses he has ran from and claim bankruptcy?

Back
Top Bottom